What Now? Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Females in season released a scent almost irresistible to males. Scent was a powerful motivator for them.

So, the longer it took him to find her, the more frustrated she would become.

Madeline, meanwhile, was headed north, following her nose along a slightly older trail. She jumped a rabbit but paid it scant attention, so focused was she on her goal.

Gordon watched her go by from his vantage point on a small rise.

Erich was closing on the den when he called out [Where is she?]

Caroline replied [Didn't you meet her on the trail?]. He was not quite in view of the den.

[No.] [Lyssa can you see if anyone's seen Madeline?]

[Wyeth, please report any sighting of the Madam Beta.]

The answer came back. [Morel wood, headed north.]

Erich took off, veering to the left, northward.

Nothing.

She growled. The scent wasn't new enough. Where was he?

She howled and turned toward the east.

Paul and Ross were on midday sweep when they spotted the small female who was the second Beta's mate. [The Madam Beta is approaching the Daisy meadow.]

Erich turned again.

Madeline briefly noted the two males' movements and turned again, in the opposite direction of their travel.

Celia and Anna were picking berries in a large stand of canes.

They noticed the small brown wolf with her white socks coming closer. "The Beta hasn't gotten to her yet?"

"Apparently not."

Madeline approached them, stiff-legged and growling

Celia backed off and Anna said, "Tell them where she is." before she shifted form.

Madeline stopped, squatting, and emptied her bladder..

Anna knew what that meant, understood is was a warning, partly threat. But Madeline needed to be delayed so her mate could catch her. So, she rushed the small wolf in the form of a wolf woman.

Anna was bigger, like Lyssa, but no wolf liked to be surprised or confined. She held on tightly to the wriggling, scrabbling wolf who howled and turned to try to bite her.

Anna tried to hold her head, to keep her from biting, but wasn't entirely successful.

By the time Erich got close, she had several scratches and was bleeding from a couple spots. She basically tossed Madeline toward her approaching mate.

Madeline whirled and snarled before Erich's scent reached her. She then turned again, bouncing and licking his muzzle.

Erich was ready, hard and ready, having smelled the urine she had left nearby. But Madeline was young and the run had her overexcited. She bounced and yipped at him, as he tried to figure out how to calm her down. He tried standing still but she nipped at him and ran away.

Damn.

So, he chased her, following the wonderful scent of her. He didn't understand her behavior Every other female that he was aware of hunted down their mate and then stood still for them.

Thankfully, though she was small and took corners like a rabbit, it didn't take him long to catch her. He tumbled her and grabbed her by the ruff as she got her legs back under her.

Madeline froze. And whimpered.

[Blossom? What's wrong?] He didn't move but didn't let go.

[Er..ich?] Her send was quiet. Sounded scared. She was taking short, rapid breaths and looked huddled in on herself, tail tucked.

It took all of his control to release his hold on her and to walk around and sit in front of her. [Madeline?]

He saw her begin to relax as soon as he let her go. She straightened and took half a step forward, sniffing.

Erich sat rigidly, hard and dripping, waiting for her to settle. Something had happened to her, something she'd never told him. He'd have to find out what it was.

She came closer, sniffing, and licked his muzzle. She then turned and presented herself to him. He moved forward, slowly, and again took her by the ruff. This time she didn't tense up so he moved forward and found her opening. She growled as he started to push in, trying to push back against him. She settled with the completion of that first thrust, so he took firmer hold and began to pump into her.

Madeline's heat was short, only two days long. They slept, curled up together, recovering.

*****

Lyssa slowed as the light changed yellow. The car behind her, in seeming annoyance, pulled into the lane beside her so he would be at the front when the light changed.

She glanced over at Ronnie, who was driving a 10 year old Nissan.

Ronnie, rapping his thumbs against the wheel, looked to the side, noticing a good-looking girl. He turned on his smile as he realized she looked an awful lot like ...

Lyssa looked at him, then turned forward, with no change of expression. The light changed and she stepped on the gas.

Startled, mouth open, he watched her pull away. The car behind him laid on the horn and he flipped them the bird.

Lyssa. The bitch. There she was. Another honk. He stepped on it, slid into the other lane. Two cars between them. But she was in a big, black sedan.

A right. No cars between them. She'd made a right and he'd followed.

He figured she was the one bugging him. He'd shot her wolfy and she thought she knew it was him.

Well, there wasn't any proof or the cops woulda come to see him.

He wanted to see her upset, that he'd hurt her. She needed to hurt, after all she'd done to him. Prison. His shitty job. Thinking he could become one of them after being bitten.

He was following her. Good.

She wouldn't go to the den, now with him following her. He obviously wanted to catch up with her. But to do what? Kill her too? Confront her? Kidnap her?

Ha. That was a laugh. She was stronger than he knew. But, if he had a gun...

What she wanted was to get a confession. Wanted him to pay for killing Jamie. What had ever made her think he was boyfriend material? He'd been an ass practically from the beginning. Now that she thought about it, he'd probably had her followed, had his friends watch her. As jealous as he was, she thought him capable of it. A couple of comments on things she'd done while he was off working came to her.

Where to take him?

There were only 2 places outside of the den that made sense - the males' place or the cabin. She really didn't want him in their cabin, but wasn't sure if anyone would be at the males' hideaway. But, it was further from the road, harder to get to.

It would give him time to catch up to her. Time for her to get what she needed.

She was stopping, in the middle of nowhere.

She was out of the car, crossing the ditch.

It was hot, sunny. Her chestnut hair contrasted against the green. Mmmm. He remembered that hair, but it was longer now.

Hmmm. He could use it when he forced her to suck his dick.

Damn! He had to move or he'd lose her.

He closed the door quietly and followed her into the brush.

Once past the treeline he spotted her. She was wearing some purple thing.

Lyssa led him away from the road. She had worn a color that would be easier to follow. She didn't have a really good plan, but, then, a lot would depend on him.

She moved rather quickly, but certainly not as fast as she could. She didn't want to give him time to think.

She also didn't want to run into anyone else cuz things could go bad really quickly.

Ronnie was almost salivating, imagining her horror when she found out he was the one who'd killed her precious hubby. That she'd brought it on herself. That it was all her fault.

And he'd have her again, oh, yeah.

Oof!

He'd fallen.

She snorted. Well, they were a good 500 yards from the road. Now, where?

Ah! Lyssa slid through a couple of pine trees and went down on one knee. She untied and re-tied the sneaker, hoping her Skechers wouldn't get too messed up. She heard the scratching as he pushed through the limbs of the trees.

As she pressed the switch, he pounced.

As she went to the ground, she suppressed a snarl. Had to appear weak.

"You fuckin' slut! You've been sending me messages, haven't you?"

She struggled to turn over and he grabbed her by the hair, hauling her up. He slapped her, "Huh? DIdn't you?"

Spitting out a couple of pine needles, she glared at him. He shook her and she ground out, "Yes."

"Why? Why are you bugging me?"

Lyssa was sitting on her heels and Ronnie had her by the hair with his fingers digging into her shoulder. "Because you killed him."

"And what makes you say that, you fucking cunt?" His voice was getting louder, his face was getting red, and he shook her again. He hadn't denied it.

She took a deep breath as he pulled her upright. "You hated Emmett since you met him. You're the only one who wanted him dead."

'So. I'm the only one. There're a lot of people scared of you. You werewolves." He spit the word. "It was probably one of them."

Lyssa swallowed. "But, you didn't kill Mercy."

She saw the change in his face then. He started to smirk. She was right; she had him. Now, she just had to get him to admit it.

12