What The Future Holds Ch. 14

Story Info
Buffy & Angel wake up without each other.
1k words
4.33
18.1k
00

Part 14 of the 20 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 11/21/2001
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
angel13
angel13
24 Followers

As Sunday approached things at The Reilly household were disoriented. Both Buffy and Angel for the first time as a married couple woke up without the embrace of their loved one. All night long Angel tossed and turned in bed. He couldn't sleep even though he was tired, but not having Buffy in his arms was the worst feeling ever. He felt like a part of him was missing. Buffy woke up and noticed the left side of the bed was empty. She had trouble sleeping as well. At night she'd have Angel hold her and felt safe and loved.

~*~*~*~*~*

The day passed slowly and quietly. Buffy and Angel didn't utter a word to each other. In a way both of them were glad that their friends hadn't noticed the incident. Angel was hopeful for one thing that was going back to work and start training with Kristen again. Maybe just maybe he'd be distracted by his work and have to think about Buffy.

They had dinner peacefully in silence.

"Thanks for dinner, Buffy," Angel said. His voice held no emotion or pain. It was just plain and simple. It was like they were strangers. Those were the first words that he said to her all day.

"Your welcome," Buffy said with a smile. She cared about him a lot. Hell they went through so much.

"I'm going to bed now," Angel said and got up to leave.

"Already? Isn't it kind of early, even for you?" Buffy asked with concern. She didn't want him to leave yet.

"I have a big day tomorrow, with at least four classes plus I haven't prepared the finals for my students. Anyway you have Ryan here to keep you company."

"Night, Buffy. Night, Ryan."

"Night, Angel," they both said.

~*~*~*~*~*

Angel headed off to work pretty early. He didn't want to bump into Buffy. So he quietly took some of his clothes inside their bedroom not wanting to disturb her sleeping. Buffy felt him because she smelled his aftershave. She turned around and moaned out his name,

"Angel."

'Damn I better leave before she wakes up.' He quickly left the room, headed towards his room, got dressed and headed out the door.

At Sunnydale, he entered his classroom and prepared the lesson plan for the day. He left the room and headed towards the cafeteria.

~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile Buffy got ready and headed towards the kitchen. She spotted a note on the fridge. Buffy took it and it said,

GOOD MORNING BUFFY,

AS YOU CAN SEE I ALREADY LEFT. I WISH YOU A PLEASANT DAY. I PROBABLY WON'T BE HOME EARLY. SO DON'T WAIT UP.

ANGEL

"Oh, Angel, why are you playing this game with me? Why can't you come to your senses and say your sorry? Well I know for sure that I'm not the one that's going to say sorry," Buffy said.

~*~*~*~*~*

Angel headed back to class and his students were seated waiting for him.

"Morning, Mr. Reilly. How's married life treating you? So is it all that you'd expect it to be?"

"Jo, I'm not in the mood today. So keep all sarcastic comments to yourself, alright?"

"Sure. I'm sorry." Jo turned to face Michelle, but was cut off by Angel.

"Jo, I told you no more remarks. That means no chatting with Michelle. Am I making myself clear?"

"Yes."

"Okay let's begin with the lesson review that I've planned for the final." He handed out the sheets.

Jo took this opportunity to pass Michelle a note. Michelle intercepted it before Angel spotted it. The note said,

WHAT'S UP WITH MR. REILLY? DID HE GET INTO A HUGE FIGHT WITH HIS WIFE?

"Open up to Chapter 1: The American Revolution."

Angel spent the whole day preoccupied into his work. The only time he'd thought of Buffy was when Jo mentioned her earlier.

Buffy was somewhat bored. She wanted to call Willow or barge into Angel's classroom, grab him and kiss him.

~*~*~*~*~*

Angel came home around 6:00 pm. He was so tired and just wanted a good night's rest and that's exactly what he did.

~*~*~*~*~*

The next two weeks were the most painful experience that they both went through. Friday June 17 was his last day and finals for his students. Angel stepped into the shower and let the hot water beat against his muscles. He felt sore all over his body. As he washed his arms, chest and legs all his thoughts went were on Buffy.

'Can I wish your back? It'll be fun.' She had a glint in her eyes.

'Hmm. Let me think about it.'

'Angel!'

'All right, alright you win.'

She proceeded to massage his lean arms, then going up to his muscular back and then to his broad shoulders.

'Oh Buffy that feels so great. Keep doing what your doing.'

'I plan to Angel. For a very very long time.' She placed a kiss on his back.

He stepped out with a towel wrapped around his waist and headed towards the bedroom. He walked with his shoulders slouching and then bumped into Buffy.

"Sorry, Buffy." His hands had a grip on her arms. He missed the touch of his wife's smooth skin gracing across his fingertips. He felt this tingling sensation of Buffy's skin on his fingertips.

"Angel." She looked up at him with her hazel eyes. As she looked into his brown eyes, she saw the hurt and pain through them. He let go of his hands. She looked at him and noticed how gorgeous he was. As the water droplets trickled down his muscular chest, going down his abs, and reaching the waistband of his towel. She swallowed. Buffy so wanted to pull that towel off him, drag him into the bedroom and make wild passionate love.

Angel couldn't help staring at her. 'What was I thinking? She's my wife, my best friend, my lover, my soul mate and everything that connects the love between a man and a woman.

"I better go get ready. I'll see you later."

Buffy was left speechless. 'That's it tonight I'm planning to get this feud over with. I don't care if I have to tie Angel to the bed. He's going to listen.'

Ryan peeked through the door and saw the whole scene out before him. 'Tonight I'm going to score big time. I'm making Buffy mine.'

angel13
angel13
24 Followers