What the Hell's Happening: Epilogue

Story Info
A brief commentary.
960 words
3.32
23.8k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

EPILOGUE.

Hi, Arch here.

Wow, I hope that was a satisfactory journey for you... because the amazing comments and interaction certainly made it a first one I'll remember!

Firstly I apologize to all those who hated the story. But I did warn of the content.

On that note, I will admit I don't like the Mona Lisa as a painting. It is too dark, the girl is ugly and the whole thing appears lopsided. That of course is my opinion, but does it have artistic merit, is it well painted, does it have qualities...???

One should judge the package... not the perception.

Now I've always been fascinated in the way people respond to stories. The comments left are often so in-depth and heartfelt that I have to smile. (I left my comments box open at the end of each chapter for this very reason only deleting the horrible personal abuse.)

Obviously a good author can induce people to believe in the realism of their tale, to become involved and attached to the characters and their emotions, but after it all is said and done... its not real!

The reader is in the hands of the author, irrelevant to their personal opinion or perceived direction of the creative writing.

So, with that in mind I set about to explore that very question, 'how real is fiction'?

First things first.

I elected to post the series in short installments with the intention of throwing the reader off scent as to what was really going on. I didn't want people scanning ahead, unscrewing the jar and discovering where this story was headed and giving the game away. The idea of a slow build up and attempting to push the erotic tension boundaries was certainly my secondary consideration. The slowness of the postings perhaps hindered the flow of the story line, but I'll rectify that if I ever submit again.

I employed the "Cuckold" theme to really push some boundaries as I felt the blending of reality and fantasy worked better when the sacred vows of marriage are stretched somewhat beyond plausibility. Obviously I had to have a 'fantasy' to build to a reality... and then be able tear the fabrication down again. I thought cuckolding suited that template the best.

Probably not a wise decision! Oh well..

The first chapter build up and descriptive block building were a ruse to draw the reader away from the last line of the intro, where Kevin fell asleep succumbing to his crazy dream...

I needed the mini-series "Missionary Man" as a tool to introduce Kevin to the reality of his fantasy, and to his acceptance of who and what he really was. Of course Barry's mad scheme and the porn production was where I attempted to blend the reality into the fantasy once more through the introduction of the wacky script.

I have no idea if this really worked, it's very hard to achieve!! I even went from first person perspective to third person so as to blur those lines. I have no idea if this is plausible in a dream sequence! Anyway, I gave it a go. You may even have noticed that at the end of chapter 4, I once again hinted at the ongoing 'real' dream, but hopefully that 'reality' once again blended into the illusion of Kevin's fantasy.

Then of course we have Kev waking up and realizing the madness is all a horrific nightmare... or is it? This is where the line is crossed and the reader understands that everything prior, barring the intro, is nothing more than fabricated fantasy. Tossing and turning all night he dreams of life as a cuckold... because of 'that' question... and he's turned on.

Then we have the interaction between Rebecca and her twin sister, and Kevin's 'reality' morphs once more into 'fantasy', having been blindsided by his wife's 'question' the previous night... only to then free fall back into a reality where he happily lives out his fantasy...?? Yeah, I'm getting confused too!

But I wasn't done...

The conclusion hopefully presented the whole rant as fiction... but then, with Rebecca's post script, the fantasy would start all over again and finally become...????

Of course it's all fiction...

I tried to live inside Kevin's crazed head as he sweated through that turbo-charged erotic nightmare, pushing the limits of acceptability to the very edge. Unfortunately for me this didn't work, because I miss read the readers reluctance to accept it as anything more than fiction... which of course was my intention. I just pushed too far.

Anyway, I had fun writing it and I hope some of you found equal enjoyment in reading it.

You other folk, and you know who you are, we've read the comments... lighten up!! Life's not all doom and gloom!

And yes, as someone rightly pointed out, the comments are way better than the story.

Anyway, it was my first attempt, maybe I'll get better? I certainly won't try this shit again!

Cheers... Arch. (Still unknown and likely to remain so!)

Oh... just a bit of housekeeping.

Yes, a JD is not scotch, slack piece of editing... my bad. (And once again I accept all responsibility for the typos etc.)

Ladies, I apologize for not describing Matt. I've been told my work lacks descriptive merit. But in my defense, it's difficult for a guy to describe another guy, and what do I know about what girls like in their men. Just imagine your hunkiest Hollywood dreamboat... that's Matt. :)

P.S. I'm still considering whether or not to post again...

As I stated, I've got lots in the vault, but certainly the next one will be a tender loving soft center wrapped in gooiness for all of you who need the luvin.;)