What's in a Name? Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She closed her eyes, and searched for the gentle waves she had felt course through her body earlier. Somewhere, in the back of her mind, she could discern them. They were very subtle, and it took her some effort to isolate them from the background noise. As she tried to mold them into her conscious mind, she felt their force increase.

Alexander monitored her efforts. "I can feel the waves coursing through me now," he said approvingly. "Do you feel them too?"

Ravenna nodded absentmindedly, trying to bring the feeling to the front of her mind. She suddenly felt Alexander shift uneasily. "Ravenna, I'm placing a glass on the side table. How do you feel about trying to smash the glass?" He had felt how the house had started shaking again, and thought better to sacrifice one glass than to unleash her powers on his carefully styled house; a glass really was less work cleaning up.

Ravenna shot a quick look at the glass on the table and tried to approach the sensations differently now, to channel them, focus them on the glass instead of drowning herself in them. Straining to send the waves to the object in front of her, her brow furrowed in concentration. More and more, she managed to send them to the glass.

Suddenly, it exploded, shatters flying across the room. Startled, she cut off the energy, looking worried at Alexander. "Brilliant." He had a huge grin on his face. "I could feel how you tried to focus your powers, until you managed to aim them at one point," he said approvingly. "You just blew up the glass." His was tone admiring.

Ravenna frowned at him, still uncertain about what Alexander had just told her. "Can I do it again?"

"Sure, I still have quite a few glasses that do not match with my new set," he said grinning and placed a new glass on the side table. The comment snapped her out of her concentration. There was more to it than he told her. "You have multiple sets?"

"I used to have one, but since I'm having a houseguest who sleeps restlessly," he winked. "I had to buy new sets." Ravenna smiled shyly at his joke and tried again with the new glass. It went easier this time, now that she more or less knew what to do. She connected with her energy and sent them out to the glass, giving it an extra push as it went on its way. The glass did not explode this time, it just pulverized where it stood, leaving a small heap of glittering grey behind.

A smile spread on her lips as she looked at the product of her efforts with big eyes.

"Wow." Alexander looked at her stunned.

She nodded enthusiastically, pleasure dancing on her face. "Again!" Alexander laughed, awestruck by the display of power before him. "You want to try two at the same time?"

Ravenna was practically bouncing in her chair, nodding impatiently. The two glasses did not stand a chance and were sent to oblivion as soon as Alexander placed them on the table, nor did the rest of the glasses she had not managed to destroy earlier when she still had been unconscious. They sat like that for a while, practicing her newly discovered powers.

It was not long before her body caught up with her, and she could not stifle her yawn. Too keen on continuing to destroy Alexander's table set, she tried to hide her fatigue, but Alexander was not fooled. Smiling, he stopped her. "Ravenna, you're tired. There are plenty of glasses to destroy another time. Let's get you some sleep first."

Pouting her lips, she pondered protesting. Sleeping did sound good though. She tried to get off the couch, but found her body would really rather sleep there than walk upstairs to the big fluffy bed in her room.

Alexander grinned and scooped her up from the couch. They crossed the living room where Dominic still vacated the couch, a tall drink in his hand. The girl in Alexander's arms really looked tired, but he could not stop himself from teasing her some more.

"Did you succumb to his charms this soon, girl? It sure did feel like you were having fun in there," he said cheekily, a mischievous grin on his face. Ravenna's cheeks colored red and she shot him an angry look. She would not let this annoying male model make fun of her! Concentrating on the glass in his hands, she decided she would give him a taste of his own medicine.

Surprised, Dominic took in the sudden concentration on the girl's face, the familiar waves subtly tickling his insides. He shifted uneasily on the couch; she really looked at him eerily. Suddenly, the glass in his hands pulverized, its sticky contents spilling over his clothes. Stunned, he looked up from his vaporized glass.

"What the fuck?" The girl was still in Alexander's arms, who had difficulty containing his laughter. She positively looked like a cat that just devoured a mouse, triumph on her face.

He roared with laughter. "You and I are going to get along great, girl. I'm looking forward to your recovery!" Grinning, he rose from the couch to clean his clothes, giving her a playful pat on the shoulder as he passed her. He already liked the explosive woman in his friend's arms.

Ravenna was surprised at his good-natured reaction. She smiled at him as he walked to the door, she had not expected that. Grinning, Alexander carried her from the room and brought her back upstairs. "He's not as bad as he looks," he said, winking. Ravenna just shook her head, smiling.

She hesitated for a second. "He's a vampire too?"

"Yes and my best friend for over 2000 years."

Ravenna nodded slowly, contemplating everything she'd learned that day about not-so-mythical mythical creatures.

"And how old is he?"

"He's about 3000 years old, a little younger than I am."

"Ah, a youngster." She yawned. "No wonder he's such a child, and your such a grandpa," she said, sticking her tongue out to him. Smiling, Alexander dropped the little tease on the bed. Her sudden yelp of pain made him regret that instantly. "Did I hurt you?"

Ravenna tried not to show how much the unfortunate drop had hurt her. "It's just my shoulder," she said evasive. "It's still somewhat sore."

Alexander didn't buy it. Swiftly, he inspected the injured shoulder, frowning when he discovered he had missed the obvious fracture. "It's broken Ravenna, I'm sorry I did not see it before."

He got up from the bed to get his first aid kit. "It's already healing, but I think you'll feel it less if you let me tape it. Just sit still." Ravenna felt embarrassed as he helped her out of her T-shirt and pulled down one of the straps of her bra. There was nothing to be seen, but still. She felt uncomfortable with this gorgeous man sitting so close, her being almost naked. She waited impatiently until he finished taping her shoulder and quickly slid her T-shirt back on.

He smiled at her shyness, suddenly wondering what age she was. "How old are you, Ravenna?"

She looked at him uncertain, embarrassed again. "I'm not sure, about 22, I think."

"Hmm." Little experience in some areas of life, too much in others, he thought. "How's the shoulder?"

"Better, thank you."

"Do you need help getting to bed?"

Uh, no way. "Thanks, I'll be fine."

He grinned. "Then I'll see you in a couple of hours. Sleep tight, Ravenna."

"Thanks, Alexander," she said. "For everything."

He smiled. "You are welcome," he answered, and turned for the door.

***

12