When a Woman's Fed Up Ch. 01

Story Info
How much will a woman endure before she fights back?
8.9k words
4.52
52k
41

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/14/2022
Created 09/15/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,298 Followers

Hello readers,

Thank you all for reading Dark Chocolate: A Mature Story. This is continuation of that story. The character Keisha was introduced briefly in chapter two of that tale, and for some reason I feel compelled to tell her story. I must state that these are fictional characters and exist solely in my imagination.

This is an interracial love story. I must warn you the first chapter is a bit rough and there is NO SEX in this chapter. The love scenes will come as the Dylan and Keisha's story develop. So if you want a quick fix, please find another story that will fulfill that need.

Overstar, thank you for editing. Any errors are my own, but please don't allow them to distract you. So if you are going to get hung up on mistakes, then I apologize.

Please read it and enjoy. Also I ask that you do not replicate this story without asking. Writing is hard work and I really take it seriously.

IR2R

Keisha Johnson stared at her bruised face once again in her bedroom mirror. The person that inflicted this damage lay sleeping in the next room. Keisha hated him, and the only thing running through her mind was the words of her arch nemesis Talia Greene."Keisha, how many times does he have to go upside your head for you to know Deshaun does not love you? He hit me once and I ran. How many times has he hit you, ten, one hundred, more? You call me names and try to insult me when you have a problem. Yes, Richard is young, but he loves me. He would never hurt me like that. That's not in him." Talia glared at her, daring her to deny what she said at her parent's anniversary banquet last year.

Keisha stood her ground because she had to save face. But she knew Talia was right. He didn't love her. She was convenient, a punching bag for him. Her friends were there and she knew they'd tell their men what was said and eventually Deshaun would find out. If she seemed weak, she'd pay when he came home. But then again, she argued with Talia, so he'd make her pay anyway, and she did. It took her four months to heal from the beating he gave her, but that was a year ago, today was different.

A week ago she had to work late, and didn't get a chance to call. When she made it home a little after eleven, Deshaun was waiting. He was angry because she wasn't there to cater to him. He didn't have a job and could not get one because of his record. So he controlled everything she did. She had to be home by a certain time, and could only leave when he permitted her to go. Even when she was permitted, she had to give him an itinerary so he could approve. He allowed her to work, but not much else.

He was always angry, and this night was no different. He slapped her around and then made her prepare a full meal for him. The whole while he told her what a worthless person she was. "You're nothing. I can find another woman that is much better than you. You think you can survive without me. No, bitch. I made you. But really you are a waste of my time. Fix my dinner and then clean this shit up." He ordered. She cleaned up the mess and quickly made his dinner. The next morning, she got dressed for work, carefully applying make-up to hide her shame. He didn't even pretend to be sorry anymore. He just said, the beatings were her fault.

Keisha wore makeup to hide the bruises, but she knew no one was fooled. She arrived at her job, and people stared. Her boss shook his head and said nothing. A few days passed, and things settled. On Tuesday night, she got an emergency call from Mya, her best friend. Her Mom had collapsed. The residential supervisor had called an ambulance to take her to the hospital. Keisha alerted her supervisor, who let her go immediately. She rushed to the hospital and waited anxiously as her mother was being cared for. Her mom, who was already deathly ill, fought hard and survived, but barely. It was in that hospital room that her mother spoke to her honestly. For once, Keisha listened.

"Keisha, that boy will kill you. Promise me you'll get away." She breathed heavily, struggling with each breath. "I love you, and I hate seeing him treat you like this. I won't be here much longer, and I won't be here to protect you. He hit you again, didn't he?" she asked, eyes sad and broken.

"Momma, you know he doesn't mean to hit me. I just make him mad sometimes. He's a good man. He's just misunderstood. I'll tell Deshaun that you're sick. He'll understand. He might even come see you and then you'll see he is a good man." Keisha tried to cover plastering on a fake smile while thinking that her mother was right.

Her mother wasn't listening. She was distraught as her daughter stood there spouting the exact same excuses for this man as she did for her ex-lover years ago. "I hate that I stayed with Frank. I hate I let you see him beat me. I should have left, but I didn't think I could. Keisha, baby, listen to me; a man who loves you won't hurt you like this." She explained. "Baby, you are beautiful, and you deserve to be happy. Leave him, promise me you'll find a way." She demanded. Keisha did not reply, because she didn't want to lie to her mother. Her mother became agitated. Her monitors sounded and the nurse ordered her to leave.

Keisha knew her mother was right. She'd seen it. That was why she hated Talia and Dalia Greene. They had perfect parents that never struck them, or demeaned them.

She caught the bus home and as she rode, she remembered riding in a car with her step-father when she was younger. One of his friends was interested in her, and he told her that she could just spend time with his friend and earn some money. Keisha refused, and Frank became angry. Keisha shuttered as the memories assaulted her. "You stupid little bitch. I do all I can for you and your sorry ass Momma, and you talk back to me. You think you can say no to me. Bitch, I own you. You do what I say." Keisha opened her mouth to speak when he hit her, and told her she'd better not ever back talk him again. It was then that Keisha's dreams of a better life ended.

She never told her mother, but she learned that as a woman you had to do what the man said. Her step-father's abuse continued until Deshaun stopped him. He became her everything. He trained her, conditioned her, and even now almost twenty years to the day they met, he made sure she knew he made her; she was his creation, his property. She endured a lot at his hands, even other females.

At twenty-one, Keisha became pregnant. She wanted to give her child stability. She didn't want her son or daughter growing up like she did. However, Deshaun needed to change. She felt he needed to stop messing around and settle into his role as a family man. One night after waiting up till early in the morning, he staggered in smelling of booze, weed, and women. Keisha was furious and hurt, so she confronted Deshaun about his drinking and cavorting around with other women. He snapped on her and slammed her into the wall, hard enough to dent it; she lost the child. Keisha cried as she remembered the pain she suffered. She recalled the intense agony of her child dying and then slowly evacuating her body. He would not take her to a hospital because he feared being arrested again. She lay in bed a full day before Deshaun demanded she get up and take care of him. She learned to never question him again.

Soon after, he set his sights on Talia Greene once again. She was pissed when she learned he was sniffling around the other woman, but Talia turned him down. He was infuriated, but her refusal made him even more determined to get her back. He came home, and told her what a frigid little bitch Talia was, and that he didn't really want her anyway. His description gave her confidence, because he swore he hated her and her dark skin.

Keisha knew he was lying, but as long as he focused on the other woman, then he wasn't knocking her around. Keisha felt pathetic, shamed, and she felt like a failure. Why wasn't she enough for him? Why couldn't she keep him happy? Maybe, just maybe, she deserved the way he treated her. She had to be better, become what he wanted. Then, maybe, just maybe, he'd leave the other women alone.

Keisha stared from the bus windows. Deshaun! Do I love him, or am I just afraid? Keisha thought. Momma is right. He will kill me, but how can I get away? she pondered.

Last year at the Greene's Anniversary dinner, Deshaun crossed a line. He decided to go after Talia Greene once more, but she shot him down. So he snuck into the banquet hall and threatened her boyfriend. The police was call and he was arrested. She bailed him out, and for a few days he was kind. Soon the niceness wore off, and he learned of the argument in the ladies room. One night she came home, and he was waiting. Deshaun had been drinking. He wanted to know if she wanted Talia's man. He heard how she wanted to fuck him that night. Did she want a boy too? He asked becoming more furious by the minute. Terrified, Keisha tried to tell him it was nothing. Before she could get two words out, she was on the floor. He snatched her up, and flung her around, punching her viciously.

He vented, Bitch, you want to embarrass me. You want to fuck that boy. Davicia told Caveman what you said. I will kill you before you make a fool of me. he ranted with each strike.

Keisha didn't fight back; she simply cowered. Eventually she was able to ball her body into a tight ball as he continued his assault. Deshaun kicked her viciously in the back, side, and her head. She passed out, not sure when the attack ended. She remembered waking the next morning with him ordering her to clean up the mess she caused. She did.

Soon the bus arrived at her stop, and she knew it was time to hurry home. Keisha had reached a point, an inevitable point that all women reach at a crucial point in their lives. She had enough. Her mother was dying, and there was nothing she could do. Her mother spent most of her life catering to a man that did not care if she lived or died.

Her step-father, Frank, mistreated her mom, beat her, and three years ago when she was diagnosed with a brain tumor, chose to go off with younger woman. He didn't simply leave; he left with a cruel parting shot. He called her mother names, said she was stupid, and that he never loved her. She was a fat, bald-headed slob and the sight of her made him want to puke.He reveled in humiliating her mother, leaving her a broken sob of nothingness, as her neighbors looked on. She tried to help, but then Deshaun wanted her with him, and demanded that she go with him right then.

This ain't our business. he declared. Keisha wanted to refuse, but she feared being struck again even more. So she hugged her mother and left her at home alone, hurting and crushed. So her mother was essentially left to pull herself together.

Deshaun treated her the same way her step-father treated her mother. She arrived at the small home she paid for them to live in, and let herself in. As she entered, she expected to hear a barrage of insults, but was relieved to be greeted by silence. Keisha sat in the dark, contemplating. She was tired, and needed to do something. Her mother was living in an assisted living home, so she could not go there. She had friends, but they would never take her in. Deshaun would surely kill her if she left and he caught her this time. Unless, he went back to jail, she'd never be free. He had two strikes. It was pure dumb luck that he got off over a year ago. The police failed to read his rights and he got off on a technicality. Keisha knew the truth; the cops were his friends and covered for him once more.

Only one officer was upset, Officer Dylan Nash. He demanded answers, and supervisor ordered him to drop it. He didn't. Deshaun was a ticking time bomb. He needed to be locked up. The supervisor had him reassigned to another precinct.

Keisha was paying his bail when Nash approached her. He gave her his card and said to call if she ever needed him. "Look Ms. Johnson, that man is dangerous. Take my card, if you ever need help, call me." he whispered. His voice calmed her, even then. She looked at him, and noticed his sandy brown hair unevenly cut hang loosely around his cute oval-shaped faced. The kindest pair of deep brown eyes stared back at her, and for a moment she was enthralled.

A phone rang, and she looked away for a second. Her sight landed on Deshaun's homeboy, Caveman, and he was watching her, so she laughed and threw the card on the ground, Nash looked into her eyes, and saw the man that was watching so intently reflected in her irises, and he understood why she did reacted that way. He simply walked off. As soon as she had a chance, she retrieved the card and stuck it in her back pocket. Deshaun never found the card, and she wondered would she still be able to reach the young officer.

Soon she heard a car pull up and knew Deshaun was home. He'd be furious because she had not prepared dinner. Keisha rushed upstairs and hid. Hoping that he'd fall asleep, giving her a reprieve this night.

"Keisha, where are you girl?" he bellowed as he entered. "I'm hungry, hell. You ain't cooked." He ranted. "Bitch, I'm going to have to teach you a lesson."

She huddled on the bathroom, and prayed that he would give up and sleep. Unfortunately, luck was not on her side. He found her cowering in the bathroom and immediately attacked. Keisha thought of her mother, and for the first time in her life, she fought back. Her fury stunned Deshaun as she let loose on him furiously. Her mother was dying, and she had no one else. He had taken everything. There was nothing left besides her life, but death was preferable to the hell she was currently in.

Deshaun struck, and she fell, but this time she did not stay down. She grabbed a metal pipe that was behind the toilet and swung. The blow connected, knocking him back. Deshaun was shocked and then angered that his woman would dare fight him back. After tonight, this bitch would know her place. The two fought, as Deshaun being bigger and stronger overpowered the woman. The police was called and arrived. Hearing her screams, the first officer yelled "POLICE" and they burst in. Deshaun blinded by rage did not realize the officers were in place. Two officers subdued Deshaun and pulled the furious male off of the prone female he was assaulting.

As he was cuffed, Officer Carl Howard ordered the officers to stop, and he made sure he read him his rights. He'd make darn sure he did not get off on a technicality this time. Several more cars arrived and an ambulance was dispatched for the young woman who had been severely beaten. Other officers arrive and secured the scene.

Carl called his friend, Dylan Nash, and told him of the arrest. Nash remembered meeting Keisha a year earlier when that same boyfriend was released on a technicality. He gave her his card, but she never called. Carl explained to Dylan that her injuries were serious. Dylan headed to the hospital immediately.

Keisha was rushed to surgery, having suffered serious injuries. The surgeon was able to repair the damage, a ruptured spleen, repaired damage to her kidneys and liver. She had a broken tibia and her collarbone was shattered as well. Keisha was lucky to be alive. She was placed in ICU overnight, but her condition was stabilizing.

Dylan arrived, and was taken to the waiting area where he sat all night waiting to see her. It was as he was waiting that one of the nurses from her mother's floor, happened to stop by. Recognizing her name, she commented about both mother and daughter in the same place at the same time.

Curious, Nash questioned her and he learned that Keisha's mother was in the same hospital. Dylan made sure he stopped by her room and explained to her what happened, so she would know her daughter was safe. Keisha was unconscious for a few days, and her mother was kept informed of her progress. Desiree Greene stopped by to visit both women and she sat and talked with Lizzie for a while. Both women agreed that somehow Keisha needed to be free of that man.

For now, Deshaun was in jail, and he was being charged with attempted murder. Of course he claimed self-defense citing that she struck him with a blunt object. The courts appointed him an attorney, and he was advised to plead guilty and get a reduced sentence. He would serve two years with three suspended. Deshaun was furious. He'd take the deal, and when he got out Keisha's trifling ass would pay.

Keisha woke up to find Officer Dylan Nash sitting beside her. He wasn't speaking, just watching her. "Ah, you're awake." He whispered.

"Off... pppsssshhh" Keisha tried to talk, but Dylan silenced her. "Don't talk. I want you to know he will go away this time. He won't hurt you or anyone else again."

Keisha cried. Dylan simply sat there. He remembered the first time he saw Ms. Keisha Johnson. It was over a year ago at the Anniversary banquet for Mr. and Mrs. Felix Greene.

Deshaun had forced his way inside and threatened several of the guests.

He saw how Deshaun looked at her, and how she responded to the other man. She was terrified, and he knew someone needed to intervene. However, as long as she stayed silent, this cretin would continue to mistreat her. Dylan Nash was angry. How could an entire group of officers fuck up like this? He should be gone so that the people in that community would be safe. She shouldn't have to live in fear.

He closed his eyes to gain control of his emotions. He remembered the events from a year ago so clearly. He did everything he could to hold that monster, but there was nothing he could do, so he had to follow protocol. The bastard walked. Deshaun Williams was either lucky, or extremely crafty.

That was last year. The last time he got away with it, but this time Dylan would do everything he could to see this monster put away. Keisha slept once more. She was completely unaware of the guardian angel that sat at her bedside.

Dylan watched her sleep, and he had to admit that she was beautiful. He knew of her. She had a reputation of being harsh and rude. She was far from perfect, but even so; no woman deserved to have any man put his hands on her. He stroked her brow and she frowned. Dylan smiled. He'd leave soon. She might have visitors and the last thing she needed was for them to find a cop sitting in her room. But tonight, when all the visitors left, he'd be back. Dylan stood, and looked at the beautiful woman that slept peacefully before exiting her room. He'd check on her mother and then he'd report to work.

After checking on Mrs. Johnson, Dylan walked out of the lobby heading to his car. As he drove out of the parking lot, he saw two of her friends entering the hospital. He called Carl, and asked him to keep him abreast if anything changed in this case.

Dylan Nash, shook his head. So much had changed in the last few years. He'd become an officer, bought his own house, and was helping his younger brother go to school. He always wanted to meet someone, but he never thought she'd be a beautiful black woman with the eyes of a goddess and a body built for sin. Would she even consider dating a white guy? Especially a guy that looked like him: short, stocky, and balding. He was never going to be a GQ model, but he was a good guy.

Maybe one day he would approach her, but not now. Now she needed a friend and that is what he would be. Besides, right now she needed time to heal, and a man in her life was the last thing she needed. Soon, he was home. He rushed in showered, dressed for the day and headed to his precinct.

Keisha was in the hospital for over a week before she was coherent enough to understand what happened to her. Several officers came by and took her statements, and each one assured her that Deshaun was going away this time. She did not believe them. He'll be back; he always comes back. And each time I pay for it. I need to get home, and make dinner for him. Maybe, just maybe, he won't be so angry. If I apologize, then he would know I didn't mean for him to get locked up. I should have just made his dinner; sheesh, I'm so stupid! she thought to herself. She wanted to leave, but her doctor felt she needed more time.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,298 Followers