When I am Gone

Story Info
Scott life gets turned around when he meets Aaron.
1.1k words
4.52
6.4k
2
0

Part 1 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/24/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

WARNING: This is my first story, so I am not a grammar expert. But I hope you don't mind and will love the story.

*****

Facts about me

My name is Scott Hall

I am and will always be a senior at high school.

I want everyone to know my name.

I love Aaron Baxter

Nobody cares that I am gone

Chapter 1

I don't know where to begin. I guess from the beginning, when my life, began to fall apart. It was 9th grade and I thought I could have a fresh start. I kept saying to myself no one will remember me.

I went to my first-hour class and sat down at an empty table. I played my phone and prayed that not a single kid from my Jr. high would be in my class, but I was wrong. Boys from Jr. high came up to me.

All I remembered was that every day, they would bully me and pick on me. They said, hey. I replied with a quiet and scarce, hi.

They told me that they were sorry for Jr. high and made some lame excuse because they were just kids. They left me alone and I melted in my seat, hoping that the day would be over.

But then a faint voice in the distance started talking to me. It was some kid I've never seen before. He asked if any of these seats next to me were taken. I really wanted to say yeah, but I'm such an idiot, I said no.

He turned over and said, hi my name is Aaron Baxter. I don't know what was wrong with me that day, but I've never felt this way before, about a stranger.

We talked about the interest that we had in common. But I couldn't believe that we had a lot in common like favorite foods, sports, and movies. I was so shocked to find someone I could relate to.

When class began Aaron and I couldn't stop laughing, at the fact that there was something in our teacher's teeth. When the class ended, I thought I would never see Aaron again, but after 2 classes, he showed up in my math class.

I really wanted him to sit next to me, but I had to play it cool. Then we made eye contact, he came over and sat next to me. He said to me, I hate math, I don't understand half the time what we are doing.

I saw that my shot was open, so I told Aaron, if he ever needs help with math, he can just ask me. He said thanks, I might take you up on that offer when football season starts. I thought math class would be fun because I love math, but when the class started Mrs. Nelson already had assigned seats.

Of course, the only person I liked in this place, sits all the way across the class. What I didn't know about Aaron, was that he knew the right things to say to girls. All he had to do was to say hi to them and they couldn't stop looking at him. But then again, neither can I.

I found out I have 3 other classes with Aaron, lunch, health and Gym. After Mr. Ray's Chemistry class, I went to my locker to grab my lunch. When suddenly, Aaron came up to me and asked, are you going to lunch? I replied with, yeah I'm heading there right now. He said good, I'll walk with you. I felt so flattered, getting an escort by the hottest guy in the school.

We sat down at a table and begun talking about our summers. We kept laughing throughout the lunchroom, people thought we were going to die of laughter. But the bell rang and we walked together to gym.

However when we arrived, some of the kids from Jr. high kept calling Aaron's name. I knew that something wrong was going to happen. When Aaron and I walked over the boys asked me, who asked you to come over here Scott?

I was so scared, I started to turn around and walk off. Then Aaron grabbed my arm and said to the boys, he's with me, so back off. No one has ever stood up for me before, thanks, I said to Aaron. He told me we're friends, it's what we do.

I guess, though if this is how the next 4 years went, I might still be alive.

Chapter 2

The next day was alright, but I could see something was troubling Aaron. I kept asking him, what was wrong, but he wouldn't tell me.

I told him, if he ever needed anything, he can text me. He told me thanks, but I knew he wasn't going to bother me. Weeks passed by and Aaron was different, I don't know what it was.

Our first unit in health was relationships, Mr. Boom talked to us about healthy and unhealthy relationships. He also talked about abusive relationships. I could see Aaron start to tear up, then all of a sudden, Aaron got up and ran out of the room.

I got up and followed him out of class. I found him in the guy's bathroom crying. I told him to open this door and I asked him what was wrong. The lock clicked and the door came open. He hugged me and said, I'm sorry about my attitude during the last two weeks.

He told me that his step dad has been getting drunk at night, and then beats him up for the stupidest things. He rolled up his sleeves and I could see all the cigarette burns on his arm.

I told him we should tell someone, but he didn't want to. I told him we must, he shouldn't be doing this to you. He told me I know he shouldn't, but promise me you won't tell. In my mind, I wanted to tell someone, but I knew that I would lose him as a friend, so I agreed not to tell anyone.

After Aaron stopped crying, the bell finally rang and I told him, I have to get to chemistry, but let's talk during lunch. Even though Mr. Ray is an interesting chemistry teacher, I couldn't stop thinking about what Aaron said to me.

Thankfully, chemistry was over in a hurry and when I went to my locker and waited for Aaron, he didn't show. Finally, I heard the bell ring again, lunch has started, so I hurried to the cafeteria.

When I got to the cafeteria I sat down at our table, but Aaron didn't show up. I felt so alone and awkward sitting alone. I went to gym class and changed alone in the locker room.

I was so worried about Aaron, that I asked Mr. Summer our gym teacher, where is Aaron?

Mr. Summer told me that Aaron had an accident.