When In A Couples...

Story Info
A man discovers his girlfriend's deepest secret.
3.4k words
3.58
47.7k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When in a couples courtship... should you share your secrets?

I was meeting with a group of friends one night. We are a mixed lot of folks whom share a love of brewing beer. There are three married couples, all of us range in age from the early thirties to the late 50s with a combined total of 50 years married. There are two, what we would consider younger, couples; one is married for a few years and one couple is dating. As well there are generally 4 or 5 folks along stag. Remember, we have lots of beer.

Our conversations that night became serious when Chris, one of the younger men in our group asked a very serious question. Chris is a 26 year old repair man. More specifically, Chris repairs antique cars. He is one of the best in our city and is possibly the most well off in our group.

"What should I do?" he asked the senior men privately.

"I was over at a good friends home yesterday, we were talking about unique ways to propose." Chris stated.

We all immediately started congratulating him and patting him on the back. Chris raised his hands and loudly said "please let me finish!" He was getting red and very bothered. We got quiet and Bill suggested we all sit down. By now most of our group was gathered around so we moved to the living room. Everyone sat, giving Chris the large easy chair.

"Okay, I was over at my friend Brian's house and we were talking about different ways to propose." Chris restated. "You all know I have been dating Amy for the last year."

None of us wanted to interrupt Chris, but I nodded my head and said "Yes."

"So I thought, since we were pretty good together, both want to be married one day, both want to have kids. I want a house, but do not want to buy one without my brides input..." Chris was rambling now.

All of the women expressed a level of appreciation for Chris's desire to have his wife's' input on house selection.

"Thank you ladies, I was raised properly you know." Chris said.

"Anyway, Yesterday it all crashed and burned." Chris said mournfully.

The group was now raptly listening to our friend.

"So Brian is using Google on his phone. We watched a few you-tube videos of proposals when Brian asks me Amy's full name. He searches her full name and a video link to an adult site pops up. Brian, being the single horn-dog he is, immediately pulls out his credit card and joins the site to see what this is. The screen on his smart phone is too little to see anything, so he hooks it to his flat screen. And there," Chris was beginning to get wound down, "was Amy, sucking off a guy that is in her circle of friends."

"I meet her through a group of friends, they all have been together since high school. All moved to Kansas City after college and hang out all the time." Chris was just telling a painful story now. "I was invited into the group two years ago because a few of the girls live in my apartment complex. Anyway, I meet Amy and we started dating a year ago. I loved her and we have had all of the important discussions, where do you want to live?"

"How many kids do you want?" asked Tina.

"We both wanted two," Chris answered.

"Does she want to be a stay-at-home Mom?" my wife Mary asked.

"She said she did, before they start school." Chris was just firing off the answers.

"We have been to each others parents homes and all get along." Chris said looking around the room at the supportive group. Mary and Tina had gotten up and were on each side of his chair reassuring him.

"So, what should I do?" Chris asked.

Mike answered first, "Chris, did she share that she was on the internet in a porn movie with you?"

"No. I discovered it with Brian yesterday and haven't spoken to her since Thursday morning. "I even dodged one of her friends in the parking lot at our complex. I don't want to talk to her until I have this sorted out in my head." Chris said.

"Was the movie recent." Jill asked.

"It looks like they set up a camera on a tripod in her bedroom, and shot it after high school. The camera doesn't move and her diploma is on the wall," Chris stated flatly.

"How does this make you feel?" Brent asked.

"I feel confused, she acted like a wonton slut in the video and she doesn't act that way when we are together. I guess I am not as good a lover as she wants"

"I feel like a fool, all of her friends must know about this because Amy and Rob are both around all of the time. I am just the last to know."

"I feel hurt that she didn't trust me enough to tell me about this. Probably because they are still lovers." Chris was almost shaking as he said the last bit.

"Chris, I am sure that she wouldn't do that to you," Mary said "You are a great guy."

"Chris, I am sure that young Amy was acting for the camera." Sue added.

"But what should I do?" Chris implored.

"Chris, we are not going to tell you what to do." I said "We respect you as a man too much to pretend we know all of the answers. We are just trying to understand you and fell your pain. But, we also might have some different insights than you. I do have one question though. What will you do when your kids see this video?"

I had the groups rapt attention. But Chris took the spotlight when he began to cry.

"Good Job Dave!" my wife Mary admonished me.

"He is right," Chris said looking up at us through teary eyes. "I would not want my kids to see something like this. They would lose all respect for her just as I have."

Chris left a few minutes later to go home to think. Our group started to go home after the Chris soap opera roller coaster.

Saturday morning Mike and I were brewing when Chris showed up with empty bottles to recycle. He looked good.

"So how did you sleep Chris?" I asked.

"Remarkably well. Once I had a plan, I could sleep like a baby." Chris said.

"So, do you want to share your plan?" I asked.

"I am going to meet her for lunch at 1:00pm and break up with her." Chris stated matter-of-factly.

"Good idea, neutral ground and after the lunch crowd dies down." Mike added.

"Are you going to tell her why?" I asked.

"No, I don't think so. If I tell her why, it will probably be difficult living in my apartment complex with so many of her friends near-by." Chris said.

"Good call," Mike said. "Are you going to stay friends with any of them?"

"I do not see how I could remain friends with people who can keep such secrets from people. I feel like such a sucker." Chris stated.

We brewed beer on Mike's patio until Chris got ready for his last supper.

"Do you want us to drive you Chris" I asked. "we would stay out of the way and get you back here in one piece."

"You would do that for me?" Chris asked.

"Of course we would," Mike said.

So we wrapped everything up and I drove my Minivan with Chris in the passenger seat and Mike in the back. Mike played with the DVD player the entire way to the little Mexican restaurant Chris and Amy had selected. We pulled into the parking lot just as four young women were walking into the restaurant.

"Oh God, there is about half of the girls in Amy's circle of friends!" Chris exclaimed.

"I wonder why she brought them?" Chris asked.

"Chris" Mike and I both said at the same time.

"I do believe you are about to burst a young woman's bubble." Mike said.

"The only reason she brought back up is to show off the ring Chris. She must think you are going to propose." I added.

"Oh crap, what do I do?" Chris asked.

"Since this is a tactical situation I suggest you walk up to her table, if she is alone, and tell her straight up that you need to break-up with her. Her posse is with her to comfort her, so get the hell out and I mean right now. I will keep the van running." I added.

Mike said "I will walk in with you and get the doors on the way out, and run interference if need be."

"If they are all at one table ask her to a private table to spring this on her." I added.

"Okay" Chris said. He swallowed and looked at us to reassure him, and then he opened the door.

Mike opened the sliding door on the van and left it open. They walked inside and were out within 2 minutes. Chris ran to the van and threw himself into the chair. Mike came running out a few seconds later and said "Drive".

They were both out of breath, so I let them calm down before I pestered them for answers.

We arrived back at Mikes and all headed downstairs. Mike's wife Sue joined us. We poured everyone a tall glass of Cream Ale and sat at our round table.

"She was not expecting that". Chris exclaimed.

"Nor were her friends!" Mike added.

So apparently Chris walked in to find Amy at a table facing the door. Her friends were all standing by the restroom door watching. Chris walked up to her table and did not even sit. He just said "I don't want to see you anymore, I do not want to date you anymore, please don't call, Good Bye." and he turned and left. The group by the restroom rushed over to a shocked Amy.

"That is all I saw, leaving in a hurry was a good idea. They might have torn you limb from limb." Mike added.

"What are your plans Chris?" Sue asked.

"I don't have any at all. I was going to ask her to marry me today and take her house hunting." Oh Shit, I should cancel the appointment with the Realtor. Chris pulled his phone out of his pocket. "I don't have any cel reception downstairs, can I use your landline Mike?" Chris asked.

"Of course you can Chris." Sue answered.

"I will bet that Chris will have a few angry phone messages when he gets upstairs and his phone has reception again." Mike said.

"I think he should stay with us for the weekend, don't you?" Sue asked Mike.

"That is a good idea. Dave and I can go pack him a bag at his apartment so he doesn't get whey-laid by her circle of friends" Mike added.

"Chris, you are invited to stay in our guest room this weekend till everything cools down." Sue told Chris.

"Thank you so much." Chris added.

Mike and I knew we were headed into the eye of the hurricane when we approached his apartment. Chris lived in one of those modern complexes where you have to walk around the building to get inside. He lived on the second floor overlooking the pool. The entire circle of Amy's friends were sitting at tables by the pool watching Chris's apartment.

I looked at Mike and said " Go across the pool area and start screaming that some kid is drowning. Once you have their attention, I will slip into his apartment and pack a suitcase. I will be coming out in about 10 minutes, have my van started and ready to go."

The diversion worked, and we were in the van on the way home within 20 minutes.

Chris had been to the guest room when his phone started to announce messages. Amy, Amy's mother, Amy's father and all of her friends wanted to know what was up.

"Should I tell them why?" Chris asked Sue, Mike and I over a porter.

"I believe that your first inclination was best" Sue answered. "Why don't you sleep on it a few days and see how this pans out."

The phone messages continued to pour in. Amy's father had even called Chris's father to ask him what was going on. He even implied that Chris had been leading Amy on fraudulently.

Chris called his parents back and told them the truth: Amy had done something in her past that Chris could not get over, so he felt it best to end the relationship. "We are so sorry for you Chris," Chris's mother said "We all loved Amy but understand that your relationship is yours to build. We will pray for you."

Chris then called Amy's parents. "Mr and Mrs. Smithe. This is Chris. I am so sorry to tell you that Amy and I have broken up."

Mrs. Smithe said "Oh Chris, Amy is so hurt. She called us crying"

Mr. Smithe chimed in "Boy, why did you break our little girls heart?"

"Mr and Mrs. Smithe, I am so sorry about how this has all happened. But my reasons are between Amy and I." Chris respectful answered.

"Chris, is it because of something she did before you two meet?" Mrs. Smithe asked.

"Yes, I am sorry to tell you, it is." Chris answered truthfully.

"Chris, why did you wait until now to break up with her?" Mrs. Smithe asked.

"I am a little surprised to tell you that I just found out about something very troubling in Amy's past on Thursday." Chris answered.

"Oh Chris, Amy told us she had told you about her movie before we meet you." Mrs. Smithe said.

"No, she didn't. A friend of mine pointed out her little film on Thursday. I wish I had heard about it from Amy. That is one of the things that hurts the most. She did not trust me enough to allow me to make up my own mind. She and her friends must have been laughing their heads off at my expense for the last year." Chris explained.

"Oh Chris, no one has laughed at you. We all love you." Mrs Smithe said. "I am sure Amy just was embarrassed. She made this little movie with Rob right after high school. It cost her a full scholarship to the state university. That is why she didn't go to college with the rest of her friends."

" I am sorry how this has all turned out. Please, ask Amy to stop calling me. I am broken hearted about all this, but will not change my mind. Thank you for accepting my call." Chris added respectfully.

"Good bye Chris," Mr. Smithe added "We are sorry that Amy wasn't up front with you."

Chris went to work Monday to discover that one of Amy's friends was waiting for him.

"Wanda, what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" Chris asked.

"Cut the crap Chris" Wanda punctuated by removing her sunglasses, "what does Amy have to do to make this right?"

"Wanda, Amy and I have broken up. I will not discuss this with you, or any one else." Chris ended the conversation by entering his shop and locking the door behind him.

Wanda glared at him and them left.

Monday afternoon, a very tired Chris drove to his apartment to find Amy on his front step. He looked at her sad face, opened the door and let her in. He made tea and placed the milk and sugar she used on the table. He then sat down opposite her and waited for her to talk.

"Chris, I am so sorry for not telling you about the video. None of my friends ever laughed at you for not knowing. Quite the opposite. They implored me to tell you about it from the get-go. Rob even said I should have told you on the first date, and no! We have never been together since right after high school." Amy looked at Chris with hope filled eyes. "You are such a great guy and I am embarrassed that I made a porno when I was 18. I thought that if you knew, you would break up with me."

"Amy, I care deeply about you, but...every memory I have of you is now covered with doubt." Chris said in a very calm voice. "If what you say is true. That you thought I would break up with you because you made a porno. That is compounded, by not just talking to me. Fear is not something to base a relationship on. You are right, I might have never dated you if I knew about this. On the other-hand I might have thought it was cool. Or, I might have helped you get it off the internet. But, we will never know. I found out about it on my own, which means, I have dealt with it on my own."

"Amy, people have sex all the time. People who want a relationship respect each other enough to not keep secrets that affect the other person. What would you have done, if we had been married for a few years, and Rob decided to blackmail you? What would you have done to keep me in the dark?" Chris looked at Amy.

"I don't know, but Rob isn't that sort of guy", Amy retorted.

"I am glad you trust Rob with our relationship, more than you trusted me." Chris added.

"Can we be friends Chris?" Amy asked with a sad little smile.

"Amy, I cannot see me getting over this. Please, tell the next guy up-front about your movie. If he likes you enough he can get past it. If he doesn't, then you two can be friends." Chris stated.

" I don't even want to be friends with your friends Amy, I cannot trust any of you. Now, please leave me alone." With that Chris pushed his chair back and opened the door. Amy walked out into the sunshine and left.

"So the question is, when in a relationship do you share your secrets?" Mike asked.

Sue answered "It depends on the secret. I like to shop at garage sales, when would that affect my relationship?"

"No, you LOVE to shop at garage sales, and everyone who meets you knows it because of your sense of personal style and your ability to make a deal." Mike retorted to much laughter.

"He is right Sue, I knew you loved to garage sale the first time I meet you" Dave laughed.

"Oh sure, but you meet me with a car full of great stuff." Sue laughed right along with everyone.

"I think the secrets we are talking about are the secrets you should tell someone because it can negatively or positively affect the relationship." I clarified.

"You mean like if you are dating someone else when you meet them?" Bonnie asked.

"Or if you have some disease?" Sue asked.

"Or if you are very fertile?" Mary fired off at Bob.

Once everyone quite laughing. We all agreed. If you have a secret, that can affect the relationship, the more it affects it, the earlier it should be shared.

"I truly believe, that before other parties, significant parties are involved, secrets should be shared." Rebecca said.

"I had two children when I meet Rebecca," David said. She knew I had kids and did not want any more before she meet them or my parents."

"I was dating someone else when I meet Bob" Carol stated "I told him on the first date."

"Lucky for us, you broke it off with him before our second date." Bob laughed.

"You are the better man." Carol agreed.

"So how is Chris?" Bonnie asked the group.

"Mike and I helped him move to a small 'starter' house. He was sick of paying rent. He was also sick of Amy's friends constantly telling him what a loser he was for dumping her." David stated.

"I know that he has dated that cute teacher he meet at our last monthly brew meeting." Mike added.

"He will be here to brew tomorrow won't he?" Sue asked.

"He said he was bringing the chips and his salsa." Carol added.