When You Know Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
laf199
laf199
201 Followers

Everyone cheered happily and offered their hugs and congratulations. This unlikely family was together as it had never been before, and all were thankful for that.

"So do you two have a name for my granddaughter?" Ken asked.

"We do," Joe answered. "Her name's Olivia Caroline, after her two grandmothers. Olivia Caroline Mullen Chambers."

Naming the baby after Joe's mom was all Vicky's idea; in fact she was adamant about it. Joe needed some time to convince her to offer that olive branch to her own mother; but he felt it was the right thing to do and she finally agreed.

"That's a beautiful name," Ken replied through tears.

"It really is, thank you," Caroline said softly, reaching out to Joe. She was touched, and a little shocked, at the kind gesture of her daughter and son-in-law. She truly felt she didn't deserve it, but it made her more determined not to let that little girl down.

"Give us a little while, I'll let you know when you can see Olivia in the nursery," Joe said beaming.

"Take all the time you need," Henry answered. "She's your daughter after all. We can wait some more while you two bond with her."

Joe made his way back to the room. Vicky was holding Olivia to her chest, a content smile on her face as she lovingly rubbed her newborn's daughter head.

"How's it feel, Mommy?" he excitedly asked.

"Wonderful, like nothing I've felt," she gushed. "She's perfect Joe, perfect. She has your big brown eyes, baby; your mother's eyes."

"She has your nose," he replied. "She's gonna be a heart breaker, like her mother."

"Let's hope not," she laughed. "I want her to be a good girl."

"She will be," he assured her. "She's got the best mother in the world to teach her the way."

"She's got the best Daddy too," Vicky said through tears. "She'll have the best of the Mullens' and the Chambers'. We'll both make sure of it."

Joe held his wife's hand as they both looked at Olivia with wonder before the nurses took her to get washed up. Two years ago, neither of them knew just what twists and turns life had in store for them when Vicky walked into that bar and locked eyes with Joe.

But they wouldn't change a thing; they were happy that the universe, whoever was in charge, saw fit to bring them together. They had a lifetime to live now, with little Olivia and their slightly crazy, but hopefully growing family.

laf199
laf199
201 Followers