Where Nobody Knows My Name

Story Info
After three years, best friends reunite in more than one way.
1.8k words
4.04
28.7k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ann sat cross-legged under the huge oak tree in her backyard. Her white sweater hugged her in the cool autumn air. The guitar sitting in her lap strummed lazily as her mind drifted back to three years ago, on this day - her birthday.

It had been a day of joy, and a day of sorrow; a day of togetherness, and yet a day of departure. On her eighteenth birthday, her grandmother - the dearest person to Ann's very soul - had passed away. In response, she also had left, but she told no one where she was going.

For about a year, she had travelled here and there, taking work in convenience stores and such, working her way South. A few of her summers she had spent with an aunt in Texas, and Ann loved the people there. She ended up there about a fourth of the way through the second year, and bought a small two-story house on the edge of the town where she had spent her childhood summers.

Apart from a few rude neighbors when she first moved in, Ann had settled in very quickly. It only took a short time for them to accept and adopt her as one of their own, and she was more than happy living here. Occasionally she did think of her family and friends, but she was still ashamed of the way she had left so quickly, and so had never tried to contact them. The memory she missed the most was that of her best friend, Cody. He had been there through thick and thin for her, and she had tried her best to be there for him. It still made her chuckle to herself when she thought of all the times he had come asking her for advice about one of his girlfriends. He wasn't a player though, he had only had two girlfriends in the three years she had known him.

In her heart she believed she had loved him, that she did love him, but when she left like she had, she blew any chance that she would have ever had with him. She strummed down really hard on a wrong chord, startling herself out of her daydream. Standing up, she shook her head. The past is the past.

Brushing the grass and dirt of the backside of her jeans, she patted the trunk of her "thinking tree" before going inside. She had a meeting planned with Jenna at two, and she had to hurry if she was going to make it on time. Setting the guitar gently on it's stand, she jumped the stairs two at a time and ducked into the master bedroom. She wanted to wear something nice because Jenna had said she wanted Ann to meet someone. Ann knew that meant that Jenna had brought yet another family friend - a male family friend - to try to set Ann up on a blind date. Despite the fact that Ann was not on a hunt for a husband, or even a boyfriend, she wanted to look nice when meeting someone new.

Choosing a dark green off-the-shoulder top, denim jeans, and her brown cowboy boots, she grabbed her brown leather purse and took off at a fast walk. She had not bothered to buy a car when she had arrived, preferring to keep in shape this way instead of paying for a gym or pool membership. Besides, she could say hello to more people this way. Finally she reached the cafe, and saw Jenna sitting at their usual table. The two friends hugged in greeting, and Ann looked around. "So where's your friend?" she teased.

"Inside, ordering," Jenna replied. Both of them always got the same thing for lunch every Tuesday, so the waitresses knew them by name.

"Well, are you going to give me a little information on what I should be looking out for?" Ann finally asked.

"There's not really much to tell on his personality. Funny, kind, the usual thing. Doesn't have a girlfriend." Jenna wiggled her eyebrows.

"Thanks for the tip, Sherlock," Ann grinned back, shaking her head. "What's his name?"

"Cody. He really seems like your type though, I think you'll like him."

Ann's head snapped up in shock as the name hit her ears. Could it possibly be... No, she sternly told herself. Just don't go there right now. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to clear her mind. Then the cafe door opened.

He looked exactly as she remembered him; the dark hair, lopsided grin, and sparkling blue eyes that had made her fall in love with him those three years ago. He let the door shut behind him and turned to them, and froze, jaw dropping in complete shock. Along with his jaw he also managed to drop the entire tray, but neither he or Ann even heard the clatter.

So slowly she stood up and took a step toward him. "Hello, Cody," she greeted quietly, tears beginning to form in her eyes. The next thing she knew she was caught up in his tearful embrace and they both just stood there, holding each other and letting the tears come.

After a few minutes, a slight cough made them both look up. "So, I take it you two know each other?" Jenna asked, surprised.

*****************************************************************************************

The afternoon was spent at the local dog park, where the two best friends walked and talked for hours, catching up on each other's lives. Neither of them had mentioned the fateful day three years ago, only what had happened since then. More often than not as they walked they held hands or had their arms around the other's waist, as if they stopped touching something for a moment this would all fade away.

Ann showed him all her favorite landmarks, saving her favorite for last. Nearing sunset, she led him into the forest at the end of the dog park, and showed him her favorite little creek, her favorite place here. The evening sunlight glittered off the running water like a thousand diamonds, and sunbeams broke through the tree branches like tiny spotlights, but so much more enchanting. The entire bank beside the creek was soft moss, which felt good as they kicked their shoes off, leaving them against a tree.

Cody walked up behind her and held her in his arms again, and she leaned back into his strong embrace. "I've missed you so much," she whispered.

The strong arms tightened, pulling her closer. "I can't say how much I've missed you," he whispered back, resting his head on the top of hers. She turned slightly to look up at him, not realizing he was going to say something to her, and for just a second their lips touched. Time froze as electrical shocks shot up and down their bodies. Ann broke away first with a soft gasp, and looked at her feet. "Sorry"

Cody lifted her chin up so she would look in his eyes again. Could she not feel what he felt, the sense of belonging that he only knew when he was with her? He leaned in and felt her lips again, this time not accidental, but with need, and love.

It was their first kiss together, and Ann's first kiss with anyone. She had no idea that love could be this strong. Her knees buckled, and her love leaned over her, lowering her gently to the ground. Not a word was spoken as he lay there over her, each staring into the other's eyes with nothing but longing and something that was more, more powerful than any word in any language one could know. He leaned down and placed his lips on her neck, and she bare it for him as he made a love mark on her.

Sliding her shirt up and over her head, for the first time he saw her perfect breasts. Eve herself could not have been more beautiful that this woman below him. He felt his manhood raise even more than it already was. He needed her, more than he had ever needed anyone else. She was his soulmate, and he couldn't leave her again.

She reached up and ran a hand down the side of his face, knowing that she would never want to be with anyone else. Very slowly they pushed each other's jeans down their legs and for the first time today, Ann got a little nervous. "I know, I'll be very gentle," Cody told her. How could he have known?

"I love you, Cody," she whispered up at him as he first entered her. He saw the pain contort her face and thought about pulling out. He had promised himself he would never hurt her; was he breaking that promise now? But before he could pull back, he broke through, and Ann screamed out before muffling her cries in his neck. He didn't move, allowing her to adjust to everything. Soon, to Ann's surprise, the pain was replaced by the most immense pleasure she had ever imagined. "What?" she breathed as she involuntarily bucked her hips up against her lover's.

They made love long into the night, falling asleep on the forest floor, held in each other's arms.

In the morning, Cody woke first, and smiled down into Ann's sleeping face. She woke up it seemed seconds later, at first a little disoriented, but then memories slowly began to come back to her. She blushed bright red in the morning light. Cody leaned forward to whisper, "Ann, I never want to leave you again. Will you marry me?"

Ann looked up with surprised eyes, the happiest she had ever been in her life. "Cody, I wouldn't ever marry anyone but you." she replied as she snuggled up against him. He rolled over on top of her and positioned himself at the entrance of her womanhood. "Are you too sore?" he asked, truly concerned.

"I'm alright," Ann said, suddenly wanting nothing more than to feel him inside her again. He pushed his way so gently, stopping every time he thought there might be pain for her. He was such a caring lover, Ann's heart swelled with pride. She slowly lifted her legs and encircled his hips, raising her head up for a kiss that was at first gentle then quickly turned to steamy passion.

Wedding plans were made, and a week later, Ann's mother got a phone call from her long-lost daughter. Many tears were flowing as mother, daughter, and sister were reunited with each other. The ceremony was a simple one, nothing extremely elegant, but the whole town was invited, and every single person showed up. Cody moved into the house that was big enough for there family, and a few months later Ann had yet another surprise for her wonderful husband.

"Darling," she began as she sat down with him on the living room couch. "We're going to have a baby..."