Whitewash High: Rising Sun Ch. 04

Story Info
Nik's Descent into the Yakuza Continues.
4.5k words
4.57
12.6k
16

Part 4 of the 15 part series

Updated 09/29/2023
Created 03/15/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It still rained all the way to the subway. Nik's phone blew up with texts wondering if he was okay. Their lifestyle became regimented, routine, where any abnormality could be instantly recognized. Nik didn't lie. He just didn't tell the entire story immediately.

"I'll be home soon. Got hurt at work. Try not to worry too much, babe," he texted, sitting in the empty subway car.

Anri didn't kneel at the doorway, nor primped and proper in her traditional kimono, as had been a nightly routine. She looked like a wreck from pacing around the apartment, half dressed in a night gown. Keys rattled, unlocking the apartment. Nik stepped inside, only to be confronted by a worried Anri.

"What happened to you? You're all bruised up. And is that blood!?" she gasped, seeing the blood stains.

"Do you want the good news or the bad news, babe?"

"All the news. What did you do?" she asked, frantic.

She helped him down to the tatami mat, stroking his forehead to help comfort him. Gentle strokes, long and loving. Nik was thankful that her base instinct was to help lick his wounds, rather than break his eardrum with a scolding.

"So, my boss is a yakuza. And I inadvertently stuck my nose in a yakuza turf war."

"We need to go to the cops right away," she said, scared.

"It's okay. I'm a civilian. My boss's sister got kidnapped, and I saved her. I didn't know she was his sister at the time. I couldn't let someone get kidnapped, you know?" he explained, calmly. "I got the shit beat out of me for the trouble, but my boss saved me. Said he owed me a life debt for my efforts. Also said he'd make sure the gang left me alone."

"We need to go to the cops. Tell them what happened. You can't trust them. What if he doesn't keep his word, or the other gang chooses not to listen? We should go right now."

"I'm a foreigner though. What if the cops put me in the slammer instead? Just let me rest, please, Anri."

Anri leaned over and hugged Nik. Tender arms massaged sore, bruised back muscles. Despite her petite frame, the hug gripped tightly, intent on never letting go.

"It'll be okay, Anri. Trust me. I won't do anything to make you worry again like this. You don't want to get wrinkles, do you?" he chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Baka," she muttered. "I don't want you hurt. After lunch we'll go the police, Nik."

"Let's just rest together, okay? I don't want to think about cops or anything. I'm too tired," he said, resting his head on her shoulder.

They sat there, hugging silently until dreamland took over Nik's brain functions. By the time he woke, Anri had already showered, dressed, and had a meal laid out for him. The good homemaker wife, dutiful in all respects.

"Eat up, baby. I don't know how long we'll be at the station."

"I now know what it feels like to wake up after being in a gang fight. Wait, police station?"

"I'm taking you there right after we eat."

"No, absolutely not. If I go to the cops, I'll get busted for moonlighting. They'll fine me until I'm in the poorhouse, and then deport me back west."

"They are the police, hunny. Why would they do that?"

"No, I trust Musashi. He said he'd take care of everything. If I don't go looking for trouble, they won't come after me. I quit the host gig. I'll stick to being a teacher, and keep my head out of the line of fire."

"And hide? We can't live our lives looking over our shoulder," Anri commented.

"We won't. They don't know who I am. I'm just some random foreigner. Even if they know I worked at the club, it is not like Musashi will talk."

Anri sighed, annoyed. She fiddled with her hair, thinking, unsure of what to do.

"Hey, babe, trust me. Don't worry. We'll act like none of this stuff ever happened."

"Baka, I don't want you to get hurt, or die!" she cried.

Tears streaked flushed cheeks. Nik immediately leaned over and hugged her.

"Shhh, don't cry. I know it is scary. I'm scared shitless right now. It sucks. I didn't want any of this to happen."

"Then why did you stop them?"

"Instinct. Wasn't thinking. It felt like the right thing to do."

"You wanted to be a stupid hero."

Anri softly smacked his shoulder with a fist. Tears kept flowing. Nik stroked her hair, kissed it, and tried to comfort her. Funny, considering he was the one beaten up.

"Yeah, you're right. I wanted to be a hero. Seeing you weep for me makes me realize something important," he said. "Heroes die and leave behind the people they love the most."

"What are you trying to say?" Anri asked, sniffling.

"That I love you, Anri. I don't want to lose you. I have someone important to come home to. I don't need to be a hero for anyone but you."

Her face lit up like a Christmas tree. Her heart fluttered. Soft fingers wiped away some of the tears before resting around his neck.

"I love you too, Nik," she admitted, kissing him gently on the lips. "I'm afraid you'll be killed. I don't know what I'd do if I lose you."

"Hey, silly, it'll be okay. Look, they can't be that stupid. People will ask too many questions if a foreigner suddenly disappeared. We finish out the school year and I'll take you back home with me. Or we move to a different city."

Anri nodded, agreeing to the plan.

"Eat before it gets cold. I made it special."

X

A couple weeks later, in an undisclosed location, a group of men sat around a large business table. Seven men, all of various fashion styles. At the head of the table rested an elderly man, greyed but wise, sporting a thin mustache. The oldest of the bunch. Flanking, three a side, the other men were of various ages. Musashi, based on appearances, looked youngest.

The room, brightly lit, was surrounded by ornate and ancient paintings and artwork. A suit of traditional samurai armor stood on display in a corner, housed in a glass case. Two doors, one on both ends, allowed for easy access. A typical conference room in any Fortune 500 company.

"We call this meeting together to seek a resolution in the dispute between the Yamato and Ueno clans," the old man spoke softly. "Normal prods and pokes into allied clan territories have always been allowed to train upcoming clan members and cull the weak from our organization. A responsible way to settle our differences and keep our troops at peak performance in case of a war or incursion from another city's organizations. But it has come to my attention that the bad blood is now involving civilians. Is that correct, Yamato-san?"

"Correct. Ueno men tried to kidnap my sister, who is both a civilian and a third-year high school student. Everyone here knows this," Musashi replied.

"To stoop so low, Ueno-san? We're not Americans. There are rules," a middle-aged man spoke out.

He looked like a salaryman. Generic business suit and haircut. Cookie-cutter. Nothing special, positive or negative, about him.

"I have to agree with Tanahashi-san. There are rules. I can foresee this breaking down into needless and mindless violence if we break the rules of decorum."

This man's hair streaked grey, but his face wore the scars of battle.

"You never whined about the rules when you were kicking Tanahashi's ass, Matsumoto. Rules were made to be broken. He muscled into my territory, setting up operations in Ueno districts. I don't care if they have nothing to do with gambling, it is still my rightful territory. I have every right to force them out and take it back," Ueno spoke out.

He sat directly opposite Musashi. A slinky fellow, with beady eyes, more snake than man.

"Then come for me, coward. Don't come for my civilian family. They are not a part of the organization," Musashi countered.

"Gentlemen, calm down," the leader chided them. "If you want to shed each other's blood, I will not disallow it. I'm concerned about the police cracking down on our operations. Fujita-san."

"Thank you, Takeda-sama. Through my contacts in the police, we've gotten a report of an unsung hero. A foreigner involved himself in the kidnapping, helping stop it. An individual called the police to file a report. Our concern is an international incident. Gaijin involvement in drugs or prostitution is expected and common. International press about a foiled kidnapping is not."

"It is not my fault Yamato chooses to hire gaijin," Ueno spat out.

"He wasn't muscle. He doesn't work for the clan. I hired him as a doorman, nothing more, nothing less," Musashi explained. "You have my word he has nothing to do with my business. Leave him alone and any international press will not get an inkling of a story."

"Yamato-san gave his word," Tanahashi interrupted. "I believe him."

"You would, wouldn't you," Ueno interjected.

"You're short-fused as always, Ueno-san. And your manners have not improved either," another clan leader commented.

He sat cross-armed, leaning back in the chair, as he chomped down on a toothpick. Of all the men there, he had the most stylish look. Silk jacket, silk socks, and even a silk handkerchief sticking out of a pocket. It screamed money.

"You get your own legitimate clan but you're still thinking like a street level tough. Don't see the bigger picture," the man continued.

"The only picture I care about is not losing my turf to an upstart like Yamato, Akechi. Or did the Akechi family suddenly become pals with him?"

"We're as neutral as always. We see the big picture. You live by your ego and it'll be your undoing, mark my words, Ueno-san."

"Bah!" Ueno replied, making a disgruntled hand gesture.

"I move for an end of all civilian hostilities, Takeda-sama. I also make a motion to impose penalties if attacks on civilians occur again," Tanahashi said.

Takeda nodded his head in approval.

"All those in favor?" he asked.

All but Ueno's hand raised.

Against?" Takeda asked.

Ueno raised his hand.

"Five to one in favor. All actions targeting civilians will cease immediately. Any further attempt on another clan's civilian workers or family will be met with expulsion from the Aichi Alliance," Takeda announced.

Takeda stood up, prompting all others but Ueno to stand as well and bow in respect. He walked off, Fujita in tow, leaving the rest in the meeting hall.

"You can wipe the smug look off your face, Yamato. We're not through. The Ueno bow to no one," Ueno angrily spat out.

"You don't need to bow to me, just learn to control your men. You come near my family again, expulsion will be the least of your concerns," Musashi replied.

Ueno walked off in a huff, not bothering to retort at the comment. Tanahashi adjusted his tie, and cleared his throat.

"Takeda-sama won't like you making waves, Yamato-san," he informed.

"I ride the waves Ueno and others create. Bastard thinks he can harm my family, my blood family, he has another thing coming. Slick and bold to try it so soon after a flag of truce meeting."

"You know Fujita-san will follow the leader. I don't know who Ueno can count on for support," Tanahashi commented.

"Outside the Alliance most likely," Akechi answered. "We're not the only game in town, and it'd be best for you all to remember that."

"So what will it take to throw away neutrality, Akechi-san?" Musashi asked.

"More than a pimp can offer," he replied, plainly.

"Cut to the bone. No matter, if he makes a move, I'll counter it. He is a jumped up thug," Musashi pointed out. "Well, chow for now, gentlemen. The meeting worked wonderfully. I'll see you all at the end of the month."

Musashi walked away, waving the air. The three gentlemen remained, left to continue a private meeting about the event that just transpired.

X

"It looks beautiful," Anri beamed, staring up at the Ferris wheel.

"I knew you'd like it. Always wanted to take a spin in it," Nik said, holding her hand tightly.

He still looked beat up, but the swelling subsided enough to walk the streets without as many stares. The wheel was attached to the side of a department building in the city's major shopping district. It could be seen from blocks away, an easy landmark to guide tourists with.

Although not in Tokyo, a city with a large segment of foreigners and tourists, Nik wouldn't be thought of twice, if not for the battle scars. Even holding a Japanese woman's hand down the streets, few intently stared. People stared, but in that 'hey, there is a couple sticking out of the pack' way, than 'hey, there is a foreigner'. Nik felt the difference.

"You never told me what you said to your school," Anri asked.

"I stretched the truth out."

"Stretched the truth?"

"Yeah, told them I got hurt trying to break-up a soccer brawl that happened during a pickup game. Don't know if they bought it, but the students didn't care. The scars made one of the senior's panties wet," Nik joked.

"Hentai sensei," Anri teased back. "You want me to dress up like a schoolgirl tonight? I still have my uniform. I'll whirl around, panties wet, saying "teacher, you look like a stud. Won't you bang me on my desk after class?"

"I'm trying to take you on a romantic date, and already you want my cock hard. You're insatiable, babe."

Anri snuggled up against Nik's arm, smiling brightly.

"You bring the best out of me. I'll be your hentai student, teacher," she said in a cutesy voice.

The couple paid the thousand yen for the Ferris wheel and stepped inside the small compartment. It ascended slowly into the sky, rising above the city. The skyline filled with lights from the nearby TV tower and shopping district. Nik pulled Anri in close, snuggling together to enjoy the scenic view.

"Thank you," he told her.

"For what?" she replied, confused.

"Not leaving. After the fight, I got worried you'd pack-up and leave me. I'm happy you're still with me."

"Don't be baka, baby. You're a dream. If you're willing to risk your life for a complete stranger, I know you'd protect me."

She ran her milky smooth hand across the wound on his chin, feeling the bumps from the scabs.

"I'd kill to protect you, Anri."

Leaning in, tender lips glanced each other before fully meeting.

"I've got a big photo shoot in a couple days. A big step in my career. Cover of a major magazine."

"That's great. I'll make sure to get a copy for you to sign. I'll frame it," he encouraged her.

"Will you be okay if I had to travel for more opportunities?" she asked, tentatively.

"Like another country? Sure. It is your career, babe. I trust you. I don't need to keep you on a short leash."

"You won't get jealous?"

"What about? Are you going to cheat?"

"No, of course not," she immediately replied.

"Then I've got nothing to be jealous about. Your career, Anri. Make the most of it while you can."

"Thank you, Nik."

She kissed him this time, passionately. Only the sound of the carriage door opening broke the scene up. The couple walked hand-in-hand throughout the department store. They window shopped before getting dinner at a local restaurant. Nothing fancy, just a gyudon. Their table filled with laughter, together chatting long after the meal finished. Few patrons were present, so they took advantage of the situation.

It took thirty minutes to walk home. The subway cut down the time considerably, but they wanted to enjoy the cool breeze the night offered. Their fingers never unhooked, molding together.

"So Yamaguchi showed me a poem he wrote. I think he has talent. Listening to him talk, and reading that poem, he definitely has a unique perspective on the world. A man lost in time," Nik explained.

The park laid dormant except for the occasional jogger on the track. Each step drowned out by the rustling of leaves.

"He sounds like a good man. Wonder why he isn't married?" Anri asked.

"Ask the women he met. Couldn't tell you."

Large trees overcast the path, providing shade from illumination. Just enough light to see, but enough shadows to make the stroll cozy and serene.

On a bench, a hundred or so yards in front of them, a couple punks sat around drinking. Their vulgarity and laughter broke the stroll's mood. Nik kept talking anyways, trying not to let their volume ruin a perfect night.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing. They are making rude comments about us," she answered, hearing their conversation more clearly with each forward step. "Just ignore them."

"Plan on it."

One of the punks stood up, blocking their path, taking a swig from an open bottle of liquor. Nik didn't understand what the man said, but figured from the tone it wasn't anything nice. Still, he didn't want to get into another incident. They switched directions. But changing directions only led the punk to shift spots.

"Hey man, just leave us be, okay?" Nik said sternly, not letting go of Anri's hand.

A loud smash diverted their attention to the duo sitting on the bench. One cracked open a bottle, holding up the jagged remains.

"Let's go, Nik," Anri whispered, pulling them in another direction.

Nik nodded, letting Anri lead. The punks followed along, laughing and shouting, carefree. Every half dozen steps, Nik snuck peeks behind. The trio followed, drinking.

"What are they saying?"

"They don't like you, and what they said about me is best left unsaid," Anri answered.

"We'll take a shortcut..."

Nik got cut off. The beer bottle punk ran ahead, swinging around the weapon aggressively. He made a money motion, pointing to their pockets. Pride comes before the fall. Nik knew enough not to pick a fight with an armed opponent, and obeyed the punk. Someone else might let their ego get the best of them and try to play superhero. Slowly, he took out the wallet, extending it toward the robber.

Money wasn't the only thing the group wanted. While she was focused on the robber, the others grabbed ahold of Anri, hand over her mouth to silence any screams. Beer Bottle made a lewd action, signing to Nik of events to come. Anri tried to kick out, thrashing wildly. The would-be rapists held no weapons. Fire awoke in Nik's eyes. Inside of him snapped.

The foreigner rushed Beer Bottle, who got caught off-guard by the sudden resistance. A hard hook to the jaw knocked the robber over like a ton of bricks. The rage that pierced the sound barrier unnerved the two would-be rapists. One second. All the time it took for them to turn tail. Liquor courage.

But Nik didn't stop. Mounting the robber, fists rained down in torrents. Hard and unending. Anri stood there, motionless, in shock. Blood splattered the ground, knuckles, clothing. So much gushed out, it lathered the men like a coat of paint.

"Fuck you! Stupid piece of shit! No one touches her! Ever!" Nik screamed out, beating the man into oblivion.

It felt like an eternity, but the assault lasted only thirty seconds. Picking up his fallen wallet, Nik spat on the man for good measure.

"Come on, let's go, Anri," Nik commanded.

He took her hand and led them off, leaving the robber unconscious, and leaking blood from every opening on his face.

Silence cloaked the entire walk home. Late night, no one about, they made it to Nik's apartment without incident. Inside, Anri finally broke out of her stunned stupor.

"You killed him!" she half-screamed. "You killed him!"

"I made him wish he died," Nik retorted, still angry.

"Why?"

"No one touches you," Nik replied.

Immediately, he stripped. Clothes dumped in the washer, he headed to the washroom to clean up but continued talking.

"You're mine, Anri. I'm not going to let some piece of trash punk hurt you."

"You could have been killed!"

"Dammit, I know that. But what could I do? Let them rape you?"

The sink ran red, stained from blood. Anri saw it, half-weeping. Never in her life had she been nearly raped. Seeing the man she love beat another unconscious added an extra level of intensity.

12