Who Can See the Wind?

Story Info
Nyssa is swept away.
4.2k words
4.29
16k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KarennaC
KarennaC
616 Followers

It was a calm spring day. Not a breath of wind blew. Except around Nyssa.

Nyssa hurried up the street, her long, curly, brown hair ruffled by a breeze that seemed to touch only her. She was running late for work, and she couldn't afford to be late again. Her manager had already told her she was on probation. But how was it Nyssa's fault if her car wouldn't start three days out of every five?

The wind stroked her hair. It escaped Nyssa's notice that no one else's hair was moving, that none of the leaves on the sickly trees sticking through the sidewalk stirred. She was too focused on getting to work on time, and was too used to feeling wind in her hair and against her skin. It never left her.

From the time Nyssa was a child, she'd loved the wind. Whether a light breeze or a hurricane, she had always wanted to be outside when the wind blew. Her parents had had to force her to stay inside during storms. And it seemed the wind loved Nyssa too, always touching and caressing her. Nyssa had never seen anything odd about it; she took it for granted just as she took air and sunshine.

Only fifty yards now to the office building. Without a break in her steps, Nyssa glanced at her watch. Three minutes. If the elevator cooperated, she would just make it to her office on the tenth floor.

But the brief glance at her watch was her downfall. Nyssa ran headlong into someone who stood still in the middle of the sidewalk. The impact made her drop her purse, which spilled its contents over the sidewalk. Tears of frustration came to her eyes. "Shit!"

The stranger grasped Nyssa's shoulders to steady her. "Are you all right?"

His voice was deep and calm, with an accent Nyssa couldn't place. His skin was tan; his hair and eyes so dark they were almost black. She caught her breath and had to look away; he was too gorgeous to look at for long. The wind around her picked up, brushing her cheeks, helping to calm her. She knelt and began to pick up her belongings. "I'm okay, thanks," she said to the man. "I'm sorry I ran into you. I should have been watching where I was going."

"No harm has been done." The man knelt beside her and handed her some of the items that had scattered. "I am unaccustomed to being in head-on collisions on the sidewalk, but it is made better by the privilege of gazing at you."

What a corny line! Nyssa couldn't help laughing. "Um, thanks, I think." She shoveled the rest of her things back into her purse and made sure the zipper was closed. "I appreciate the help picking up. I really have to get to work now; I'm late."

The man stood and extended his hand to Nyssa. She took it, and he helped her up. "I am sorry you must go so soon," he said. "I would have enjoyed spending time with you."

"I don't generally 'spend time' with someone I've just met," Nyssa replied. "I don't even know your name."

"I am Boreas. And you are?"

"Nyssa." Something about his name struck a chord in her. It was a name she knew, but couldn't place.

"Nyssa, it is my pleasure to meet you," Boreas said. "I understand your concern about strangers, but I would be honored to buy you dinner, or perhaps just coffee, when you have the time."

"Um, I don't know." Nyssa checked her watch again. "Oh, no! I'm really late. Look, Boreas, it was nice meeting you, and thanks for your help, but I really have to go." Without waiting for an answer, she ran. The wind, which had stopped without her awareness while she spoke to Boreas, played through her hair until she entered the building.

Nyssa flew out of the elevator and into her office at nine-twelve exactly, according to her watch. Twelve minutes late. It hadn't seemed to take that long to pick things up and talk to Boreas, but the watch didn't lie. And her manager wasn't pleased. He stood near the office door, arms crossed over his chest, a face like a thundercloud. "Nyssa, haven't we spoken about you being late so much?" he demanded.

"Yes, Mr. Horton. I'm sorry." Nyssa set her purse on her desk. "I ran into someone outside. I mean, literally. I dropped my purse and had to pick everything up. I'm sorry."

"Yes, you are. Come with me."

That wasn't good. Nyssa followed Mr. Horton into his office. He closed the door behind them and gestured to one of the chairs. "Take a seat, Miss Forbes."

Nyssa sat down. "I know I've been late a lot, Mr. Horton. I'm sorry. My car needs work; some mornings it starts and some it doesn't."

"I should be firing you right now." Mr. Horton stood uncomfortably close to her. "Give me one good reason I shouldn't."

"I'm good at my job," Nyssa said. "I do all the paperwork accurately, and the clients with whom I come in contact seem pleased with me. I do everything that's asked of me, and I do it well."

"And you're chronically late." Mr. Horton leaned even closer to her. "So you do everything that's asked, do you?"

"Within reason."

"Then maybe we can come to an agreement. I'll ignore your chronic lateness if you'll do a few favors for me."

"I think not. This is sexual harassment, Mr. Horton."

"I haven't mentioned sex at all, Miss Forbes." Horton put his hand on her thigh. "I haven't said a word that could be considered harassment. If you want to hang onto your job, you might want to think more carefully about what you're saying."

"I don't want this job that badly." Nyssa tried to stand, but Horton was too close to her. "Let me up, please."

"Is that really what you want?" Horton asked.

"Yes. Let me up!"

"If you leave this office now, you lose your job."

"That's fine with me."

"Well, it isn't with me."

Horton forced his mouth against Nyssa's. His hands were on her breasts, her thighs. Nyssa tried to push him away, but he was stronger than she. With his mouth on hers, she couldn't even scream. How far would he go?

Although they were inside, a wind began to blow. Neither Nyssa nor Horton noticed it at first, but the wind grew stronger until it was impossible to ignore. "What the hell?" Horton said.

Nyssa took a deep breath, ready to scream, but he clapped his hand over her mouth. "Don't you dare," he said.

"Let me up!"

The wind blew harder. Papers flew off Horton's desk. "This isn't possible!" Horton's eyes widened in fear. "What's going on?"

"Let her go."

The voice came from nowhere and everywhere. If it had been possible, Nyssa would have sworn it came from the wind itself. It was a calm voice, familiar and comforting though Nyssa couldn't place it. She relaxed, suddenly unafraid of what Horton might do to her.

Horton, on the other hand, seemed terrified. He stood and backed slowly away from Nyssa. "Who- who's there?" he asked, voice shaking.

No answer came, only a strong gust of wind that nearly knocked Horton off his feet. Taking advantage of it, Nyssa stood and hurried for the door. Horton tried to grab her, but another gust of wind pushed him back. "You're fired!" Horton howled above the wind.

"I quit!" Nyssa countered. "And I'll be filing a complaint."

"Try it. They'll never believe you."

"Go," the wind said quietly.

Nyssa swallowed her retort to Horton and ran out the door. On the way past her desk, she grabbed her purse, and kept on going right out of the office, ignoring the stares of her coworkers. Former coworkers. It didn't matter how much she needed the money; she was done working here.

The elevator had returned to the first floor. Rather than waiting for it and taking the chance that Horton might come after her, Nyssa decided to take the stairs. She hurried down the flights as fast as she safely could, and finally made it out of the building. As soon as she stepped outside, a soft wind caressed her face and hair. And she saw Boreas.

He spotted her at the same moment and came over to her. "I thought you had to work?" he said.

"I'm no longer employed," Nyssa replied.

"That is unfortunate. Was it because you were late?"

"No." Nyssa swallowed hard, hoping that the tears that threatened wouldn't actually fall. "I quit. My manager... Let's say he had a way I could keep my job, but I wasn't in agreement with it."

"I am sorry to hear that." Boreas studied her, his dark eyes full of compassion. "I would say it was a difficult situation for you."

"Very difficult." Despite her best efforts, tears came to Nyssa's eyes. "I- I wasn't sure what he was going to do. If it wasn't for..."

She trailed off. She couldn't tell Boreas about the wind. There was no explanation for wind that suddenly started blowing inside an office. He would think she was insane. If he didn't already think she was nuts for talking like this to a complete stranger.

"If it wasn't for what?" Boreas asked.

"Never mind. It's hard to explain." Nyssa sniffled. "Sorry. I don't mean to dump my problems onto you. I'm sure you don't want to hear it."

"I do not mind," Boreas said. "In fact, if you'd like, we could continue the conversation over coffee."

"Still trying to get a date with me?"

"Not at all, though it would be pleasant to have a date with you. However, it appears that you could use a friendly ear, and I would be pleased to be that for you."

Going for coffee with this gorgeous stranger would definitely be better than going back to her studio apartment and crying over her lost job for the rest of the morning. "I'd like that. Thank you."

As they walked down the street, Boreas offered Nyssa his arm. She hesitated only a second before taking it. The wind that always was with Nyssa stopped as soon as she touched him, but she barely noticed.

When they reached the coffee shop, Boreas held the door for Nyssa. "Thank you, kind sir," she teased.

He didn't seem to realize she was joking. "You're welcome. Shall we sit in the back, so we aren't disturbed while you tell me what happened?"

Nyssa was still uncertain that she wanted to tell Boreas about Horton, but she nodded. "That would be good."

"Go ahead and choose a table. I will order our drinks."

Nyssa sat at a small corner table. Boreas joined her a moment later. "I ordered a soy mocha for you," he said. "I hope that's all right."

"That's perfect." It was her favorite drink, one she rarely allowed herself because of the cost. How could Boreas have known? "How much is it?"

"No charge to you," Boreas replied. "I paid. After all, I did ask you out for coffee, correct?"

"Correct."

"Then why would I expect you to pay?" He looked toward the counter. "Our drinks are ready. I'll be back in a moment."

When Boreas returned with the drinks, he moved his chair around the table, closer to Nyssa. "You are a beautiful woman," he said.

"Um, thanks." Nyssa fidgeted with her cup, unsure how to respond to the compliment. Unsure of Boreas's reason for giving it.

"I apologize if my saying so makes you uncomfortable, but I felt the need to make the comment. So tell me, Nyssa, what upset you at work? What made you leave your job?"

"It's a long story." Nyssa took a sip of her mocha. "I'm sure you don't really want to hear it."

"But I do. If it was that upsetting, you should speak about it."

"It's a long story. My boss... My boss was waiting when I came in. I've been late a lot, and he was going to fire me, I think." Nyssa brushed at her eyes with the back of one hand. "But instead he took me into his office and tried to- I think it's a good thing I got out when I did. He wasn't going to let me go." She felt the tears begin to fall and looked away from Boreas, embarrassed. "He wouldn't even let me up. And then..."

"Then what?" Boreas asked.

"It sounds nuts." Nyssa fiddled with her straw. "We were inside. It wasn't even possible."

"What happened, Nyssa? It sounds as though you were in danger. How did you get away?"

"It got windy." With her napkin, Nyssa wiped away the tears that had streaked her cheeks. "I don't know how, when we were inside a building and the windows were closed, but it got windy. So windy it almost knocked him over. That's how I managed to get out. I can't go back there, though. I'll have to find another job. So do you think I'm nuts?"

"Why would I? It sounds like a frightening experience."

"It was, until the wind came. I wasn't scared when it got windy. But that's what I mean; it sounds crazy that there could have been wind indoors."

"Not to me." Boreas waved his hand, and a light breeze brushed Nyssa's hair away from her face. "Is that the sort of thing you mean?"

Nyssa stared. "How- how did you...?"

"That will be my secret a bit longer." Boreas took a drink of his coffee. "But as you can see, there's no need to fear that I'll think you crazy. Wind is possible anywhere air exists. Does it frighten you?"

The wind didn't, but Nyssa wasn't sure about Boreas. He'd made wind blow. How? What was he?

"Nyssa." Boreas's voice was deep and calm. "There is nothing to fear from me. I would never harm you in any way. It is difficult not to be frightened of something one does not understand, but there is no need to be afraid."

"If you don't want me to be afraid, help me understand." Nyssa looked into his dark eyes. Her experience with Horton was almost forgotten. "I want to trust you. I don't know why, but I feel like I already know you. But I don't know anything about you. Tell me."

"I will tell you anything you want to know. That is, after all, why we're here, correct?"

"We're here because you found me crying on the street."

He smiled. "You were not crying. Though after what you went through, it would be understandable if you did. I asked you to have coffee with me when we first met this morning because I wanted to learn more about you, and I thought perhaps you would want to learn more about me. Am I correct?"

"Yes. I want... I want to learn everything about you." Nyssa couldn't believe she'd said that. She'd just met this man! But something about him was hypnotizing. His eyes, his voice...

Nyssa shook her head. What was wrong with her? "Sorry," she said. "I mean, I don't usually say things like that."

"There is no need to be sorry. I want to learn about you as well. When we finish our coffee, perhaps we could find somewhere else to talk? Your choice; I wouldn't want you to feel pressured to spend time with me."

Nyssa didn't feel at all pressured. She couldn't understand why she wanted so much to be with Boreas; it wasn't like her to react so strongly to a man she'd just met. She barely reacted to any man anymore. In her life, there was no time for romance, or even for quick dates. She spent most of her time working, and what was left over, she spent alone.

But Boreas made her want to make time for other things. For the things she'd been denying herself. "We can go anywhere you like," she said. "I'd invite you to my place, but it's kind of a mess."

"Would you trust me if we were alone?"

Would she? More importantly, would she be able to trust herself? The thought of being alone with Boreas brought moisture to her pussy. She might have just met him, but a corner of her mind was already thinking about what they might do together if they went to her place or his. Another corner was horrified that she would think such things.

She smiled at Boreas. "I trust you."

"Then we can go to your place if you're willing. Mess is no bother to me."

Nyssa was disappointed. She'd wanted to see what kind of home a man like Boreas had. Was he well-off? Apparently he didn't work, at least not during the day. His home would show her more about him. But she didn't want to seem pushy. "All right."

Instead of finishing their coffees, they took them with them. "It's a bit of a walk," Nyssa said as they left the shop. "I would drive, but my car isn't doing too well lately. That's why I was late for work this morning."

"It is a pleasant day for a walk."

"Yes, it is."

They strolled along the sidewalk toward Nyssa's apartment. After they finished their drinks and threw away the empty cups, Boreas took Nyssa's hand. At his touch, she was sure she felt a puff of wind. And a rush of attraction.

They reached Nyssa's building and she keyed in the security code. Boreas held the door for Nyssa as they went inside. Her apartment was the first door, which she opened to reveal the cramped single room she'd called home for the past few months. "It's messy," she repeated apologetically.

"So you stated, but it doesn't appear so to me." Boreas sat in the lone chair. "You said you wanted to know more about me. What do you wish to know?"

"A lot of things. I don't know where to start."

"Begin anywhere you wish. We have all the time we need; I have nowhere that I must be."

"Why not?"

"Because I have commitments only to myself. I come and go as I please. No family, no employment, no other person with claims on me or my time."

"It sounds lonely." Not that Nysssa had anyone in her life either. She'd broken ties with her family when she'd left home, and had never dated anyone for more than a few weeks. But she'd at least had her job as a source of human contact, and the occasional dates she'd been on when she'd first moved to the city.

"At times, it is," Boreas said. "But it is the choice I made. I speak at times to my siblings and parents, but otherwise, it suits me to be alone."

"I don't even talk to my parents or my sisters," Nyssa said.

"Then it sounds like you are the lonely one. Come here, Nyssa."

She went closer to him. He stood and pulled her into his arms. "You are a beautiful woman, Nyssa," he said softly. "You shouldn't be lonely. Let me be with you."

"I don't even know you," Nyssa protested. "I don't know where you're from, or why you're here. I don't even know your last name!"

"I do not have one, and I am from far away. I am here seeking something I have missed for a long while." Boreas gently pressed his lips against hers. "Nyssa, I am very attracted to you. Please. Let me have you today."

She had to be crazy. There was no other explanation for her body's response to Boreas, for the hardening of her nipples, the throbbing between her legs. There was no other explanation for her desire to agree to his proposition. But crazy or not, feeling Boreas's body against hers, Nyssa couldn't imagine turning him down. "Boreas, I..."

"Trust me," he pleaded. "Be with me."

He kissed her again and his tongue persuaded her lips to part. When his hand found her breast, Nyssa tensed, but then relaxed. A light wind began to blow, but Nyssa barely noticed. Every fiber of her being was focused on Boreas's touch.

Boreas's hands moved over Nyssa's body, building her arousal. At the same time, he guided her backward, toward her bed. Although a corner of her mind told her to stop him, Nyssa didn't resist. She wanted this man more than she'd ever wanted anyone in her life. She couldn't understand why, but why didn't matter. All that mattered at that moment was Boreas.

Nyssa's legs bumped the edge of the bed and she fell backward. Boreas fell with her, still holding her. He broke the kiss and asked, "Are you all right?"

"Who are you?" Nyssa asked yet again. "What are you doing to me?"

"I am Boreas, and I am making love to you. I want to see you, Nyssa. I want to see how beautiful you are. Will you undress for me?"

She wasn't much to look at, as far as she was concerned, but she wanted Boreas to see her. Wanted to feel his bare skin against hers. "Only if you undress for me."

"Of course. That was the intent."

Quickly, they stripped out of their clothes. At her first sight of Boreas's nude body, Nyssa caught her breath. He had the body of a god. Chiseled chest, muscular arms. A long, thick cock standing proud. "You're gorgeous!" she exclaimed.

"As are you." Boreas kissed each of her nipples. "I want you, my Nyssa. May I love you?"

"Oh, yes!"

Boreas covered her body with his own and placed his cockhead against her pussy. He was so large, and it had been so long since Nyssa had had anyone inside her, that she expected discomfort, but none came as Boreas slowly entered her. She stretched to accept him as though she was made for him.

KarennaC
KarennaC
616 Followers
12