Who Done It?

Story Info
Another Det. Lance Jackson story.
11.3k words
3.76
56.1k
13
33
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jakewho69
jakewho69
386 Followers

Edit by WillyB

Another wimp story you may want to skip it if you don't enjoy them.

It was Sunday when they woke me up. They say I woke up a few times earlier that day and then I went back to sleep. Well this time I was awake and could remember things a little. A Doctor John Chann and a nurse Donna were talking to me. Dr. Chann explains that they had me in an induced coma since Wednesday because my brain had swelled up and they had to remove part of my scull to make room for the swelling or I would have died.

Dr. Chann explained to me that I had been shot in the shoulder at my house. He told me that I fell as I was just picking up one of my kids off the couch. When I fell the child landed on the couch as I dropped her. It seems that the momentum carried me up over the top of the couch and I hit my head on oak table behind the couch. The kids called 911 and saved my life.

He said the head injury was the worst of it. The bullet had gone straight though my shoulder and hit nothing vital. It did hit a vein and I bled a lot but it was taken care of in the hospital. The main thing was the swelling of the brain. He said it all looked good now and he could put my scull back by Tuesday. He said I would be as good as new in a month or two.

My kids and wife came in and held my hand while hugging me. I don't remember if we talked or not as I fell back asleep. I woke up every two hours or so when the nurse checked on me. She would give me more pain medicine as my head was pounding and I also wanted to scratch the head. I soon found out that they had my hands tied down so I could not scratch or touch the head.

At four in the morning my neighbor Mac had stopped in to see me. He lived across the street from me. He was a technician and ran different tests on patients at night. He worked the eleven to seven AM shifts at the hospital during the weekdays.

He told me he heard the fire truck going to my house and he ran over when he saw my daughter Tracy signaling in the road for the fire rescue team. He found me in the basement with blood all around me. My head was bleeding like a stuffed pig from the two falls. One was I hit the table and the other when I hit the floor with my head. Blood was all over my body so they scooped me up, rushing me off to the hospital in there rescues truck.

Mac said in a matter of seconds when he was in the basement the place was filled with fire rescue men. They were all over the place working on me and checking the kids. The kids had so much blood on them from hugging me rescue all thought the kids were hurt but soon found out they were ok.

He told me my wife passed the rescue truck going the other way and they had to explain it to her that I had fallen. Mac's wife Mary stayed with the kids while my wife Jane drove up to the hospital to check on me.

At the hospital is when Jane found out that I been shot. She was surprised when the doctor told her. No one knew about me getting shot at the house. The fireman all thought the blood on my shirt came from my head wound. The only thing she knew was that I fell and hit my head. It was a matter of minutes a cop was talking to her asking question. She told them she didn't know anything, as she was not there, she had gone shopping.

Mac said the cops came back and roped off the house as a crime scene. He told me they had a big truck that said crime scene on it. Cops went all thought the neighborhood till three in the morning and then they all came back at nine the next morning doing the same thing all over again.

Well when Mac left I started to remember a little. Jane left to go shopping and the kids went down to the basement game room to watch TV. We have a nice den or game room in the basement. It is a walk out basement with an 8-foot opening that has a sliding glass door on it. It also has a screen door on it, which I had, open seeing it was warm out.

I was watching TV with the kids and then I told them they had to go to bed. They both pretended to be fast asleep so I reached down to pick Tracy up and I guess that's all I remember. I guess that is when I was shot and dropped her. I continued to fall and hit my head on the oak dinning table. As I bounced back I fell on the floor hitting the back of my head.

Monday a Detective Lance Jackson came into my room wanting to ask me questions. The doctor asked him if he could come back Wednesday as tomorrow they was putting my skull back on and Wednesday I would feel better and be more alert. He told him I would be released sometime Friday.

When Jane came up to the hospital I told her about Det. Lance Jackson and she told me she has talked to him already a few times. He wanted to know whom I think shot you and who had it in for you. She had told him she knew of no one who was an enemy of mine. She told him it could be just a drive bye. Lance told her a drive bye is at the front of the house. Not in a back yard. No he said who ever did this wanted him dead which scared her.

Well I never got a chance to talk to Det. Lance Jackson while I was in the hospital. A patrolman was shot and I guess everyone was out looking for him. I got my skull back and they discharged me Friday with a helmet like the hockey players wear in case I should fall. I felt weak but by Monday I had most of my strength back

Monday I was home alone as the wife went back to work and the kids where in school. I was looking at the hole in the screen door where the bullet came through. I was trying to figure where the guy shot me from when I heard the doorbell.

I had my 40-cal glock in the small of my back as I looked out the window and saw LT. Lance Jackson standing on my porch. I open the door and invited him in. He apologized for not seeing me sooner but he was tied up with the officer shooting. We sat and had coffee together.

"So how you coming on the case?" I asked.

"Not to good. Fire rescuer kind of screwed our crime scene up on us."

"Maybe that's not to good for you, but they saved my life."

"Oh yes that's what they are good at. But I think one of them carried off my bullet on me. Probably got stuck on his boots and who knows where it is today."

"Do you know where they shot from."

"We know about where he did shoot from, well within a few feet but not what kind of weapon it was and we didn't find a shell casing out there either."

"Well then it's a revolver, isn't it."

"Well it could be a rife or automatic and they picked up casing."

"Any leads on who it could be."

"Well not so far. That why I wanted to talk to you. Your wife Jane can't come up with anyone that would have reason to kill you."

"Well I don't think I can either."

"Anything going on at work. Any trouble with anyone there. Even if you think it is small, give it to me let me figure out what is small and unimportant that's my job."

"Nothing going on at work not even small things. Been working by myself getting a project ready for a company. I'm not in competition for a job with anyone else. I just do my job and leave. I don't hang with them except every now and then we all go for a beer about once a month. We were going that Friday. No one is stealing at work that I know of and there is no way I would know anyway. I could give you names of people from work but I know it wouldn't do you any good."

"No your wife gave me the names from work and I already talked to some them. What about friends you go out with or drink and party with. Here is a list of friends your wife gave me is anyone missing from the list or anyone we could add."

"Yes a couple name are off the list. Joe and Eddie Black and Tom and Jane Pike. Can't figure how she left them off. Makes me wonder."

"Anyone else?"

"No that's it."

"No she didn't leave them off. I took them off her list; I wanted to see if you would add them. Just checking up on you."

"Well good I just couldn't figure how she slipped up on them."

"Well how you and Jane doing. How long you two have been married? Either of you cheat on the other. You know cops always check the wife on things like this."

"We been married fourteen years in the fall. No, neither of us cheated on the other. Well you know how a wife and husband have a fight every now and then last for a week or a month."

"No I don't, I'm not married tell me about it."

"Well you fight with you wife over something but after a awhile you just make up. You don't talk to each other except to pass the salt or what's for supper. Neither one of you know how it started or what it was about you just know you were mad and you aren't going to give in first."

"Don't sound like much fun to me."

"Well it happens in all marriages."

"Ok I'll take your word for it. So how long has this one been going on for."

"Well three more days and it will be months I think."

"Wow a months with no sex. No wonder why I don't get married. You sure neither one of you been cheating on the other."

"I haven't."

"But you not sure about her."

"No I didn't say that. Her time is always accounted for. No overtime no weekend work. Nothing."

"She ever go out by herself?"

"No, well she goes out once in awhile with her girl friends."

"Yes she told me and gave me a list of her girl friends. Here is the list is anyone missing form it."

"Wow ten names. Yes two names missing I think she mention they went with her. Jane Adams and Betty White."

"Guess that's me always checking on people."

"She got any old boy friends that live around here or near by. Or you know any guy she has been playing up to since you two have been mad at each other."

"Well she has been playing up to all of them since we been mad at each other. She is trying to piss me off and I do the same thing with the other women but I don't think it is someone on the list. Your welcome to check but I think you will be wasting your time."

"What time they go out and what days she go out?"

"They only go on Thursdays nights. They say its lady night's night so it's free drinks at one place and lady's night is half price at the other place. But what I hear the guys buy the drinks anyway. She said if they stay together as a group they are safe and she said they never spilt up. They go after seven or seven thirty and come home around midnight."

Det Lance finished his notes in his book and left. I made myself lunch when I heard the doorbell ring. I reached for my gun again as I looked out the window again. It was a guy from the store where we bought a new rug and couch for the basement. I told them to carry it around the house to the basement.

They took the old rug and couch out. The couch and rug had all kinds of blood on it so we had to throw it out. Then they brought the new ones around and set them up for me. After they left I looked at the screen door with the hole in it. I then checked the mark the cops had cir5rcled where they think the bullet hit.

I sat on the couch looking out the back window wondering where the sniper was standing when he shot me. Lance had told me about where he thought he was standing but I guess he could have been just about any place in the yard.

My back yard was 100 feet long and a 100 feet wide. So was my neighbor back yard. There also was a strip of 50 feet that the town owns as a right away for the sewer lines. So from house to his house was over 250 feet. Almost a football field between us.

As I sat there I was thinking I haven't seen Johnny who was 15 and lives with his grandma as his parents are split and neither one wanted him. He has been with the grandma for over five years. Him and his friend Jerry who is 13 are always playing in the backyard. You could always tell what sport season it was by what type of game they played in the back yard. Well at least there was enough room where they couldn't break any windows. Now that I though of it I haven't seen either of them since I came home from the hospital which was unusual.

Tuesday right after the wife left the phone rang. It was Jane Black from my work and she laid right into me.

"What the hell did you tell that Detective. He interview all of us in the office about you."

"I didn't say anything about anyone in the office. He asked me who would want me dead and I told him no one from the office would. That's all I told him about anyone there. Why what happen?"

"Well when he interview me I cried thinking of what you and your kids had to go through. He only talked to me a few minutes and I couldn't go on."

"I don't know maybe when you cried he though you had feeling for me. I don't know what to tell you. Why what is happing anyway."

"Well he has been checking all my friends hinting that I got feeling for you and may be carrying on affair with you. He thinks maybe Jack my husband did it to you I think or that I did it."

"Gee I'm sorry Jane to bring you and Jack into it but there is no way I led him to you. I'll try to talk to him but that might just lead him to think I have something to hide."

"I know I'm just to emotional I guess. That what everyone is telling me. Everyone here told him he is way off base and there is nothing there so I guess I'm starting to believe them. I'm also starting to feel better."

After I got off the phone with her and had some coffee I was thinking that Det Lance sure was a pit bull when it came to investigation. Seems when he checked something he bit in and wouldn't let go. I had to laugh. When something happens to a mate they always go after the other mate. LOL well watch out Jane here comes Det Lance to bite you in the ass.

As I sat there thinking what he would check on to see if the wife had anything to do about it. Hell she was out shopping and I don't think she would be able to shoot that well. As I was to close to the kids she would never take a chance like that. She might hit a kid.

I tried to think who the hell it might be. I got a pencil and paper and listed everyone I knew. I then graded them on who it might be. I graded them on a scale of one to ten. Ten being the killer or attempted killer. When I was just about finished I had sixty people on the list and the highest person I had was a three and I had many like that.

Some of the guys I had on the list that was three's were guys I beat badly at golf and I figure they had it in for me. A couple they were guys I borrowed tools from and lost them or misplaced them. Now I look at the list and it was a waste of time. I tore the list up.

The only one I could come up with that solid was the wife or some one that was banging her and wanting me out of the way so he could move in and have her full time. But then the only time she is away from me is when she goes out is with her girlfriend. I know there is no way the other girls she goes out with would let her fool around. The whole thing was a waste of time but who the hell was it.

Us guys get together once in a while to go to the sport bar to enjoy a big sporting event. We also golf or hunt and fish. That's when the girls decided to go out and enjoy them self once in awhile. Well it was when they had a nude male review is when they went out the first time. They took a cab and came home at two AM and I think all the guys got a little that night.

From then on they would go out and have fun. Us guys did set down a few rules. We told them they could dance with guys but we didn't want any of the guys sitting at their table or bring them home. They would go with the girls and come home in a group with the girls. Also told them we better not get hang up calls or calls from guys, We also told them not to take drinks from the guys unless the waitress bought them over straight from the bar so the guys didn't tamper with the drinks. The women all agreed with our rules so we all where happy.

So that still left me with the wife wanting me out of the way. But I still couldn't believe she had anything to do with it. If it were her she would have me taken out away from the house where the kids would not see it.

It then left me to think it was some guy who like her. Some crazy son-of-a-bitch, that didn't care about the kids. He wanted me out of the way. Was it from her going out at night or someone from her work? Or was it just someone who saw her out shopping or just out on the street. There are a lot of crazy people out there. I tried to think if the Detective took a list of people from her work. I just didn't remember if he did or not.

I wondered if when the girls go out if they mess around or just behave. I could see them dancing with guy and maybe a guy felt them up a little. Maybe even push a dick into their belly. I know she has came home horny sometimes wanting to have sex. Hell I would have to follow them sometime when I felt better.

Friday Det. Lance Jackson came to the house in the afternoon to talk to me. As we sat drinking the coffee Lance started in talking to me.

"Well I talked to the two women that your wife left off the list of women that she goes out with. The first one said she quit going out with them when she saw the way some of the girls were acting. She said to many horny guys were trying to put the make on the different girls and she could see no good was going to come out of it so she just quit going out."

"Wow that surprised me. My wife never said anything happen. She would tell me they just had a good time. She always said they could handle the guys and they were not that much trouble."

: "Well the other wife told me that some of the guys got to horny and would push the old meat a little to hard to her. Once she said her drink tasted funny and she dumped it and got a fresh one. She also said some guys followed them home one night to see where they lived. That is when she made up her mind not to go anymore."

"I guess they are having a little more fun than us husband wants them to have."

"Yes I talked to the bartender and he was hard to get information out of him. He wants to protect his clients and don't want good customers in trouble. He likes the girls to come in, as it is good for business. He told me a few of the girls went out side with guys in the parking lot. He doesn't know what they did outside or if they had sex or just necked or even just talk. He can't keep that good of track of them while he is busy working but he did notice them a few times. They all are grown women so it's their choice as to what they do. He told me he sees lots of fresh rubbers in the parking lot every day."

"Oh my god is one of the women that go outside my wife?"

"Well I took picture of all the women and showed it to the bartender. It seems all of them have gone out side at one time or the other with guys. He picked one of the other girls as the one who goes out the most. I had a guy check on them last night, as they knew what I looked like. He said he saw one of them actually having sex in the back of a car. I can't give you any names, as it's not your business. What I want is the guy who shot at you."

I asked him if they found the bullet or the casing. He told me the sent the CSI team to the fire house to check their boots or to see if it fell off in the truck or in the firehouse. They didn't have any luck finding it.

Well we talked to about a half-hour till the wife was to come home and then he left. I had to tell him the wife wanted to stay home with me last night rather than go out with the girls. Lance told me not to say anything to the wife till after my case was settled. He wanted me to get her to go out next week so he could see if she met a certain guy or was she just friendly with all the guys. He also wanted to know what days she goes shopping so he could follow her.

From what I gather from Lance his strongest lead was my wife. I don't think he himself felt she had anything to do with it but maybe the creep she played up to had something to do with it. I remember him telling me he checked her work out and that was a dead end. That didn't sound good to me as that just about left with just the night she would go out then.

jakewho69
jakewho69
386 Followers