Whose Fault Was It Ch. 02

Story Info
Man and woman come to grips with the situation they created.
9.7k words
4.31
64.3k
13

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 07/06/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mark and Janet are both reaping the consequences.

As Mark sat in the bar talking to Tillie, Janet had the company of her mother. Hilda Lane Emerson was not happy with her daughter. Hilda was a widow with but one child. She had always shown strength of character and was one to speak her mind. She demanded honesty and action. Hilda had been a successful business woman and the sole supporter of her family. Her husband had 'suffered' with the 'disease of alcoholism' their entire marriage. Hilda did not like the crutch of calling alcoholism a disease but with the modern tolerance it seemed many did. Hilda contended if Alcoholism is a 'disease' it is the only one that could be purchased at a store!

Hilda was still an attractive woman despite her 67 years. She was shorter then Janet but had nice proportions. She had a shapely figure with rounded hips and a flat tummy with the help of support panties. She had nice breasts that sagged more then she liked but the bra kept them in form. She had gray hair but eyes that twinkled. Her face would light when she laughed but today she was not laughing.

"What happened to make Mark leave so suddenly Janet?" Hilda demanded of her daughter.

At the moment Janet was crying too hard to hear, much less answer. Hilda was angry at both Janet and Mark. They were adults but neither at the moment was acting the part. Seeing her daughter was an emotional wreck, Hilda tired to put her to bed. However Janet refused to sleep in the master bedroom, instead took one of the spare bedrooms. When Janet had cried herself to sleep Hilda made coffee and tried to make reason of why this had happened. Upon arriving all she could get out of Janet was that the two had had a fight. No matter how hard Hilda pressed Janet would give no further explanation.

Sitting at the breakfast table Hilda thought about Janet's first husband Charles and the reason for the divorce. Janet Boyd then found that her husband, Charles was having an affair with a neighbor's wife. It was not just a random act but had been going on for well over a year when Janet realized it. In anger Janet plotted revenge. She enlisted the help of the Rita's husband, Ted Welch. The two set up small hidden cameras in the bedroom of the Welch home. When they had collected enough video's to make a good case for divorce the made their move. Setting both Rita and Charles up was easy. The pair took advantage of any time they could 'couple'. With the tale Ted would be out of town and Janet would be working, late the lovers planned some adult play time.

When Rita and Charles got to the Welch home they were taking off their clothes in the entry hall. They were so busy building passion as the kissed and fondled heading toward the Welch marital bed they didn't hear the sounds from the bedroom till they stepped in. Both naked, they froze. There on top of the covers were Ted and Janet in the act of copulating.

Ted was involved and enjoying the sex, Janet was not, but wanted to put on an act that would have earned her an 'Oscar'. "Ted you are so big and fill me. Deeper, deeper, let me have all of your cock! Harder, harder fuck me good, I have needed a real fucking for a good while now!"

All Ted could do was grunt as he was fulfilling Janet's desires with her feeding his libido.

"Fill me up with your cum. Fill me up full, I want your baby in my belly! That's it , oh god yes! Feels so fucking good. Damn Ted you can really fuck! Oh, Oh Baby I'm cuming!" Janet screamed as Ted filled her bareback.

Charles and Rita just stood and watched neither seemed to care they were naked and had come to the bedroom for the very same purpose. When Janet came off her faked orgasm she looked over at her two audience members. She smiled and tapped Ted on the shoulder. "Ted I think we had better get up, the next two are here for the bed."

Ted had been so involved in the sex with Janet he had been oblivious to Charles and Rita's entrance into the bedroom. He was jarred back to the moment and climbed off without looking directly at any of the three in the room. He made a quick trek to the bathroom.

Janet stood and faced her husband and his adulterous partner. She felt Ted's seamen drip from her pussy down onto her thigh. She was naked but offered no attempt to cover herself. After all, everyone was naked. "Sorry we ran over, and we did kind of make a mess on the bed, but what the heck we are all adults her and know each other. Hope you two have as much fun as we did. Ted I'm leaving now, catch you another time."

Neither Charles nor Rita offered a word as Janet picked up the clothes and walked past the pair heading for the front door. She stopped in the entry way hall just long enough to pull her top over her head and slip into her shorts. Looking at the floor she saw Charles's pants. She smiled an evil smile. Bending down she took all the money from his wallet then replace it. The next stop was their house.

Ted wouldn't come out of the bathroom. He stayed there till Charles left. That was about 30 minutes later. Another surprise awaited Charles as he exited the Welch residence. A constable stood there to serve him with divorce papers and hand him an envelope. Stunned as he was, he noticed the moving van parked at the curb in front of their home. The men were busy carrying thing from the house and loading them in the truck.

Still in shock Charles went home and found Janet in the shower. She saw him and smiled big. Stepping out she dried and put on clean clothes. Picking up what she had worn home from her 'sexcapade', Janet dropped them in the trash. "Hi Charles you are just in time to see me off!"

Charles begged Janet to stay and try and work it out, but she would have no part of it. She acted as happy as a child beginning a new adventure as she inspected the work of the movers. Before dark her items were packed as she wished. She followed the moving truck when it pulled out. It was later in the evening when Charles opened the large envelope. It had a letter and a DVD. The letter explained that Janet had already filed for divorce, a fact that was evident with the service. The DVD showed a dozen of the sexual rendezvous' between Charles and Rita.

Janet had a few things delivered to her apartment and the rest went into storage. After the divorce was final and settlement paid, she transferred from Baltimore to Nashville to be close to the only family she had, her mother.

Hilda was taken from her thoughts by the sound of the door bell. Answering the door she found Jill Stanley had come to visit. She was shocked to hear that Mark was missing. Her story was she had not seen or heard from Janet for several days and wanted to see how she was doing.

Hilda invited her in and offered her coffee. Once seated with a fresh cup of coffee she spoke. "So you are as surprised as me that Mark would just walk out?"

Jill stammered, "Well yes I had no idea there was anything wrong. I mean how could I have known?"

"You are a neighbor and a dear friend to Janet. I would have thought if there was a problem you would have at least gotten a hint."

"Well I didn't, I am just as shocked as you are that Mark would do such a thing, disappear and all!"

"What thing did Mark do, disappear like this you mean?" Hilda asked studying the face of the woman across the table.

"It was you that said he had walked out, not me." Jill defended herself.

"Yes that is a fact, but you used the term 'disappear'. What do you know that you aren't telling me?"

"Nothing! I know nothing of this affair! I am just as in the dark as you are Mrs. Emerson." Before the sentence was competed, Jill she wished she had picked different words.

"Affair, what affair?" Hilda persisted.

Jill was in a panic. She felt as if Janet's mother suspected the truth. "Honest Mrs. Emerson I am just as much at a loss as you are. Janet won't talk to me either."

"That's funny for I thought you said you had not seen or spoken to Janet in the last three days?"

"Well I haven't not really, I mean, well I knew something was bothering her but...I just.. I didn't"

Hilda cut her off, "My dear woman, you are a very poor liar. I don't know if that is a complement or not but..."

"Why would I lie, Mrs. Emerson?" Jill continued her defense.

"Because you are involved in some way up to those big bright eyes of your! Now tell me what you know or get out."

"Honest I don't know a thing Mrs. Emerson."

"Very well Miss Stanley, when Janet awakes I will inform her of your visit. Now if you will please leave I have some work to do."

Defeated by relieved Jill went to the door. The exit was made a little more unpleasant by Hilda seeing her out. A curt, "Good day" was head by Jill before the door slammed and the dead bolt tripped.

Hilda watched the clock and decided to spend the night. Janet had not awakened so she had not eaten. Hilda wanted to be there the next morning, a Friday, to make sure Janet ate before she headed to work.

Friday morning came but Janet refused to get out of bed. Hilda finally relented and called Janet's employments and explained that Janet was sick. She assured Janet's secretary that she would be back Monday. It was just a bug that was going around Hilda said.

Friday morning Mark awoke before the wakeup call he had requested. He was in the shower when it came. Mark had not slept all that well but he was somewhat rested. He ate breakfast in the café before he checked out. Mark was on the road by 6 a.m. that Friday morning with a destination in mind. He was going to Chicago. He would be there and ready Monday to find a job.

All day Friday Janet stayed in bed and either cried or slept. Hilda stayed with her daughter but could pry no more information from her. Hilda had tried her best even indicating Jill had confessed all. Janet had learned well from her mother and stated that if Jill had confessed then Hilda already knew everything. Hilda's plea of wishing to hear Janet's side of the story fell on deaf ears.

As Janet slept or wept, Hilda sought to find Mark. She had too much respect of her son-in-law than to believe he would do such a drastic action without just cause. Searching the phone billing records Hilda found a number in Dayton Ohio. She knew that Mark had a daughter in that area from his previous marriage. Playing the odds she dialed the number.

"Hello," came the female voice on the other end of the line.

"My name is Hilda Emerson and I am trying to locate the daughter of Mark Parker, Allison Parker.

"I'm her, but the last name is Sutton."

"Glad I have found you, Allison. As I said I am Hilda Emerson, my daughter Janet is married to your father."

There was a little gasp on the other end. "Is dad ok? What's happened?"

"It's not that Allison, it is just that he.. he is absent and I was hoping you knew where he was."

"Absent?" Allison repeated, "Like skipped school?"

Hilda sighed, "A little like that I guess. He has failed to come home for the last three days and.."

"Dad is missing? Have you called the police?" Allison asked anxiously.

"We suspect no foul play if that is what you mean. But Janet is worried sick. I would just like to talk with Mark to see what caused this."

"Caused what Mrs. Emerson?"

"All I know is your father and Janet had some dreadful fight. I know they, well I know Janet still loves your father. I want to see if there is anything I can do to help resolve the issues."

"How long has dad been gone?"

"He left, I understand sometime Tuesday night. He hasn't called or come home. I was hoping he had called you." Hilda said.

Hilda could tell by the voice it was a lost cause, "Well two things, one if dad is gone and hasn't called, he doesn't want Janet to know where he is, and two don't ever call her again." Allison did say good-bye just before she just hung up.

'Well that didn't work out so well,' Hilda thought. With second cup of coffee another avenue came to mind. Looking in the phone book she found the number. The phone was answered by the receptionist. "May I speak to Mr. Jeremy Parker please?"

"May I ask who is calling and the nature of the call?"

"This is Hilda Emerson and I wish to speak to Mr. Jeremy Parker concerning one Mark Parker."

"Will you hold the line Ms Emerson and I will see if Mr. Parker is available for telephone conference."

A moment later Jeremy Parker was on the line. "Ms Emerson I intended to call you, we have some things to discuss."

"Excellent I am glad I saved you the effort to find my number." Hilda said with a smile thinking she had would get some aid or enlightenment with regards to the situation.

"Ms. Emerson I was going to call you to give you legal notice. You are to cease and desist contact with one Allison Parker Sutton. If need be I will have you served."

Hilda was just a little shaken. "What on earth would make you do that Jeremy?"

"Allison was not part to the situation between Mark and your daughter. She is now worried. I wished to spare Allison the worry until I knew more. And I mean what I say Ms Emerson for I am speaking as legal counsel for Mark Parker." Jeremy said in a stern voice.

"Well councilor should I get an attorney? Send the questions to you thru legal channels?" Hilda asked in a flat voice.

"I don't know if you will need legal representation but if I were you I would instruct your daughter to retain an attorney."

"Janet has a name you know Jeremy. Why are you so hateful?" Hilda asked a sincere question.

"Ms Emerson, I am only talking with you out of courtesy. I wanted you to know that Mark is serious about divorcing your daughter, I'm sorry I mean Janet."

"Jeremy! How can you be that way? Janet is your sister-in-law. She has been a part of your family for almost six years. She have eaten in your home and cooked for you and your family. She had been at Christmas and even visited Sarah too. How can you be so cruel?"

"I had forgotten about that," Hilda thought Jeremy shifting to reasonable, but that was not the case. "And I want you to stay away for Sarah too. You and Janet both. I will leave orders for you both to be denied access to the home."

That hurt Hilda. "What on earth happened between Janet and Mark that would cause all this bitterness?"

"Ms Emerson I am not at liberty to discuss the affairs of my client. All I can say is that the papers have already been filed. I will follow instructions and save my client some money if I can. If Janet wants to avoid service at her work or home she must waive service. I will send the release to her home. If I haven't received it back in 5 calendar days I will proceed with timely service."

"Jeremy, today is Friday. Janet can't possibly get the paper till Monday at best, if not Tuesday. At least give her the courtesy of working days. Please tell me why."

"As I said that is privileged information. Now if you will allow me to get back to work I have used too much time already." Jeremy quipped.

"Jeremy I will gladly pay the prescribed rate. I wouldn't want you to feel that Janet or her family is indebted to you. Just connect me with your secretary and I will give her my address."

"That will not be necessary Ms Emerson but I was serious about contact with Allison or Sarah. And any communication you wish to send Mark will be thru this office. I mean at the office not my home."

Hilda began to cry. Jeremy relented and softened. "I'm sorry Hilda, I am just very agitated with the situation."

Thru the tears she asked, "Why, what happened."

Jeremy was angry but realized it would do no good to take it out on Hilda. "Honest Hilda I don't know. Mark just came in the office Wednesday about 11 a.m. and said he was leaving. He asked me to file divorce for him. He wouldn't give details or reason. The filing will be 'irreconcilable differences'. He wanted me to go easy on Janet and give her half of the assets."

"Why would he be in such a rush to divorce and then be willing to divide the assets evenly?" Hilda thought out loud.

"You got me. I begged him to come over to the house and at least sleep on it, but it was no use, his mind was made up. I don't know where he was headed or if he even had a destination in mind. I feel he was just trying to get away. Honestly I was a little worried that he had hurt or killed Janet. I have never known Mark to act that way. All I have is a mobile phone number and an e-mail address. I got an e-mail this morning from a hotel in Tulsa. He didn't say where he was headed but he assured he would be ok."

Hilda was sobbing by that point. "Jeremy I loved Mark almost as much as I love Janet. And Janet is my daughter. I will pray that both come to their senses quickly. If I know my daughter her sorrow will turn to anger and vengeance. That will be as costly to her as it will be on those around her. I understand your reason for not giving me Mark's number or his e-mail, but promise me you will ask him to contact me."

"I promise Hilda, I'll do that by e-mail as soon as I get off the phone. I want Mark back more than you do. He is the strength of our family."

"Thank you Jeremy. I'll make sure a lawyer contacts you about the proceedings but I will pray that it doesn't come to that." There was a silence. "And I will gladly pay your normal fee for this conciliation."

"That won't be necessary Hilda, you are still family, at least for now. I just want to wake from this nightmare." Jeremy said with a tired exhale.

Hilda sat and was even more stunned by what she had learned. Whatever had caused this was very serious. And if Janet and Mark didn't begin to work it out soon it would be too late. The thought hit Hilda that it might already be too late.

Later in the day when Janet was awake Hilda made her get up and eat something. She knew it was not the time to press the issue so she sat silently with Janet. After the meal it was late in the afternoon. Hilda needed to go home and make some arrangements. She wanted Janet to rest but she didn't want her alone in the house. Almost forcing a sedative down Janet's throat she got her daughter to bed. As a last resort Hilda called Jill and asked her to say with Janet while she was gone. Jill agreed but it was tense between her and Hilda in those few minutes before Hilda left.

Hilda made arrangements to say the weekend with Janet. After Janet was cried out and could sleep no more Hilda sat her down to discuss the seriousness of the situation.

"Janet did you know that Mark has intentions of divorcing you?"

"Yes I do, in fact I believe it is already underway." Janet said in a tired dull voice.

"How did you learn of that fact?" Hilda questioned.

"Jeremy Parker Esquire seemed happy break the news to me." Janet said with distain in her voice.

"And you will not tell me what happened that caused this mess?"

Janet did not answer.

"I have strong suspicion that Jill is deeply involved." Hilda said as her eyes bored into her daughter.

That statement rocked Janet. "Why do you say that mother?"

"Because Jill is a terrible liar. You have not lied, well unless you consider not telling me why Mark left a lie by omission. But Jill did all but confess." Hilda tried again.

"Then you know all about it. Really Mother, you have already tried that one. No the problem was just a stupid argument between a man and his wife." Janet said thru locked jaw.

"Arguments don't end with such rash actions by both parties," Hilda replied in a cold voice.

Janet just looked at the floor.

"And why would Mark go far away, why would he not try to work it out? Is it you Janet, are you not willing to budge?"

Janet lost control again. With her face in her hands Janet sobbed, "I'd do anything to have Mark back now. I will do anything just to talk with him. Why did he leave like that. He didn't even say good-by."

"I am sure you know the answer to that Janet. Now it is up to Mark to make the first move. You see he is already out of the state."