Why Me? Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I then begin to sob and cry onto her. I was gone for a couple of hours. We'd been back on pack lands for a couple of hours. How? Why would-? I couldn't breathe. I eventually heard more footsteps and Jay barking out orders. I couldn't move. I think I was paralyzed from the shock. I felt warm soft hands touch me and flinched away from them. They had to be Jenna and Ann but I could care less. People I'm sure were crowded around me now trying to offer comfort but I didn't want any. Low words were murmured then I could hear Jay's sharp intake of breath. The gang was probably around me and as I heard his footsteps and him crouching down next to me I immediately turn to him and bury my face into the crook of his neck as he wraps his arms around me. He spoke low for only my ears. He was saying something but I couldn't comprehend, I couldn't understand. It was like he was speaking in a completely different language.

When things were finally silent I look up and look down at my mom. I wrap my trembling fingers around her necklace then yank it off her neck. I stand up and completely ignore everyone as I go upstairs and into everyone's rooms. I dig into all of our closets and find all of the boxes that we were forbidden to open because our mother told us not to unless we had a dire emergency. I walk back downstairs and walk out the house alone. There were people all around the house investigators no doubt. I walk by them. Even as they ask questions I don't speak. I begin the walk back up to the Alpha house and walk to the back porch. I set the boxes down and turning around I look at my face to only quickly look away.

My eyes were red rimmed and my irises were black. My cheeks were red and splotchy and my hair was even more messed up now. My nose was cherry red and despite my colored red face I looked unreasonably pale for someone who spends pretty much all day in the sun. I sat down on the loveseat and bring my knees up to my chest. Crying was never really my thing but now they just slipped down my cheeks without my consent. I felt so...how do people call heartbreak? Oh right, empty. I felt hollow and full of cold air. How could the day start off so bright and welcome-y become so cold and dreadful? I don't know how long I sat there just staring at the ground not blinking not moving. Actually, now that I think about it the only indication that would prove that I was alive is my erratic heartbeat and my constant trembling.

I do know that the sun had sunk a long time ago and the morning sun was starting to peak over the horizon. I knew Jay had sat down some time in the middle of the night next to me but I swear I felt like I was looking at myself rather than being here, actually here. I felt like today, err yesterday felt like it didn't happen. I felt like I was just sleeping over and I would wake up and go home. I know I was in denial but it was bittersweet. I felt so much better than the reality. Eventually when the sun comes up a little more the rest of the gang comes out.

It was silent for a few minutes then "Leah"- I flinch then resume to trembling. It was Jenna's voice.

I decide I should probably say something so they don't think I'm completely losing it. "Who did it?" I whisper quietly in my raspy voice.

"Rogues" Jay answers he was not as surprised as everyone else. He had been just as still as me. He probably felt my grief and he probably felt like shit.

"Where are they?"

At this he looks at me with that warning in his eyes "I have a few beta's looking for them now" he says slowly. "Leah,"

"Why they do it?" I ask finally looking up and letting them see my face. It was probably worst now.

"Leah, if we knew you'd be the first one to know" Greg says quietly. I swallow then mentally shake myself.

I huff out a breath. It was time to heal and there wasn't going to be much time to do such things if I'm just sitting here. I shake my head slightly "Anyone want to help me figure out what's in these boxes?" I ask.

This gets everyone's interest. They knew my mother's forbidden law to never open the boxes but even they got as too curious to try ripping the boxes apart with their wolf jaws but as usual the box wouldn't even budge.

"You can open it now?" Simon asks.

I shrug "I don't know but since they're all dead I figured that this was a dire emergency" I say without emotion.

"How about you get some sleep first?" Jay suggests looking at me, concern lighting up his features.

I shake my head "I'm-I'm not going to sleep. That's...that wouldn't be good" I say quietly.

"No one will hurt you," Jenna says "We won't let anyone come near you"

I look at them then shake my head "That's not what I'm worried about" I mumble standing up. "If it'll make you feel better I get a shower and eat some water or something"

"Eat water?" Greg asks.

I look at him and roll my eyes with a small smile "Greg, be lucky that something is just going down for once" he smiles back at me. I then offer my hand to Jay. "Come with me" I plead. He was up at once. Grabbing the boxes and walking me inside. He comes up to his room and I find all my stuff already moved in. I stop for a second.

I guess a second too long because he wraps me into a hug. I rub my face into his chest getting his smell into my nostrils again. I smelled sweat and blood this time but I chose to ignore those and focus on all the sweet smells radiating off him.

I suddenly felt like I dropped something. I pat my pockets and realized I dropped my mother's necklace. "I dropped her necklace" I mumble.

"Mom probably knows where it is...you know how she is with her jewelry" he says smiling down at me.

I smile back slightly and let him lead the way to her office. We were about to knock on her door when she begins yelling. "HOW COULD YOU MISS HER? SHE WAS RUNNING FROM MY SON!" She screams.

"I'm sorry we missed one would you like me to kill her now?" a deep male voice asks in a bored sort of tone.

I go to the slightly ajar door and peek in. She was in the middle of waving him off. She was in a night gown pacing. There was a very big man in there without a shirt. I took in a breath then froze. Jay had to practically shove his fist in my mouth to keep me quiet. He was the rogue that killed my family. Please, please, please tell me that she isn't behind this...

"No" she says shaking her head. "She's probably fucking him right now, no wait until later"

"What about your boy?"

She seems to think for a second then looks at him "I was going to have you kill her then he was going to feel the pain of losing mate then I was going to have him killed but I think you can kill them both tonight" she decides. "I will not have that little witch bring in a witch heir"

My eyes widen and I stumble a bit, backing away. What was she talking about? I'm not a witch. Why would she want me and my family dead and her own son?

"Your daughter" he prompts.

"Leave her for now. I'll use her as my puppet while I'm getting you and your pack in" The soft light falls over me and I could see everything happening. She walks over to him and places her hands on his chest. She kisses up his chest thrusting her breasts forward. "Be my Alpha?" She asks in a seductive voice. I was seeing red. I stood up and ran. I ran out the back stripping my clothes as I went.

"LEAH!" I hear Jay yell after to me. As I jump over the fence I feel the usual rush mingled with pain as I sprouted fur all over me. And as I drop to the ground I was the werewolf that had been itching to get out for the past two days. I run fast and I run hard because I had to get rid of this anger. Sitting still for all those times caused the anger to build. I didn't even realize it until now. The sun was bright too bright for my strange bluish purplish eyes. I was the exceptional wolf out of our pack. I was white as the moon and had black streaks running through my fur. I wasn't small I wasn't big. I was on the small side of medium.

Even in my family I was the oddball out. Everyone had always told me the more unique the more power. I had always waved it off but I was always flattered. NOW? Now I knew they literally weren't kidding about the power. The only ones who'd told me were either the elders or the Alpha's. I had no idea they meant it literally. Being a witch is like being degraded in some ways while in other it was kind of cool. But no, I'm a beta, a possible soon to be Alpha Female this wasn't...this wasn't possible.

Witches and Wolves don't date. How the hell do I have Witch's blood? It's not possible...it can't be...why didn't anyone tell me? I skid to a stop. Why wouldn't anyone tell me? I began to sprint and as I get to the river I dive right over not even feeling a splash. Then after that once I feel like I've gone far enough I just run and climb and attack. It wasn't until the moon was high in the sky that I trotted over to where the gang and I usually went in our wolf form. I sat down on my hunches and just lied down and stared into the pure blue water. I watch as my black eyes turn to my normal bluish purplish eyes. I whine a little.

Now that logic was sort of going through my brain, I could see that being a witch would make sense after all these years. Strange things had always happened to me. I'd manage to control whatever it was but now I knew it was just...magic. I shake my head, growling. Why wouldn't anyone tell me? Why would Ann want me dead? Or her son dead? Then my head perked up. The rogues killed Jay's father.

Oh God, Luna! She didn't...she wouldn't...I have to tell Jay. It was like he had picked up on my thoughts because I heard trotting of paws coming near me then a big black wolf with one lone white stripe on his spine came up next to me. He whined and nudged my side.

'Did you kill the rogues that killed your father?' I ask in his mind. He looks at me then shakes his head. He shivered then turning back to his human form he began to pet me. I shudder a little, electricity runs through me as I change back and look at him.

"She wouldn't send rogues out to kill her mate" he says pointedly.

"She's sending rogues out to kill you and Jenna and me. She sent them to kill my family. How do you know that she didn't send them out to kill him too?" I ask softly.

He throws his head back rubbing his eyes "They were mates...it isn't possible" he whines. I look at him sympathetically.

"Jay"-

"I know, I know. It's probably exactly what she did" he says shaking his head. He looks at me. "I told the gang by the way. They should be here with the box in a second" They knew what my box looked like. It was a royal blue box with my name on it in white cursive.

I sit there for a second then I explode as three more wolves come and drop a box at my feet. "How can I be a WITCH?" I scream into the night air.

Jenna changes next to me from her black wolf with a brown stripe down her spine to a human again. Greg and Simon were also the same in there wolf forms except Greg had brown spots on his blonde coat and Simon had brown stripes on his blonde coat. They change in front of us as I eye the box suspiciously. I breathe in and out and pray that the stupid box opens. I reach for the lid and realize that it was loose for once. I swallow. As I begin to open the box blue fluorescent light begins to creep through the corners. I open the box and for a second it was calm and silent then a big gust of blows us a little making us blink to get dirt out of our eyes then light as bright as day shows making me advert me sight. Then the light dims down to what my wolf eyes look like.

A voice speaks out from the big ball of light. "If the five of you present are not Leah, Jay, Jenna, Greg, or Simon close this box NOW" the voice demands. When nothing happens the voice continues. "Since none of you have been vaporized I'm assuming that all of you have discovered a few things. Jay and Jenna your father was killed by rogues sent by your mother. Your mother is a seer. Greg and Simon I'm afraid that I can't tell you anything yet since you guys haven't started on the scavenger hunt all of you will have to do together later on your upcoming adventure. Jay and Jenna there is much more to be said but Leah can tell you all about her latest suspicions. And Leah, you are a witch and a werewolf. It is possible because both your parents had witch blood. Your mother knew. Your father did not. You are the only child who can use magic and still be a werewolf. You mother is here to explain everything else" Then the voice stops and the light diminishes slightly.

Then in the same blue light my mother begins walking and I stand up and stare at her. I'm losing it...that's it...too many things have gone on and I'm officially traumatized, but even as I think it my mother touches my cheeks and I feel sweet warmth spread through me that only mothers could give.

"My sweetheart,"

I get tears in my eyes once again but quickly I blink them away "Why didn't you tell me?"

She shakes her head "I had to keep you safe" she says pulling me to her and hugging me hard. She pulls back and looks at me then looks behind me. It was only then that I realized I was still holding Jay's hand and he stood next to me. "I'm guessing you both have figured out you are mates?" She doesn't stop, she turns on her heels and looks at Greg "I do not appreciate you using a log to stop my daughter from running" she whips back around "I do not appreciate you chasing my daughter and threatening trees, Jay" she glances at Jenna. "I do not like you getting angry over trees and you young lady" she says turning and pointing her finger at me. "You do not run from your mate or cause the catastrophe for a poor tree. You do not ignore your friends and you DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM YOUR PROBLEMS" she yells. With each word she took a step and I took one back on instinct. When I bumped into Jay is when she stopped.

She then turns around and addresses us all. "You all are going to have to work together for your survival. I've seen you do it before. You all have asked, Mr. Sue or your father, Jay and Jenna, why he chose the five of you specifically for training. You all are the best with your own sort of power. You can take down anyone and with the tools I will soon give you; you will need to run from here. Leah, I'm sorry but along with Jay and Jenna, you have seer blood as well. You already know everything else...just tell them your suspicions dear.

"From here on out, all of you need to follow your instinct and gut feeling. Your fathers for all of you have been trying their hardest to protect you guys. Simon and Greg your father needs to stay alive so you have to leave with them. Not like I was saying that you weren't its just now it's a requirement" She was making this speech awfully obvious.

"Mom is something going to happen to make us want to split up?" I ask.

"You truly do follow your instinct. Yes and you all need to stay together. When I leave there will be things in tiny bags for all of you. Do not open any of the bags yet. I want all of you to give the bags to Leah. Leah put all of the bags into your bigger bag, once all of that is settled...leave. Run! Get to an airport and go to where your gut tells you too. There is indeed a little scavenger hunt. You will discover things about each other you never thought existed. Stick together, follow your instincts, and at the end of this war you'll have you happily ever after I promise." That's when I realized she was fading.

"Wait!" I shout and try to touch her but my hand just goes through. "I need more answers. We don't know anything. Please!" I plead even as she disappears. True to her word there were five podiums in front of each of us.

The blue voice began to speak again. "Leah, memorize the spells in your spell books. And a message from your mother; 'Get all of the other boxes and you and Jay need to mate as soon as possible, listen to your gut for the right time'" Everyone grabs the tiny bags and puts them into my bag. My bag was small enough to fit in my pocket this was going to be convenient. Next to my bag was a brown leather book that had my name on it once again in white cursive letters.

Once we all pick up everything the blue light, the box and everything but the bag was gone leaving us in the darkness.

12