Why Not Wax?

Story Info
A "not-as-painful-as-it-sounds" alternative to shaving.
1.5k words
4.49
138.5k
23
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For those ladies (and guys) who have tried shaving some or all of the hair from their hot spots and were less than satisfied with the results, I may just have the answer! For many of us, there is nothing more erotic than the look and feel of a soft, bare pussy...and some girls enjoy when their men are completely hair-free as well. Personally, I like a man to have some hair down there, but not an unruly mass of tangles...trim it up, guys! As for me, I love the way my pussy looks when it is completely bare, but I have had absolutely disastrous experiences with shaving. I tried all of the tips for shaving...using brand new razors, soaking in the tub, using thick creme conditioner, etc. No matter what I did, I still ended up with painfully swollen follicles/pores, itchy red bumps, and downright uncomfortable pain for days. No thank you! Then I decided to try what most salons call a "full-off" bikini wax (not to be confused with a "Brazilian," which I will discuss briefly later on). Yes, I know, most of you are cringing at the mere thought of some stranger applying hot wax to your most sensitive spots and then yanking all of your hair out at the roots...but I promise, it's not that bad! And trust me, you will be SO GLAD when you see the results.

First of all, being self-conscious is an obstacle you will just have to get over, because it's pretty damn hard to do it yourself. And I wouldn't let anyone other than a professional do it, either...no matter how confident your partner may be, you just can't risk it. A trained professional can get the whole job done in about 15-20 minutes, and the results will look much nicer (and you won't feel the urge to punch them in the face when they are done, which cannot necessarily be said for a partner who botches your at-home wax job!).

A couple of distinctions should be made between the types of waxes that you can have done. First, a run-of-the-mill bikini wax leaves some hair behind, the most common being the "landing strip" (a strip of hair about an inch long, starting at your natural hair line and extending down toward your pussy lips). Some professionals can even shape the hair that is left into shapes or patterns (triangles, hearts, downward-pointing arrows, etc.)

A "Brazilian" bikini wax is when all of the hair comes off...and I do mean ALL. Once the front is bare, you flip over and the crack of your ass is waxed too. Most women don't have much hair in that area anyway, but they feel more comfortable knowing there aren't any strays. Personally, I don't want the wax going anywhere near my ass...and if my guy doesn't like that, then maybe he should leave his hipocracy at the door and go with me to have HIS ass waxed!

What I have my waxer do is considered a "full-off" bikini wax. That means all of the hair is waxed from the pubic area and the lips, all the way down to where the lips end. No flipping over for the backside with this one.

So, once you decide what type of wax you want and you find a reputable salon to do the job, be sure that your hair is no longer than about a quarter of an inch. If it is longer, you'll want to trim it a little so that it does not get tangled when the wax is applied. And be condsiderate of your waxer...make sure you shower a couple of hours before you go. But don't use any lotion in the area, or the wax won't adhere properly. You may also want to take a couple of Tylenol or other pain reliever about an hour beforehand. This will help dull the sensation when the hair is pulled from the roots. Another very important point for the ladies: DO NOT make a waxing appointment just before or during your period. You are much more sensitive at that time, and it hurts like HELL. (Trust me, I made that mistake only once!)

Wear comfortable clothes to your appointment; nothing that will chafe the area afterwards. I normally wear a skirt or loose shorts and no panties...this way my skin is not irritated by any clothing rubbing in the area when I am done. When you arrive, you might want to use the restroom quickly, to make sure you are nice and refreshed. When you meet your waxer, don't feel weird about it. Your pussy is not the first, nor the last, that she will see in her lifetime. If you feel uncomfortable or have any questions, don't hold back. You need to let her know this is your first time, and she can help you ease into it.

Once you have stripped from the waist down, your waxer will most likely have you lay on your back with one leg straight and one bent with your knee resting on the table. She will then apply the wax with a wooden applicator. The wax should be comfortably warm, NOT hot. If it feels too hot to you, speak up! I have a pretty high threshold for pain in that area (just look at my username and guess where my piercing is...), and I once made the mistake of not saying anything when the wax was warmer than usual. I received three very nasty burns on my pussy lips...NOT a good time.

After the wax is applied, a cloth strip is placed on top and pressure is applied for a couple of seconds to adhere the strip to the wax. Here's where most people tense up and get ready for the pain...which is the worst thing you could do. Yes, she is going to yank the strip and all of the hair is going to come out at the roots, but if you tense up, it is going to hurt much worse than it will if you relax. I recommend concentrating on taking slow, deep, controlled breaths so that you are not thinking about when the strip is going to be ripped off. Do NOT hold your breath! I'll be honest...it does hurt a bit, but not nearly as much as I thought it would the first time. It's like when you pull a band-aid off your arm...very quick and over with. On a scale of 1-10, I would put it at a 4 or 5. Your waxer will continue this process until all of the hair is removed on one side (or as much as you ask for) and then she'll have you switch legs so she can do the other side. She will then use tweezers to pluck out any stray hairs that the wax may have missed.

When you are all done, the waxer may apply talcum powder, lotion, or some other ointment to soothe and calm the skin. I have also had my waxer use a product called "Tend Skin," which helps keep the hair follicles clear so that you do not get ingrown hairs. Beware, this stuff BURNS and it hurts worse than the waxing does. However, it works wonders in keeping away red bumps and ingrown hairs, so I think it's worth it. You can buy the stuff and apply it every day for about a week to keep the follicles clear for the hair that is going to start coming back in.

One thing you might want to consider also: don't plan on having sex or playing in that area at all for the rest of the day. It's just too sensitive, and you can actually cause red bumps and irritation if you mess with it too much. Just relax, you and your partner will have plenty of time to enjoy your bare little pussy!

Now, here's the best part about getting waxed. It's amazingly soft and smooth, and it stays that way for two or three weeks...even longer if you use a hair-inhibiting lotion like Jergens! Keep in mind, though, that your hair grows at all different rates, so you may see some stubble coming in after a few days. These are hairs that were below the surface when you got waxed, and you can just use tweezers to pluck them out. Your hair will eventually all get on the same schedule, and you won't have that issue.

Another bonus: with continued waxing, your hair starts growing in much softer and thinner, making each waxing less painful. In addition, fewer hairs will grow back in, and that's always a plus. My waxer has told me stories of women whose hair has stopped growing back altogether, and they only come in every few MONTHS to have touch-ups done. The theory is that your hair follicles will eventually get "tired" of having the hair ripped out all the time, and they will simply stop producing more hair. Whatever you do, DO NOT shave in between waxings! Your hair will go back to that thick, coarse texture and it will hurt every time you get waxed.

So, that's about it. The result is a sexy-as-hell look that you and your partner will love. You'll both love to touch, stroke, and maybe even lightly slap it until you're ready for some more steamy action. Not only that, but who wouldn't want to go down for hours on a pussy with no stray hairs getting in the way. In terms of cleanliness and taste, you just can't beat it. YUMMY.

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very helpful

Thank you for writing this. I've been thinking about it for some time but I've been really stressing the pain. But I hate having... foliage down there. and unfortunately it is fast growing and shaving generally ends in discomfort and days of itching because from head to toe, all of my hair grows fast. I think I should be able to keep myself calm enough to not tense up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Ive been Waxing at home.

Ive gotten pretty good at it.I started out with doing my eyebrow with my girlfriends leftover Wax.Now its progressed to doing my girls armpits ,but since ive done that, so well.I now wax her bikini line as well she says I do just as well as the salons.Ive found a wax that works well and the ladies like.By ladies I mean that I now do the armpits on several of her friends.I also regularly wax my sister in laws bikini area.I am very professional and can do a complete hair removal from a vaginal area without removing my clients panties...My problem is I couldnt possibly got to school for this..and when i try to learn more on the internet I just get porn videos..I need to see how the back side is done..any sugestions?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
It feels amazing!

I just had a brazilian wax done this week. The feel is amazing! My boyfriend loves eating me, even before the wax was done. Now I get oral sex all day. It feels smooth as silk. When I shower, it feels sensual. It is so worth the pain. It didn't hurt THAT bad. I've nicked my legs with a razor and felt worse pain. Definately try it at least once!

CBjustCBnothingbutCBCBjustCBnothingbutCBover 14 years ago
Good advice

[I know this is not intended for long discussions, maybe that's why this box doesn't accept new line characters, but I have a lot to say so I'm going to use // to indicate "new paragraph"]

Well written (after all that's what this forum is all about, right? The writing?!) - clear and to the point. //

Anyhow since this has become a discussion on peri-genital hair removal, allow me to chip in my 2c' worth... //

So to follow on from my heading, ...but of course like all advice, it's personal and should be seen as such. Not everything works equally well for everyone - take particular note of the first comment, re waxing / plucking does not cause slowing of growth nor shaving cause thickening of hairs; I speak from experience when I endorse both those findings. //

One of the big drawbacks of waxing, and the reason it leaves your whole region tender and sensitive, is that the wax pulls on everything, including the skin. *That's* why the skin gets red and blotchy and you can't wear underwear comfortably for a couple of days. My initial (and only) experiment with a home waxing strip left me with a pink stripe across my mound that didn't go away for a week! Although the sensitivity was not so bad after only a few hours, thanks to Aloe Vera Gel from GNLD, marvellous stuff, go and get it. //

So I found a much more satisfactory technique for complete hair removal, which doesn't hurt like waxing, or potentially damage the skin like Veet can if you take too long applying it and burn yourself, or run the risk of nicks or razor burn from shaving or (worse still) scissors: pluck the entire area with a good pair of eyebrow tweezers. //

No, really. //

The first time takes a while, sure, and it can get pretty uncomfortable on your neck and back if you do yourself, but if you do it once a week it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. That's about how long a waxing takes, but you don't have to go to a salon to do it; there's no cleaning up to do afterwards; the pain factor is virtually nil (one or two areas are a little more sensitive than others, but at worst it's a little sharp tickle when they come out one at a time); there is absolutely *no* redness, sensitivity or tenderness afterwards (sometimes, maybe 2 or 3 tiny droplets of blood). //

When you do it as a couple, it can be a great low-key way to start the foreplay! In my experience it works better if the girl plucks the man first - done the other way around, she has to work around a boner that won't go away after he has been tending to her pussy for 20 minutes or so... :-) In any event, some of the best sex I have had was immediately following a mutual tweezering session. No two-day resting period, nossir! //

Incidentally, the reason plucking, waxing, and removal creams are all preferable to shaving is that the hairs that grow back from all of those techniques have softer and/or rounded tips, whereas shaved hair - stubble - has sharp edges. Having had a shaved genital area once in my life (appendix operation in my teens, before I discovered my passion for smooth genitals) I will *never* shave there again - every time skin comes into contact with stubbly skin it causes an irritation that I couldn't believe... and it seemed to go on for months, although I suppose now it must have been only a week or so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
yeah, not really

hair doesn't grow back softer or thinner if you wax it. waxing doesn't change the way hair looks... that's genetic. hair becoming softer or whatever is an illusion caused by the way the hair grows back - it takes longer than with shaving, so it may appear that it is growing back in a different way. and shaving does not make hair more coarse. this is an old wives tale/urban legend that no one should really believe past the age of 13.

also it was kind of creepy how you kept saying "pussy" I mean really what the hell was with that

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Blowjobs for Dummies Read this with your lady & you'll thank the author.in How To
Shaving Pubic Hair: The Second Best Way Detailed instructions, recommended shaving products & tools.in How To
How to Sweeten Up Your Cum Some basic tips on varying the taste of your cum.in How To
Pussy Shaving 101 Tips on how to do it.in How To
How to be a Slut for Your Guy Ignore at your own peril: get your man hot for you!in How To
More Stories