Wi-Fi Enabled

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After I saw that, I did a lot of research. It was a whole lot easier to find things online once my head had apparently turned into a receiver for any electronics. Within an hour or two I had read dozens of stories like the ones that she preferred about erotic hypnosis and learned quite a lot on the subject. It was a real thing. There were videos showing women in a trance and the hypnotist effortlessly making them have orgasms on command. I was beyond intrigued.

Despite my new ability and how easy that made it to search online, I had a very difficult time finding any pre-made pictures or animations that could be used to create this effect. I was just considering how I might do it myself a few days later when I heard a knock. I looked around, wondering if anyone saw me and realized that of course not. Not only was I alone but I had been surfing the Web in my head. No history to erase, no cookies to clear...nobody else could even use the interface! I chuckled and got up to answer.

It was exactly who I hoped it was. Janine looked mortified that she'd had the nerve to even knock but it was clearly too late. "Hi!" I said. I didn't have to fake anything, I was genuinely pleased to see her.

She didn't say anything for almost thirty seconds. "...H-h-hi," she stammered. There was a look close to terror on her face.

It was mid-morning on a weekend. "Come for that coffee?"

Janine was still looking at the floor. "Yeah," she answered softly in that sexy little cartoon voice.

"Come on in," I said, trying to think of how I might be able to put her at ease. A few days before she'd opened up a little when I brought up a game that I liked to play... "Taking a break from GTA?"

There was that tiny smile again, timid and scared but sweet. I wished she would take those glasses off! She was very pretty! "I haven't been playing much lately, I've been doing other stuff." I found myself wishing that she'd wear something less frumpy, too. At least that showed that she had a female body in some way. There are ways for women to dress that can be both conservative and sexy.

Have you ever, you naughty little thing!"Yeah, I take a break from time to time myself." I headed into the kitchen, wondering where this conversation was going to go, if anywhere. I started making coffee and started asking myself why the hell she had shown me what she had after the last time we talked. That...she didn't know about. It's not like I'm some kind of Adonis. I'm five ten, about 170 pounds, hazel eyes, I have a runner's build, and brown hair. Nothing special. I've been told good things about my smile and my ass, likely due to the running that I did when I was younger. Did she sense something about how my interests complimented hers so well? What was the reason for the attraction?

Knowing none of this, she spoke and I missed it. "Sorry, what?"

"I barely even drink coffee."

"I have no idea how you survive. The first thing that I do when I get out of bed is grab a cup," I told her. "How do you even wake up?"

"I don't know, I just...do, I guess." Her voice was captivating me. Suddenly all I could imagine was how it would sound if I was ravaging her and she was coming very hard... I told my libido to knock it off.

"Huh. Well, I'm about to make my second pot of the day," I told her. "Cream, sugar?"

"Yes, please."

"You got it," I told her with a smile. She smiled back but in that supremely timid way. "What do you do for work?"

"I'm a research librarian at the University." I struggled not to laugh. That's what she looked like! "What about you?" The conversation, especially on her part, was very halting and unsure of itself.

I explained that I work in IT and casually offered to work on her computer/phone/tablet/whatever if she had any issues. "They kind of, I don't know...speak to me, I guess," I told her. She'd never get the joke but I thought it was hilarious.

"I'm OK," she answered. It was a little too fast, I thought. "I mean...everything's working fine right now. But thank you," she recovered.

"So you're not the nightclub type, either, huh?"

"N-no, I've never enjoyed myself at one. It's always too loud. And everyone is so fake."

"I feel the same way. I'd rather hang out with friends or just play games or, well, the way I am, install some new version of an OS on one of the three computers I have. It's fun," I agreed.

Janine didn't say anything, just accepted her coffee and mixed in cream and sugar, stirring it. After a very long pause she said, "I—I think that I made a mistake. Thank you for the coffee, but I...I don't think that I can do this."

I had to suppress a deep, frustrated sigh. I ground my teeth a little and asked, "Why not? We're just sharing coffee."

She hadn't looked up. "I...I...I'm not good at social stuff. I don't—I don't know what to say."

Her hands were on the table. Hoping that I wasn't being too forward, I reached forward and rested one of mine on hers. She jumped a little at the physical contact but didn't pull away. A good sign, I hoped. "Janine, I don't really have any expectations. I really don't."

She glanced up ever so briefly then looked back down.

I had to do it. Shit. I already felt guilty, more and more guilty by the minute, for having watched her most intimate, private moments. I pulled my hand back and took a deep breath. "Janine, I...I have to level with you."

Now she looked up.

"A few weeks ago I was struck by lightning." Her eyes went wide. "I was very lucky to survive. Ever since then, I've been...different."

"Different how?" She was looking at me now. I finally could see her eyes and they were a lovely soft brown.

"Remember what I said about computers talking to me?"

The look on her face had changed. It started out as concerned, then curious, but now it was just guarded. I sighed. "I wasn't kidding. That wasn't a metaphor. I can see wireless networks. All I have to do is think about it and I can read what's on someone's phone or computer. I could watch a streaming movie without a TV or a computer."

"What the...wait..." she trailed off. "That's impossible." The timid little librarian was gone. For the first time, I saw her fully engaged and it turned her from girl-next-door-pretty to radiant. Once she let her personality out, she was beautiful.

"That's what I would have said. Do you have your phone on you?" She pulled it out of her pocket. It buzzed. I watched as she read the text message. Her eyes got huge.

"'This is Mike. I'm sitting across from you and we're having coffee together. I sent this without any phone, Janine.' What the...?" she trailed off again.

"Wait. You said you needed to level with me," she said. Now there was something that was either rage or terror on her face.

Now it was my turn to look down. "I can read anything—anything—on anyone's computer. Or their phone. Or a tablet. Whatever. I can read electronics like a book without having to touch them. I have no idea how this works, what happened to me, or what I'm truly capable of doing, but..." And it was my turn to trail off.

She wasn't stupid. "Were you...have you looked at my computer?" she whispered.

I glanced up and managed to summon the spine to meet her eyes. They were rimmed with tears. "Janine, I'm sorry...I can turn on webcams and the indicator light won't come on."

Now her eyes gotreallywide. "Did you...did you watch what I do with my laptop?"

I could only nod. "That's private! How could you do that to me!?" she sobbed. She gathered herself a little bit and stood. "I have to leave."

"Janine, please let me explain—"

"I think that you've said quite enough!" She spun on her heels, all trace of that mousy girl long gone.

"I want to do the things to you that you want done to you!" I rushed out, but she just nodded her head no and stormed out, slamming the door behind her.

Fuck.

It was a week before I bumped into her again. At the mailbox, of course.

Nobody else was around. "Can I talk to you, please?" I asked softly.

The mouse evaporated again. Her glare was withering. "What." It wasn't a question.

I was stumped. "Uh...did you hear the last thing I said to you?"

She rolled her eyes. "I did. What makes you think that I would let you after what you did to me?"

Looking at the floor again. Me, this time. "I don't know, but I know that I get lonely and I never see you bring anyone home, not even a boyfriend or anything, no friends at all or anything and I thought that you seemed nice if a little too quiet but you seemed so lonely and when I realized how much we have in common, I thought..." I rambled.

"You thought what." Again, not a question.

"That we should get to know each other!" Now I looked up. "Janine, I've seen...you...and you are beautiful." She squinted at me and drew her head back slightly.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, we both know the...circumstances. But," I lowered my voice even though we were the only two people in the foyer, "you have an amazing body and you seem very sweet and I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm pretty sure I have a crush on you. I can't stop thinking about you and what it would be like to just go to dinner with you or sit down and watch a movie or whatever, I don't care, I just want to—to get to know you!" I gushed. "I'm sorry, you got me flustered."

She didn't say anything for a long time; she just studied my face. Eventually I couldn't take it and looked at the floor again.

"How much of my stuff have you seen?"

"Enough to know the kind of things that you like. Which...videos you watch, the stories you read and the ones you write—you're really good, too—and...I've seen what you do while you watch what you watch."

Another long, pregnant pause.

It was another Saturday morning, about eleven. "I'm going to give you this one chance to explain everything. I want that cup of coffee. There's no reason that I should even talk to you ever again but I'm going to give you this one chance. You have to tell me everything."

My heart was pounding. It took me a second to fully assimilate what it was she had just said. "...Really?"

"Get going before I change my mind," was her only response.

"You got it," I said, fumbling for my keys and walking quickly to my apartment door. My heart was hammering and my stomach was in knots.

She closed it behind her as I headed for the coffee maker. Thankfully I still had half a pot left. I almost broke the mug that I got for her since I was rushing so badly. I managed to pull off some kind of half-ninja move and save it. I glanced over at her quickly and she seemed rather impressed.

The mugs of coffee were set out, half-and-half and sugar presented to her. She took her time, apparently enjoying the control she had of the situation. I found that to be ironic, considering both of our tastes, but I had acquired enough wisdom to know to not say a damn thing. At the moment.

"So what else haven't you told me?" She was clearly furious but for some reason was giving me a chance to explain myself.

I still kept my voice low. "I've got a pretty good idea of what you have in your toybox, what you fantasize about, and that you're very submissive. I've seen you look at erotic hypnosis sites. But you seem scared of it. I've seen you go not quite far enough with self-bondage to be satisfying and I think it's probably because you're scared of misjudging." I had rushed it all, eager to be done.

I glanced up at her. Her face was a bright crimson. But she met my eyes. There was still in this woman. "Anything else?"

Here we go. "Yeah, one thing...I 'heard' your laptop come up after I invited you over for coffee and took a look. I heard you...you said my name as you...um...took care of things," I finished lamely. After she didn't say anything for a few seconds, I continued, "But I have a common first name, so—"

"No, it was your name," she countered. Suddenly I was sitting across my kitchen table from Janine, the Ice Queen. Curiouser and curiouser. "Yes. You're right. I'm extremely submissive. I want to be tied up. I want to be taken and controlled and taken care of. Pain turns me on. I have a lot of sex toys. I watch a lot of porn. And I masturbate a lot. Once, yes, I was fantasizing about you. The idea of erotic hypnosis is amazing but it scares the hell out of me so I keep coming back to it and leaving. But since you took away all of my defenses, here I am explaining my deepest and darkest desires to someone I barely fucking know!"

Well, I certainly had no counter to that. But I didn't need one. "No, I don't really bring anyone over. My parents are both dead. I'm an only child. I don't really talk to the rest of my family. I haven't had a boyfriend since I was in college." Her voice was wavering and when I looked up I saw tears streaming down her cheeks. "I fantasize a lot and play video games, and I think I have an okay figure but I don't know why, the idea of showing anyone my body is terrifying and I...I..." Janine broke down. She simply wept, a sound that even with her voice, a sound I normally found cute, sounded forlorn.

I was misting up a little. "Janine...I'm...I'm sorry."

She sniffled. She was still pissed. "Don't!" she said when I tried to lay my hand on hers again, again for comfort. "Don't fucking touch me. Christ, I have no idea what I was thinking in talking to you," she said, sounding utterly miserable.

"I'm glad you did. I'm so sorry for invading your privacy like that, but I still stand by what I said: you're beautiful. You are very, very desirable."

There was no response. But she did look up. The crying slowed, then stopped. With a deep sniffle, she asked, "So what reason do I have to keep talking with you? I thought about calling the cops, but there's no way they'd believe me if I told them what you've showed me you can do. So tell me: why should I talk to you after this?"

I thought long and hard about my answer. Eventually I said, "Because you deserve some happiness and I thought I could help with that, even if it's just for a little while. And I still believe that. And I want to get to know you, that's never changed. Everything else that I know about you is just...icing on the cake." I sighed deeply, fully expecting her to not say another word and storm out.

But she didn't. "That's everything, isn't it."

"Yeah," I said, still staring holes into the table.

"I'm going to give you a chance to try what you were talking about," Janine said softly after another long pause.

I jerked my head up. "Wait. The instant you try to pull anything before I'm ready, you're gone. Understand?"

I could only nod. She was giving me a chance!

"So don't pull anything." Hearing her issue a threat in that small voice was incredibly cute.

"I'm taking you very seriously, but you're not good at being menacing," I admitted with a smile.

She rolled her eyes and I thought that I caught a hint of a smile touch her (ever so kissable) lips. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves, okay?"

I finally managed a smile. "Deal. So...now what?"

She thought for a moment. "Well, you talked about happiness. My happiness. What did you have in mind?"

I swallowed hard. What was it about this woman that was getting to me? "A date."

"A date."

"Yeah."

"Where?"

Good question. "I hadn't gotten that far," I admitted.

Now she smiled and it wasn't the timid, mousy one I saw the other day. This was a full 1000-kilowatt smile. It almost took my breath away. "That's...cute."

I took a deep breath. "I've never seen you smile that way before, it's...gorgeous."

She blushed and looked away, turning an even deeper red than when I was listing off her deepest sexual kinks. "You can't mean that," she said softly, back in her shell.

"Janine," I said. I waited for her to look back up. "I really mean it. You're beautiful."

I didn't think it was possible but she somehow blushed deeper. "But I'm not..." I heard her whisper. That was followed by another sniffle.

"Hey, you really are," I told her, taking her hand. She didn't draw away or even jump. She actually sighed as if she liked it. Now she was really crying.

I got up and walked over to stand by her, then knelt down and put an arm around her shoulder. "I don't know why you're crying but I like you and I think you're very pretty."

I didn't expect her to throw her arms around me and just start sobbing. "Shhhh..." was all I could say and stroke her...very soft...and very fragrant hair. It was like hundreds of strands of silk, or better yet, satin. It was wavy and I wagered with myself right there that if she took some time to fiddle with it, it would look amazing.

After a solid five minutes, she stopped and released her tight grip on me. Immediately the shell went back on. "I'm sorry," she snuffled.

With tenderness I put my fingers under her chin and tilted her head back up so that she was looking in my eyes. I took her glasses off. Wow! Those things had to go; even red from bawling, her eyes were stunning. "You don't have anything to be sorry for. Sometimes we all need someone's shoulder to cry on."

"Yeah," she whispered, husky. Then she looked back down. That was going to take some time to get used to. Hopefully I wouldn't have to, but time would tell.

I gently squeezed her shoulder and got her a box of tissues. As she dabbed her nose, I started to ask something but was interrupted by a decidedly unladylike "HONNNNNK!" as she blew her nose.

It broke the tension. I fell apart, cracking up harder than I had in a while. Once I had recovered, I saw her chuckling in spite of herself. "Sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I just wasn't expecting that, that's all." She flashed that shy-little-girl grin again. "So what do you like to do? That way I know what I can ask you out on a date."

The next smile was a little closer to the real one that melted my heart. "I dunno, I like to...just kind of...hang out. I guess."

"Well, that's not a real big help!" I laughed.

"I guess not."

"What's your favorite kind of food?" She mentioned a very good local pizza place. One of my favorites. "Why don't we head down there, grab a bite, and then we can watch a movie, if you want. I can take you to a theater, or I guess we could just watch something here."

She seemed to tear up a little. "That sounds great."

"Excellent! Um...tonight?"

She looked slightly panicked. She put her glasses back on and I groaned internally. "You want to go out tonight?"

I chuckled. "Yeah, I do. I don't have any plans; do you?"

"Well, no, I just..."

"Janine." I took one of her hands in mine. She looked up. "You don't have to, I'm just excited. Aren't you?"

"Yeah, of course, but I'm—well, I'm scared. I haven't had good luck in the past, and..."

I kissed her hand. "We can go as fast or as slow as you want."

She did tear up again. "Okay. We can go tonight."

"Six sound good?"

The real smile appeared and took my breath away. "Sure." She looked at the clock. "I have to go get ready," she said and rushed out.

I was left laughing.

The afternoondragged.I managed to hold back from observing anything electronic that wasn't mine. I finally started getting ready around four, way too soon. I was showered and dressed by five. The minutes felt ten times longer. At a quarter of, I jumped at the knock on the door.

Could it be her?

"Wow," I breathed. It was Janine. I didn't know that she had contacts but the mousy glasses were gone. Her hair was carefully done, and it was radiant. She was wearing a subtle application of makeup except for her lips. She was wearing very glossy lipstick that was somewhere between pink and red and looked amazing.

She was wearing a dark v-neck sweater that showed just a hint of her cleavage but managed to not hang off of her like a tent and show that there was actually a woman under the fabric. On the bottom were stonewashed Levi's that hugged her shapely legs...and she had luscious hips, too! "Who are you and what have you done with my neighbor?" I breathed.