Wishing on a Star

Story Info
Science helps to make your wishes come true.
7.7k words
3
17.4k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Science helps to make your wishes come true.

The mind control of wishing and wishing upon a star, somewhere over the rainbow is already here.

Are you tired of mind control that doesn't work most times for most people? Have you been making a wish and wishing upon a star? Don't fret because now science can create the perfect love formula to make your romantic dreams come true, whatever they are.

Our parents controlled our minds, as soon as we were old enough to understand what they were saying. They told us to wish for the things and for the toys that we wanted. They controlled our minds by making us believe in things that didn't exist, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and even the Boogie Man. Believing in all of those things, mind control was alive and well in my house.

Mind control started early with humankind. Only, for the most part, it started with Madison Avenue selling things in the fifties and sixties. With marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, special promotions, and all of us being abused and bombarded by millions of radio and television commercials, and now with the Internet flashing ads at our eyes, the control we gave up of our minds, as children, to our parents, never ended, as adults, to commercial interruptions.

This is a story about the oldest form of mind control, making a wish and wishing upon a star. Knowing full well, as an adult, that we don't have a hope and a prayer of getting our wish, nonetheless, because of the mind control our parents reinforced over our early childhood development, we continue wishing for the things that we want as an adult. We can't help ourselves. Why not? It doesn't cost us anything to wish for something or for someone who we want. We never know. We just may be one of the lucky ones and get our wish. It happens and if you don't wish, you don't get. Yet, God forbid our wish comes true, then believing that we can just wish for something else and get whatever it is we wished for, we're hooked for life.

Hope springs eternal writes Alexander Pope in his poem.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

Wishin' and a hopin' never hurt no one. For those of you who are in the dark about the difference between making a wishing and wishing upon a star, they are two very different concepts. Wishing is when blowing out the candles of your birthday cake.

"Surprise! Happy Birthday, Freddie! Make a wish and blow out your candles."

"I wish I were younger and all the women, who are now present with me in the room and are over the age of 18 and under the age of 65 were naked."

"Gees, Freddie, you wish for that every year and it never comes true. Now put your clothes back on and blow out your candles."

Wishing is when you mindlessly think in passing of all the things that happen and/or that you'd wish would happen, as you go about your day.

I wish he'd go away. I wish she'd stop talking. I wish he or she was dead. I wish I didn't have to go to work today. I wish my car would start. I wish I hadn't done that or said that. I wish a big gush of wind would blow up her skirt and flash me her panties. I wish her bikini top would pop off and show me her tits. I wish I was taller, thinner, richer, stronger, smarter, and had a bigger cock or bigger tits. Notice that I didn't write that I wish I had a bigger cock and bigger tits. That's an entirely different story for the transsexual and transgender category.

Wishing upon a star is, by far, the more powerful of wishes. It has to be to reach its final distant destination. Wishing upon a star is when you look up to the sky, pick a star, and make your wish. Magically, your wish skyrockets from your mind on planet Earth into the sky and past the troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, exosphere, ionosphere, and past the inner and outer Van Allen belts away from Earth's gravitational pull to the nearest star, 4.3 light-years or 5,865,696,000,000 times 4.3 = 25,222,492,800,000 miles away. Wow! Amazing, isn't it?

That wishing on a star stuff is really powerful. Perhaps, the only thing that is more powerful is prayer. Prayers have much further to travel than to the nearest star. Oh, yeah, they do; they really do. Prayers must travel to the end of outer space, back in time, and all the way to the beginning of the big bang. I realize it may be a difficult concept to understand, but if you're rocketing through space fast enough to get where you need to go in the time you need to get there, you must travel faster than the speed of light. There's the rub, in traveling faster than the speed of light, you're actually traveling backwards and going back in time. Weird, huh?

Only instead of rocketing up to the stars, fortunately, prayers have a pipeline straight to Heaven. Otherwise, prayers would never reach their final distant destination in time. It's just too far. Prayers have to travel past the furthest star, past outer space and into the Heavens where God is sitting there doing nothing but waiting for your personal prayer to arrive. I know, and you thought He was busy.

Now, so as to not offend those who are religious, notice that I didn't place prayer and praying with making a wish and wishing on a star. I needed to make that distinction, so the holy rollers don't boycott my web site and ban reading my story in, where else, in Boston. Although one has nothing to do with the other, when you think about it, both wishing and prayers have the same hoped for final result. The power of prayer, for those who are religious transcends any earthly power, even Michael Jordan, who thinks he's a God, is no match for prayer. Go figure. I never knew he was a God, until he told all of us he was, at his Hall of Fame acceptance speech. Some ego, huh? I thought he was just a great basketball player, now retired.

Hey, I'm not a fool. I'm hedging all my bets, just in case there is a God, in case there is Heaven, and especially in case, there is a Hell. I don't want to piss anyone off, especially God.

I imagine those who are religious pray, wish, and wish upon a star for what they want, whereas the rest of us non-believers, that is not to write that I am a non-believer, only have wishing and wishing upon a star at our disposal. Non-believers don't have the power of prayer working in their favor. Those of us, who are non-believers, may be at a disadvantage against those who believe in God and who not only pray but also wish and wish upon a star. Nonetheless, most times, the three seem to go hand in hand, praying, wishing, and wishing upon a star.

Before we get started on our trip to the stars, I want to hear from those of you who prayed, made a wish for, and/or wished upon a star for things, especially from those who got their prayers answered and wishes granted. With the advent of a new year, 'tis the season, after all, of goodwill to men and to woman, and miracles. We can't forget about miracles. E-mail me or leave a public comment at the end of this story to Reverend Freddie.

I'm especially eager to hear from those people who won the mega lottery jackpot prize. Tell me your secret to winning the lottery. Did you recite a special prayer over and again? Or was it in the way in which you wished? What was it that targeted the lucky laser scope of the lottery on your fortunate ass?

Usually, we wish for the good health of someone else, the health of our child, after an accident or the health of a parent, after an illness. What did you wish for, what happened, and how did you feel, after you got your wish? Or worse, how did you feel when your prayers weren't answered and/or you did not get your wish. That's where faith steps in to stop you from questioning God's reasoning. Now, grab your favorite beverage, relax and let's get started.

Of course, you all remember Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz playing Dorothy. Boy, much like it's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed, we can watch that movie a hundred times and never tire of watching it, kind of, not really, not at all. I'm so sick of those movies and that song. Of course, you all remember the song that made Judy Garland famous, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E. Y. Harburg. Enough already, but here again, it is, in brevity, one more time.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high. There's a land that I heard of, once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true. Someday I'll wish upon a star, and wake up where the clouds are far behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops. That's where you'll find me."

Yeah, even little Dorothy back then in 1939 was wishing upon a star. Only, you have to hope that her wish wasn't for Mickey Rooney, when he played Andy Hardy. That poor woman was surrounded by munchkins. When you think about it, though, look what all that wishing upon a star got her, a wonderful singing and movie career, loads of money, five failed marriages, alcohol and drug dependency, rehab and eventually death from her ruined health. Rest in peace Dorothy, I mean, Judy. "Follow the yellow brick road."

Do you remember Walt Disney's character Jiminy Cricket performed by Cliff Edwards? A city kid, Boston born and raised, who thought the country was anywhere with trees, I was 11-years-old, before I realized that crickets didn't talk. Hey, what did I know, it was the fifties? I was naive.

I remember when my father stepped on a cricket and I was certain that he killed Jiminy, until I saw him on television that night. Boy, what a relief that was. Nonetheless, I still felt bad that one of Jiminy's relatives was squashed beneath my Dad's big foot.

Anyway, the Wonderful World of Disney was the last program that I was allowed to stay up and watch before my bedtime on Sunday nights. Jiminy was famous for getting us all to wish upon a star to make our dreams come true. Only, to be honest, not one of my wishes ever came true. Ned Washington was the one who wrote the lyrics.

"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme. When you wish upon a start, as dreamers do. Fate is kind. She brings to those who love the sweet fulfillment of their secret longing. Like a bolt out of the blue fate steps in and sees you through. When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true."

Now, everyone, Rose Royce, Jordin Sparks, Beyonce Knowles, and Jay-Z have their own version of the song, "Wishing On A Star." Only, their songs aren't nearly the same and not nearly as powerful than when Jiminy, that cute little cricket dressed in a suit and top hat, made us all believe all we had to do was to wish on a friggin' star. If he was here right now, I'd stomp on him and squish him into the ground, after spending my life wishing on a star and never, ever getting my wish.

"I'm wishing on a star to follow where you are. I'm wishing on a dream to follow what it means. And I'm wishing on the rainbows that I see. I'm wishing on the people who really dream. And I'm wishing on tomorrow rains never come. And I'm wishing on the other things we never done."

Wishing and wishing upon a star is nothing new and continues to give those who need it the hope to continue, the determination to persevere, and the ability to believe that miracles can and do happen. When I was a kid, I believed that making a wish and wishing upon a star worked. Then, again, when I was a kid, I believed in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and the Boogie Man. I believed that good prevails over evil with the easily identified good guys wearing white hats and bad guys wearing black hats, and to trust those in authority because they have your best interest at heart.

"Bless me, Father, for I have sinned..."

Yeah, we all know what happens next, when the priests tells you to get down on your knees.

I'd look up at the sky every night, picked a star, and make my wish. Even though I wished for the same things, closing my eyes tighter, and concentrating harder to make my wishes reach the stars faster and ahead of all the other wishes from all the other needy kids, I never got my wishes: a Lionel train, a Flexi-flyer sled, a kiss from Marguerite, and my own room that I didn't have to share with my younger brother. Still, that didn't stop me from wishing and wishing upon a star the next night and the night after that and even today, while playing the lottery.

"What's the number?"

After more than fifty freaking years of making wishes and wishing upon a star, I still can't win the lottery. What the Hell? I don't know, maybe it has to do with the design of my roof. Perhaps, if I had a flat roof instead of a slanted one, one that had a skylight, I'd get my wish. Maybe with the slanted roof, my wish goes off in a different direction. I even tried standing on the roof and I'm surprised I haven't fallen off my roof. Maybe, it would work better if I had a tile roof instead of a slate roof. I don't know. And, now that I think of it and am on the subject of it, I wish I had all those coins that I threw in fountains over the years back in my pocket. I'd be a rich man today.

"Star light, star bright, the first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight."

C'mon, be honest, how many of you still look up at the star filled sky and make your wish? Okay, I admit it. I still wish upon a star, only now I make more adult appropriate wishes. My first wish is to grant me more wishes, a million wishes. Hey, I'm no fool. How much good is one wish going to do me, anyway, especially when I'd have to pay income taxes on whatever I got? Yeah, you got that right. My second wish is wishing for a tax exemption.

Yeah, sure, after wasting some wishes on health, happiness, family, and friends, I start wishing for the good stuff, a blue Ferrari 612 Scaglietti with red leather seats, a huge home furnished and decorated on the ocean in southern California, Cameron Diaz in my bed naked, horny, in the mood without a headache or her period, and in love with me, and enough money that my great, great, great grandchildren will never have to work a day in their spoiled, rotten, miserable lives.

"Mother, how did great, great, great grandfather get all this money? Was it Middle Eastern oil, blood diamonds, serving the public as a thieving public servant or did he own a prescription drug company and gouge the poor for the medications that they needed to stay not only healthy but also alive?"

"He wished upon a star."

"Wow!"

"Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are?" Yet, instead of "what you are", humor me and substitute the words "where you are," since that phrase is more appropriately befitting this story.

"Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder where you are?" Where is the person of your love? Let's try another version of that again. "Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder who you are?" Who is the person of your love?

In case you were wondering with all the text about making a wish and wishing upon a star, this story is about making a wish and wishing upon a star for love, romance, and sex. Ah, now, we're talking and now I got your interest haven't I? Now you're curious about this story aren't you and want to see where I am going with it. And you thought it was just going to be about making a wish on a cloud of matter composed of 91.2% hydrogen and 8.7% helium with the remaining 0.1% contents composed of trace elements of oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, silicon, magnesium, neon, iron, and sulfur. "Ha!" How foolish of you to think that. After reading some of my other stories, you should know better.

Yes, I know you're sitting there with your cock or vibrator in your hand waiting for the sexual parts and I can assure you that they will follow soon, only please be patient. I promise to reward your patience with enough sex to make it worth the wait. C'mon, think about it, you have to have an introduction before you can have sex with someone. I don't know about you, but I would never walk up to a woman, who I just met and expect sex.

"Hi, how are you? I'm Freddie. Okay, enough of the pleasantries. I'm done with the chitchat. Take off your clothes. I want to fuck you now."

"Police!"

First, we must have conversation, a date or two or more and a romantic connection, before we find ourselves intimate and in bed, on the coffee table, under the kitchen table, or on the grass in the public park with someone.

"Freddie, giving me a ride home from work yesterday, having lunch together today, Dutch, I might add, at McDonalds, of all cheap places, and bumping into me at the Mall does not constitute three dates. We are not dating. We are not boyfriend and girlfriend. And no, for the last time, I will not have sex with you. Get up off your knees, please; people think you are proposing to me. And for God's sakes, please put on your clothes. Aren't you cold?"

We don't know with whom we will fall in love with or where and when it will materialize. We all go through life in a daze waiting for something to happen, waiting for lightning to strike, hoping to hear music, a symphony, a melody, a jingle, our song, and to feel goose bumps with the magic of the moonlight, the sunrise, the sunset, the dim light from the street light, or from your cell phone, while waiting for Hell to freeze over, before we find that special person of our dreams.

"Gees! Angelina Jolie is already taken, but Pamela Anderson just filed for divorce, again. Come to think of it, now that Elizabeth Taylor is old and infirmed, I may have a better chance bedding her, if only she would answer my fan mail."

Only it never works out that way and always, unless we want to be alone and lonely for the rest of our lives, we must settle for someone who is less than we had hoped and imagined.

"Yes, well, he's not that bad looking and he has a good job," you say hoping to convince yourself in preparation to settle for someone less.

"Yes, well, she's not that bad looking and she swallows," you say hoping to convince yourself in preparation to settle for someone less.

Yet, what if we didn't have to settle? No pun intended, allow me to illuminate our little twinkling star. What if science could remove the mystery of romance, love, and sex? Do I dare write; what if we could choose our intended beloved? That's right. What if you could thumb through People's Magazine or Playboy or Hank's Hardware, Dry Goods, and Farm Animal catalog, and pick the one you want. Shocking, I know, but humor me. What if we could? Imagine the possibilities. Think about it, who would you pick? C'mon, let your imagination run wild. The little woman or big guy is out in the other room. This is just between me and you and the millions, the thousands, the hundreds, the couple of people who will read this story.

Moreover, imagine this, what if you never had to wish for anything ever again? Think about the ramifications of that scenario. One day, soon, in the not too distance future, you will only have to think about whatever it is you want to receive it. Yet, that's another story. In the meantime, let's focus on romance, love, and my favorite topic, sex.

Is there someone who you dream about? Who is it? C'mon, tell me. Don't be shy, there's only me and you here...along with a couple of our Literotica friends. Is it Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie or who is it?

Is there someone who you yearn to have a romantic relationship with that culminates with love, marriage, and children? You wonder what your children would look like with him as their father or with her as their mother. You already have names for them, don't you? You already know where you will Honeymoon and where you will live. You've already imagined the perfect life with that perfect special someone, your fantasy favorite, 'till death do you part, returning your affection, wanting your intimacy, and telling you they love you.