With Help from Michael O'Leary Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He continued his collection at home decorating his walls with rosy cheeked, redheaded children that any mother would love to call her own and with weathered, wrinkled faces of the elderly who he imagined boasted about their grandchildren. For the starkness of their reality, he preferred black and white portraits to color portraits. Forever haunted by the faces of the countless generations who had witnessed hatred, poverty, death, and destruction, he never wanted to forget his reasons for wanting to involve himself. He never wanted to forget his reasons for caring.

Chapter 45 "I Can Help You."

Always available, as was his mentor, Mr. McCarthy, to give his smiling hello, to listen to a complaint, and to voice his opinion about an issue, Michael knew every customer by name rather than by account number. As did Mr. McCarthy, he waved to his customers who walked by the windows of the bank on their way to work in the morning or during their lunches in the afternoon. As a priest would shepherd his flock and listen to the confessions of his devoted followers, he availed himself to helping his customers not only financially but, also, emotionally, as well as spiritually. This time, he had a free hand to help the ones who he loved and who needed his help. This time, he was there for good and for their benefit.

Instead of asking his customers, "How may I help you?" as he did when he worked at Neighborhood Bank in South Boston and continued to do so when he worked at Earth Bank in the North End, he replaced the question with a statement, instead, instructing his staff to say "I can help you."

"Good morning, Mrs. Sullivan. I can help you."

"How are you, Mr. Foley? I can help you."

Good morning, Mrs. O'Reilly. I can help you."

"Hi, Mrs. Duffy, I can help you."

"Hello, Mr. Shea. I can help you."

Michael's staff serviced their South Boston banking customers at O'Leary Savings and Loan in quick succession taking more time with one whenever his or her transaction required. Now, the help that they offered them was the help that they wanted and needed, he believed.

  • COMMENTS
1 Comments
bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Dissapointing chapter

Boston you had a great start in the story up to chapter 8 then Michael gets all that money from Ralphy then Michael goes to gabriella and then on this chapter he marries gabriella then its like he stuffs her in a closet with a gag in her mouth you dont hear anything from her what happened why turn the whole story upside down ?it was going great then this Michael throws it all away like Ralphy did for notary recogition to be famous among bostons finest my dad was from Quincy he saw boston in the hard days during the depression in the 30s he said it was hell then so why turn it all around without gabriella in the story did she leave Michael for someone else?

Pat

Share this Story

Similar Stories

She Blamed it on my PTSD Loving wife destroys her husband.in Loving Wives
Fucking the Spider-Verse - Pt. 01 A variant of Peter Parker travels to Universe 669.in Celebrities & Fan Fiction
Problem Solving A long tale about solving problems in my life.in Romance
Laura's Cardinal Ch. 01 The power of love.in Romance
Quaranteam - AU Ch. 01 Aussie soldier learns what it means to Quaranteam.in Mind Control
More Stories