Without You I Have Nothing Ch. 07

Story Info
A fairy tale date.
2.4k words
4.75
20.3k
5
0

Part 7 of the 32 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 11/02/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JAScooter
JAScooter
115 Followers

Saturday arrived after a week of hectic rehearsals.

Growing even closer to Jennifer, wanting her so much it hurt, Peter could not help walking around with a huge grin on his face as he wondered how Jennifer was coping. His thoughts showed his plans were falling into place.

In the taxi, he began muttering to himself.

"It's so naughty of me not to tell her but it will be so delicious to see the surprise on her face."

Sitting in the barber's chair, he waited for a shave and haircut. He knew that he had to look his best.

Across town, with beauticians hovering over her, Jennifer was perplexed,

"Peter can be a real bugger," she said to herself in a most unlady-like manner. She had two girls giving her a manicure - including false nails - two giving her a pedicure and yet another giving her hair a rinse 'to bring out the highlights', so they told Jennifer.

The beauticians creamed her face and her neck. They gave her shoulders even more intense treatment and didn't allow Jennifer to touch a thing. They even applied her make-up meticulously.

By four o'clock, they were satisfied and, with hair piled high on her head in the manner of regency, she was travelling in the limousine to the next stop of the day -- a very expensive-looking boutique.

The owner met Jennifer at the entrance and led her inside to displays of expensive evening gowns and accessories that were even more expensive.

"Ah, Miss Blake, you look beautiful. Let me see what I have for you."

By 6.30, after hours of dressing Jennifer in various evening gowns he seemed satisfied and moved onto the next item on his list. He asked Jennifer, "Have you done as Mr. Peter required and brought the diamonds?"

Unable to speak, Jennifer nodded, opened her purse and handed them to the owner who hung the necklace around her neck and pinned the earrings to her ears.

"Oh, before I forget. This is a gift from Mr. Peter who said it is yours as a thank you for being his escort for the night."

He clipped a diamond tiara to Jennifer's hair before leading her to a full-length mirror.

Unbelieving, Jennifer stared at her reflection showing the transformation that had been wrought.

The green silk ball gown was just the right color for her and the diamonds seemed to accentuate the fire in her eyes. She knew that she would enjoy dancing in those green slippers. Smiling she projected her thoughts into the mirror. 'What had Peter said about Cinderella? Well, bring on the Pumpkin Coach.'

The limousine was no longer empty as Jennifer carefully walked down the steps from the shop. Peter was standing holding the door open, his face a picture of awe.

"Jennifer, thank you so much. Thank you for tonight -- a night to treasure."

Her silk gown dipped low from her shoulders and seemed to hang there by the strength of will power alone. Her waist was emphasized as the gown flared over her hips. The touch of lace at the bodice snuggled warmly against the silken pillows of her breasts heightening the regal rise of her neck. Gleaming in Jennifer's auburn hair, swept up to pile high on her head, was the tiara while the diamonds glittering at her neck seemed to set her green eyes ablaze. The earrings were just the balance needed.

Jennifer was surprised that Peter didn't attempt to touch her or kiss her and, when she sat, he didn't try to sit beside her but sat opposite. He said nothing but his eyes told her a complete story of his devotion and his belief in her beauty.

Eventually, the limousine stopped and the chauffeur opened the door. Peter alighted to turn and help Jennifer step out into the forecourt of the Sydney Opera House.

She paused to study Peter anew. In white tie and tails, he looked so elegant. Taking his proffered arm, she leant into his ear.

"You're so handsome, my frog prince, so very handsome you've won Cinderella's heart."

Slowly they climbed the long flight of red-carpeted steps and turned to walk across the foyer to the restaurant. Flash after flash of news cameras hindered their progress and Peter tried to appear inconspicuous.

With their incessant questions, reporters swooped on Jennifer while completely ignoring Peter.

Laughing nervously and smiling, she answered their questions while Peter allowed her the limelight until, tiring of the attention, she tightened her grip on his arm and they were ushered to their table overlooking the harbor.

Jennifer leant across the table, her hand in Peter's.

"You scrub up well. I hardly recognized you in the formal wear." Her smile told him she was teasing.

"I had to scrub up particularly well to match your beauty."

"Peter," Jennifer was suddenly shy, "Will you kiss me, please?"

Peter slowly rose to his feet. Moving to her side and bending low, he cupped her chin in his hand. He kissed her gently, trying not to smear her lipstick.

"You can do better than that," Jennifer laughed and her hand snaked into his hair and pulled him hard into her open mouth. Flash bulbs almost blinded Peter as he stood breathlessly trying to re-gather his wits.

The passion in her kiss almost consumed him.

Smiling broadly, Jennifer reminded him of their acting as he regained his seat.

"Come, a kiss to seal the bargain. I owed you that."

Dinner over, Peter led Jennifer to their seats.

"Please sit on my right, Jennifer. That seat has always been vacant but tonight I have the most beautiful woman possible sitting with me. You know what makes it even better? She wants to be with me." He squeezed her hand.

The lights dimmed and the orchestra struck up. The potpourri of tunes from Die Fledermaus made Jennifer's feet tap and she clung to Peter as the opera progressed. At the end of Act One Peter escorted Jennifer from her seat around to the stage door where the number of people who knew him astonished Jennifer. He led her to the side of the stage where they stood, in the wings with a crowd of couples all attired in evening dress. Peter put his arm around her as if he were about to dance with her.

Suddenly the opening bars of 'Dui Du' struck up.

Jennifer felt the pressure of Peter's hand in the center of her back as he turned her, unresisting, towards him and took up her other hand. In one smooth move, he whirled her into the waltz, her feet following his as he swept her out onto the stage. Effortlessly, they seemed to be moving perfectly in time with the dancers around them. Peter and Jennifer had become part of the opera chorus.

Peter had never waltzed this way with any woman.

In this, his first glide onto the stage with Jennifer in his arms, he enjoyed the pure joy of dancing with this wonderful young woman he loved. Yes, with his mind he had thought long and hard of the word love and of Jennifer. Now, with Jennifer so close to him, the music swelling and the opera chorus swirling around them, his body was responding with strong reactions he had hitherto repressed.

Every ounce of his body focused on her. Above the strains of the orchestra and despite the singing he was conscious of her every movement, her every breath. Her essence filled his lungs and his whole body filled with his love of her.

He was intoxicated with this woman as he danced. His arms held her tighter and tighter as if he was terrified she would flee.

He was desperate to keep her for himself.

At first, Jennifer closed her eyes then she became intensely aware of every place on her body where it brushed against Peter. Her breasts tingled where they met his chest and her thighs rejoiced when they rubbed against this man of hers. His hand on her back made her body exult with the strength of his firm touch.

She looked up into Peter's eyes as they loomed closer and closer until their lips touched and they were kissing as they danced. She was oblivious of everything but then the music stopped and the wild applause started.

Dragging her head back to Peter's chest Jennifer was too terrified to look over the spotlights.

Then, slowly, the strains of the waltz gathered speed and again they were dancing and again Peter was kissing her. He felt the softness of her lips as he tenderly put his lips to hers.

The reprise seemed to slow down as if they had been dancing for hours but Peter's attention was totally on Jennifer. He wanted to hold her against him forever, to protect her. He needed to know her tenderness and love.

He admitted to himself that he wanted this feeling with her and her alone.

Returning his attention to the action around him as if knowing what to do, Peter danced her off stage before the waltz ended and they stood in the wings kissing, unmindful of the world around them, until a voice commented, "No wonder opera gets a bad name," and one of their fellow dancers laughed his way past.

Again, Peter took charge.

"Stop Peter, where are we going?"

"I saw you watching those men in their tights with those big bulges which are really socks to encourage wistful thinking by the women patrons. I thought you would like to meet some of the male dancers and find out if those bulges were real."

He couldn't help laughing at Jennifer's look of dismay.

"But just be careful - they're renowned gropers."

At the party following the performance, Peter made no comment when the male dancers vied to dance with her. Trying to push his jealousy aside, he watched Jennifer twist and twirl in their arms. Then, unable to hide his feelings any longer he broke in, smiling and taking her arm.

"This young lady is mine."

Jennifer also showed her jealousy when later she abandoned her partner to break in as one of the ballerinas was dancing far too close to her Peter.

Happy, they walked hand in hand across the forecourt of the Opera House and entered the lift to go up to Peter's apartment.

"I love the harbor lights and the hum of the city," smiled Peter as he moved to open the apartment to the clear night air.

"I know how Cinderella felt at the Ball," was Jennifer's comment as she slid the curtains back.

Peter swung the glass French doors wide open and the sounds of the ferries drew Jennifer to the balcony where she stood, grasping the rail and accepting Peter's hands on her shoulders without flinching.

She allowed Peter to unpin her hair so that it cascaded to her shoulders. With a little more boldness, Peter continued to caress her shoulders, letting his hand slip gently down the length of her arm.

He turned her and, with a "May I?" slipped an arm around her waist and they continued their waltz.

Nothing mattered - not time, not their stamina - until Jennifer lifted her head from Peter's chest and shyly, looked up at Peter.

"Can you help me? I need to change. Can you help me out of this dress?"

For once Peter was at a loss for words and turned Jennifer around. He made no comment as his trembling fingers started to work the zipper. As it slowly lowered, his lips traced a pattern of kisses across her back and his fingers joined the action dancing a light tattoo across her shoulders before gliding down her back until Jennifer started keening and moaning.

"Oh, Peter, Peter, Peter, please, please."

Peter said nothing but traced the slow downward path of the zipper with his lips. He noted that she was wearing no bra and still his lips followed the zipper's movement. At her panty line he stopped. Knowing he was at the point of no return, Peter took a deep breath and put his arms around her waist holding her safe and comforting against him. With his lips against her neck, he quietly whispered.

"I love you so very much."

Jennifer shook herself and straightened.

"I should think you do love me." Jennifer began to giggle. "What are you doing? I asked for your help. I didn't ask you to seduce me."

Her hands clutched the top of the dress to her as she ordered him about.

"You get changed too, and hang your clothes up decently. I hope to see you in them again sometime."

In casual clothes, they had supper as the sun rose and Peter took Jennifer to what was to become her bedroom.

"It's too late to take you home. Sleep here. Lock the door if you wish. Call me if you need a teddy bear to cuddle."

Jennifer reached up, pulled his head to her lips and whispered to him.

"Thank you, my prince. Thank you for a wonderful night. Cinderella must sleep before she turns into a mouse."

Kissing him lightly she entered her bedroom and closed the door.

Peter noted it was unlocked.

Late Sunday morning Peter sat at the breakfast table with piles of the Sunday editions of Sydney papers on the table. He had coffee made and a light breakfast ready for Cinderella when she awoke.

At last, his wait was over and Jennifer appeared all fresh-faced in a silk kimono that highlighted her coloring. Seeing the papers strewn on the table and glancing at the pictures on the front page she gasped.

He placed her breakfast before her and grinned at her consternation.

The heading on one paper screamed 'Melbourne beauty steals Sydney's most eligible' and the whole page had the photographs of her kissing Peter at the restaurant table. The second paper's front page showed Jennifer at the top of the Opera House steps on the arm of Peter and gave her history as head of the legal department of her company. The only reference to Peter was a single line asking who the handsome mystery man was.

"You'd better have a look at the society pages." Peter was both amused and delighted at her response.

The society pages had picture after picture of the evening headed 'Friends of the Opera Raises One Million for Children's Cancer Charity'. She found three pictures of them dancing and one even showed Peter stealing a kiss on the stage.

"Whatever will Mum think?"

"Don't worry, I'll send her six copies of the two papers." Peter could only laugh.

JAScooter
JAScooter
115 Followers