Without You I Have Nothing Ch. 13

Story Info
The illusion ends.
6.4k words
4.56
21.2k
3

Part 13 of the 32 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 11/02/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JAScooter
JAScooter
115 Followers

The phone interrupted Peter.

"You're wanted. It's urgent and I can't handle this one." Mark sounded worried.

"I'll be back in a minute." Peter tossed the words back at Jennifer and Andrew as he charged down the stairs to his office. Mark held out the phone. It was Susie calling from next door.

"Get in there and fight. I saw her enter the workshop. You know she's special, so fight for her."

"I am fighting for her, and yes, she certainly is special." Peter threw in a quick reply but Susie had ended the call before she heard his words.

With Susie's message etched into his brain Peter returned upstairs.

"What are you doing for the rest of the day, Andrew?" Peter asked casually. His tone of voice revealed that he had warmed to Andrew although he found it hard to believe that this calm, mature man was the same age as Jennifer.

"I'll be with Jennifer all day but tonight I'm free. Perhaps we could all go to Chinatown."

"No." Peter interrupted. "You're both my guests." He was going to impress Andrew who would prove a valuable ally if Peter were to win Jennifer.

"How would you both like an Indian meal such as you've never had in your life? Promise it won't burn your throat out. Alternatively, you may prefer perhaps Chinese or Thai. You decide."

"Shall we say an Indian meal?" Jennifer spoke for them both. "I'll bring Andrew around to your place at 7.30."

Enjoying her position as boss of the two men in her life, she was all smiles.

"Wait a bit and I'll check." Peter dashed down the stairs again and called Joe over. "That car you mentioned. You said it followed Andrew and Jennifer on Saturday. Is it outside, today?"

"Yes." Joe grinned, reinforcing how astute a thinker he was, as he continued, "I knew you'd want to deal with it so I have a car ready for you to drive straight out of the workshop to 'road test'. It has more than enough power to keep with the car which is following Jennifer and her brother, no matter how fast they go."

The car Joe had standing ready was an ex-police pursuit car he had purchased for re-sale. It was in the workshop for detailing.

"Good man. What would I do without you?" Peter rested his hand on Joe's shoulder for a second and they grinned at each other.

Joe always enjoyed a new challenge.

Back with Andrew and Jennifer, Peter voiced his thoughts. "Right, that's fixed." He walked with them to Jennifer's car. "See you tonight."

Immediately they left, Peter was in Joe's car following the three men who seemed to have such an interest in Jennifer and Andrew. For the remainder of the day he tailed them.

It was a strange procession. Jennifer and Andrew in her green Mini Cooper-S followed by three large men, all generously tattooed and driving a Toyota Camry, followed in turn by Peter in Joe's ex-police chase car.

From his position in the rear, Peter was well placed to observe the dynamics. When Andrew left the car, no one was interested. Whenever Jennifer left one of the tattooed men followed her, leaving Peter satisfied that they were extremely interested in only Jennifer. It was late when he finally rushed home to shower, shave and change before hustling to meet his guests.

Waiting for her outside his apartment, he watched Jennifer's car pull into the curb and noticed the strange car kill its lights before stopping further up the street.

It was still on her tail.

Jennifer didn't care that it was a crush with two big men in the Mini. She had her two men with her and was delighted. Peter gave directions and spent most of his time turning to talk with Andrew in the back while watching the headlights behind, as that strange car seemed glued to them.

At the restaurant, Jennifer handed the car keys to the car park valet.

Dressed in the uniform of one of the oldest regiments of the Indian Army, the Madras Regiment, the Indian recognized Peter as he clambered from their small car. In an instant, he drew himself to attention and threw Peter a military salute, greeting him in Tamil.

Without any hesitation, Peter snapped to attention and replied in Tamil.

Another Indian, also in the uniform of the Madras Regiment, led them to their table and he likewise saluted Peter before arranging their seating. The military bearing of the man and his crisp salute showed he was no ordinary Indian.

Jennifer wasn't surprised but her brother seemed nonplussed.

"The sahib shall sit here. Memsahib, you sit here beside the sahib, and the little sahib will sit here." The Indian held the chair for Andrew.

Jennifer couldn't help laughing at the look on her brother's face. The little sahib was shocked at his new title.

When the waitress arrived, -- all dark eyes and beautiful sari - Peter stood to place his hands together in an attitude of prayer, bowing slightly before greeting her in Tamil.

Even Jennifer was surprised - particularly as he began to talk rattle-fire Tamil while the waitress nodded her head, writing the order on her pad. As she walked away, he called, "And add three bottles of ice cold Kingfisher."

"Kingfisher?" Andrew was surprised.

"A Goan beer which is tart enough for an Indian meal," Peter replied.

"Jennifer," Andrew demanded more information, "You said this man was wonderful but you didn't say how wonderful." He laughed and patted her shoulder when, overcome by confusion, she didn't know how to answer.

The Goan Prawns, the Goan beer, indeed the whole meal was outstanding and Jennifer noticed Peter didn't bother reading the bill but merely slid notes into the waitress's hands. He seemed preoccupied and anxious to get them back into the car and away.

As Jennifer pulled into the circular driveway of his apartment block, Peter could see that mystery car still following them. He knew he would have to ask some questions.

"Give security your keys, Jennifer. They'll park the car for you and we can just go without a worry." The grimness in Peter's voice brooked no argument as he'd seen that car pull out and begin to swoop down on them.

He rushed his two guests into the foyer and they were soon in the safety of his apartment.

"What was that all about?" Jennifer seemed ill at ease.

"Ask your brother, because I believe he knows the answer. All day you've been tailed by three heavily tattooed men and they've only been interested in you, Jennifer."

Stunned, Jennifer stood open-mouthed. Staring at Peter as if unable to believe his words, slowly she began to understand his meaning. Terrified, she started trembling.

"Tonight they decided to swoop on you. Andrew - we need the answer please." Peter became decidedly rough with Andrew, pushing Andrew into a sofa where he looked most uncomfortable as Peter, scowling fiercely, stood over him.

Jennifer tried to intervene but Peter whirled on her.

"Shut up, Jennifer. Stop carrying on like some teenage virgin who can only giggle and talk about boys."

Ashen, Jennifer sank into the lounge. Shaken, she was unable to comprehend why Peter would be so offensive to her.

Moving to sit beside Jennifer, Andrew began.

"Ah, well, I do believe I owe you an explanation." Placing an arm around Jennifer's shoulder to console her he turned to her as if asking her permission to continue. "Jennifer, I must tell him what happened after that ball."

Ignoring her confusion, he continued. "We need his help. No one else can help us and I believe he is the man to assist us."

"What help? I don't understand. Who are these tattooed men?" Jennifer began interrogating her brother.

Peter interrupted her questions.

"Ah, stop all this bloody crap." Peter was infuriated. "Just tell me what's going on.'

Glaring at Jennifer, who was still extremely upset, Peter dismissed her from his mind for the moment. He turned back to Andrew.

"Now explain, because I'm completely out of patience. There's so much I just don't understand. Jennifer carries on as if I'm going to ravish her nearly every time I touch her, or goes all cold whenever she believes I am getting too close. She runs hot and cold like a Sahara Sandstorm off the Antarctica ice shelf.

Peter was pacing the floor in front of them, gesticulating to emphasize each point.

"These men - who are they? Explain now. What's going on?" Staring at Andrew, Peter paused for his answer.

He ignored Jennifer's sobs and words, "I didn't realize but really I don't feel cold towards you."

Annoyed by her sniveling, Peter barked, "Jennifer, go into the other room if you wish, but don't interrupt. We have to resolve this now. What's the bloody problem?"

As if gaining strength from each other, the brother and sister were now holding hands. Sighing, Andrew began his story.

"Something happened when Jennifer was 17 and she'd been to the school's end-of-year formal. I'd been to cricket practice. Having had a few illegal beers, I was rather late leaving the pub. As I was driving towards our property, I noticed there was a car pulled to one side of the road and when I passed, I heard a scream. I stopped and got out of the car, grabbing my cricket bat out of the back seat before approaching the car.

"Suffice to say, I found three mongrel students tearing Jennifer's clothes off and telling her how she would move her ass for them when they showed her what men they were. They were going to rape her, but I stepped in.

"The three bastards attacked me and their knives showed they were not playing games.

"Luckily a second car pulled up to help. Blue and Tiny, my mates, made certain I was not alone in protecting Jennifer. The three 'would-be-rapists' ended up in the hospital ward at the local prison and then looked at spending ten years in jail. They've recently been released prematurely for good behavior."

Turning to gaze at Jennifer who, realizing her tormentors were now free, was drained of color and trembling with fear, Andrew continued.

"I received a phone call on Thursday from them saying they intended to complete the rape and fix Jennifer for putting them away. They informed me they knew she was in Sydney and that the world wasn't large enough to escape their vengeance. Of course, their message to me was that once Jennifer was disposed of, they'd return for me and make certain I never messed with them again."

Facing Peter again, he calmly announced, "The three men who've been following us are outside in their car now. That's why I am carrying this." Looking distinctly ill at ease, Andrew reached under his coat to produce a revolver - a Colt Trooper Mark V.

With a contemptuous snarl Peter turned away to walk to the family altar. He reached behind it and returned with an expensive leather attaché case that he placed on the table. Staring fixedly at Andrew, he unlocked the case to reveal a Mini-Uzis.

Shivering, Andrew remembered he had read about this weapon and its effectiveness. It was the favorite choice of assassins. This machine pistol could fire from inside the case through a small hole, using a hidden trigger mechanism.

Andrew could only ask himself what kind of man was this.

Peter made a wry comment as he placed the large machine pistol, complete with silencer, on the table beside the revolver.

"I don't know why you bother with a water pistol. This is a gun."

Leaving the two to contemplate the arsenal for a moment, he walked to the balcony to stare down at the ferries and to think. Then, as if satisfied with a decision he'd reached, he went to his bedroom to prepare his mind and body. His life in the jungle had come to the fore as he realized that soon these strangers would be dead men.

Peter knew that killing was not such a difficult thing to do. Not when, in all his early years, killing and death had been a major part of his life. He could hardly remember a time when death wasn't prevalent - as much of a routine as brushing his teeth after every meal.

Having dressed in a sarong and a Baju Melayu (a loose, long-sleeved Malay shirt) he returned to the lounge room where he knelt before the altar, his head bowed in prayer. Then he stood, turned toward the twins and silently stared for what seemed an eternity.

Jennifer, terrified by the look on his face and the fire in his eyes, knew that The Little One was awake after a long sleep. His donning of Asian clothing only reinforced this knowledge. Finally, Peter broke the silence.

"The good shepherd giveth his life for his sheep and there shall be one fold and one shepherd."

He gathered up the pictures of his parents and the Regimental Plaque. Peter then placed them on the coffee table, facing the twins.

Taking the two khukuris from the plaque, he unsheathed one of them. His mind was back in his childhood and he knew that Ghurkhas always kept their khukuris honed to razor sharpness and never unsheathed their distinctive weapon without drawing blood. With slow intent, he nicked his thumb, drawing a little blood as he lovingly stroked the blade.

The little cigarette box was opened for Andrew's inspection.

"Andrew, you are looking at death."

Accepting the accuracy of that statement, Jennifer shuddered, understanding that The Little One was here in the room with them.

"These people are my concern, not yours. They have done or intend to do something to my own sweet love, the woman I want to be my wife. They have also threatened you, whom I now consider a friend. That is something I can't ignore and I won't ignore! Tonight you will do exactly what I tell you and you won't question what I'm doing. You're not involved and you will never know anything. These people will be dwelling in hell before the sun rises."

Both Jennifer and Andrew shivered at the icy tone, the honest statement of fact. They knew those men would be dead before the night was over - this was no idle boast of Peter's.

Turning to Jennifer, Peter lifted her to his feet. Holding her, he looked at her steadily.

"The good shepherd giveth his life for his sheep and there shall be one fold and one shepherd," he repeated. "I am that shepherd Jennifer, and you are my dearly beloved sheep and no wolves will hurt you. Now pack some clothes in a case and add some of mine for your brother. You need enough for the weekend for you both"

He kissed her lightly then let her go. He had a quick phone call to make.

Still too shocked to realize much of what was happening, Jennifer did notice, however, that Peter packed a tailor's dummy and a red wig into a second case before they entered the lift.

Jennifer's car arrived at the door of the condominium complex just as they stepped out of the lift in the entrance court.

Not the least disturbed by Peter's Asian clothing, security immediately surrounded the car before the three ventured outside.

Andrew sat in the back and Peter drove. Jennifer was beside him and, at Jennifer's feet, Peter placed the second case containing his gun, blowpipes and khukuris wrapped in clothing. The case of clothing was on the seat beside Andrew.

Peter watched the other car immediately pull out and try to overtake them. He could only grin as he made the Mini fly until they were safely inside the workshop.

Assisting Jennifer upstairs, he told her to stay there no matter what happened while he and Andrew busied themselves with the truck that Peter was to deliver to Bathurst - making it ready for what was to become a most interesting trip.

Peter kept an eye on the glass windows of the office and was amused to see one of the tattooed men watching their activities carefully. Only then did Peter close the shutters over all the windows. No point in alerting the criminals to their plans.

Handing his gun to Andrew, he gave strict instructions to guard Jennifer and to shoot to kill. Laughing at Andrew's discomfort, he also handed him his khukuris, explaining, "This is not a man's work tonight, it's just child's play. I'll be dealing with three idiots."

Impressed by Peter's thoroughness, Andrew was silent as he watched carefully. Then he assisted Peter in rigging four powerful floodlights behind the driver's cabin and watched while Peter focused the glare of the lights through the windscreen of a car that he parked a measured distance behind the truck.

Andrew said nothing but knew that as soon as Peter switched on the lights the sudden intense glare would blind anyone driving a car behind the truck. One thought obliterated all others in his mind -- the conviction that these men were dead men walking.

Peter was just too methodical and too intent on what he was preparing to harbor any fears. He knew what he was doing and was showing his experience in killing. Turning to Andrew, Peter asked him to stay downstairs while he went up to Jennifer.

Carrying the case from the car Peter paused, looking back at his handiwork. Satisfied, he continued towards the staircase.

Upstairs, Peter hugged Jennifer. Emotionless now, he changed into a pair of overalls, leaving his Asian clothes on the bed as he gave his orders. They sounded cruel, but she was to stay the night with Andrew at the workshop.

"Tomorrow you will ask Joe to get the newspapers. Read them carefully. I tell you now that I love you with all my heart, and for the third time I repeat, 'The good shepherd giveth his life for his sheep and there shall be one fold and one shepherd.'"

While talking, Peter opened the case, removed the pieces of a mannequin and began assembling it. Jennifer could only watch in amazement. Studying her in the same way as an artist studies his model, he carefully placed a red wig on its head.

Peter then asked Jennifer to remove her dress so he could put it on the model. She was shocked but did as directed, changing into a dress from her case.

The mannequin was finally dressed and he applied make-up to its face until he was satisfied that it looked like Jennifer.

As he turned to leave with the mannequin in his arms, Jennifer hugged and kissed him.

"Never forget that I love you. See you soon, God willing. Stay here and try to sleep."

"Peter, take care, as my future goes with you."

"Why are you carrying Jennifer?" Andrew's question assured Peter that the mannequin was lifelike as he sat it in the passenger's seat.

He strapped it in place so it couldn't move, but, as a touch of realism, he carelessly draped one of the mannequin's arms on the door. It seemed as though the real Jennifer sat there, eagerly looking forward to the trip.

He slipped on a pair of welding gloves while he spoke to Andrew.

"Andrew, when you open up, I'll drive out. Keep my gun handy in case of accidents. Follow me out. Climb up and lean in through the window to kiss your sister goodbye. Don't forget to shout, 'Have a good trip, Jennifer, and don't let that ruffian misbehave.' or words to that effect. Remember I am driving off with your sister.

"Come back in and lock up. Go upstairs and keep Jennifer there until Joe, Mark and all the workers arrive in the morning. Tie her to the bed if you have to. There's lots of food and drink. Say a prayer or two for me.

"Under no circumstances let Jennifer answer any phones or leave."

Silently, Andrew could only nod in agreement and stare at this incredible man who was driving off to kill three criminals. He couldn't believe that Peter was preparing their deaths so cold-bloodedly.

Showing no sign of nervousness or strain, Peter climbed into the cabin and the engine roared into life.

Waving goodbye, Andrew shouted after them. "Enjoy the trip Jennifer but don't let that man sweet talk you into anything."

He watched the truck as it disappeared up the hill with that car closely following before he turned to lock up and retrace his steps up the stairs.

Andrew could hardly believe that the face that greeted him, so drained of color, belonged to his sister.

"Peter has just driven off and the criminals are following him." Before he could finish Jennifer leapt for the stairs.

Moving more quickly, Andrew, grabbed her. Dragging her back into the room, he clapped his hand across her mouth to stifle her distressed moan. "Stay here, Jennifer, stay here. It's Peter's wish, and if you leave, you may put him in even more danger. He wants you safe, so do as he asked."

JAScooter
JAScooter
115 Followers
12