Wolfblood: The Price of Loss Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vincent, she called again, briefly wondering where he was; he should have been there within a minute but even that was too long. The small unit of rogue wolves closed in on her, one jumping right on top of her before she rolled and flipped it off. Almost immediately, another snapped at her neck but she managed to jump away before she felt claws scrape against her and teeth sink into her back. Valery howled in pain and as if that excited the wolves, they attacked her with more vigor, tearing at her and clawing, eager to let her blood flow. As the seconds passed by, she felt her energy diminish and could only whimper in pain as one wolf finally grabbed a leg and twisted its head savagely to break a bone, rendering her incapable of fighting back. Thoughts of death moved through her mind, pushing against her pain as she felt one emotion engulf her; regret.

Regret what, she questioned, unable to think clearly through the pain and the savage sounds the wolves were making. She was going to die soon, there was no time for regret. At that exact moment however, she heard a roar of rage that didn't quite sound like anything she'd ever heard before and a sudden gush of wind washed over her, increasing her pain further before darkness passed across her vision. Valery saw the large black wolf right in front of her suddenly get grabbed by its legs and raised into the air by a dark figure before it lifted its knee and slammed the wolf over it, breaking the animal's back with a sickening crack. Vincent; the thought passed through her mind and the figure turned suddenly to look at her. She tiredly gazed upon a face that was not the one she remembered of her would be mate; his eyes were completely black, lips pulled back in a snarl as sharp fangs gleamed in the fading light, giving him an air of death. His hands sported talons which he swiped out, clawing deeply into a wolf that had suddenly dared to jump at him, making it whimper mournfully in pain. This changed Vincent grabbed the head of the wolf and twisted it sharply, snapping the animal's neck efficiently and dropping its limp body to the ground. She heard a few growls and suddenly, the wolves were running away; Vincent snarled and in one sudden movement, disappeared from her vision to chase after the animals. Vincent; she thought again before darkness engulfed her completely

****

"Don't fight..."

White hot pain suddenly pierced through the darkness and Valery screamed even as she heard her wolf howl loudly in her head.

"Valery!" a voice echoed through the darkness, before it became muffled as the pain steadily increased.

"Don't fight me, Valery, drink!" the voice commanded again, clearly this time.

Valery fought to open her eyes and finally succeeded only for the bright light to suddenly assault her eyes, sending a sharp jolt of pain into her head. She felt like somebody was steadily pounding away with a hammer at her head after he had broken all the bones in her body. She couldn't stand the excruciating pain and it worsened as something hard was forced in between her lips, making it difficult for her to breathe. She fought against it, trying to bite at it, claw at it but found herself unable to do anything but increase her pain further.

"Damn it, Valery, Drink!" That voice again.

Her eyes slowly started to focus and she blinked painfully through the light to focus on a grim face; Vincent, she thought and finally, the regret she'd felt made sense to her. Valery opened her mouth and tried to tell him that but she found herself chocking instead, her chest heaving in pain.

"Come on, Valery, drink," she heard the voice say again, desperation audible in its tone and she suddenly recognized it as Vincent's.

Drink what? She vaguely answered before something made her cough again painfully. Her vision blurry, she felt the pressure move away from her mouth and took in a very grateful breath, trying to ignore the lines of fire moving through her chest.

"I have to make bigger holes," she heard Vincent mumble before she watched, in confusion, as he lifted his wrist to his mouth, making an odd jerking movement.

Suddenly, the pressure was back against her lips and she felt a warm liquid slip across her tongue to the back of her throat and she swallowed quickly, not wanting to choke again. More liquid kept flowing into her mouth and she swallowed in quick succession, grateful when the liquid finally stopped and the pressure was lifted off her mouth. Valery took in some more gulps of fresh air, wanting to move away from the pain and whatever it was that Vincent was doing to her.

"Again," she heard the vampire say before the blockage returned between her lips, making her groan in frustration. "You have to suck, Valery. Suck, so that the pressure prevents them from closing too quickly."

Suck, a voice repeated in her mind and she did just that, sucking from whatever was producing the fluid and drinking as fast as she could. She did it for what felt like an eternity before the pain in her chest suddenly increased to unbearable levels and she choked against the blockage, suddenly unable to swallow as the fluid went down the wrong way. The blockage was removed from her mouth but that did not help matters this time. Valery felt the pain increase throughout her body, burning through her until she opened her mouth in a silent scream, her body taught. She felt herself being moved before her arm was suddenly pulled, further worsening the pain that ranged within her and she sobbed, feeling like it had been ripped from her body. The fire within her body started to subside though, and she became more aware of her surroundings, feeling arms wrapped around her. Her pain reduced quickly until barely a minute later, she felt normal again, like nothing had happened and she was just...sleepy and drained.

Valery tried to turn and felt relief go through her as she noted the active use of all four of her limbs. She found herself pressed against Vincent's chest, his chin resting on her head even as she wriggled, trying to get off of his lap.

"Don't do that, you'll hurt yourself," his voice came out, gruff and unfamiliar.

Valery stopped and tried to turn again in his arms, this time managing to as his arms loosed around her. She thought about her nakedness for a moment, thinking she ought to be embarrassed by it in front of the vampire, but a yawn flowed through her and she let the thought flip into nothingness.

"Sorry my dear, a healing takes a lot out of the body," Vincent said and she looked at him, finding his expression pinched.

Before she could ask what was wrong, he stood suddenly, shifting her in his arms and Valery squealed, suddenly realizing that he'd been seated on the floor...no, the ground, she thought, as she looked around. They were still in the woods and her eyes widened as she spotted two mangled bodies a few paces from them. She looked back at Vincent suddenly, adrenaline reducing her fatigue as she noticed the blood splattered on his face, looking down at herself to find dried blood on her naked body as well.

"I should have never let you wander on your own," he said before looking away from her and sighing tiredly. "I should have been here sooner."

Valery opened her mouth to say something, wanting to comfort him but found herself unable to speak again as he leaned forward and she felt the wind whipping against her bare skin, the surroundings blurring before he came to a stop in front of the cabin. Shifting her again in his arms, he opened the cabin door, closing it with his foot when they entered and quickly placing her on the sofa. Whatever alertness the adrenaline in her system had previously given her, she found gone as she yawned tiredly again. Vincent moved with his inhuman speed, blurring in and out of the room as he switched on the lights, chasing away the darkness. He brought a blanket and put it on the table beside her before disappearing again and she felt a chill go through her as the wind rushed by again. He was gone a while longer before he appeared again with a basin this time, and two towels.

Before she could wonder what he was going to do, Vincent quickly dipped a towel in the basin filled with steaming water and moved towards her, starting to rub gently at her face. The towel was warm, almost hot and she sighed in relief at the sensation. When he was done with her face, he moved along her neck, rubbing gently against her skin and she squealed suddenly, realizing what he was doing. Valery reached out for the towel, ready to tell him she could go and take a shower herself before he grabbed her hands easily in one arm and fixed her with a fiery gaze.

"We're not going to argue about this, Valery. A healing as intense as the one you've just had would leave you incapable of standing or doing anything for yourself until you rest. That being said, I am not going to leave dried blood on your body and you can either willingly let me do this or you can fight and have me pin you down, either way, I am going to do this. Is that understood?"

Valery frowned, irritation flowing through her at his words. His tone was not condescending but rather, firm and his expression resolute, plus he was right about how tired she was, but she didn't like being forced to do something she was uncomfortable with either.

"Are we in agreement?" he asked again and Valery looked away in annoyance. Let him do whatever he wanted, so long as he did it quickly.

She felt something soft press against her shoulder and turned to look at him suddenly, finding his lips pressed against her bare skin. He moved away from her, with a slight smile, not meeting her eyes before he turned around, washed the towel in the steaming basin and turning back to her, the secret smile still on his lips. Vincent cleaned her quickly and efficiently, not really lingering anywhere or touching her with the aim of stimulating her, but oh, stimulated she got. Valery's mind was slow and the picture of Vincent's hands over her body seemed to be stuck in it. Even though he didn't touch her bare skin sans the towel, she looked at the contrast his pale skin made next to hers as he cleaned her breasts, the nipples raising their heads proudly as they stiffened. She wished he could brush against her center with his fingers, just briefly, to give her relief like he had done almost a month ago...such a long time ago.

As Vincent turned her slowly to flip her to her back, she imagined him doing so to perform an act far more intimate. Her body was no longer feeling cold by the time he was done with her butt, moving down to her legs as liquid heat pulsed in her veins. Valery wanted him to do so much more to her and she was ready to tell him so as he finished, when he suddenly grabbed the blanket and swaddled her in it, leaving her surprised. Even as her addled brain tried to figure out his actions, she knew that he knew she wanted him; her arousal was beginning to scent up the room and he of all people, could not possibly miss it.

Vincent disappeared briefly, taking the towels and the basin with him before returning to kneel next to the sofa he'd placed her on. He peered into her face with a slight frown on his forehead before leaning slightly back.

"You seem even more tired than I expected. I should get you something to eat before..."

Valery watched his lips moving with her eyes half closed and a small smile formed on her face. He had such nice lips, thin and yet soft...yes, soft, she remembered from the times they'd been placed upon her own. She wanted them on hers and briefly wondered why he wouldn't just lean down slightly and take her own lips captive. Perhaps he was waiting for her...of course she'd indulge him.

With a sudden movement, Valery moved upwards pausing slightly before Vincent's slightly startled expression and capturing his lips. She arched upwards, moving her lips against his and hoping he'd respond. He'd somehow managed to wrap her so tightly in the blanket, she didn't have the energy to try and wriggle her hands out. Valery hoped he wouldn't resist her and she felt elation fill her as his hands softly cupped both sides of her face as he increased the pressure on her lips. It was gone all too suddenly however, as he leaned away from her and gently guided her head back to the sofa.

"It's my blood in your system, it'll pass and you'll feel like yourself again in the morning," she heard him say and she frowned.

Valery blinked a couple of times and stifled down a yawn as she irritably wondered why he'd refuse her advances. Her brain was foggy and she mentally nudged her wolf, asking it what it thought about the situation. The animal stirred within her and Valery yawned, feeling its growing alertness take a little away from her own. She felt the desire for Vincent run through her body again and she shuddered from her position, glancing at him as he studied her quietly. The deep desire to be mated with him ached deep within her and she sleepily agreed with her wolf before she felt it suddenly surge within her. Valery sat up in shock, wondering what that was; she didn't feel any of the insanity that had been there before, so what was wrong with her wolf?

"Valery, what's wrong; are you ok?" she heard Vincent ask before his voice was drowned out as she felt her wolf surge up again and she suddenly shifted into wolf form.

Vincent didn't flinch from her and she watched through the wolf's eyes as he stared at her worriedly. She didn't know what had just happened and felt too tired to fight with the animal for dominance. As if that's what it had been waiting for, the wolf suddenly reached for Vincent, opening its mouth to sink sharp teeth into the vampire's neck and shoulder.

Adrenaline rushed through Valery again, not doing much for her energy but increasing her alertness and alarm. She heard Vincent hiss in pain as he suddenly grabbed the wolf's head and like the infuriating animal it was, her wolf suddenly retreated with a growl, its presence diminishing until Valery turned back to her normal self, feeling Vincent's hands cradling her head and his blood in her mouth.

"Oh my God!" she gasped, rearing back in shock as she stared at Vincent's own surprised face.

The puncture marks on his neck and shoulders had already begun to close in healing but there was something deep within her that knew they'd never really go away. Valery watched Vincent's face and saw his eyes widen suddenly in surprise. She felt a small string of connection form, slowly growing stronger as his surprise flooded through her system and she leaned further away from him, not able to comprehend what was happening. Valery felt a sense of loss as she leaned away, watching Vincent's eyes dim slightly in disappointment which flowed from him and surged through her.

"No," she practically squeaked in horror as realization hit her.

This is what her wolf had wanted all along...goodness...from the very beginning. They had just claimed Vincent with a mating bite and she'd had almost no say in the matter.