Woman's Best Friend

Story Info
Helen gets a collar to help soothe werewolf husband.
2.7k words
4.4
13.8k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SBLippy
SBLippy
2 Followers

"Do you think this will work?" Helen asked as she fastened the collar around her husband's neck.

Gabe shrugged, as he was known to do.

Eyes lowering, Helen returned focus to his neck. The collar was hardly his colour, a dusted red even though she'd put her preference down as blue. She fussed with the tightness a bit, trying to remember just how much space he needed. The last thing she wanted was to choke him...

She sighed, settling on three extra notches of neck room. Then Helen let go of the clasp, letting it fall limp. It didn't look much different than a collar you'd find at a pet store.

She double checked the packaging. The Silver Lining, it was proudly named. "Guaranteed to make those full moon days 100% less ruff!" She rolled her eyes, but the cartoon werewolf was a cute touch.

"You do look kind of cute at least."

Gabe said nothing and slunk back to his room-probably to stare at the TV. He didn't even bother turning it on anymore. She'd caught him countless times after the incident, staring at the black screen. There was no longer enough drive in him to press a button.

"Honey?" She followed, not passing through the doorway. "You know it could always work..."

He barely even looked up, falling hard on the couch cushions. Stuffing bulged through long gashes in the sofa. His last fit had been particularly heinous. All of his moon days since the incident had been fuelled by anger. As Helen turned her gaze to the door, she saw even more damage than she remembered. He'd apparently dug his claws deep into the solid metal door.

She tried to speak, but her lips dried.

On the distant couch, Gabe pulled his legs in. He hid his face in his knees, hands tense around his calves. If it were safe, Helen would have ran to him, been the one to hold him instead. And if she could have, she would have taken away his curse. But, she could do neither. He didn't let her anymore.

"Do you want dinner?" She smiled, knowing someone had to cheer up. "Wouldn't want you hungry at moonlight."

"It's not funny." He grumbled into his thighs. "I'm going to kill you."

Hellen stiffened.

"I mean...When this thing doesn't work out, when it's a bust like the sprays, the pills, and the charms..." He sighed, deep, clearing out all he was holding onto. "I'm going to kill you."

Helen relaxed, placing an idle hand on her sore back. It'd healed remarkably. A miracle, as the doctor had put it. Any closer to the spine and she'd have been paralyzed or worse...And if he'd decided to bite her instead of using his claws, she could have turned just like him.

"You need a little faith." She caressed the door frame, touching him by proxy. Even if her hands were on him, she doubted he'd respond any differently. "If the collar doesn't work something else will. It will."

"You don't know that!" His head shot up, eyes sparked with anger or fear. Probably both. And then, he deflated. Hand to his remote he mumbled, "Just lock me in, Helen. I'm not hungry."

She clung to the doorframe, eyes watering. It was hard to watch him like this, and equally hard to forget about him. She pulled the heavy door shut, turning the large locks, one after the other. It was like something from a super villain's secret layer.

Drawing her shoulders back, she let in a breath of air. It cleared the clouds in her thoughts a little bit. Gabe seemed to be working under the impression, that when she didn't see him, she forgot he was there. He thought, that some how she hated him for his affliction so much that she'd rather forget about him.

As she traveled to the kitchen, she couldn't get the image of him alone out of her head. She looked out the window, the sun still in the sky, slowly making it's descent to the horizon. The thought of it turning to the full moon made her heart ache. It hurt so much more than the scars.

She grabbed carrots, peeling them as she continued to glare at the sun. When the full moon hit, she'd lock herself in her room, safe behind a door just like his. She'd miss his warm body, sweet voice, sensitive touch. And downstairs, she'd hear him howl. The pain used to sound incomprehensible to her. But after the incident, she felt she had some grasp on it.

When she had a pile of peeled carrots, she forced herself to smile again. The Silver Lining, she thought. It'll work, and we'll never hurt again.

#

Helen ate her dinner alone in her room. She sat in the middle of the king-sized bed, surveying the endless quilt, she did feel somewhat kingly. Not a happy king, but a lonely one distant from all those beneath his tower. Setting her plate aside, she fell down on her pillow. Her dark hair spread out, covering the pillow case on all sides.

Her eyes drifted to her window, dusk turning the sky a bloody red. The dark cloud rolled across the sky, beckoning the full moon. It shone through the blackest night, a dusty silver face, casting misery down on their life.

On impulse, Helen covered her ears, closing her eyes as tears rolled down her cheeks. But...no screams followed. No howls. No moans.

She lowered her hands, allowing the silence a few moments to change. Her heart beat rapidly, so loud in the stillness she felt it was echoing through the entire house. But everything remained silent.

"Gabe?" She shuffled along to the end of her bed. Staring at the door, there was still no sound. She crawled to the end of the bed, lips curling into a strong smile.

They'd tried so many things, but nothing had worked. Nothing came close to stopping his howls. She jumped off her bed, running straight for the door. Nothing could stop her from heaving it open, pushing against the metal with her full weight and then...Bang! Bang! Bang!

The noise was distant but loud. It continued, carrying up from downstairs. Loud scraping followed, like metal bending, whining from stress. Helen pulled back, dragging her door shut. Somehow her heart became louder. It sounded as loud as the crashing and thumping downstairs, the tantrum as bad as any other.

A new batch of tears rolled down her cheeks. They were heavier this time, building up alongside a terrible headache. She retreated back to the bed, pushing her back against its foot and sliding down onto the floor. Her whole body was drippy, pooling on the floor. Her wound burned with a new found intensity. The house rumbled with a crash.

Faster and faster her heart pounded. Loud, large, footsteps got closer and closer to her door. She could hear him panting, smell his breath, her old blood pungent in her memories. She held her head tightly, wanting more than anything not to be afraid. She made a pact with herself, never to see him as a monster.

He smashed against her door. He'd become so strong, his claws cutting right through the steel in a superhuman burst of strength. Through tear drenched eyes, she saw his claws, cutting the door like butter. They were wet with blood. It had to be his own.

"Gabe, please. I know you're still in there."

Bang! Scrape! Bang!

It was no use. She looked around for somewhere to hide or escape, then up to the moonlight. Jumping out the window could work, running away somewhere safe. Her shoulders sank. This must have been how Gabe felt, the despair clouding everything.

His claws burst through the door, his skin cut by the metal right through his thick grey coat. He gripped the small opening he made, tearing it apart into a large enough space for him to get through. The power of his claws left Helen stunned, a shiver rippled down her sore back.

Gabe stuck his snout through the opening, taking long, searching sniffs. Liking what he smelled, he dragged his hulking form through the tight space. The metal crushed against him, the cuts to his skin healing as fast as they appeared. After the struggle he stood in the centre of her bedroom, panting.

His wolf form didn't look different from the last time she'd seen him. He was double his normal size, taller, more muscular. His body was somewhere between human and wolf, the face entirely canine, the chest furry but human. He dragged his claws across the floor. Dragging one at a time forward with each tired breath. Helen pressed harder against the bed, trying to disappear.

Closing her eyes tightly, she waited for his bite, the slash of a claw, anything. The shadow passed over her eyelids. But she felt nothing. Tentatively, she opened her eyes. A canvas of fur was still above her, nearly brushing the tip of her nose.

Tilting her head back, she watched him crawl over her. Gabe climbed into her bed, sniffing loudly.

"Gabe?"

He said nothing back. He made her bed look small, causing it to creak with his weight. In the covers he found Helen's dinner, swallowing the chicken breast in one chomp.

"Gabe?" She asked a little bit louder.

With a few slurps of his long tongue, he cleared the plate. He sniffed the china and then turned his head back towards her.

Helen froze, even if it wasn't helpful, she couldn't do anything else.

He sniffed more, long, wet intakes of air. And then he blinked, his eyes a beautiful blue like cold moonlight, slits like a cat's rather than a wolf. He sniffed, closer and closer to her face until his nose brushed against her, cold, wet, and spongy.

Slurp! He licked the entire surface of her face.

Slobber dripped in place of her tears. She remained in stunned silence for completely new reasons. Had it worked somehow? She smiled, cheeks becoming hot. The Silver Lining Collar was still on his neck, tighter against his thicker muscles. Tentatively, she outstretched a hand. Bringing it close to his forehead, he leaned in to be pet. He pressed hard against her, burying her fingers in his fur. She scratched the surface, and his eyes closed.

As he accepted more and more pets, becoming calmer than he'd been in years. It brought tears to her eyes, just thinking about the day he was bitten. The incident had put stress on him, but he'd never been entirely calm. She gently kissed his forehead, a gesture she hoped he'd understand even through the thick of his curse.

He through his arms around her, lifting her with ease. Another surge of blood dizzied her. Her heart fluttered as she rested in his powerful arms. He lumbered towards the bed, dropping her onto the comforter. The sheets had cooled since leaving them, a pleasant contrast to Gabe's heat.

Her lips parted slightly, then she asked, "Do you recognize me?"

He snorted from somewhere deep in his throat, then gripped her t-shirt. It was one of her favourites to lounge in, though she'd never wear it in public. He gently peeled it up, revealing her soft belly. His claws, even with light pressure, made quarter sized holes. Then as he revealed her bra, she heard the whole tank rip.

His ears flattened, and she couldn't help but laugh.

Next, he went to take off her pants. The pj bottoms didn't stand a chance, and he didn't even try. He dug his claws in, and then tore them and her panties off in one solid rip. She giggled and shivered at the cold air. Without hesitation, she sat up, nestling into his chest. The warmth felt better than anything she'd ever felt, like a fireplace on a frigid day.

From below, she felt him stiffen. An erection extended from beneath the guarding fur. She hesitated before touching it. Even though they'd been distant for months, the differences were very apparent. It was much larger. Less human.

She gripped it, giving more pressure than usual as she teased it. Gage responded accordingly, making adorable grunts near to soft howls.

He nuzzled her neck. His snout resting in the crevice of her shoulder. Nothing was quite as pleasurable as being close to him again. At least, that's what she thought. He pressed his powerful claws deep into the mattress. The sharp of his claws cut through the springs as easily as one would clear away cobwebs.

His whiskers tickled down her neck. His cold nose moved down along her skin before finding a place to rest between her breasts. He softly licked the fabric of her bra before gently nibbling the underwire. The bra snapped open, her breasts falling free of their bind.

Once again, he ran his tongue up her body. She shivered with the sensations. Where the warm tongue touched, cold saliva formed. Her teeth clenched as dove down beneath her, his long, tongue penetrating her. He lapped at her eagerly, missing the nuisance of his human form. While not nearly as pleasurable, the life in he emitted made her excited.

She moaned like a whimpered like a wolf pup. Her nipples became harder, her notch becoming wetter, the juices mixing with the wet of Gage's lips. He snuffled, and snorted. Helen laughed, unable to handle how happy she was, it buzz through her almost as strong as the ecstasy. The hooked her finger around his collar, urging him to look up.

His eyes sparked yellow, lips and fangs wet.

Helen grinned, "Gage, I want you." It was true, every part of her ached for it-had been aching for months, maybe years.

He braced the mattress more, positioning himself above her. Helen bit her lip, eyes closing, opening the rest of her body for him. Her body tensed in anticipation, his hot breathe on her chest, and then he entered. She clamped around him as he moved in and out of her. She gripped his arms, her palms becoming sweaty on his fur.

"Oh god..." she moaned.

His cock swelled, budge in the middle. The fit became tighter around him, until she couldn't budge. Helen's eyes rolled back, her toes curling, overpowered by rush. More moans escaped her, Gage howling in response. Her hands slid up his back, rams hooking around his neck as the urge to get even close filled her. She felt him empty into her.

The two panted like a pair of dogs. Another more laughter rolling through her, allowing relived tears to fall. Gage, lowered, getting closer to her body. He was still to swollen to exit her, but Helen didn't mind the discomfort. She allowed him to wrap her in his arms, tiny scratches bleeding onto the sheets. She didn't mind. Not one bit.

#

"Did I really do that?" Gage asked when he was human again.

Helen smiled at the mess, the ripped clothing and mattress fluff. After separating, he'd remained in her bed, a warm and movable pillow. She'd hardly been able to sleep, not ready to let the happiness of the moment go. She reached out to his human face.

"Yes...I've missed you so much."

Gage looked away from her.

"Please, don't tell me you forgot what happened last night." She gripped his hands tightly.

He swallowed a lump in his throat. "No. I do."

"Good." She smirked, her fingers finding their way to his collar once more. "Then you know we're safe together, right?"

Gage's eyes became glossy, his leg rising to escape back to his room. But Helen's hold was too strong.

She stared deep into his eyes. "I'm never letting you go."

He trailed to the scars that flared up her sides. "I'm too strong. I don't want to lose you..."

"And I don't want to lose you. We've found a way to make this work. And I want to do this together, no matter what."

He mumbled, as quiet as he could, "Me too."

Helen nodded, drawing him closer to her heart. After the night, he felt incredible small, still perfect, still warm. She kissed his nose, his mouth, his neck. Then she wrapped them together in blankets. The collar wasn't perfect, but there was hope in it.

Though, as long as they were in each other's arms, Helen had always had hope.

SBLippy
SBLippy
2 Followers