Woodsman Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jott50
jott50
377 Followers

"If you stay, the locals might be too nosy as to where you might have come from so first I think that we should go on a day trip to the Soo and find a basic wardrobe for you, new unmentionables and personal care things that a young lady would need. Things for your immediate use. On our return we could stop at a restaurant in town so that I could mention to someone that you are related and would be staying with me. That should establish that you are visiting and not a runaway. You would of course have luggage in my truck so it would appear that I had just picked you up."

"Now. Moving on to the home that you ran from. I have started an investigation privately into the circumstances of how your mother lost your father's farm. I know you were too young to know but there might have been a life insurance policy on your father or possibly a will. Sometimes a life insurance policy covers payoff of an outstanding mortgage."

"In any case I sense a rat with this fat man you described. I would bet he took advantage of a bad situation to steal your home and pimp your mom. You said he set her up in town with a house that he had foreclosed on. That tells me he has something to do with the bank. Not all bankers are honest. I have people investigating this but until I have the results I need to stay in contact with you. So bottom line is that we are both going to stay hidden here if that's agreeable."

Vivian was silent as she absorbed my proposal. Putting myself in her shoes I suspected that after two years she was tired of running but had no other options until she broke into my home. I hoped she felt safe and secure enough here to trust me to help her but it had to be her choice.

I suddenly had another thought. She was far from her home. How had she traveled the many miles from Vermont to Michigan? Where had she spent the winter that had just past. The winter before that? She had no money or id. She didn't have any of the trappings of civilization that was needed to work a normal job. She dressed like a homeless person. Her only food seemed to be jerky and energy bars or whatever she could scrounge from dumpsters. This young woman must have survived for two years on nothing more than grit and cunning.

"I can't pay you for anything. I have no money." she suddenly said looking up.

"I didn't ask for any money. I have more money than I will ever need. I only want to help you. If you feel the need to pay me back we can decide how later. Right now I'm asking if you will stay with me and be safe. If you do we should leave for the Soo so that we can get our story established and you some clothes."

"Why are you helping me? You don't know me," Her eyes started to fill with tears.

"I don't know why myself but I have an overwhelming need suddenly to help you if you will let me."

"I can leave anytime if I want?"

"Yes."

Vivian lowered her eyes and slowly nodded her head yes. With that we prepared to begin our day trip to the nearest 'big city'.

jott50
jott50
377 Followers