Working at the Museum in the 60's

Story Info
Flirting and Leggy Women in the 1960's.
2.9k words
4.14
19.4k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is not true other than it is something I reflected back on being that I grew up in the real miniskirt days of the later 60's. In this story I was a handful of years older than at the time.

*****

Well it was time to look for a job for the summer as college was about to be letting out. I applied several places, some were offices, some were more manual type of work, some were museum related, etc. I was enjoying the late 60's as the time was great for seeing the beauty of fashion evolve around the youth and times of color, design and style were alive. The skirts and dresses just kept getting shorter and shorter. A good portion of the women did not work, those that did were in jobs such as secretaries, retail, teachers, clerical, phone operators, etc. Many married women stayed home and those that were of social status often did volunteer work or belonged to clubs, donor functions, museums, etc.

I worked previous summers, once in a labor environment, then in an office, twice actually, and this summer I was highly considering the office again or maybe something different. I did enjoy the money from the labor job that paid for my school and room and board nicely with money left over, the office jobs paid enough to get through school and room and board as well. One office was a small office the other was for a corporation. The corporate job was one where I did see some great fashion on the women secretaries and those that had clerical jobs, they all dressed up for the office unlike the casual atmosphere of today. Of course that also meant the men dressed up too, in suits and tie and a white shirt, back then a color shirt was considered casual.

I did enjoy the so called fashion show at the corporate office, women all wore dresses or skirts, in hose and that was real stockings and not pantyhose as they were just starting to show up but it was still rather rare. One would often see women leaning over a desk or bending down to a file drawer and one could not help but see a peek of their panty girdle, stocking top, or a garter too. Some women were so engrossed in their work, say like while typing that their skirts would ride up and as you walked past them you got a side view of their stockings tops showing out from under their skirt that rode up slightly as they sat at their desk. Growing up in that time meant you likely were going to appreciate legs on a woman as they all showed their legs, some more than others. And breast implants were not known then so all women typically had an A or B cup with some having a C and not many women were into woman sizes back then so not many well endowed women as you often see today with their implants.

It was also a real treat walking out from the office each day, as most of the people then worked 8 hours and headed out and flex time was unheard of. So most were like 8am-4:45pm jobs. A max exodus left the corporate office all at the same time. I parked in a parking deck or ramp. There was a hierarchy to the parking spaces in that senior level people (or men in that day and age) had the lower levels and less walking to do, the non managers had the upper levels and thus the most walking and rain or snow as it was not protected on the upper levels. As a summer employee/student I was in the non manger level of the upper level which the majority were the women that worked there. So every day I would walk out with all the others and then as one got towards the deck I was walking among mostly women going to my car. It was that experience that led me to this summer's work experience and thus my story.

It took me several weeks before I was aware of what I was missing in my daily walk to my car. As I walked to my car I started noticing the women getting in their cars, it was amazing how casual they were about getting in, skirts or dresses rode up and almost every, seriously almost every women showed her stocking tops getting in their car, some showed their panty girdle. Previously I was focused on getting to my car to get home. When I started to notice the leg scenery I was previously missing I discretely started to notice the nice views. All of a sudden I enjoyed my walking out to the car as I could witness at least a dozen women showing more than they normally would as the got into their cars. I started to park further out so I had a longer walk and more views. It was this experience that shaped this coming summer's work.

I decided to take a job at a museum. While I never worked in one I was eager and willing to learn more about art etc. I also thought it might be good to get a chance or two to meet some well to do wife and thus maybe their daughters too. So I when I got my interview for the museum and an office job it was hard to decide which one I really wanted more as they both had advantages.

Finally I took the museum job. I was interviewed by a couple of people, one a man that headed up the museum and then a woman that did most of the social planning and events. My previous work experience and good reviews helped me to get into a job I had no exact experience but they liked my previous work and attitude.

So from day one it was totally different. Things were very quiet for the most part. In the galleries it was all hush behind the scenes it was a little more office like but all the office people were very proper and formal. I did work more on the social events, some where school programs for kids in all sorts of grades as in a field trip others were daytime events with formal luncheons and attended by those women with family money for the most part. Being part of the museum staff, even though I was just a student, carried some added respect with the teachers and the well to do women in society attending.

Once again all the women were well dressed. Those that attended the daytime teas, talks, special viewings were dressed to the nines so to speak. after several weeks I was getting used to the happenings of the museum. Being the lowest person on the totem pole was not all that bad as I was often used to do some favor for a teacher or a woman guest and got to interact with them. Some jobs were typical finding this lost thing or that, looking for extra chairs etc. Some were more interesting, while they had a full maintenance staff as a student my desk also had some simple tools like a screw driver, pliers, a hammer etc. For fixing simple things in the office for instance. This came in handy as a couple times I remember so well I had my boss, the woman in charge of social functions, come over to me in a confidential manner with a well dressed woman or teacher in tow.

Sometimes the women's garter was loose and they kept losing the grip on their stocking and it was rather embarrassing pulling on one stocking all the time of going constantly into the women's room to re attach it. I had a set of pliers and on more than one occasion I was asked if I could gently bend the metal garter hoop to enable it to attach better. I put on my poker face each time, becoming very serious and discrete allowing the women to feel comfortable that I only wanted to help them. It was always a treat for a leg sort of guy to have a woman hike up her skirt in front of you and show you her stocking tops and then find and pull on her garter to have you help her.

How I controlled my pants from becoming tent like was likely due to not wanting to lose this job and seeing so many stocking tops already that helped control my pants from tenting. after work recalling the views was another story. The best ones were the ones that had the garter hoop problem in back for they had to leave it completely up to me as they could not turn around to watch what I was doing. I always made sure I hiked the skirt a little higher than needed but not so high that it was obvious. However on occasion I would lift a skirt in the rear high enough just briefly so notice what sort of girdle or garter belt the women was wearing. Oh the views were so nice, this was a great unexpected benefit of my summer job.

By mid summer I was recognizing several patrons that were repeat visitors. Some of them would smile and greet me and some even came over to talk and squeeze my arm or even a hug. Kind of nice to have these well dressed and older women coming over to see me. Some teased too with cute comments on my age and looks. I do recall after "helping" some of these women with either their garter hoop (the best) or loading up her car they became even more friendly and while would give some cute and teasing they also brushed into me with their pointy bras and would ask to help them with taking off or putting on their coats.

So I was becoming friends with several of them and it was always nice when one of them brought a new female friend with her as she would use the opportunity to come over to introduce her friend to me and chat as well. Some became quite the tease as to mentioning how her girdle was so tight that day, or her bra strap was digging into her shoulder, or asking me if her dress was too short, or hiking up her dress and asking me if her hose were straight (meaning her stocking tops even). Now they could go into the restroom and look at all this themselves but they enjoyed the tease of a young man in their life. Some I suspect enjoyed showing off like that in front of me. I will admit I blushed many times, some was natural and some I did blush on purpose for these women I knew would tease me in the future as they liked knowing they could make a guy blush. And where safer to tease a man but in a museum.

While the work was good the benefits were even better than the office work I found out. One of the projects that the museum was working on was taking over the parking ramp form the city next door. They wanted more parking and needed sheltered parking for their well to do guests and the parking ramp was a good way to keep their well dressed women dry in the rain.

So one day they had a daytime event and wanted to open the parking ramp for their guest patrons for that event. Since they wanted to treat their patrons special they volunteered me to man the ramp gate as it was meant only for museum guests and not the public. Also I was to place parking stubs on cars (for knowing the count of vehicles using the ramp) and provide directions of how to find the museum elevators from the ramp.

I went to the parking ramp gate with my stubs in hand and awaited the first cars coming to the event. It was slow to start, mainly a few women and men that were from the special event itself coming in early to set up and make sure all was ready. Then the guests started to come. I recognized several of them and they recognized me all asking if this was my new job etc. I greeted them all and many of them said they would save me a hug when I got back inside etc. It was at this first gate work that I realized with me standing next to their cars as they came up to get a parking stub I could look directly into their car and notice what they were wearing etc. I even caught a few glimpses of stockings peeking out from their dress on the side as the drove up. If any women were passengers in their cars these women often had their legs crossed and you could often see their stockings tops and even some girdles as they sat inside the "privacy" of their cars. I thought of how the truck drivers must like looking down into cars as they drove. Back then almost everyone had a car unlike the suburban pickup drivers of today.

The women really did not notice me looking at their legs and their dress as they pulled up to the gate. If one was showing a lot of leg or stocking I would stand up a little and keep my head above the roof so they could not see my face for a moment as I took in the view, then I would lean down and talk to them holding eye contact like I did not notice.

It was not until several weeks of manning the ramp gate that things got more and more interesting. As the frequent guests got used to the ramp I got better at looking at the legs as well. I started putting the ticket stub in the groove between the hood and the fender, this way I would lean over to place it in the groove and look into the windshield getting a frontal view and often an upskirt of the driver. I also started noticing that some of the flirting, teasing women patrons were also allowing their dresses and skirts to be hiked up when they got to the gate, this was unlike the first few weeks when their skirt was pulled neatly down. Several came alone and it was these women that also flirted teased me outside of the museum where they could not be heard as the came to the ramp. Some came earlier than normal so they did not have a waiting line of cars. Some called me out and told me they noticed me checking out their legs but before I could say anything as in trying to deny it they would say that it was okay to look as they enjoyed showing me their legs. Like I said it got better and better.

One woman was Joan, she was middle age and was one that I "fixed' her garter hoop weeks ago. She would stop at the gate and chat and just part her legs and leg her dress ride up to expose her panty girdle and stocking tops as she talked to me. She even asked me if the cat got my tongue as I did not hear her last question as she saw my smile as I was caught looking at her legs instead of her eyes. She even pulled up her stocking tops in front of me as she sat in the car and commented on how they often drop down a bit and she has to hook them back up. One week she asked if I was going to be there the following week as she had a special something she was going to wear. I told her I would not miss it.

The next week instead of a panty girdle she wore a garter belt and hiked her skirt all the way up to show off her stockings, garter straps, and red panties underneath it all. Now not many women wore red panties then. When she did that at the gate I almost lost it right then and there, she said she liked that I noticed her. Oh my, Joan was a hottie. She often would stop and hike up her dress showing me all her legs and the beauty of a well dressed woman. She typically came alone and when she did I saw the most of Joan's legs and more.

As all the cars stopped at the gate when leaving as I took the stub off the hood groove and leaned in front of the windshield and looked inside and I saw more on the way out than on the way in as many women got in their cars in a hurry to leave and drove off with their skirts not tucked neatly down and their legs parted slightly as they concentrated on driving on the narrow ramp. So many stockings, girdles and even some crotch views covered by girdles were seen those weeks working on the ramp. I thanked all of them as they left and many gave me a wink of knowing what I saw as they drove past slowly.

To be continued...