Working for It

Story Info
Holly has to work for that promotion.
12.3k words
4.32
69.8k
46
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Holly came to the inventory management conference by herself. It was her fifth year there and she knew the routine.

The first day was boring. A quick 1-hour hello-how-are-ya followed by a 2-hour lunch followed by workshops until 5:00pm.

The conference this year was at the Venetian in Las Vegas but Holly went out on the strip and found a Denny's for lunch instead. She'd have her fill of all the people at the conference for the next three days and simply didn't want to talk shop during lunch.

It was May and a beautiful day in Las Vegas. Sunny and 82 degrees as she entered the restaurant and was greeted by the hostess.

"Is it just you today?"

"Yes," Holly said with a sweet smile as she followed the hostess.

They turned a corner and she saw a familiar face. Not a face she liked, but still a familiar one.

Mike Walters had been, at least in Holly's mind, a deceitful co-worker and, briefly, her supervisor. Holly just didn't like him but she knew she couldn't just walk by him without saying hello. They made eye contact and Holly knew she was stuck.

"Hey! Holly! I was wondering if you still came to this."

"Hi, Mike," she said as enthusiastically as she could muster. She stopped at his table so she could at least appear professional to him.

"Pull up a chair and join me," Mike said. "Plenty of room here."

"OK," she said looking at the waitress. "I'll just sit here then."

Holly told the waitress she'd like a water with lemon and sat down. She knew it was now going to be an uncomfortable lunch but she really didn't have much choice. Blowing this guy off wasn't an option she wanted to go with. Holly was the type of person to be nice to everyone; even those she didn't particularly like. Even to Mike Walters.

They made small talk for a while, talking about what they expected in the industry for the next six months. Mike pointed out that he was there to woo a new business partner that would be valuable in opening up new markets in foreign countries. The company had a reputation for being profitable immediately to the partners they worked with. The problem, Mike pointed out, was that they could be picky about who they worked with.

"So they need to be wooed a little bit," Mike said.

When they finished eating, he dropped a big bombshell on Holly.

"I popped open email on my phone when I landed in Vegas and got the news that Missy is leaving the company."

"She's WHAT?" Holly said.

Missy was Holly's direct supervisor and she knew nothing about this. Nothing.

"Yeah, I know. I guess she got recruited by some startup in California. Too good of an opportunity to pass up, I suppose."

Holly was floored.

"But," Mike said, careful to make eye contact with Holly, "it opens up opportunity within the company."

This comment stopped Holly in her tracks.

In the 30 seconds since hearing this news, she hadn't thought about that angle.

"This is the third time in six years the person in this position has left, and left somewhat abruptly," Mike said.

It was true. Prior to Missy, Holly's boss left when his wife got a job in Georgia near their hometown. And he replaced a woman who had been in the job for several years but, out of the blue, left to go work on the family farm. And now Missy.

"The emerging plan is to replace from within, by someone who is established and won't likely be going anywhere," Mike continued.

Mike further pointed out that the job would be restructured a little to change around the reporting structure but the job itself was going to be made a more powerful position. They wanted to attract the strongest internal candidate; someone who will stay. A rather sweet opportunity. The implication was not lost on Holly. She was a candidate. A legitimate, viable candidate.

She also learned that - da da da daaaa! - Mike would be heading up the hiring committee for this position. Holly felt a brief wave of dread about that but then was immediately overcome by the possibilities.

What if I got this job? she thought.

Up to this point she'd felt passed over because she didn't have a four-year college degree. But she had 20 years of experience and she knew she was very good at what she did.

Her head was swimming and she was actually feeling dizzy!

Correctly sensing her state of emotions, Mike leaned in and quietly said, "You know, Holly... this is something you would be a very good candidate for."

"Well, yeah..." she said, not really knowing what to say.

"Is this something you'd want or are you content with where you're at?"

"Oh, I'm definitely interested..." she said, again, not having the words at her disposal at the moment. This was a bit much for her to handle on such short notice. Aside from the great opportunity, she couldn't believe Missy didn't say anything to her! Holly thought they'd gotten along excellently.

"This is going to draw strong interest internally," Mike said. "When Larry left and we hired Missy, we had 11 internal applicants even though we didn't even post the job internally. Once we make it known we're hiring from within, the candidates will come out of the woodwork. And you know what that means?"

"No... what?"

"All the 'power' people will have their own pet candidates. Ann will have her pet person from Merchandising. My boss has already identified 2 other candidates - one from Merchandising, another from Creative - that he's pimping."

"Yeah, I suppose..." was all Holly could say.

"Someone is really going to have to separate himself - or herself - from the pack," he said.

Mike left that hanging and gauged her reaction.

Then he said, "Holly, what are you going to do to separate yourself?"

He could tell she didn't really know what to say. But he saw an opening and decided to go for it.

Holly was 43 and easily could be described as a MILF. She'd had two kids but was still very attractive. Mother Nature decided not to brutalize Holly's body as so many other women experienced after pregnancy. She had a girl-next-door pretty face. And her chest, oh my. Mike had had a few daydreams about that chest in the years since he first saw her. A 43-year old woman with a big chest usually has a rear end to match. Holly did not have a big ass at all.

"Are you willing to go to some... what's the word... some unusual lengths? To do something that you can be sure no one else is going to do?"

Again, he left it hanging for her to grasp onto.

After an uncomfortable few seconds pause, all she could think to say was, "I really don't know what I could do that is unusual... I... I can't think of anything at the moment. I'm still kind of digesting this news."

Holly's head was just swimming. She knew she was coming off as flummoxed, unprepared. It seemed like Mike was interviewing her for the job and she wasn't putting her best foot forward here, she knew that. If only she'd had some time to prepare for this!

"You know," he said, pausing momentarily for effect, "...there are things you can do... Things I can help you with..."

Holly sensed he was beating around the bush but didn't know what he was getting at.

"OK, what?" she said, trying to focus.

"I will have a lot of say with respect to who gets this job," he said.

She nodded in response but still didn't know what to say.

"An extremely attractive woman like you has the potential to be looked upon very, very favorably by someone with influence," Mike said. "You just need to have the courage... the want it, to go after it and have someone to go to bat for you during what is going to be a very competitive process."

As he was talking, Mike noticed Holly's face go flush. She seemed to be embarrassed by what he said.

"I don't know..." was all she could say.

Mike decided to shoot the works and go for it.

"OK, look, Holly... You're hot. There's things you could do to advance your position in this process. I can think of a handful of things off the top of my head. You just need to put your head on straight and do it."

"Things I could do..." she said squinting her eyes.

"Yes. Do you want something specific?"

"Yes, because I don't know what the heck—"

"OK," Mike said, "let's do this. Take the afternoon and think about it. I know you're probably in some of the workshops and such this afternoon but you and I both know they're kind of worthless. Walk the strip, do some shopping, think about this position and what it would mean for you to get this job."

"Well, there's one workshop I really need to attend but otherwise..."

"Then, let's say any time after 7:00 tonight, come to my room," and again he gauged her response.

"OK..." was all she could say.

"I want you to come to my room with your decision on what you're willing to do."

"My decision?" Holly said.

"Yes. And we'll make it clear, if you're not willing to, you know, go to some lengths for this job, then say just that. But if you are willing to really put yourself in a great spot for this job, then get on your knees and show me how eager you are for this job."

There was silence for a few seconds. Holly's face again turned into a squint. The squint that says, "What??"

"Get on my knees?" she said. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Holly, you know what I mean. Let's not be stupid here."

Her face was getting red and she squirmed in her seat.

"You want me to— Are you serious?!"

"Well, it looks like we're both clear on what I mean. That's good."

"What the fuck..." she said. "You really think..."

She sat in her seat and shook her head in disbelief.

"How about if we just end this conversation?" she said, putting her napkin on the table. "You've got some gall to think I would—"

"Well, Holly, let me say this," Mike said. "I'll go so far as to say that if you don't do what I'm suggesting, that you will not have anyone in your corner and you will be looked upon very unfavorably as a candidate for this job. How's that?"

"I can't—" she said before he interrupted her.

"I'm not going to debate this with you, Holly, so just stop. And if you think you're going to be uppity enough to go to someone else and tell them what I said just now, consider this. Your chance at that job is gone. If I get fired, no one is going to touch you. You'll be looked at as tainted goods. Yeah, it might not be fair, but that's the reality and you know it. If you're smart and can see enough into the future where you have this job, then act accordingly."

They stared at each other. The sounds from the street - honking horns, the indecipherable chatter of the hawkers - and the dwindling number of people left in the restaurant having their own lunchtime conversations filled the air between them.

Holly hated the smug way he sat there and looked at her. She knew he had her in a spot and she fiercely hated him for it.

"So..." Mike said, "I suggest you think hard about this. Then come to my room after 7:00 - I'll be up til at least 11:00 - and, you know, make your case. I want you all dolled up. Hair, makeup, lipstick, jewelry, you name it. I'm serious. I would suggest you get into whatever are the best clothes you brought with you - heck, go buy something awesome. Can't hurt."

He paused for several seconds to let it sink in. He was trying to steer her in the right direction, to make it look like doing this was really her only option. And maybe it really was her only option.

"Text me right before you get there. I'll leave the door ajar so you can just come right in. Then walk in looking hot, like you own the place. Do a sexy strip out of your shirt and bra. Then drop to your knees and while you're getting my pants undone, look up and tell me what you're going to do to me. Then do it. We can go from there."

"Unbelievable..." was all Holly could say.

"No more. I'm leaving. Hopefully, I'll see you around 7:00. I'll pick up your lunch."

And with that, Mike got up and left.

Holly remained in her chair, dumbfounded as a newborn. What the fuck just happened, she thought. She sat there for a few more minutes, looking around at the other people in the restaurant. Probably none of them had just had their day rocked the way Holly just had hers.

At 6:55 that evening, she sent Mike a text. "Coming over now." She was one floor above him so she took the stairs instead of waiting on the elevator. On the sixth floor, she followed the signs to room 624. She checked the door numbers down the hallway - 632... 630...628 - and there was the door slightly ajar - 624.

As Holly stood outside the door, she contemplated what she went through that afternoon in deciding to go ahead with it. She sat at the table in Denny's for what seemed like forever, mostly determined that she wouldn't give in to that bastard. She'd get that job on her own merits and that would be it.

With a strong resolve, she left Denny's and hit the strip. Almost immediately - like it was the dry desert air - reality hit her. She knew there was no way in hell Mike was going to let her get that job without doing what he wanted.

So Holly laid her cards out on the table to see how they matched up against the house hand.

Not good.

She could not do what he wanted. That meant no job - for sure.

She could do what he wanted. She would get the job.

Or she could do what he wanted... and still not get the job. He could end up fucking her twice.

Bottom line, Holly knew she had a zero percent chance if she didn't do what he wanted; a 50% chance if she did.

How ironic to be in Vegas and be playing such big odds, Holly thought.

Off to the nearest women's clothing store she went. If I'm going to do this, she thought, then I might as well go all in. Geezuz H...

She tapped on the door at 624, thinking for a second how awkward it would be if she had the wrong room, then pushed the door open. The room was well lit and she walked through a sizable living room-type area and back to where the bedroom was. Mike was sitting on the bed looking at his laptop, a radio played quietly.

"Well look who—" Mike said and then stopped briefly. "Holy shit, Holly. Someone dressed like she means it!"

She stood near the foot of the bed, feeling strange, on display. Holly's attire was unusual for her but she had a good idea what Mike was getting at by "dolled up." The 3" inch heels she bought were something she never wore, not even to weddings. She also bought a black skirt whose hemline was closer to her crotch than to her knee. Her button-down top was tight and nicely showed off her very large chest. She topped it off with a fresh coat of makeup - rouge on the cheeks, slightly heavier eyeliner, lipstick - and jewelry, mostly in the form of rings on most of her fingers.

Mike took a few seconds to take in the view and smiled. Holly nervously shuffled back and forth, not knowing what to do. She stood there - blue eyes and brown shoulder-length curly hair with lighter highlights - not knowing what to do.

"I think you made a great decision, Holly," Mike said getting up off the bed and standing in front of her. "You will not regret this."

"I don't know about that... but I'm here."

"You look good," he said. "Fuck..."

He reached up with both hands to grope her chest over her blouse. Holly bit her lower lip and put on her best I'm-very-pissed-off look.

"I would suggest," Mike said, displeased with the look, "that during what is maybe the biggest job interview of your life that you not have that... aura about you. Get me?"

He stopped groping her chest.

"Well how am I supposed to be?" she said, gesturing with her hands. "How?! You think I'm enjoying this?"

"Here's one possibility... You keep doing what you're doing now, I bend you over and nail you in a way you're really, really not going to like. And you don't get anywhere close to that job. You showing up here means you're playing ball. So are you really going to play ball or not?"

Holly looked away, still clearly not happy but trying her best to keep her feelings to herself.

"And you think I'm just going to enjoy this?" she said.

"OK, that's it," Mike said He reached out and turned her around so her back was to him. "If you want it to go that way, then it'll go that way. I really don't care."

He moved around to push her bent over onto the bed and she said, "OK, OK, OK. I get it. I get it."

"Show me," he said.

She stood back up and took a few steps away from the bed, just to give herself some room. Mike stepped up to her and resumed feeling up her chest.

"Good lord, what a chest," Mike said.

"Glad you like it," Holly said hoping her voice didn't betray her real feelings about the whole thing.

"What are those?" he asked.

"I'm a 34E if that's what you mean. That's what having two kids will do."

She produced a half smile and lightly put her hands on the backs of his while he mauled her chest.

Mike moved in closer, bringing his mouth to hers. He kissed her and his tongue found her tongue. Holly swirled her tongue around his, doing her best not to be lousy at it. Mike broke the kiss after a few seconds and then took a handful of her hair with his right hand and lightly tugged it back. He kissed her throat and tongued up to her jawline. He reached down to her ass, pulling her to him as he kissed her again, grinding his crotch into hers.

"You probably can't tell that I'm starting to get excited at all..." he said.

"Nope, not at all," she said and chuckled.

Mike was super hard and was hoping he didn't cum in his pants right then.

"Why don't you put on a little show?" he asked, taking a step back.

"I can do that," she said. "I'm not much of a dancer so I hope you're not expecting anything like that." She managed a little smile.

"Nope. No dancing tonight."

Holly started on the buttons of her top, looking down. As her chest was exposed a little bit, Mike could feel himself getting harder.

Unbelievable rack, he thought.

When she had all the buttons undone she grabbed each half of the opened blouse and pulled it together, playfully looking at Mike. Or rather, doing her best to look playful. Holly wasn't sure how well she was faking it.

She flipped open one side and closed it, then did the same to the other side. "Like that?" she said.

"Haven't seen anything yet," he said. "Don't be shy."

"I'm not used to stripping for anybody," she said, "so uh..."

She opened her blouse and pulled it back over her shoulders, fully exposing her bra. She picked out a pushup bra and in Mike's mind, she hit a homerun with it. Red, sheer, thin material, tight. Pushed her tits up nicely. The cleavage was awesome.

"Ohhhhhhh, niiiiiice!" he said. "Holy..."

"So you approve then? Bought it just today."

"Oh yes. Mike approves."

She tossed the blouse aside and cupped the underside of her tits. The bra lifted her huge chest perfectly.

Absolutely gorgeous tits, Mike thought.

Holly had just a little bit of belly flab but for a woman of 43 who had had 2 kids, she still retained the nice body of a woman who took care of herself.

"You do some working out..."

"Four days a week I get up at 4:30 and go to the Y," she said with obvious pride.

She unclasped the bra but held her hands close together, still covering her chest.

"You ready?" she asked, working up some more playfulness.

"Let's see 'em. Nice and slow..."

Holly separated the bra and spread the ends out wide, her tits now in view.

"Wow..." was all Mike could say. He stepped to her and grasped them in his hands. He cupped them together and reached down to lick the nipples, sliding his tongue back and forth across each one. With a firm tip of his tongue, he flicked the nipples a few times each, loving how her nipples hardened in response. Oh, the fun he was going to have with those.