Working for the Fae Ch. 10

Story Info
Will Tia remember?
3.2k words
4.4
7.5k
7

Part 10 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SisiLala
SisiLala
89 Followers

Sorry this took so long to post everyone. I lost my direction on Tia's future and life got in the way. New chapters to follow at a faster rate!! Please comment, your advice and opinions are very appreciated.

*****

What is this...

It feels, safe... And warm

Who keeps calling me? Let me sleep, damn you... I don't want to wake up... Why..?

Why don't I want to wake up...?

...

"How long is she going to be like this?" Kyle growled, his body bent over his mate in a protective stance. "Why can't I hear her?"

"Kyle, I know as much about fae magic as you and that's very little. I can't tell you what afflicts your bond, only what ails her physically." The pack doctor soothed, attempting to draw Kyle away from his mate. "Please, step back so we can care for her fully. She suffered a great deal of trauma and, though your saliva has helped, it isn't going to heal all of this fully."

Kyle allowed himself to be pulled away from the bed, his wolf howling at their inability to heal their mate. He sat heavily in his chair, the weight on his shoulders almost too much for the man to bear. He took several deep breaths, gazed fixed on the window, as he tried to ignore the aching loss of his mates bond.

...

Kyle... whose name is that?

Why does it make my heart jump?

Who is Kyle?

Kyle?

...

'Kyle?'

Kyle jumped from his chair, abruptly woken from his sleep as the confused question sounded in his brain. Looking at the startled face of the pack doctor, he knew that the question had been internal and not spoken aloud. 'Tia?' Nothing. His mate was silent again.

"Doc. I heard her; just a second ago." He gazed longingly at the prone form on the bed, the rise and fall of the chest the only evidence that his mate lived.

"Good. Rest Kyle, all will be well."

...

Why do I ache... Can't I go back to just the endless whiteness...

I don't want to feel...

Don't make me face... face what? What happened...

Kyle will know; he'll protect me...

He'll protect us...

...

"Kyle."

He gently roused from sleep, his neck stiff from having hung forward as he slept. "What?" He asked, looking up at Chloe.

"James needs you, upstairs." She said, appearing to brace for some form of outrage. "I'm sorry, but it's very important. I'll stay and watch her if you want."

Kyle sighed, stretching, in some ways glad that he had a reason to leave and occupy his mind for a bit. Anything to take his mind of the emptiness he felt. Standing, he went to the bed, pressing a kiss lightly to his mate's forehead, trying to convey in that one action all he felt and regretted. "Please, tell me if anything changes." He asked solemnly. He turned and left before he had a chance to seem his Beta nod, and fix her gaze on her Alpha.

Walking the halls, Kyle watched as his pack moved out of his way, heads down and whimpering slightly. They were unsure of how he felt and thus how they should act. No one knew what it was like to lose their mate bond; Tia presented an unknown. Sighing, he calmly ordered the pack to continue as normal and thanked them for their commitment to the fight; he had neglected to do so in his rush to get his mate to safety. He felt the whole pack relax as his words were passed through the web of the packs mind, all that was left was a concern and love for the alpha pair. They had all seen Tia teach and help them, though she wasn't a true Alpha yet, she was pack.

Eventually, Kyle made it to his office, presuming that James had set up camp on his desk as he usually did. Opening the door, he failed to refrain from smirking at the state of his once pristine room. Paper covered every surface, post-it notes clung to the wall like a flock of butterflies and a rather smelly werewolf occupied the leather chair.

"Alpha, good I need you to look at some of the security tapes Dean managed to snag on the way out of the palace." Dean was the most technologically advanced member of the pack and had the job of dealing with anything remotely technical. "It appears to show a meeting of the fae council."

Leaning over the chair, Kyle watched as a motley group entered an oak panelled room and sat around a large table. Kyle recognised the fae Queen and many others from Tia's memories, his anger bubbling to the surface as he saw a fae with purple hair enter and sit.

James paused the video. "He says a lot sir, so you're going to have to try and keep the growling and snarling in check for a bit." He said, casting an irritated glance at the Alpha. "Besides, you should pull up a chair, they're fae, and nothing is done quickly."

...

I want to see his face... hear his voice again...

Lexter... No... not Lexter...Who are you?... Why do I miss you when I don't know you?

God it hurts... Everything hurts...

...

Two hours on and Kyle felt like his brain was going to implode with the worth of information the video clip held. Mentally, Kyle called for Dean to join them in his office and then set about tidying it, while the video continued on screen: it appeared it was only the farewell social talk left now.

Knock, knock

"Come in Dean." Kyle called, standing from his bent position and stretching slightly. He watched as the thin Omega slipped through the door, his gold hair brushed back and shirt escaping his trousers. "Well done on snagging these tapes Dean, the information on just two hours' worth of film is unbelievable." The praise brought a pink flush to the boy's cheeks. "Now, I need you to sta-"

"SIR!" James interrupted eyes wide as he scrambled to rewind the video. "Sir listen, listen!" He continued, playing the video once more. The only two people left in the room were no the Queen and Lexter, both of whom waited until the door was firmly shut until turning to one another.

'Is it working?' The Queen asked. 'Does she remember anything, can she feel him?' Her tone was slightly desperate.

'No ma'am, she woke up in bed next to me this morning, and barely flinched when I touched her... she can't remember anything.' Lexter replied. Kyle felt his face elongate in fury, this man had been in bed next to his mate and touched her.

'Good, how long will it last?'

'I'm not sure. If it is replenished every day, eternity, but I don't know how long if it's not maintained.' Lexter and the Queen began to move towards the door. 'We just have to make sure nobody says anything to her that could trigger a mind fracture.'

'Of course,' The Queen was part way out of the room before she turned to Lexter again. 'Does this mean we have to go back to pretending that actually care for the little bitch again?' She winked, and then left. James paused the video. We all just stared at the screen for a moment.

"She could be like this... for years." Kyle mumbled, his wolfing howling at the realisation their mate bond may take centuries to return. "FUCK!!"

...

'FUCK!!' ... huh?

That wasn't me... who's there?

Can you hear me?Hello?

...

'Hello?'

Kyle gasped. 'Hello? Tia?'

...

'Tia?'

Who are you? Where am I... why does it hurt?

...

"Sir, are you okay?" James asked, looking quizzically up at his Alpha, startled at the change from fury to shock playing across the man's face. "Sir?"

Kyle shook his head. "Yes, sorry, I just keep hearing her, upstairs." Kyle sat heavily in the chair, face in his hands.

"Dean, could you please look through them rest of the material to see if there is anything interesting." James requested, turning from the Alpha to the young boy, keen for him to leave before the Alpha said anything more. "If you do, please report to Chloe or Barbie." The dismissal was clear and Dean swiftly left the two men in the room alone.

James turned to look at his Alpha; head in his hands, shoulders tense and hunched. His fury at the fae was only spurred by the torment they caused his friend; and the new Alpha bitch. He feared the result of Tia waking and not knowing her mate. It would wreck the man.

...

'Tia? Can you hear me?'

Yes... I can hear you

But who are you? How am I hearing you...

I can't hear anything else...what is your name?

...

'Yes... what is your name?'

His wolf howled, overjoyed at the communication but cut deep at his mate's inability to recognise him. He was about to respond when he heard: 'It hurts, oh my god it hurts'.

...

The pain was unbelievable as my eyes flickered open, the questioning voice still ringing in my head. A blonde appeared before me as I looked at a white washed ceiling.

"Tia? Are you ok?" She asked, appearing excited and worried all at once.

"No, it hurts, oh my god it hurts." I closed my eyes and cried, as my body burned with pain.

...

Kyle had never moved so fast in his life. Before Chloe had even managed to call out to him, he was mere feet from the hospital entrance. His mate was awake! His wolf howled within him, desperate to be let free and touch their mate, to welcome her back. However, Kyle could sense her confusion and pain through the bond: she still didn't know who he was. He reigned in his wolf, bargaining and pleading with him to see how rushing her right now could prove fatal. Taking a calming breath he walked in to the room.

He stopped. The smell of salt from her tears brought the wolf raging to the surface again: he wanted to kill. Struggling with his wolf, he held back as he watched the Doc. Step forward to assess his mate.

"Tia? Can you hear me?" The Doc asked, careful to keep a bit of distance while Kyle's wolf was still raging beneath the surface. "Can you tell me what happened?"

She took a ragged breath. "Who are you? Where am I!?" She asked; the fear and pain evident in her voice. "Where is Caleb?" Her voice cracked as she said the name of her aggressor, her eyes flitting around the room: white and wide.

"Don't worry, he isn't here. He's dead." Kyle's voice surprised her, causing her to jump and fix her gaze on his figure standing in the doorway.

"You.. your voice... how can I hear you, in my head?" Her eyes fixed onto Kyle, tracking his chest as it heaved with the struggle of containing his wolf, his hands just slightly reaching towards her. "Who are you?"

...

I looked at the man as he stood there, his posture conveying both desire and struggle, his eyes warm and hard. His voice was so familiar; it's husky qualities safe and inviting. I wanted to feel his arms around me; I could almost imagine how they would feel. It was terrifying.

"I'm Kyle. I am the Alpha of the New York Pack. We rescued you." Came his gruff reply. He took a tentative step forward. " and hearing my voice in your head; that's a complicated story." He spoke the last with a small, sad smile as if it should have been no mystery to me. I loved that smile, it was one of the first smile he had given me.

Wait. What?

"Tia, I need you to tell me what you know, remember and feel." Another man was speaking again. I swung my gaze to look at his face only to startle at a growl that originated from the Alpha. "Kyle, please. I need to asses her." Ah, so the other man was a Doctor of sorts. Confused, I watched as the Alpha attempted to relax his agitated position. Was he being possessive of me? What is going on? Why are wolves protecting me?

"I remember Caleb attacking me and passing out..." I started, trying to recall the facts behind the memory of pain.

"Do you know why he attacked you?" Came a voice like gravel from the Alpha, his hands clenching at his sides.

"He.. he said that I had betrayed the fae.." I mumbled, still confused at the odd accusation. "That I had, I was the reason the fae were dying, that I had betrayed them all to a dog in order to get fucked." I sobbed slightly, still hurt by the betrayal of my friend. Tears leaked down my face as I remembered the pain he had brought me, how I had called out to that voice in my mind.

CRASH!

Surprised, I looked up to see the Alpha withdrawing his hand from the smashed window pain. I watched as he grasped the bed frame, his muscles tensing and contracting, eyes shut tight in some sort of pain. "It's my fault." He whispered, to himself it appeared but everyone heard it. "My entire fault, this happened because of me." Without thinking, I reached out to cup his face with my hand. I hated the look of agony on his face. As my hand touched his face, I froze: shocked at my actions. The Alpha above me seemed to relax against the contact. His mouth pulled into a small smile and he opened his eyes to look at me.

...

Kyle opened his eyes at the relaxation his mate's touch brought. Looking into her eyes, he could see a number of emotions playing out across her face. Shock, care, confusion, fear. Sighing, he pulled away from the rigid touch, his wolfing howling.

"Doc, can I leave her with you for now. I have to sort something's out. Please call me if anything changes." Kyle asked, turning and walking from the bed. "Chloe, please stay and talk to our guest. Try and help her remember." With that he walked from the room.

He needed to run before his emotions swallowed him whole.

...

Quietly we all watched the Alpha leave: two passively, one with a swirling concoction of emotions. Immediately, the doctor began to examine my body, pulling me this way and that. Eventually, it was deemed that all I needed now was further bed rest and some light painkillers. Before he departed he leant down to my ear and thanked me for saving their lives.

I watched him leave; his parting words no form of salve against the bleeding wound of my mind. I watched as the blonde clearly asked the Doc what my condition was and what the treatment was to be before coming to sit by my bed. She sat down heavily and with a dramatic sigh said:

"All right, you may not know me but I do you, ask me your questions." I watched as she appeared to settle herself in for the long run. It truly did appear as if she knew me. What the hell?!

"Who are you and why are you all looking after me?" I asked. There were so many things that needed answers.

"Well, I'm Chloe Brooks-Norton, Beta of the New York pack." She began, stating her name and rank like a four year-old would to their parent's friends. " And, we're looking after you because you are special to the Alpha."

"Special? How can I be special to your Alpha, I'm supposed to be your enemy!" I asked, infuriated with her avoidance of important information.

"Well, I don't know how to tell you that without you freaking the fuck out and getting me into a heap of trouble." She sighed, "could we perhaps leave that discussion to be had with the Alpha himself. I'm just here to try and jog your memories anyway."

"Jog my memories? What have I forgotten?"

"You... stayed with the pack for a while, for reasons to do with the Alpha." She began, hesitantly. I was not going to get the full story. "you started to befriend some of us and taught us how to fight the fae. Somehow, the fae found you and have blocked your memories." Trying to keep a blank face, I contemplated her words, knowing which mind lock the fae's would have used. It was illegal to put such a thing on another fae. What did I do to warrant such an action?

"How did they get me if I was staying in pack land? No fae would attack here, particularly not for someone whom they considered some form of traitor..."

"Well, they didn't." She mumbled, fidgeting slightly. "You kind of, ran away, using that super speed of yours. Gave me a good bruise as you went past as well." She lifted her shirt to show me a large patch of mottled skin, still present despite a wolf's rapid healing process.

If she was looking for remorse she wasn't going to get it. Clearly I had thought she deserved the mark. Huffing, I laid my head back onto the pillow; frustrated with the story I was receiving. It gaped wide with missing information and details. Why would I run away from people I had just betrayed my race to? Had I been forced? Caleb had said that someone had scarred my private regions bef-

Faces flashed before my eyes, blond hair... two blondes... blue eyes and green... bubbling laughter... agony... "Mine."

...

"Tia?! Tia?! DOC!! DOC!!" I heard a high pitched voice yelling beside me. "DOC!! SHE FEINTED!! DOC!!" Wincing, I turned my head towards the person to tell them to kindly shut up, my head was killing me. Opening my eyes, I saw a blonde with green eyes peering down at me. Chloe. She sighed.

I screamed. Scrambling, I tried to get away from her, resulting in my limbs becoming part of the elaborate tube system to which I was attached. She froze; eyes wide and confused. Still screaming, I pushed my covers away and still fought to put more distance between myself and the blonde werewolf.

The Doctor came rushing in, his kind face wide with confusion and panic. He took barely a second to observe the frozen werewolf and screaming patient before him. Quickly, he rushed to my side, both restraining my flailing limbs while also putting his body between mine and the blonde's.

"Tia, tia" He said, his tone calm and soothing. "calm down. What's wrong? Chloe won't hurt you." He said, trying to stop my struggles before I hurt myself any further. His words barely penetrated my mind as it replayed my torture at the hands of the blonde werewolf and her, what must be, sister. I remembered as my flesh was cut and my mind bombarded with merciless attacks. Yes she would, she would hurt me.

Seeing that his words were failing to calm me, he asked the blonde to administer a sedative. Fighting, I yowled and screeched as I panicked at the thought of being unconscious in the same room as the blonde. Slowly, however, the drug took affect and I slowly passed into sleep.

SisiLala
SisiLala
89 Followers