Workplaces

Story Info
Some are Hellish, some are Heavenly.
9.9k words
4.42
22.1k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
QPwC
QPwC
61 Followers

This story is actually my first erotic story dating from somewhere around 1999. I wrote it to capture something that seemed precious at the time. The sex in this story is not explicit, but there is lots and lots of nudity and it is a fun story, a happy story. If this suits your fancy - Enjoy.

If you want a story with both more explicit sex and a more explicit exploration of spirituality, synchronicity and psychic phenomena in a sexual context I recommend "Driving in Snow."

This story started as a series of three dreams on three successive nights. The second and third nights were refinements and replays of parts of the first nights dream. I did not dream the sex in this dream, I dreamed about remembering it. I cannot begin to capture the spiritual awareness and the pure joy that pervaded the latter parts of this dream. Some experiences are beyond words. This joy stayed with me for several days. The beach scenes and what followed were later fantasies.



I am working for a start-up company, doing most of the design of its first product. There are two other 'engineers' working on designing a very small accessory for the product. My immediate manager, Bill reports to the director of engineering who in turn reports to the president who is named John. The director of engineering, Bill and these two other 'engineers' all came from the same company and are a clique. These two 'engineers' share an office with me. These two people are using my catalog library and tend to be in over their heads doing a relatively simple design. There are also three technicians and a machinist working in the lab. The lab is a large room with a machine shop at one end. It is quite noisy even when the machinery is not running and one machine or another is often running.

This product has a large software component and I am on good terms with the software manager who is named Sam as well as the entire software staff. They are all very competent.

This company is very cramped for space in its current quarters but is planning to move into a larger facility in about six months.

The main product consists of three printed circuit boards and I have finished the design of the first one and it has been fabricated and tested as completely as possible without the rest of the system. The second one has been designed and was being fabricated while I went on a trip for the company. The third card has not yet been designed and only block diagrams exist. This third card ties the other two together and actually is the most simple of the three.

I was away for two weeks, visiting several potential customers and one of our major suppliers. While I was at the supplier's I pointed out to them a possible market niche that I thought they could exploit while my company could not. I enjoyed visiting this supplier because the people there seemed to be both competent and cheerful and additionally the place was full of beautiful women. While I was there I gave away a number of copies of several of my spiritual books.

When I returned to my company on Monday morning the technicians were starting to test the second board and needed my help in the lab such that I never got into my office the first two days I was back (with one 10 hour day, the other 11 and one half hours).

On Wednesday morning I went into my office and found another man sitting at my desk and using my computer. He was an obnoxious slob who said: "Well, it's my desk now." I headed for Bill's office and asked him where my office was, to which he replied: " You can use a spare bench in the lab." I looked at him in disbelief, this had to be a joke, and a poor one at that, there was no way I could do the work I needed to do in that environment, with all that noise, with constant interruptions. We were however very cramped for space and I didn't know where my office could be so part of my mind believed him. Bill went on to explain that the new man, who also turned out to be another one of his cronies, was going to be working on the accessory design with the other two engineers and they all needed to work together. He continued to say that I would be spending a lot of time in the lab so working there all the time shouldn't be a problem. I told them this is not acceptable and he said: "Tough." I asked him where the contents of my desk were and he said that they were in boxes under a bench in the lab. We went back and forth on this for a while and finally I said: "You have an hour to get me a desk and an office or I'm out of here." I started the stop watch function in my wrist watch and walked out.

I headed for the director of engineering's office and he backed up Bill and laughed at me, finally saying "Do you really think you can get another job at your age?"

I walked out of his office and into the lab where I found the boxes with the contents of my desk under a lab bench. The technicians, finally realizing what had happened, helped me move the boxes out to my car. We then got some additional boxes and headed for my previous office where I began to pack my catalogs and other books which were on a bookcase next to my old desk. The fat slob objected and I pointed out that these were my personal books, not company property. When I took the one that he had been using (without permission - I might add.) off his desk he acted like he was about to punch me but one of the technicians who is about six foot three and is built like a football player glared at him and he thought better of it. It is an interesting measure of the total lack of competence of these guys that they didn't have their own catalog libraries and they didn't even know how to build one. I packed all my books and moved them out to my car. I was glad that I did not have anything personal on my office computer.

I sat down at a computer in the lab and wrote a memo addressed to Bill with copies to the director of engineering and the president. In the memo I stated that I viewed not having a desk and an office as a request, by him, for my immediate resignation and that unless his actions were rescinded by 11:30, I would leave at that time. I printed up copies and took one to John's office. John was in a scheduling meeting and his secretary said that he did not wish to be disturbed. I told her that I thought he would want to see this now and if this was not resolved the schedules would be meaningless, but she would not budge. I left the memo with her, dropped off the other two and headed back towards the lab to see if I had forgotten anything.

As I entered the lab the phone rang and it was a call from my friend Herb at the vendor company. When I was there they, somewhat jokingly, asked if I wanted to work for them. I asked him if they really wanted me. He said: "In a heartbeat." I asked him to set up interviews and he said that they knew who I was and that interviews were not needed. I then said O.K. put together an offer and call me at home in the afternoon and gave him my home phone number. I found it interesting that the switchboard had routed my calls to the lab.

After I hung up I ran into Sam and let him read my memo. He was horrified and said: "I know Bill is stupid but I didn't think he could be this dumb." Sam said he wanted to take me to lunch and I ended up going to lunch with Sam and several of the programmers. They all agreed that I was fully justified in my action and wondered aloud if it was time for everyone to update their resumes.

After a long lunch I went home to find messages from Herb, Bill and the director of engineering. Bill's message was asking why I wasn't at work, how dare I take off and concluded with: "You'd better get your a_ _ into my office right away or you're going to be in big trouble with me."

I called Herb first and he said that they were making an offer without any additional interviews. Apparently they had had a debate about the ethics of recruiting me right after my visit. He read me the high points of the offer which amounted to about a 25 percent raise over my current salary as well as a very generous stock option. He asked if there was anything else I would like and I said yes I would like to have a month's vacation each year and the option of taking time off without pay during slow periods to publicize my books. He said he would see what he could do. After we hung up I wondered if I had overplayed my hand and just killed a really good deal.

A few minutes later the personnel manager called me to say this was acceptable and could she fax me an offer? I gave her a phone number and turned on the fax software in my home computer. The fax did not appear immediately and I was starting to worry that something had gone wrong. When it finally did arrive I noticed that everything I wanted was in it plus they had increased my salary to what was a 30 percent raise and included a twenty five thousand dollar starting bonus, all of my moving expenses, specifically including moving our horses, the mortgage payments on my new home until the old one sold, temporary quarters until we bought a new home, five weeks vacation and an even more generous stock option. I would be reporting directly to the vice president for engineering. I called her back accepting the offer and agreed to fly out to them that evening. She asked me to bring extra copies of my spiritual books. Her secretary called me with my plane reservations. All she could get at this short notice was first class. Sometimes life is tough.

Sam, meanwhile had gotten in to see John and convinced him that he had a serious problem. He told John that he had just lost 70 percent of his engineering department. John asked how he figured that and Sam explained that the technicians were 20 percent and everybody else was the last 10 percent. John said: " as bad as that?" Sam just nodded and John headed for the director of engineering's office. Both Bill and the director of engineering were still insisting that I was just grand-standing and would soon be back to work but Sam had convinced John that I was serious and the company had a serious problem. John finally told the director of engineering to get me back or don't come back himself.

The director of engineering drove out to my house shortly after I had accepted the offer from the new firm. He started out arrogantly but I cut him off saying it was moot (He didn't understand the word). I asked him who was more important me or the new guy, and he said that I was. Then I asked him who was more important Bill or I and again he said me but Bill needed an office "Because he is a manager." Finally, I told him what moot meant in this context and that he was too late, that I already had a new position.

He began to whine and said: "How could I do this to him".

I laughed and said: "No, you did this to yourselves." He left shaking and crying. I found out later about John's threat and also that John did not carry out his threat.

I arrived at the new company Thursday morning and spent most of the day meeting with various people in the new firm. Starting off with my immediate supervisor, the VP of engineering, Dave. They were very happy to have me and were proceeding with the idea I had suggested during my last visit. Their marketing people took my suggestion as a starting point and came up with something even better. It was incredibly pleasant to work with these people. Their engineering group was made up of very bright young engineers. Apparently the founding group of engineers had all retired recently, although a number were on call as consultants. What the replacements lacked an experience they made up for in intelligence and good nature.

It seems that I was already famous in the company. My books were being passed around

The starting bonus check was waiting when I arrived. I used it to open a checking account in the new city.

I met with the marketing people and found that I loved what they had done with my idea. Their's was better, much better and I found a way to implement it forming in my mind almost immediately. I suggested several improvements. We went back and forth for two hours, tweaking this and that, and by the end we were all convinced that we had a real winner on our hands.

I had a meeting with the president who wanted to hear my thoughts on how to bring more spiritual awareness to the workplace. He believed that being good to his employees was very important. He thought that work should be fun, fun for everyone in the organization. He said that he really resonated with the idea of employment as being part of the spiritual classroom. He also agreed with the idea of businesses having karma. I found out later that he had read my books after my first visit and told his staff: "I want this guy."

Late in the day I was again talking with Dave. He asked me if he could take me to breakfast in the morning and I agreed. He picked me up at my motel at 8:00 sharp. We went to a small restaurant which served really good breakfasts. I found Dave to be a really nice guy. We talked until 10:00 and then went to the plant.

After lunch on Friday Dave suggested I tour the city and asked his secretary Carol to show me around. She was a very beautiful girl in her early 20s. She dressed neatly but conservatively, in a manner which seemed to minimize her charms. She took me around showing me some of the residential areas and together we explored the equestrian communities at one end of the town.

She was very interested in my spiritual thoughts. It seems that she had read one of my books the night before and was very intrigued. She especially liked my emphasizing the idea that everything is really spiritual at its core and that living is spiritual classroom.

She was a young lady with a great deal of spiritual insight, intuition and some psychic ability . We talked about spiritual themes as we drove around and we found that we were starting to become telepathic. As we waited at a traffic light I reached over and squeezed her hand. She looked back at me with a broad smile and telepathically communicated the great joy he she felt in my action. We were each separately and together becoming aware of several past life connections, connections where we were able to work together without generating a pile of karma to resolve. Instead we were finding ourselves in a space where we are free to love without baggage.

We were drifting in and out of telepathic communication and sometimes one of us would start a sentence verbally and finish it telepathically. She told me that she had never been telepathic with anyone before and was really enjoying it. So was I.

Late in the afternoon she asked me where I would like to go for dinner. I thought that after two weeks on the road that I was really tired of typical restaurant meals and would like to eat at a place which served meals which were like home cooking. She looked at me quizzically and then smiled slightly. I was not getting a telepathic read on what she was thinking and she said: "I know just the place." She drove silently several miles making several turns along the way before turning into a supermarket parking lot. She said: "Lets buy dinner." We bought groceries for our dinner and as we were driving to her apartment I received a telepathic knowing that I was the first man that she had ever brought home for dinner. In fact I was the first man she ever invited into her home ever. I felt very honored by that. She was pleased that I had felt honored. When we got to her apartment we hugged and we both felt great union.

As we were preparing dinner we talked/telepathed about her life and she told me that she was 24 years old and had dated a little in high school but not at all during college or since. She said that she had hardly even necked and then with only one boy. She explained that the only fellows who would ask her out were the ones she had no interest in (i.e. received a strong intuitive "NO" about). Except at work she was very shy and even there she would not let any of the young single men know that she was available. She said that she was despairing of ever meeting a man when about two months before she had gotten a very strong intuitive message that this was about to change and it was now time to start taking birth control pills.

I asked her if she was and she blushed, took a deep breath, smiled, looked me in the eye and whispered "Yes." Our conversation then drifted back into a discussion about the spiritual meaning of life.

After dinner our conversation continued almost completely telepathically. We were both exploring new ground. I found myself thinking that we should talk and tape this but she smiled got up and went to her computer. When it was up and running she started to type in what we had just been thinking about. We continued to explore new spiritual areas and she continued to type. I should point out that she was the fastest typist I have ever seen. The words would just fly into the machine. She could type behind what she was thinking which allowed us to continue developing ideas while the documentation caught up. Nonetheless, we would occasionally stop to let her catch up. We were really into a neat space and together we were writing a new book. The book was very much stream of consciousness, a first draft and we both knew it would take a great deal of wordsmithing before it was ready to share.

At one point I found myself wondering what we would write if she were sitting on my lap with my penis deep inside her. She blushed beet red at this thought but did not send a "no" either. She may have blushed but I was very embarrassed by having had the thought. We did not pursue this further.

We finished it at about 1:00 AM. She copied it to a CD for me and asked if I would like to stay the night. She knew that I was married but that did not seem to matter. I knew that she had sensed my situation, notably that my wife and I had been sexually inactive for many years and that I was not at all happy about it. I agreed and we hugged again. She offered to share her toothbrush and asked me if there was anything I really needed from my hotel room. I said no and she smiled at me. We hugged again and I said that I really needed a shower. She again turned beet red as I thought about sharing a shower with her. She then started to giggle and nodded. I knew that she had never seen a man naked before. Also she was somewhat afraid that I would not find her attractive when she was undressed. She brought up an image of herself as viewed in a mirror, nude, which I saw with my minds eye. I responded with a nonverbal equivalent of "Wow you're magnificent."

We stood hugging and kissing for a while, just enjoying the moment and each others touch, both physical and telepathic. Finally we broke apart and walked together into the bathroom, both thinking about the hygienic considerations of sharing a toothbrush and both laughing at worrying about it given the way we had just been kissing. We each brushed and flossed our teeth and she began to blush again. I asked her if she would prefer if we took separate showers but she said that she really wanted to do this.

We kissed some more before we started undressing each other. We hugged and kissed nude for a while before getting into the shower. The word magnificent proved to be an understatement. She giggled and squealed a bit as we washed each other but we did not really get into petting at this point. We stayed playful. After we had dried each other off and hugged some more we went to bed together and cuddled and kissed until we both fell asleep. We slept soundly.

My plane flight home was scheduled for Saturday afternoon. The next morning we spent most of the time telepathically cooperating in more writing, occasionally taking breaks to hug and kiss. We stayed nude all this time and it was very apparent that she was totally comfortable with this. Finally we dressed and she took me back to my hotel and then followed me on to the airport. We didn't kiss at the airport, it just was not necessary. Instead we were deep into each other's minds.

QPwC
QPwC
61 Followers