World of Ranicke Bk. 03 Ch. 04

Story Info
Chapter 4.
7k words
4.76
7.8k
9
0

Part 14 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

A/N: this chapter and others might upset some of the readers since there is going to be some sex. Remember Theik-Lekal has no memories from before he arrived. As most of you have guessed he is in a way Jim but not quite. He did die at the end of the last book and it was permanent.

*****

Theik-Lekal had finally made it to the city and he had to admit it was rather impressive. He was standing off to one side on the top of a small hill looking at the city. The walls looked to be a good thirty feet tall if not more and from the looks of it a good ten feet thick. The gates were massive and heavily guarded. The city itself was huge and he had to guess contained at least one hundred thousand people if not more.

After watching it for a while he finally moved back over to the road and headed towards the gates. People were moving in and out with minimal interference as far as he could tell. Most didn't have weapons though and that might be a problem for him. Since he had picked up a decent sized knife he had put the heavy dagger away though he still had the axe over his shoulders. As he moved closer to the gate the heavier the traffic.

From what he could tell most of the people had trade goods of some sort and they ranged from farm produce to material. He could smell carts of spices and possibly scented woods and incense as well. Those were heavily guarded by some very mean looking caravan guards. Most of them carried a variety of weapons though few actually carried an axe of any sort. That made him wonder if it was some sort of symbol indicating an Imperial guard of some sort. It might cause him some trouble when he tried to enter the city though he hoped not.

When he finally did approach the gate several hours later as he rather expected he was pulled off to one side. "Why you carry an axe? How do you deserve it and what is that small thing for?" The guard was similar to the ones he had killed the first day.

Theik-Lekal met the guard's eyes and gave him an open yet slightly stupid smile. "I's be a wood cutters sur. I's here to checks on some matters for ma master sur. He's be wantin current prices froms his factors." God he hoped that they wouldn't look past the ignorant speech.

The guard turned to another and discussed it for several minutes. As they were Theik was trying his best not to sweat or look nervous. What he was going for was a country hick that was slightly on the simple side.

The guard turned back to him and gave him a good look. "So why be your master havin and simpleton doing his work for him?" Depending on the answer they might have a bit of fun with him.

Theik scratched his sweaty and dirty hair before scratching at an armpit. "I's just be pickin up soems scrolls for hims. He's bint busy with some ting back homes. His youngin is being mated soon and he's workin on hers", he frowned slightly, "Oh, dowerys for some wood cuttin place." He gave him a simple smile. "Hes not ables to come here so's he sent me."

Well crap that ruined the guards fun. "Fine, git your papers and be gone soon's as possible peon." He did give Theik a shove back into the crowd and laughed when he almost knocked some woman off her feet.

Theik managed not to knock her over and gave a nod to the guard. "Has a good one sur." He turned and trudged back into the crowd and once away from the gate house stood tall again. The pull was dragging him off towards the left so he followed it. As he was walking he eventually made it to what looked like a central market.

He moved off to one side and while sipping on some water from a skin he looked around the open area. It was large and seemed to be organized though some aspects bothered him. Immediately to his left was what looked like a slave area since there were a number of people chained up or in cages. That made him want to scream but instead his gray eyes traveled around the rest of the area. As he was looking his eyes were drawn to what was a procession of some lord.

The man appeared to be young yet obviously carried himself with a confidence that others didn't have. He appeared to have five or maybe six guards and what might be a tutor or advisor. All the clothing and armor was in very good shape and had gold and silver emblems. Theik started following them for some reason and as he did he noticed the crowd was parting for the young man or the guards. There wasn't quite the fear he had seen before though there was some.

~~~

Zephara had finally gathered his personal guards and the tutor after lunch and headed towards the main market. Since it was a distance away the used some riding beats to get to the location. Once there they had dismounted and handed the beasts over to one of the Imperial approved stables.

Once they were off the beasts they started looking through the markets. He was simply looking to see what might catch his eye while the tutor had a few specific items. "Your Highness based on your studies there are some items I would like to gather. If you wish to come with I can introduce you to some of my suppliers. Since you are looking into alchemy at the moment there are some suppliers with special chemicals we can use. Also there are two mechanical Magisters that you might want to meet as well. They are very good with gears and some of the fine machines you find interesting."

Zephara nodded. "That sounds very good but I would like to take a look at some of the book sellers as well. I heard rumor about a new seller who has some old books that might be of value in my studies." The male he was talking about appeared to deal with scientific books on the surface. Much deeper he had a reputation for having books about religions and auguries. Those he wanted as well though where he was going to keep them he didn't know. It was something he might have to talk to his tutor about.

"Well your Highness shall we head to the other end of the plaza where most of the book sellers are." It wasn't the best of sections but with the guards they would be safe. There were other book sellers in better sections but most of them were only there for the popular books. Granted the books the sellers he was thinking about did charge a great deal for some of their inventory.

Zephara nodded at the tutor and he wished he had some time to talk to him without worrying about stray ears. "Sounds like a good idea. We have gone through most of the books in the library that deal with that type of information. I am sure my father won't mind my expanding the library somewhat." He looked at the guards. "Ensure we are not bothered. I know the section and it is not properly patrolled and I don't want any incidents."

The senior guard nodded at the boy, no young man. "Most definitely your Highness. I will ensure that you aren't bothered or accosted." He had originally disliked being detailed working for the boy but he was starting to prove himself. If he kept going the Captain was going to consider doing a bit of clearing the path for him.

One of the guards mentally smiled though. He had been paid a handsome fee to look the other way by one of the idiot's brothers. All he had to do was be somewhat out of place at the right time and allow some 'ruffians' to get to him. Half the money had been given to him and he had passed it on to his family. The rest would be given once it was over with. Little did he know he wasn't expected to survive long enough to receive the balance.

~~~

As they moved towards that end of the Market Theik-Lekal was casually checking out the slave cages. He had to frown since he could feel something in the back of his mind grumble at him. It was a good growl as he was walking down the cages. As he was moving around he was checking out what was being offered and frankly he wanted to kill someone. The section he was in had both young males and females. They had what he would call barely there clothing so it showed off their bodies. He knew why they would do that and it revolted him.

In the back of his mind the grumble was trying to placate him and Theik guessed that this might change somewhat. When or how he didn't know but he accepted the grumble but kept wandering. When he walked past one cage he had to move back and look inside it. Inside was a young female who he guessed was around fifty five or so turns old. Though he didn't have any desire for that type of thing he was feeling drawn to her. Theik squatted down in front of the cage though not to close. "Hello youngling, my name is Theik-Lekal. What is your name and if'n you don't mind my asking how did you end up here?"

She cowered back slightly when the large male returned to her and squatted down. When he spoke his gray eyes were steady and his face didn't show any of the unwanted attention. As far as he could tell other than a very brief look at her body his eyes settled on hers and stayed there. She finally moved a bit forward and looked at him. In a scared voice she answered him. "Why are you named Voice of Sorrows?" She blanches the moment she asked that. "Forgive master, I forgot myself. I came here when my family perished during a fight against the rebellion." Her voice was so quiet it was hard to hear.

Theik-Lekal simply sighed. "Girl don't feel bad about what you asked. As to why I can't really tell you since I don't know. I will tell you a secret, I lost my memory not very long ago and someone gave me that name." After a glance around he reached between the bars of the cage and touched her cheek before withdrawing it. "I am sorry to hear that youngling. If you are willing I am going to purchase you. I have no ill intent towards you or sick desire for your body. Is this acceptable?"

She almost flinched from his touch but it was gentle and so brief she had to wonder if she imagined it. When he asked her if she minded his purchasing her she was forced to stare at him in shock. Once she had been captured she had never expected to be asked what she might want again. To be asked was enough to almost break the shell she had tried to create around her mind. "If that is your wish master then I will say yes."

He nodded and stood up before bellowing for the slave master. "Guard get the owner of this child. I wish to purchase her if the price is right." His expression was hard and uncompromising. It indicated if the guard didn't do what he ordered immediately he would regret it.

The guard didn't bother answering and ran for the owner of that section of slaves. It wasn't much longer before they were back and the owner gave Theik an oily smile. "So you wish to purchase her? She is a pretty young thing and untouched by any one at this moment." He gave Theik a knowing smile.

Theik leaned forward since he wasn't amused. Just for good measure his fist shot forth and grasped the male by his shirt. "Don't give me any of your shit or try to know what I am thinking you mud toad. What is the price and I want a robe for her so her skin won't burn." He shoved the man back as he released the grip.

The male was about ready to call for some guards but something in the man's face indicated he would be the first to die. Instead he tried to huff. "Fine, whatever makes you sleep at night. Her asking price is twenty five gold Imperials." He tried to sound convincing but it came across to Theik differently.

He knew exactly what was in his pouch but he wasn't going to come close to that price. "Get real man, other than being young and virgin she doesn't have much else going for her. She is going to have to be trained for any other use. I will give you ten gold Imperials and three silvers." He was probably going to make her feel bad but he was as insulting as possible.

"Good sir, that won't even cover my costs for feeding alone much less some piece of cloth you want for her. The lowest I could go would be twenty three Imperials." Now that he had an idea of what the male might want for her he settled down for the haggling.

Theik growled at him. "Bullshit, I could get several untrained servants for that price. The highest I will go is..." Eventually they settled on sixteen gold and four silvers. The guard had already gone and picked up a simple shift for the girl.

Once the money was handed over the slave trader tossed the shift into the cage. "Get dressed slave and don't give your new owner any problems." Once she had dressed he fixed a leash to the collar already around her neck and handed the leash to Theik-Lekal.

Theik glowered at the male till the girl was in his possession and mentally made a note to kill this dick when he had a chance. "Come child and let's get to where I am going." He didn't bother jerking the leash though he didn't take it off. Once they were away from the slave section he turned to her and squatted down. "I would like to know your name but for now it can wait if you want. As I said I'll not mistreat you in the way the little squealing mud toad indicated. I don't desire children in my bed for sexual purposes. I will treat you well, feed you, keep you clothed, and clean. What I ask of you is to come with me and do your best to believe I will take care of you."

She looked at him since even squatted down they were close to eye level. She did her best to try and feel if he honestly meant what he was saying. Nothing sound off in his words or actions but that didn't really mean much. The best she could hope for was that whatever he did to her he was gentle. "My name is Z'nala and I will try my best sir. What do you want me to do? Can I carry something for you?" She would do what she could to keep from being beat or used for as long as possible.

Theik snorted at her. "Z'nala call me Theik or Lekal since I am not a sir at all. I have a feeling if I asked you to carry my bag you might fall over." He gave her a sly grin when he said that. "What I want you to do is stay with me at all times till I say otherwise. I can't take care of you if you aren't near me. If for some reason I do end up in a fight find a safe nook to hid in till the fight is over." His gray eyes studied her again. "I swear on my totem animal that I will take care of you and protect you."

She looked down when he told her to call him by his name. "I am a slave and I was taught not to call my master or mistress by name sir. I was told it would get me beat if I did. I really don't want to get beaten." Considering what she had been taught in the short time she had been a slave this man was odd. "Totem animal sir? What is that? I have never heard of such a thing before."

He had to roll his eyes at her for a moment. "Fine call me sir for now and I don't normally beat children. I might discipline them if needed but abuse of any sort I tend to frown on." When she asked what he meant by a totem animal he had to scratch his head. "Huh, I will explain it later when we have a room somewhere. I need to purchase a few things so do what I say and I will keep you safe." He stood and turned back towards the pull.

~~~

Zephara had already visited one book seller and picked up several books which went into his or the tutor's bags. Two were on Alchemy and one on mechanical devices. All three were similar to what he already had but were by different authors. He purchased them both to see if he might learn something and to start getting his name known as looking for this sort of item.

Once done there he went to the last book seller, the one known to sell the auguries and religious texts. Today he wasn't going to ask specifically for that type of book directly. He was going to ask for 'odd' books that might have some information of scientific knowledge.

As they were heading in that direction the captain of his guard was not looking very happy. "Milord please keep the visit short this trip. Next time let me know if we are coming here and I will bring additional guards." To be honest he wasn't greatly worried about being attacked since they were in Imperial garb. Just to make sure he kept his eyes busy roaming around. Just for good measure he snarled at the others to keep their guard up. One man he was keeping his eye on though. He was a good warrior but something just made his teeth ache.

"I hadn't realized it was quite this potentially dangerous when I discovered this seller. I am just going to do a quick review of what he has and then we can leave. If I purchase something I will make sure it is quick." He had started noticing the difference in the clothing and how the crowd carried themselves. For a brief moment he considered simply leaving and coming back later but he really wanted to check out the book seller.

~~~

As Theik was following the pull he was also noticing the differences in the crowd. This was a much rougher crowd and he could feel eyes on him and his new slave. He could feel the eyes evaluating him and deciding he wasn't worth the hassle. It was the way he carried himself as well as his weapons that were obviously well used and carried comfortably. That and his eyes seemed to promise a short yet painful death if needed.

With the pull as they approached the far end of the market square he found they were getting near the Imperial party. He assume it was an Imperial part since they had lots of gold and the young male was in fine robes. Since he didn't want to get in trouble with the party he stayed somewhat away from them. As his eyes were traveling around he found a clothing stall that should have something for the girl. That she could carry.

As he was heading towards there he was keeping an eye on the Imperial party just because. While he was watching the movement of one of the guards caught his attention. All he did was move towards a booth. What the booth was selling he didn't know but it opened a chink in the protection around the young man. That definitely wasn't right so he started angling slowly towards the group though he was trying to be subtle about it by looking at items in the booths.

A shadow caught his attention but by the time he looked up a number of thugs had started streaming out. "Oh flipping hell, hid child and when things are cleared up find me. Remember don't go far or I can't protect you." Theik started in that direction once the fighting had been joined.

~~~

Lak-Non had settled in the cold water and after soaking for a few minutes started working the shampoo into his hair. The female had hurried out of the bathing area to talk to the master of the place he assumed. He was still feeling somewhat confused by what all of them had said about his tattoo. He had it on his chest for many years even though he didn't know what it meant. His prior employer had a similar one as well.

How Zephara had gained it he had never been willing to tell him other than it had come during a dream. It was what had drawn the two of them together as well as forced them apart. It had been years since he had last seen Zephara and how he missed the young man. The Augers had told Lak-Non that he had to leave or bad would happen so with a great deal of sadness he had left.

By the time he had finished getting clean and moving over to the hot spring Erma was back with some good clothing. "Sir the master would appreciate it if you would join his table this evening. Here are some clothes for you and yours are in the process of being cleaned. Please forgive any insult to your rank since we didn't know."

Lak-Non gave her a polite smile, much like he had learned working for Zephara, before replying. "Thank you Erma and I appreciate it. When my clothes are done they are done and I am not too worried since I am going to need some new ones. As far as forgiveness none is needed since you have been very helpful and I will join the master of the inn. Mind you that is only if you join us as well. If you have a mate I would enjoy meeting him as well." It had been a while since he had been with a woman and it was one way to find out.

She lowered her ears at his words. "I will inform the Master of the inn that you will join him. As I mentioned I can help you find more appropriate clothing in the next day or two. As far as joining you I would be more than honored and as of now I don't have any mate. If you will excuse me I will go and talk to the master and then come to your room and get you when it is time for dinner." She hurried away again.

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers
12