World of Ranicke Bk. 03 Ch. 05

Story Info
Chapter 5.
5.5k words
4.65
7.6k
8

Part 15 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

Theik-Lekal could only react. When he noticed the riffraff and thugs charging out of the shadows something in him reacted and he had to head towards them. As he was moving forward all he could really hope was that the girl would do what he had told her to do. While moving forward he noticed the one guard who had drawn his attention was slowly starting to react. He instantly knew that he was a traitor to the one he had been watching. If all else failed he would deal with him and get some information from him.

Zephara was still talking to the seller there was a bellow from his senior guard. He turned and the sudden silence of the area startled him for a moment before a throng of screaming men came at the small party. For a brief moment he was almost offended since they should know that attacking an Imperial party was tantamount to suicide even if they took out the target. A brief moment later he surged forward and had his battle axe in hand and listened to the commands from his senior warrior.

"All back around Zephara. Protect and guard him with your lives." The bellow was loud enough to make some pause. "All who attack an Imperial party is eligible for death of the worst sort." That bellow made a few more pause but it wasn't enough by a significant amount. There were only half dozen guards to probably twenty or more attackers.

Before the battle was joined a small waif darted behind Zephara and almost caused him to strike at her. When he turned to her he found a young girl of his race who was maybe ten or eleven years old. "What are you doing girl?" He asked her.

She ducked down and held an arm over her head. "Please don't hit me master. My owner told me to find somewhere to hide if there was any sort of fight. I am just doing as he ordered." She was crouching down as well as she spoke.

Zephara looked down at her and smiled slightly. "In that case stay down and I will do what I can." A shadow caught his attention and he whirled around and struck. The axe slashed across an attacker's chest which caused the man to scream and flinch back. When Zephara snapped the axe back around he used just enough of the bits to slice the man's neck open. There was a spurt of arterial blood as he went down.

Theik had joined in the battle but was staying well away from the Imperial guards since he really didn't want to face them. Just looking at their weapons they were much heavier than his and were being used with a brutal efficiency. Since he had what most would take as a wood cutters axe he was using glancing blows. Unlike the guards he was using most of the axe as best possible. He would nail one with the bits only to snap the butt against the head or throat of another.

As he was fighting he watched one guard go down but the young man, who was probably some Imperial relative, was doing damn good though he was much smaller than the others. Out of one corner of his eyes Jim noticed the one guard dash down an alleyway and he went after him. The other was moving fast but he didn't appear to notice that Theik was following him till the last moment. As he was getting ready to strike at him the warrior spun around.

"Who the Segnan are you filth. I am an imperial guard and to interfere with me is to die." The guard figured that with the uniform he was wearing would keep him safe. "I am going to get help as ordered so get out of my way vermin human."

Theik laughed. "Is that why you opened the way for the thugs and then ran? I didn't hear any orders called to you before you ran. Face me like a man or die like the dirt you are." His body was coiled and ready for whatever might happen.

The other gave a huge swing of the battle axe he was carrying to try and take out the human in one strike. Most of his kind had a low opinion of humans and had never faced one who had the training Theik had.

Theik danced back and returned the swing. Though he knew better it was a light flickering blow across one leg. "Children shouldn't play with the trained. Come little girl and show me what you aren't." That was a definite sneer when he said it. It was obvious the human had little respect for the other.

The guard growled and gave another massive swing. This time he would connect and prove the human wrong. That was till he felt a sudden pain low in his chest and a surge of agony. When he looked there was a short wide blade rammed between two ribs and aimed upwards. On the tip of the blade he could feel his heart thudding against it as it shredded itself apart as it beat. A sudden belch of blood came forth as the male collapsed to his knees. The blade slipped out of his chest and he fell over.

Theik had known the other would try for another massive blow and instead of responding with his axe had pulled his short blade with his left hand. As soon as the axe had gone past he had stepped forward and rammed it between the others ribs. "As I said children shouldn't play with those better trained." Once the other collapsed Theik took a moment to check the body and came away with a pouch heavy with coins. "As I thought." With that he turned back and headed back to the fray.

By the time he returned to the central area the fight was mostly over. There was any number of bodies lying around of which most were the thugs. Two were of the warriors and they appeared to have died fighting. There were several gathered around the young man and an older male. Theik noticed they bristled as he started to approach and stopped. "I wish you no harm milord but you are between me and mine."

The warrior captain started forward before the prince stopped him. The human in front of him was covered with blood as were the axe in one hand and the short blade in the other. "Why do you say that human?" The prince called out. He didn't really think about the young girl behind him as he spoke.

Theik glanced at the warrior and then the young man. "I said I intend no harm and this is my proof." He laid the axe down as well as the short blade. He dropped the bag next to them and his pouch as well. "I only wish to thank you for protecting what is mind milord. I found Z'nala in the slave markets and was repulsed by what might be done to and with her. I purchased her to keep such from happening and simply wish to collect her." His hands were out away from his sides as he spoke.

The prince realized who he was talking to and glanced over his shoulder at the girl. She gave him a slight nod. "He is my master and he purchased me. He told me I had no need to concern myself with anything..." She looked down at the ground and hunched her shoulders. "He told me that I wouldn't be used or beaten unless there was a very good reason sir." She was well spoken which was obvious.

Zephara listened to her and then turned back to the male. He briefly nodded at two of his warriors. "I am sending two warriors out to check to make sure you don't have any weapons on you. Once confirmed we will talk. I do have to ask why you involved yourself in this issue?" He had seen the human attack some of the attackers.

Theik gave him a nod. "Milord I have no edged weapons of any sort on me. I am warrior trained though so to say I am unarmed would be to lie. I became involved for a reason which I can only tell one who I have been tasked with helping. I can't explain more than that except I was drawn to this section of town." He paused while the guards came over and gave him a good search. One curled back the leather vest which showed the tattoo.

Zephara was more than shocked since it resembled his tattoo. "Release him now that you have searched him. Bring him to me since I have a question for him. For this I demand privacy." He didn't consider the girl since at the moment she was a slave.

The senior warrior frowned at Zephara. "Are you sure my prince? He has stated that he is dangerous even if not armed." Even if they had been in the middle of battle he had kept half an eye on the young man and was more than impressed with how he had handled himself.

Zephara gave him a tight smile. "I am sure though I can't tell you why. I know that he won't harm me and part of that is since he was protecting a simple slave." Though he rather disliked the trade it was common but to see someone send a slave to be protected by someone his age had impressed him.

"Prince I can't in good conscious leave you alone with him." He came to attention and in a low voice. "Prince you are my hope for the empire. If something happened to you... I do not want to see what would happen to your people." It was only heard by the two of them and was essentially a proclamation.

Zephara gave him a good solid look. "Thank you warrior and that means a great deal to me. Stay with me though I know he is not of a problem. I cannot tell you why for the moment but I do know this in my bones." He turned and waved the human towards him. "Come human and we will talk. I expect privacy and check to make sure before I talk to him." He looked at his tutor and spoke quietly. "If you are loyal stay."

When Theik approached the young man he kept his hands relaxed. "Goon nooning milord, I am called Theik-Lekal though how I came by that name I know not." He glanced at the two males before looking at the girl. "Come here child. I said I would protect you and I did." When she moved over he knelt down and gave her a quick check to ensure she wasn't hurt. "Stay behind me child." He stood back up and looked at the others.

Zephara managed not to let his shock show since he was the one who had named the voice in his mind. "I have one question for you at the moment. Why did you attack when you could have left and not have been involved?"

Theik gave him a level look. "Because I was called to, as I said I am not sure why but I have been. It was the same with the young lady there. I was called to save her." That and he had some plans which he wasn't going to talk about involving the slave trader. "I also attacked since I..." he glance at the other two and pulled out the pouch, "I knew you had been set up. I pulled this off one of the guards." He handed it over.

The prince frowned at him and for the moment settled for taking the pouch from him and opened it. Inside was way more than any warrior could make in a year of working. That and most of it were new minted as well. He briefly showed the other two which caused the warrior to tighten his face and the older male to frown. "For now this is yours and I would have use of you if you are willing. I would like to hire you as a trainer for the moment and yes I have somewhere for you and your... Charge."

Theik smiled at him slightly though he was keeping some of his thoughts to himself. There were things going on he had no idea of. "Call me a weapons tutor if you wish milord. Not to be disparaging but you are not as large as the others and I know a great deal about a variety of combats. It was something I have been trained in." How he knew that he didn't know but he did. "As far as my charge thank you though I was going to be purchasing some items for her. I'll not have a slave other in other than maybe name."

The four of them slightly nodded since the rest of this needed to be discussed in private. "I accept that and I will introduce you to my father as one who helped. No mention of the one guard will be made, do you understand?" Zephara asked.

Theik snorted at him. "Oh hell yah, what the others don't know keeps them on their toes. I accept and will be your willing servant. Well within limits which we will discuss later." He curled an arm around the girl and it was obvious he had claimed her.

~~~

To be honest the meeting with Zephara's father, Theik finally knew the boy's name, was frankly a pain in the ass. It was obvious the other had little use for humans and had trouble believing that Theik had really been involved. In Theik's eyes that was a good thing since the less he was though of the better he could operate in secrecy and privacy.

Once the meeting was over the five of them were escorted to Zephara's suite. When they walked in Theik's gray eyes traveled around the room and settled on the slave already in there. His first reaction was to kill the man and find a new slave. He knew nothing about how Zephara had received him and if they were going to be working together he had to know. As he was thinking ideas were crossing his mind and a very faint smile traced across his features. It wasn't a nice smile but it wasn't an evil smile.

Now Theik knew why he had been driven to purchase the girl. For now she was going to become Zephara's new slave and take care of most of his needs. Depending on how long he ended up being here as she grew and aged they could create the illusion of her being used for more. It wouldn't happen unless she made the choice but for now it would be useful.

Zephara looked at the slave. "Go get drinks, snacks, and some decent clothing for Theik's slave. Be quick and then leave us in peace." From the tone and way he spoke he didn't care for the slave either. The dismissal was an obvious one and the slave scurried out of the room. Once gone Zephara rolled his shoulders. "Thiek we need to talk and I need to know what you can tell me about the symbol on your chest."

Theik frowned slightly as he contemplated the room. "In a few moments please. Does that doorway lead to a bathroom?" When Zephara nodded Theik smiled. "Excellent, Z'nala go start a bath for yourself. Get clean and..." He dug around in the small bag of clothes they had picked up for her. "Put something decent on." When she came to get the clothing he leaned over and whispered in her ear. "Don't make a mess but be noisy as you get clean."

She gave him a slightly confused look and then with a nod bowed. "Yes master and thank you for allowing your slave to get clean." Z'nala headed to the bathroom and a few moments later running water could be heard. Now Theik spoke to Zephara. "How secure are your rooms? Do you know of any spy holes or listening posts? If so we need to neutralize those first." He didn't want to kill anyone since that would draw attention to them.

Zephara tensed and let his eyes roam the walls. The general assumption was that he and most of the others were being spied on. "Chances are good but there are times when it is safer to talk than others. Let me think on this and we will talk later." About then the slave came back with the items requested. "Put it on the table and leave. If I have need of you I will call for you."

Theik stared at the slave till he left. "He needs to be dealt with. I will take care of it. I will tell you what I have been trained in and then we will go from there." He picked up the watered down wine and sniffed it and then took a small sip. He would not put it past anyone to put some sort of poison in it.

The young man noticed what he was doing and had to give him a wry grin. "It should be safe though better safe than sorry." He also took a small sip and indicated for Theik to continue. From the bathroom were the sounds of the girl getting clean and she was being noisy about it.

~~~

Lak-Non laughed. "I am not sure what I could say since I am new here. I don't know how your packs might work but after being on a ship... I don't know what could be worse than that." He had to shudder. "I will not regale you with tails of what that was like at times." It wasn't fun sometimes though he had enjoyed it. Having to drop a load at the Break Head was not his idea of fun or using salt water to get clean with. By the end of two weeks most people reeked to high heaven but shortly after that your nose became numb to it.

That wasn't even mentioning the crowded living conditions, dirty clothing, and boring food. Having to eat a Rigzon each meal to keep from getting Rickets really sucked as well. About the only good thing was the rum ration at meals. That and for some reason he really did enjoy sitting at the foc'sle in the evening looking at the stars. There was a freedom as you were dancing in front of a freshening breeze and listening to the snap and pop of the sails and ropes.

Once they were in the room he settled down on the bed and leaned back against the headboard. "I don't know you much but I like to talk and spend a bit of time before I take someone to bed." For a moment his eyes unfocused before he continued. "It was something I learned long ago. Even if I am not going to have a long term relation I rarely have a one night stand. I want to know the people I am with Erma."

She contemplated him and what he had to say and wished that she knew a male like him. She moved over to the bed and settled down next to him and leaned against him. "I have to say that I am almost jealous of who you might end up with down the road. I hope she comes to appreciate what a male you are. Many men would simply go for the easy screw and call it good." She smiled as he wrapped an arm around her. "I think that is something that drew me to you. You felt and scented as a solid male."

Lak-Non wrapped an arm around her and held her close. "I am sure you will find the one for you Erma. You are an attractive female and from what little I know of you a good person. It can take some time I am sure to find the right one but better to wait than grab the first many times. As far as a mate for me? The gods only know since I have the urge to wander. Maybe one of these days I will find a female who will give me the urge to settle down."

Erma rubbed her head against him and smiled. "Maybe you should mate with a Pack or Tribal member since they are always traveling. The normally have a territory that belongs to them but every few months they tend to travel to their next stop. If you decide to stay here in this area I can point you to my Pack and they will accept you till you want to move on." Her hand wrapped around his chest and slipped under his vest and stroked his skin. "I am drawn to you and would like to spend the next few nights if you do wish."

Lak-Non had to frown since something about what she was saying sounded familiar. As with so many of his memories it was just beyond his grasp which was frustrating. Now joining a pack or tribe for a season or three did sound interesting since he had no urge to go back to Cerule. "I might take you up on both offers Erma but only if you actually wish to. I'll not have an unwilling woman in my bed." He was pretty sure she was interested in being in his bed so he urged her to move away for a moment. Once she was away he started pulling off all but his loincloth.

When he moved away from the bed she stood and pulled her top off. "If you don't stop teasing me Lak-Non I might have to growl at you. Now get your tail in bed so I can have my way with you." The look she gave him was most definitely smoking hot. As she was talking she was continuing to undress before climbing back in bed.

Lak-Non started laughing. "Yes Erma and I have a feeling if I teased you much more you might end up biting me. I have a feeling I wouldn't appreciate that at all." His eyes wandered over her body and had to appreciate it. Inu's like her were rare back in Cerule but they weren't unknown. He had bedded a number of different species over the years he had been there but this would be a first for him.

Erma definitely noticed him watching her as she stripped down and flicked an ear at him. "I take it you like what you see? If so get into bed big boy and let me show you an evening you won't forget." Just to be a tease she rolled on her back and slowly stretched which showed her body off to good effect.

Lak-Non winked at her. "Oh, I might just stand here for a time and enjoy watching you roll around on the bed." He grinned when she growled at him for that and he settled for a slow walk to the bed and looked down at her. "I have to admit I see someone I like." She was slender and he had to admit seeing four breasts was different but didn't bother him. He rolled onto the bed and ended up on all fours over her. "Then again it has been a while and you are lovely. Thank you for gracing my bed Erma." He leaned forward and kissed her.

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers
12