Worth the Wait

Story Info
Black actor & white Aussie actress finally work together.
869 words
15.7k
7
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
brethard
brethard
195 Followers

The sign on the marquee at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theater couldn't help mentioning the controversy: "Jacinda Leigh and Jerome Moore in an event 25 years in the making."

Everybody knew the story: Back in 1990, Jerome--the young, sexy, muscular African-American action star--and Jacinda--the Sydney-born blonde stunner just transitioning into American movies--were set to co-star in "Artists Only," a romantic comedy about a photographer and model who fall in love. The film was expected to be a big hit for Continent Pictures, but just days before principal photography was set to begin, Continent canceled the film, citing concerns with the script. The "concerns" were widely rumored to be Continent's nervousness about the film not doing as well as anticipated, due to American audiences being reluctant to see an interracial couple making love on-screen.

Jerome and Jacinda were profoundly disappointed by Continent's decision, and they ultimately never made a film together. Both went on to become two of the biggest box-office stars of the 1990s and 2000s, each winning Oscars along the way. After their film careers began to slow down, they were offered the opportunity to work on Broadway--and both became gigantic draws, so much so that producers tried to think of a way to put them together in a play.

Tony Award-winning producer Barry Lawrence was the one who came up with the idea of putting Jacinda and Jerome in a revival of A. R. Gurney's "Love Letters." Casting Jerome and Jacinda as lifelong friends and doomed lovers Melissa Gardner and Andrew Makepeace Ladd III was a genius move by Lawrence: the shows were immediate sellouts, and every media story mentioned the "Artists Only" controversy, with several suggesting that Jacinda and Jerome should star in a film adaptation, one that would not be canceled by a skittish studio this time around.

The New York gossip pages suggested that Jacinda and Jerome's egos would not be able to fit in the same room during rehearsals: while both actors had reputations as egomaniacs, they got along exceptionally well with each other and director Maryellen Thorne. During breaks, they discussed the cancelled film from 25 years ago, and how much they wished they could have worked with each other.

"Well, all good things come to those who wait," Jacinda smiled in her soft Australian accent.

"Good point," Jerome replied in his deep, booming voice.

"Can't wait for this," she whispered. "It's weird--I don't feel any nervousness about opening night at all. That's never happened before!"

"Same here," said Moore.

Maryellen couldn't help noting the chemistry between the two; at times during rehearsals, it seemed as though they just wanted to stop and make out with each other. Despite being in their mid-40s, both actors were still in great shape: Jerome's muscular frame and gorgeous dark-chocolate skin was as beautiful as ever, while Jacinda's legendary long blonde mane seemed to shine brighter than ever. Jerome clearly loved her green eyes, almost staring into them obsessively at times; Jacinda seemed equally fascinated by Jerome's dark brown eyes.

Every now and then during rehearsals, they touched each other: a hand on the shoulder or thigh, a caress of an arm, a light stroke of a knee. It was cute, Maryellen thought, a sign of warmth between the two characters. What the director didn't know is that they were both imagining what it would have been like to film the love scenes in the "Artists Only" script. Jerome imagined running his fingers through her long golden hair while kissing her neck, lips and stomach. Jacinda envisioned Jerome's large black hands fondling her tanned breasts and gripping her toned arse, his sexy lips kissing her hourglass curves. Jacinda wasn't one for hooking up with male co-stars--at least not anymore, after her divorce--but she wondered what it would have been like to have Jerome as a real boyfriend.

Every night, after rehearsals, Jerome found himself jerking off to the mental image of his curvaceous costar. After a failed marriage, he was also reluctant to date anyone he worked with. However, he would have given anything to hook up with Jacinda.

The chemistry between Jerome and Jacinda was evident on opening night; every review of the first performance noted how much the two Hollywood stars seemed to be an actual couple. At the end of the play, Jerome and Jacinda took a bow amidst raucous applause from the audience and hugged.

Then something magical happened. Both Jacinda and Jerome appeared to become overwhelmed by emotion, and kissed each other onstage. It only lasted a few seconds, and after they broke the kiss both actors appeared stunned.

The audience was quiet for a few seconds. Then, they realized what had happened: what they had just seen was not acting--Jerome and Jacinda were crazy for each other and got swept up in the moment. Suddenly, the audience burst into even louder cheers, and Jacinda and Jerome received a standing ovation.

The two stars looked at each other, slightly embarrassed. They both smiled, embraced again, and left the stage hand-in-hand.

Though it wasn't planned, the kiss was such a hit that Maryellen asked them to do it again at the end of every performance. Jacinda and Jerome were certainly more than willing.

brethard
brethard
195 Followers
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Room 433 Naughty nurses at night; big black cock is her prescription!in Interracial Love
Liberal Leanings Embracing diversity takes its toll on a young condo couple.in Interracial Love
My Pregnant Valentine Sean stops by Annie's place for Valentine's Day.in Interracial Love
Learning How to Be Black Ch. 01 Black student is seduced by busty white teacher.in Interracial Love
A Perfectly Pleasing Fit Lonely lady is drawn to young black caroet fitter.in Interracial Love
More Stories