X-Men 3: Additional Aftermath

Story Info
Scenes that happened after the credits
11.8k words
54.3k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Celebs: Various people from the movie X-Men 3 reprising their roles- read the story to find out exactly who. :)

Codes: MF, MFF, first, oral, reluc, cons, interracial, rom, voy.

Disclaimer: This story contains graphic sexual situations and adult themes and is therefore not suitable for those under age 18 or the close-minded. It may be illegal in some areas too. :( Please also note that it is not a true story, instead merely a fantasy. Real events may be referenced and real names, likenesses, and other personal details of celebrities and other real people may be part of the story- however they are used in a fictional manner styled to the author's liking that may be satirical at times. The author has never met any of the celebrities used herein, so he has no way of knowing if they really act the way they do in the story, and is confident that they probably don't. One hopes that these facts do not keep you, the reader, from enjoying the story.

Acknowledgements: Thanks as usual to all who have aided in the creation of this story, even those who have done so without knowing it. Thanks also to those who maintain sites for stories like this, and to all those who write for them, read them, and otherwise keep them alive. Thanks especially go out to those who have sent this author feedback. If after reading this story you desire to do the same, please email feedback to me at the address in my profile. All feedback, with the exception of flames and spam, will be answered and appreciated. I hope you like this story. If not, please tell me why you didn't so I may learn of my mistakes.

Copyright: This story is my creation. All other stories which are referenced or otherwise paid homage herein belong to their respective creators. This story may be posted anywhere on the Internet that is free to access and has my permission- please email me for such. The inclusion of this disclaimer and proper credit will be all that I ask.

Notes: This story is my unofficial follow-up to the film X-Men 3: The Last Stand. Great movie and hopefully not the last of its kind. If you have not seen it, beware- Spoilers Are Within This Tale. SPOILERS! Got that? :) This whole story takes place shortly after the movie, and ties up some loose ends. Any writers of X-Men 4 who want to use the ideas I put across, feel free. All readers- Enjoy!

********************************

X-Men 3: Additional Aftermath

The Not-Too Distant Future. Xavier Mansion, NY.

"I can't go on," he whispered, rubbing his head in his hands. "I can't go on."

His inner strength was gone now. He had always had it, fought with it, been legendary for it. It had satisfied him, even though it had kept him alone. Then, suddenly, he had not been alone. He had found friends, a family. They had been a better salve to his pain than any drink, any cigar, any berserk rage. He had loved them, and he still did.

But now things would be over soon, he knew. The man who had given him the family was dead- after he could have saved him. The woman he had wanted to start another family with was dead too- by his own hand. She had killed one man who loved her, and destroyed the other as well. Only part of her had even cared. The other part, the part he'd had to kill, had laughed at both of them, then set out to destroy the world.

"Jean," he recalled, shaking his head at her memory. "Jean. I miss you."

Before their final battle he had been able to put all thought of her aside, concentrate on the man who had always been a threat to both of them. A threat to their entire family, and their dream. They had beaten that man, finally destroyed him. But then they had had to destroy Jean too. She was one of their own, and they had had to kill her. Specifically he had had to. The knowledge of that, the memory of what he had done, what he had tried and failed to do, was rooted inside him now. And it was worsening all his other pain.

"Logan," a voice said.

He looked up to see a darkskinned woman in black standing before him. Short white hair framed her aristocratic features.

"Storm," he said, smiling wryly. She had always trusted him, even though they barely knew each other. Even now, her presence brought with it a feeling of warmth. Of course, that feeling only slightly eased what lurked inside his bones.

"Ororo," she said, stepping closer. She knelt before the bed he sat on, took his hand in hers. "You should call me Ororo after all we've been through together."

"Ororo," he repeated, grimacing at the name. For only an instant, though. He liked it. Storm was nice too, but it was also uncomfortably close to the feelings he often had. Those feelings always disturbed him no matter what. Unlike his body, they did not easily heal.

"You were screaming," she said, looking up at him. "What happened?"

"Nightmare." He gasped, remembering. "I saw it all again. We fought Magneto, we defeated him. But then Jean..."

"I know."

Logan gasped. "This time she destroyed me. I wasn't strong enough to stop her. I died, just like Scott and the Professor..."

"You didn't die," Ororo reminded him, squeezing his hand. "You're still here."

He took one look at her, then turned away, pulling his hand from her grasp.

"Logan!" she shouted. He did not look back. "Logan!"

"Go away," he snapped, waving his hand at the door of the room. For a moment it clenched, the claws within about to spring forth. Then Logan stopped himself, remembering Ororo was not his enemy. "Get out of here," he told her instead. "Just leave me." Words, he knew from experience, could be sharper than adamantium.

Ororo shook her head, then stood up and sat down on the bed. She took Logan's face in her hands, turned it back towards her. He grimaced at her cool touch. For a moment he felt something inside change at its pressure. Then he frowned again, remembering all the reasons for his pain. The substance inside him, his body and yet not his body. The echoes of his long life, all the things he could remember and those he couldn't. The death of his mentor, his rival, and the woman he'd loved. His enemies had died too, but that didn't matter. Not when joined with the death of his friends. At their funerals and afterwards in public he'd held it all inside, but now his grief was coming out. He had always been alone, and suffered alone. The family he had now hadn't changed that, even though it had changed so much else.

"Logan," she said, looking directly at his eyes. "Logan, look at me."

For a long instant he was silent, trying to drive her from him with his naked fury. But she did not even seem to notice, or if she did, she did not leave. She only continued looking at him. Then he turned and saw a reflection of himself inside her eyes.

"What?" he snarled, his tone changing. "What do you want?"

"You're in pain. You need help."

"Yeah, I am," Logan shrugged. No use challenging her impression. "What makes you think you can do anything about it?"

She took a deep breath. "I've lost people too."

She had, he realized. Jean, Scott, and the Professor had also been her friends. How could he have forgotten?

"Yeah," he said, looking at her. "You did."

"Not just them," Ororo replied. She dropped her hands from his face. "I lost my parents, long ago. Charles gave me a new family, but now..." She turned away, tears coming to her eyes.

Oh my, Logan realized, staring at her. He wasn't the only one alone inside, he realized. She was too. He should have read the signs. So often she trembled in enclosed spaces, and seemed uncomfortable in the open too. So often she seemed to be sharing his own feelings about their family, living and dead. For so long he'd been confused by their misunderstanding. She saw the X-Men as a team, and himself as part of that team. He had not seen the true advantages of that viewpoint, though- not until their most recent battle. And even then, at the end of that battle, Logan had once again had to stand alone.

Ororo had too, he knew now. She had led the team to safety while he took care of Jean. The new members of the group- Bobby, Kitty, and Peter- had all looked up to her. They had admired her, and Hank too- but even that veteran had deferred to Ororo. Logan also respected her. She and him were the only ones left of the group from back when he'd first joined the X-Men. The girl he'd brought with him was still there, but she was no longer a mutant. Instead she was human, gone to what he hoped was a better life even though she was still part of Logan's. Scott, Jean, and the Professor were gone too, gone farther away to something Logan knew had to be better. The only one who was there with him at the beginning who was still with him now and still like him was Ororo Munroe.

Logan clenched his fists, looking at her. He still wanted to shove her away, get up and run as he always had in the past. Bear his own pain, forget about other people. But now, thanks to all they had shared, he knew he could not do that again. And also, he knew he shouldn't. Not when this woman was next to him, willing to share what troubled him now.

"St..." he began, then shook his head. Reaching out, he put his hand on her shoulder. "Ororo."

She turned and looked at him. "What?"

He coughed, then sighed, deciding to forget what was bothering him. Temporarily, of course. "I understand how you feel."

"Do you?"

He took her hand, nodding. "Yeah." Then he frowned. "Well, not exactly. I never knew my family. I can't even remember having one. Not until now."

She smiled at him. "We have to keep the family going. Charles is gone, and so many others. Scott, Jean, Hank..."

"Furball's still alive."

"Yes, but he has another mission now." She took a breath, looked down and then back at him. "Logan, you and I have to go on. We have to keep the school going. We're the only ones who can. There's a cure now, but not everyone wants it. Some of us have useful abilities too. Things we have to manage, control..."

"I know," Logan cut her off. "I've been thinking about all that." He sighed. "I want to do it. I just... I just don't know if I can." He wondered why he was being so open with her, then shook his head, deciding it didn't matter. Besides, from the look on her face, Ororo was reading his thoughts as good as Jean ever had, maybe even more so.

"It's easy," she said, taking his hand in hers. "Just think of us as the family you never had, what you always wanted. How would you live with that family, if you had the chance?"

"I don't know. I'm not this family's leader."

"This family's leader is dead, Logan. They need a new one now. I thought it could be Scott, but he's gone. Charles chose me to take his place."

Logan grinned, remembering. "Good decision."

"Yes. But I can't do it alone." She looked him up and down, then took another breath. "Every family needs a mother. And a father."

Logan's mouth fell open for an instant. Then he slammed it shut. "What are you talking about?"

"You know what," Ororo said. "You can lead them, Logan, teach them. They respect you. You're the strongest fighter here."

"Yeah," Logan agreed, raising his hand to his eyes. He looked at his palm for a moment, then smiled and dropped it. "I am the best at what I do."

Ororo nodded. "They know that. So do I. You can't bury yourself anymore, Logan. People need you."

"I guess so." He wondered why he was having trouble believing it. "But I can't be their father. That isn't me. I'll just be their friend."

"And their teacher too. They all need a teacher."

"Right." He took another breath. "Look, if you think I'm walking away from all this..."

She shook her head. "I don't, but I'm afraid. I've seen so much in you that worries me. I know that staying here is probably the hardest thing you've ever done."

Logan thought for a few seconds, then nodded. "You're right."

"And killing Jean. That was also hard for you."

"I loved her." He shook away a tear.

"She was a good friend to me too. But it was more than that with you and Scott, I know it was. It was something like I had with the man I loved."

Logan blinked. "I've never seen you with anyone."

Ororo sighed. "He was a student here before you came. He's dead now. You remember the clinic Magneto blew up, before San Francisco?"

"Yeah..."

"The man I loved was there. I don't know if he was outside or inside, protesting the cure or waiting for it. I..." Her voice broke and she fell sobbing against Logan's bare chest.

Damn it, Logan thought. I didn't know. "Tell me about him."

"His name was Forge. He was a good man. A brilliant inventor. There was nothing he couldn't create."

"Sounds like he was as strong as Jean."

"He was, but in a different way. I loved him as you loved her. He saved my life several times, and I saved his. We were going to be married, but then..." Her voice caught, then deepened. "He told me he thought I'd say no. I hated him for that, drove him away. But now... I would have said yes, Logan!" She pressed her face into his chest, crying and shaking against him. "If he hadn't told me his fear, I would have said yes!"

Logan looked down at her as she poured out her sadness. For some reason he felt his own lessen, or at least become easier to bear. He had thought he was the only one who felt as he did. Now he saw he was wrong. "Damn it." He paused. "You know, he might not be dead. We thought Rogue was at that clinic at first, but then she came back okay."

"No! He's dead! I know he is! He has to be!"

Logan sighed again, then threw his arms around Ororo, cuddling her close to him. "I'm sorry," he said. "I wish I could have met this guy."

Ororo ceased her tears and smiled, looking up. "You would have liked him. He had your free spirit, and your strength. Useful talents too. I was going to invite him back here- he would have made a good teacher. But now..."

"We'll find other teachers. Bobby will be one, and Peter, and Rogue, and Kitty too. We'll find more."

She nodded. "I already have some people in mind. Charles left me names. Emma Frost, Alex Summers, Alison Blair..."

Logan gave her a look of surprise. "The disc jockey?"

"Another person who left before you came."

Logan nodded, then asked another question. "This Alex... he's..."

"Scott's brother. There's a lot you don't know about us."

Logan laughed. "I guess so." He moved his hand down, wiped a tear from her eye. "Hey, look, we're going to move on. They're gone now. I keep telling myself that. We can't bring them back. We have to go on."

"Yes," Ororo agreed, staring at him. "We have to go on, Logan." She touched his hand, then moved up against him, pressing her body against hers.

"What are you..." Logan gasped out, then was interrupted by her lips.

"We have to go on," Ororo repeated, pulling back from the kiss. She looked at him, smiling once more. "Together."

Logan grimaced. The feel of her against him was nice, but... "Together?"

"Yes, Logan. Together. You have pain and so do I. We can..."

He put a finger against her lips, shaking his head. "No. I can't get close to people. They all die, they all..."

Again her voice stopped him. "I'm still alive, Logan. And I want you."

"You..." He paused, glancing her over. She was lovely. Her body was inspiring, and her spirit as well. This wouldn't be the first time Logan had eased his pain with the help of a woman. But such a woman as this... something about her scared him. He shook his head, wondering what the matter was. Jean was gone. Ororo's lover was also. She had obviously been nurturing some sort of feelings for him. He had for her too, he now realized. Jean wasn't the only strong admirable woman he'd met since he came here long ago. Ororo was equally interesting, perhaps even more so. There was no Cyclops between them, and she was alive.

"You want me."

"Yes," Ororo said, running her fingers over his cheek. "Do you have a problem with that?"

He chuckled. "No. Just, uh... It's so soon for both of us. Are you sure you..."

She put her hand against his lips again. She said nothing, only nodded. Okay, Logan thought. Glad you know why I had to ask. Pushing that aside now, he grasped Ororo in his arms and pulled her into him. He planted his lips on each of her cheeks, then her mouth. Her tears fell anew as he did so, but he sensed a different feeling behind them now. Sadness was still there, and something else also. He wondered how long she'd wanted this.

"Logan," Ororo said, pushing herself closer to him. He felt the softest part of him, the only part of his body that did not contain adamantium, begin to grow strong.

"Hey," he replied, running his fingers through her hair. His claws started to come out, but he held them in, just as he always had to at moments like this. She was keeping her power in too, Logan knew. They both had learned their lessons well since coming to the school.

Ororo's lips touched his, and ignited sparks that flashed through Logan. The weather wasn't the only part of nature Ororo could stir up, he reflected. There was something of nature in him, feral and primeval. Perhaps the connection would enliven a relationship between himself and Ororo. Maybe they could...

Such thoughts flowed deep into his mind as she traced her hand down his torso. She felt the lean muscles of his chest, then his stomach. Logan let several long breaths out as she moved on to his waist. It had been a long time, he realized. Too long. And he was certain now that there was no way this would not be great.

He smiled, stopping her hand with his. He moved his other hand over the curves beneath her black leather bodysuit, probing for the zipper. Finding it, he pulled it down. Gleaming dark skin was revealed, covered in sweat and other fluids. Ororo's nipples were small and hard against his palm. Logan rubbed each of them, then reached his hands up and pushed the suit over Ororo's shoulders. She helped him, pulling her arms free of the sleeves and letting the suit fall back.

His hands roamed across her sides, squeezing her arms as they once again encircled him. Logan pulled her closer, grabbing and massaging her lower back and then her rear. His hands moved around the latter, took hold of Ororo's belt buckle and unsnapped it. Another push, and the suit was off her hips. With powerful thrusts of her legs, she kicked it off and away. Logan looked at the white patch of hair revealed between her thighs and chuckled. "I was wondering about that."

Ororo smiled, then kissed him again. Maybe I wasn't the first, Logan thought. Then her hands were back on him, moving quickly to his pants. Unsnapping his fly and pulling down the zipper. Grasping the edges, yanking them apart. Logan smiled as he watched her disrobe him. Like most women who got this close to him, Ororo seemed pleased with his manhood's shape.

She looked confused as she ran her fingers across him. "They didn't..."

"No," Logan replied, smirking. "Looking back, I'm kind of glad."

She returned his pleased expression, then began tickling his shaft's underside. Her fingers sent a charge into him, exciting Logan's every nerve. He moved his left hand back to her breasts, returned her touches with his own. His other hand swept down across her tight belly. It lingered there, then leapt onwards, entering the forest of Ororo's snatch. Logan sighed as he felt the heat there, and the humidity.

"Nice."

"Yes," Ororo agreed, massaging him. "Be nice to me."

"You got it."

With that, he thrust his fingers into her, pulling apart Ororo's folds. Just as with battle, Logan was long experienced in this art, and he was good at it. He was different here than in a fight, though. He knew that women liked gentleness, for the most part. So he used it. And soon, he could feel it working just as it always did in the past.

"Yes!" Ororo moaned as Logan caressed the sides of her interior. He soaked up her essence with his fingers, longing for the flood that he knew was waiting to burst forth. Her hand remained on his shaft, squeezing it as it lengthened. Ororo's other hand touched his shoulder, then pulled him close, touching his lips with hers. Her mouth was open this time, and her tongue came out to touch Logan's. He met it with his, sucked on the organ, then involuntarily clenched it in his teeth. He bit down, then withdrew.