X-Men: Italy, Sicily, France+Spain

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'No. No! I already got us stuck out here; I'm not having us smash into Mars or the Moon because I timed it wrong. Not going to happen.'

'You must!' Ororo said.

'Not in a million years!' She replied.

Peter knelt by her side, hands over hers and looked deep into brown eyes. He felt the fast beat of her pulse and the anxious pumping of blood. 'Don't do it for us. Do it because you need to get home. You have a life to lead Kitty. Places to go, to see, to fall in love with and people who shall be with you all along the way. You are every bit as heavenly as the dance of the suns and moons, and the world deserves to know you and what you will become. It is a duty to yourself to show them.'

'Oh, Peter.'

'When we sat on the cliff all those years ago, I didn't have the words to describe what I had felt for you. My words went cheap in the Beyonder's realm. The tongue I used was the wrong tool; something for the gutter. I cannot be poetic for you because I am a lowly man, a vessel from God only literate enough to sketch the sunrise and record the movement of stars.' He held her cheek. 'Your courage, your certainty, the splendour of your beauty and innocence and vitality and holiness are beyond my capacity to think, you blind me. I am overpowered. You must be true to yourself.'

And all those years ago she had sworn to herself that he would not see her cry. He was not to waste tears on.

With the honesty and purity inside, what was on his mind was on his face. He stood and kissed her forehead, whispering: 'you can do it.'

The others waited expectantly.

As the nitrogen clouds of Titan came into view, Old Faithful flew on course to Earth. The slow drift of planets was a graceful performance. Everything in its right place, choreographed for beings whose fire had burnt out of the galaxy long ago.

Kitty's hand hovered over the command console, warnings flashing. Did she want to eject the core, had she made all the right preparations. Endless details, all moot. The past was prologue. It was this or it was nothing.

Her hand went down.

The plasma cylinder disconnected and popped out the back, an empty shell casing in a rifle. A hot rock. The bang no-one heard and their ticket out of here.

The ship sought its destination and cleaved the heavens, riding the wave home.