Xena & Gabrielle Ch. 06

Story Info
Xena reclaims Gabrielle.
6.4k words
4.46
20.2k
5

Part 5 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 10/26/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is the sixth section to the "true" story of Xena and Gabrielle. You will find this story extremely subtext-friendly. If two women showing their love for one another and making wild, passionate love is not your cup of tea, please find another story you'd like to read. This story will be submitted in several parts and is based off the series, yet the "history" has been changed somewhat to suit the purposes of this story. Not all sections will contain erotic sex scenes as there is a plot.

Also, I'd like to note that I do not own Xena: Warrior Princess, the series, or the characters and I will not be receiving any payment whatsoever for writing this story. It is intended for entertainment purposes only.

*

They had been travelling for days. Gabrielle was physically exhausted. Her body was aching, every muscle begging for rest and relaxation. She could barely stay awake, as Xena was pushing them both to the limit, insisting they travel many miles at a vigorous pace. She could hardly feel the pain of their joining now as she had healed well and the aching of her bruised thighs was far greater. Despite Gabrielle's protests, Xena had told her she must ride upon Argo with the warrior; they had no time to spare.

One night at dusk, they arrived at an inn. "Come on, little one, let's get Argo to the stable. You need a good night's rest in a nice soft bed," Xena said, pulling Gabrielle down into her arms from the back of the mare. Argo was sweaty from miles of riding. She too needed a rest.

"And food," Gabrielle added, looking into Xena's sapphire eyes, getting lost in them for a second.

"I will have it brought up to our room. We both need a nice bath. I stink," said Xena, crinkling her nose. "So do I," said Gabrielle with a little giggle. "I smell of horse and sweat." Xena laughed heartily, reaching for Argo's reins.

After they had Argo properly stabled, they set off for the inn. A gasp came over the crowd when they saw Xena, the former Conquer of Nations enter, along with her little sidekick. "We need a room for the night, along with a hot bath, and a tray of food," Xena said to the innkeeper, her stance threatening anyone who may challenge her.

"Xena," said the innkeeper in astonishment. He had heard stories about the warrior princess. Horrible stories. Surely someone this beautiful could not have been so evil and had taken so many lives during her former warlord days. No one wanted to cross the warrior princess. There were many tales of her courage and her strength. Now the warrior fought for the greater good, yet no one wanted to cross her.

The innkeeper's eyes then went to the beautiful young woman travelling with the Warrior Princess. "Gabrielle," he said softly, taking in the beauty of the bard before him. She was breathtakingly lovely, but yet now she had dark circles under her eyes and looked as though she might pass out from exhaustion. The young woman was slightly more than a head shorter than the Warrior Princess and where she was blond and golden, her companion was dark, exotic and sexy. They made quite a pair.

"Sure, a nice room coming right up. One with a fireplace and a hot bath," said the innkeeper, giving Xena the key. "Go upstairs and it's the room right at the end of the hall. I will have a maid draw the bath and bring a tray of fresh food. That will be four dinars."

"Four dinars?!" said Gabrielle in a steely voice. "That's robbery. Two dinars...........and that is final." Xena glanced at Gabrielle appreciatively. Gabrielle always knew how to bargain and had a knack for bringing the price of items down to a more affordable rate. It was the little bard who always secured their provisions at the market. She knew how to haggle the merchants. It was her way with words. She could talk down a miser.

The innkeeper looked a bit nervous. He didn't want any trouble here... especially not with the infamous Warrior Princess. He valued his inn and most importantly he valued his life. "Two dinars," he agreed, as Gabrielle reached into her leather coin purse, withdrawing the coins. She handed them over, eyeing the innkeeper wearily. She then gave him a bright smile, easing the tension immediately.

"Thank you for your hospitality. I'm sure we will enjoy our stay here very much," she said quite cheerfully. The innkeeper nodded, watching the Warrior Princess and her sidekick ascend the stairs which lead to where the rooms were located.

Xena and Gabrielle found their room at the end of the hall and to Gabrielle's delight, there was a nice soft bed, a cozy fireplace, and a very large wooden tub. A few moments later, a maid entered, carrying a wooden bucket containing hot water in which she promptly poured into the tub.

Soon an inviting bath had been drawn, and the maid entered one more time, bringing a heavy tray, laden with food. After the maid left, Gabrielle went to inspect the meal that had been placed upon a table. There was hot roast beef, boiled potatoes and carrots, turnips, fresh bread, and a sweet pastry desert filled with fruit. It was piping hot and topped with a drizzling of white icing.

Gabrielle clapped her hands together, delighted with the delicious meal as the scent of it wafted toward her nostrils. "Mmmmmm... this looks fabulous," Gabrielle said to Xena, scooping up some food onto the two plates that had been provided for them.

"Yep, and so does this," Xena said, reaching for the chilled bottle of wine that had been brought up with their meal. She poured the wine into silver goblets and handed one to Gabrielle. "To our love," she said, bringing their goblets together in a soft little clink. She then quickly downed the wine and poured herself another. Gabrielle took a small sip, more concerned with the food than the wine at that moment. She was so hungry, she could have eaten a centaur. She began devouring the succulent meal upon her plate, looking up at Xena after a moment who was staring at her intently. That is when she realized she had been eating like a savage. She then giggled softly, beginning to eat in a more lady-like fashion. After the fine meal and a couple of glasses of wine, they both started to strip out of their dusty clothing. Gabrielle sighed, cause it felt so good to get those dirty garments off. She tossed them aside, thinking all their clothing needed a good wash. There had been no time to properly wash and dry their garments, and she was tired of wearing soiled clothes. Her mother would have fainted on the spot if she knew of her daughter's recent lack of cleanliness. At least there was a nice warm bath before them now. Gabrielle couldn't wait.

"Can we both get in there together?" asked Gabrielle, thinking it wouldn't be fair for either of them to have the first bath. They both deserved to bathe when the water was hot. "Sure. I'll get in first... then you climb in and sit on my lap," said Xena, doing just that.

Gabrielle smiled, seeing Xena settle down in the tub. Gingerly, she stepped into the water, then easily slid down, onto the lap of the Warrior Princess. She fit just perfectly there and it was really quite comfortable. Xena reached for the thick cake of soap and began to lather Gabrielle's body, washing off the sweat and grime of many days of travelling. "Hmmmmmmm that feels so good....." sighed the bard in heavy contentment. "I so love a bath."

"It is very nice," Xena agreed, washing Gabrielle thoroughly, her hands very gentle as she worked the lather over sore muscles and tiny bruises which now marred the bard's soft flesh as she was not accustomed to riding. After awhile, Gabrielle dunked down in the water, wetting her hair so Xena could wash it as well. Xena worked her fingers thru the long blond tresses, cleaning it and marveling at the way it looked almost like spun-gold in the firelight.

"Your turn," Gabrielle said, taking the cake of soap and maneuvering around in the water, sloshing it just a a bit as she managed to face Xena in the tub. Her back was now pressed up tight against the wood as she took in the marvelous sight of the very wet and very naked Warrior Princess. They were in very close proximity, and Xena couldn't help but put her hands all over Gabrielle. Not one part of them wasn't touching. Gabrielle applied soap to the large sponge, soaking it with lather. She then took the sponge, running it over Xena's flesh, cleansing it, making it sparkle in the light of the fire.

"I thought we would never be clean again," she said with a little giggle, circling the heavy sponge over perfect breasts while marveling at the dark-pink tips. The tips of her own breasts were pink and rosy, but Xena's were dark, and the sight of them made Gabrielle's head swim.

"Clean at last," Xena spoke, as Gabrielle carefully washed Xena's hair, watching as the water ran down her warrior princess's body, over gorgeous breasts and supple flesh.

"Mmmmm...." Gabrielle murmured, hugging Xena tightly as she rested her cheek against the warrior princess's chest. "This is so nice. I could fall asleep. Right here."

"I wouldn't suggest that, little one. My ass hurts. Time for bed," Xena insisted, carefully standing and pulling Gabrielle up with her. She helped Gabrielle from the tub, dried herself off, then used the same towel to get her young lover dry as well. "Lie down on the bed.... get some rest. I will be there soon. I'm just going to wash our clothes in the tub and hang them by the fire to dry. I know it's not the best way to wash them, but they stink.... and I refuse to put on something grimy tomorrow."

Gabrielle nodded, going to the bed. She climbed into it, laying her blond head upon the nice, fluffy pillow. She was asleep in seconds, not even aware as Xena emptied their saddlebags of clothes. She then washed them all as well as she possibly could in the bath water, hanging each item by the fireplace to dry. In the morning, she would have something clean to wear. After her tasks, Xena walked over to the bed. She smiled when she saw a slumbering Gabrielle.

"Sleep well, my love. In the morning, you aren't going to be very happy with me I fear. But I love you, and I would protect you with my life. Have sweet dreams.... and let them all be of me," Xena whispered, lying down beside her beautiful young lover. She eased Gabrielle into her arms, falling deep into a much-needed night's rest.

Morning came. Xena got up and dressed. In the night their clothes had dried by the fire. Xena reached for the saddlebags, dumping them out on the table. She then separated her items from Gabrielle's. She added the now clean clothes. She would get provisions before she left. She wouldn't need much just for herself. She was used to travelling lightly. "Gabrielle," she whispered, going to the bed and nudging her lover.

Gabrielle let out a soft little whimper, her eyes coming open. They got wide, seeing Xena who was completely dressed. "Is it time to leave already? Where's breakfast.... and why didn't you wake me?" Gabrielle asked, sitting up quickly, stretching her limbs, her blond hair tousled from sleep.

"You needed your rest. And Gabrielle, it is time to leave... but you aren't going with me. You're staying here.... where you are safe," Xena spoke, her voice leaving no room for argument as she secured her chakram to her waist, sheathed her sword, then adjusted her armor.

"What?! You're leaving me here?! You can't do that! I belong at your side....... you know I do," protested the bard, getting out of bed quickly and beginning to get dressed.

"No, Gabrielle. That's final. You are staying. Argo needs a rest... and so do you. I am renting a horse for the rest of the trip. I will be back in less than a moon," Xena spoke, blue eyes full of determination. "I will take care of Caesar, then I will be back for you. End of discussion."

Tears sprang to Gabrielle's eyes. "Why, Xena? I always go with you. I can take care of myself... you know that." Seeing those tears, Xena felt terrible. How could she hurt her little bard? Gabrielle just didn't understand. She couldn't possibly comprehend the horror of those visions Xena's old enemy Alti had given to her. Visions of both she and Gabrielle's death. A haunting premonition of what was to come. Gabrielle couldn't possibly understand... and Xena was not about to tell her. One day Caesar would kill both of them in a most horrible way. Because of her, one day Gabrielle's innocent blood would be spilled. How selfish Xena felt to keep this beautiful young woman with her, knowing that one day the two of them would die together as Caesar had vowed. Her only hope was to defeat Caesar before she herself could be defeated and to keep him as far away as possible from her beautiful bard. Xena intended to keep Gabrielle alive, no matter what the cost.

"Xena, I am not a girl anymore....... I'm a woman, your woman," said Gabrielle firmly. "Please let me go with you."

"No, you are staying. And don't follow me," Xena said almost coldly, throwing the saddlebags over her back. "Goodbye, Gabrielle."

Gabrielle said nothing as tears began running unchecked down her cheeks. She couldn't have spoke if she had wanted to, the lump in her throat was constricting her speech. She couldn't believe Xena was doing this. She was actually leaving her here. Anger washed over her, making her heart pound. She fell upon the bed, punching the pillow with all her strength as hot angry tears flooded her eyes.

Xena went downstairs and found the innkeeper at the bar. "I must leave on business. Watch over Gabrielle. If anything happens to her, I will hold you personally responsible," said Xena as she handed him a few dinars. "I will be back as soon as I can.... and I meant what I said, look out for Gabrielle. She has a way of getting herself into trouble sometimes."

The innkeeper nodded. He didn't really want to watch out for the little bard, but what choice did he have? He couldn't cross the Warrior Princess and it was evident that Xena valued her little sidekick above anything else. He silently wondered why Xena was leaving on business but not taking Gabrielle along. The two always fought side by side. What danger was the former warlord planning to walk into?

Gabrielle spent the rest of the day in their room at the inn, seething. She worked on her scrolls, writing away as their recent travels had made her work impossible. The words came to her easily, flowing like rivers of memory. She loved writing about Xena... all their adventures, now she had so much to write about. She and Xena were now one. Gabrielle set her quill aside, pondering. Why had Xena left her? She had left without as much as an embrace or a kiss. Of course, Gabrielle hadn't been cooperative, making a proper goodbye almost impossible.

"Stay safe, Xena... come back to me," Gabrielle whispered, looking into the flames of the fire. She hoped Xena wouldn't be gone too long; she missed her already.

Xena was staring into the fire of her campsite. She missed Gabrielle's incessant chatter. She missed holding and cuddling her. The next moon was going to be especially hard, travelling alone when she was used to the company of a certain little bard. Xena sharpened her sword, her movements swift and deliberate. She had to take care of Caesar... she had to keep Gabrielle safe. "Damn you, Alti," she growled, as visions of Gabrielle dying seemed to rise upon the flames of the fire. Was it a gift or a curse? To see one's own death, yet feel powerless to stop it. Maybe Xena wouldn't stop it in time, then she would lose her own life, as well as Gabrielle forever. She couldn't allow this.... Gabrielle would be safe, no matter what the cost.

Long days passed, long days without Xena. Gabrielle was bored out of her mind. She got closer to Argo, going to the stables often and bringing her apples, watching the mare recover from the days of travelling and often brushing her beautiful mane. "Xena should not have left us, Argo," crooned Gabrielle as she stroked the mare. "We all belong together."

At nights, Gabrielle would stand up in the inn, telling her exciting tales of the warrior princess. It was what she did best... being a bard. The crowd loved all her stories, begging for more, and throwing her a dinar here and there for her efforts. Gabrielle had filled her leather purse well. When Xena returned, they could buy provisions aplenty and even have enough left over for the road.

After she made her loot, Gabrielle would retire upstairs to their room, crawling into the big bed all alone. She missed Xena so much, her heart ached. "Come back, Xena. I need you......." she would whisper in the darkness. More than a moon had passed, and Gabrielle was feeling worried. Where was Xena? Was she alright? Caesar had made it known that he would stop at nothing to end their lives. What if Xena had been caught by Caesar's guards? Was her beloved now dead? Gabrielle trembled at the thought. What would she do without Xena?

Gabrielle had taken Argo for a walk in the pasture nearby the inn. It was a beautiful day, clear and sunny. She stopped at a small stream, allowing Argo to drink. She heard a noise, a horse's approach, so she turned. To her surprise and delight, it was Xena, upon the borrowed horse, a black steed named Midnight. "Xena!" Gabrielle gasped, as Xena had jumped from the horse, gathering the bard into her arms. Gabrielle clasped Xena close, as though to never let her go. "I missed you! I love you so much!!"

"So you forgive me for leaving you behind?" asked Xena, quirking an eyebrow and smiling down into Gabrielle's face.

"Yes, but you better not do that again. It was unbearable being apart from you.... and Argo didn't like it much either." The golden mare snickered, as if agreeing with Gabrielle's statement. Xena chuckled, holding Gabrielle even tighter. "Well, what happened with Caesar?" asked Gabrielle, pulling back to look at Xena while her curiosity peaked.

"I wish I could say that asshole is dead, but I was not successful. I failed," said the warrior princess, looking momentarily defeated. "Caesar retreated. I do not know what became of him. Many of his guards are dead. He knows I mean business, yet I was unable to breach his stronghold. It's not over yet, Gabrielle. He wants our blood."

"We should have fought together. Perhaps then---."

"No. It was one battle I had to fight alone," said Xena, her body going tense and her embrace suddenly almost painful.

"You're hiding something from me. I don't like it, Xena. We are supposed to have no secrets from one another," Gabrielle said bitterly, pain in her green eyes.

"I'm protecting you, Gabrielle. That is all," Xena insisted, relaxing once again and beginning to caress her lover's long blond hair. Her eyes sparkled a dazzling blue as she looked down upon the sweet face of the one she loved. "How much did you miss me?"

"Very... VERY much. It was hard sleeping at night........ without you."

"I missed holding you, too. You've grown on me, little one. I even missed your constant talking," said the warrior princess with a small laugh.

"Stop that! I do not talk all the time! I don't," said Gabrielle, giving Xena a playful slap. Xena scooped the little bard up into her arms, carrying her easily as she found some secluded trees nearby for some privacy. "What are you doing? Where are you taking me?" Gabrielle gasped, tossed over Xena's shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Hush now... stop talking," growled Xena, finding the perfect place, under a large green leafy tree. She sat Gabrielle down on a carpet of fresh, tender grass and then sat down beside her. "I dreamed of making love to you every night," she said, pulling Gabrielle to her. Their lips crashed together, the kisses hot and intense.

"I had some erotic dreams too," Gabrielle admitted after she managed to tear her lips away to breathe. "Will you make my dreams come true?"

12