Xena & Gabrielle Ch. 09

Story Info
Gabrielle suffers the consequences of the demon's lust.
4.4k words
4.73
22.4k
5

Part 8 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 10/26/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: Welcome to the ninth chapter of the "true" story of Xena and Gabrielle. You will find this section extremely subtext-friendly. If two women showing their love for one another is not your cup of tea, please find another story you'd like to read. This story will be submitted in several parts and is based off the series, yet the "history" has been changed somewhat to suit the purposes of this story. Not all sections will contain erotic sex scenes as there is a plot. This chapter is one of those that does not have sex scenes. Stay tuned to future chapters, there will be plenty of sex cumming up.

Also, I'd like to note that I do not own Xena: Warrior Princess, the series, or the characters and I will not be receiving any payment whatsoever for writing this story. It is intended for entertainment purposes only.

I wish to thank my readers for all your comments and encouragement! I appreciate it greatly, and I am considering your suggestions for future chapters. :)

Chapter Nine ::: Gabrielle's Hope

Gabrielle's hunger was insatiable. She was very pleased and Xena relieved when they came upon a village which had a small inn. The scent of cooking food floated thru the air to meet Gabrielle's nostrils. "Ohhh Xena, I am so starved. Can't we stop for a bite to eat?" asked Gabrielle in excitement.

Xena smiled, glad to see Gabrielle at least had her healthy appetite back. "Sure, why not?" she answered with a little laugh. "I could use a hearty meal myself and Argo needs a rest. I will take her to the stable, then meet ya in the inn in less than a half hour."

Xena took her beloved mare to the stables and saw to her brushing herself. She then gave her fresh oats and water, leaving the rest of her care to a nearby stable boy. "Take good care of her, young man," Xena said, handing the boy a couple of dinars. The boy smiled and promised to take great care of Xena's horse. Xena then left the stables, walking over to the inn. That's when she saw Joxer going in.

"Gabrielle!" Joxer exclaimed, going over to Gabrielle who sat at a table with several wooden plates of food before her. "What a surprise to see you here! Hey, you sure have a lot to eat there... did you save any for me?"

"Joxer!" spoke Gabrielle with a big smile, hardly looking up from her plate to speak to her old friend. "How are you? And did you have a nice time with the Amazons?"

"I'm great," replied Joxer. "Nice time? Hell, yeah, you could call it that. I was there a month... and in about six or seven months time, there are going to be a whole lot of babies born.... looking just like Joxer the Mighty!"

Gabrielle grinned in between bites of some unidentifiable piece of meat. Everything tasted great on her plate. Just like Elyssia! "And what about Meg? Did she have a good time, too?" asked the bard.

"Well, not at first. She called you and Xena every bad name you could possibly think of.... but after awhile, she was okay. She had her mouth full most of the time, if ya know what I mean," Joxer chuckled as he took a seat next to the starving bard. He watched in amazement as Gabrielle devoured a whole plate of food, then started in on another. She ate like a stark-raving mad animal.

Joxer called the innkeeper over, putting in his order. He wanted the special, a roast beef dinner with lots of gravy. The innkeeper nodded, just about to go off and fulfill Joxer's order, but Gabrielle spoke up, requesting more food. "I want some more of that raw fish... and how about some pickled pig's feet, and maybe some chicken brains? I am incredibly starved," she spoke as she began to lick her fingers clean.

Joxer wrinkled his nose and Xena could only return his stare of disgust as she came over to the table. "Hey, Joxer," she said, giving him a smile.

"Hello, Warrior Princess. I see you have been taking great care of Gabrielle; she's looking a little plump," said Joxer in a quiet voice so only Xena could hear.

"Yeah, I noticed that," said Xena, looking a little bit worried as she couldn't help but notice the bard's increasingly bloated state. Although Gabrielle appeared physically healed on the outside, Xena worried that she may have been damaged somehow internally, and she knew that infection could cause swelling. Either Gabrielle was puffing up from a bad case of internal infection or she was eating for two. That thought scared Xena so much she tried with all her might not to even think of it.

Gabrielle grinned as Xena came over to the table. "Sit down, Xena. I'll share my food with you," the little blond offered.

"Uhhh, no thanks, I'll pass. I think I just lost my appetite," Xena spoke as the innkeeper brought a tray of food to the bard. There was fresh chicken brains, pickled pig's feet, and raw fish on the plate. Gabrielle started to devour the food as though she had not eaten in days.

"Ohhh this is soooo good," Gabrielle said to Xena, eating away with her fingers.

Joxer looked down at his own meal, trying not to vomit. He may as well be eating worms now. He couldn't stomach his food, after seeing Gabrielle eat. "I've lost my appetite, too," he said, pushing his plate away.

"You two are crazy," spoke the bard, nibbling on a pig's foot. "This is absolutely delicious."

"We'll take your word for it," quipped Xena. "Joxer, could I have a word with you outside?"

"Sure," Joxer agreed, following the warrior princess outside.

"What did you want to talk about?" Joxer asked once they stood outside the inn.

"Nothing. I just couldn't stand to see Gabrielle eat another bite."

"I know whatcha mean. What's with her and all that food?" Joxer asked. "She's acting like she's preg----."

"Don't say that!" Xena gasped, covering Joxer's mouth. She took her hand away, but the look she gave Joxer warned him not to speak of that ever again.

"Is Gabby REALLY okay?" Joxer asked with genuine concern.

"She's been thru a lot... but I am taking care of her," Xena said.

"Good," said Joxer with a heavy sigh. "I'm still in love with her, ya know."

"Yeah, I know," said Xena, putting her arm around Joxer in an affectionate hug. "Let's go for a walk. I need to buy some supplies."

~*~

Gabrielle licked her fingers clean after inhaling her last plate of food. She paid and thanked the innkeeper, then walked outside to look for Joxer and Xena. They were no where to be found, so Gabrielle decided to do a little shopping. She needed something roomier to wear; her usual clothing was becoming a bit tight. Xena had been so worried about her not keeping food down and now lately it seemed Gabrielle would stuff herself to the point of putting on too much weight. She noticed a lot of villagers staring at her as she walked over to the crowd of merchants who were selling their wares. They looked at her strangely, whispering about her behind her back.

Gabrielle thought it was all odd, but she didn't pay them any mind. She found just the garment she was looking for, a light brown tunic made of soft material. It was full and well-crafted. It would be just perfect for her to wear. She purchased the tunic along with some sewing material she could use to make some new undergarments. The ones she was wearing barely fit. It was so embarrassing, to be outgrowing everything just because she couldn't stop eating. "If I get too fat, I wonder if Xena will still want me," she thought to herself after paying for her items, then finding somewhere private to try the tunic on.

She came out of the public outhouse, wearing the flowing tunic and carrying her old garments wrapped up in the bolt of fabric she would use to sew the undergarments. She looked beautiful, absolutely radiant as she stood in the sunlight, her hair the color of spun gold. "Xena, where did you go?" she whispered, as she looked around the crowd for her lover. By now a small group of villagers were buzzing around her, angry scowls on their faces as they were talking of an innocent, golden one who would bring about an unspeakable evil which they had to stop.

"What the---?!" Gabrielle gasped, seeing men with pitchforks coming forward to join the others of the crowd.

"Gabrielle!" a voice called out. It was Xena. She practically jumped thru the air, grabbing Gabrielle, and placing her atop Argo all in one great-big stride. "We gotta get the hell out of here!!! Now!"

Xena then jumped onto Argo as well, and the two rode away, putting as much distance between themselves and the angry villagers as possible. They travelled deep into the forest before Xena finally halted Argo, jumping down and pulling Gabrielle down into her arms. She looked Gabrielle over, noticing the full tunic upon her love.

"Gabrielle, are you okay?" she asked, running a soft caress thru her young lover's hair.

"I'm fine, Xena. What happened back there? What did those villagers want with me?"

Xena shrugged. "I heard them talking. Crazy talk. All about something evil... and the innocent, golden-one who would bring it forth. It doesn't mean anything. It CAN'T mean anything...."

Gabrielle started to pace, clutching her middle as she tried to make some sense of what those villagers had been saying. "Xena, they think I'm preg----!" she suddenly exclaimed, looking at Xena in horror.

"Don't even say that, Gabrielle," said Xena, cutting off her beloved's words. "They were crazy, that's all. Don't listen to the foolish words of crazy men."

Gabrielle shuddered, her hand still on the swelling at her middle. She couldn't deny this, not forever. Tears came to her eyes and she slid into Xena's arms. "Say it will be okay, Xena. Say it will be okay," she said in a little sob.

"You're safe now, Love. Nothing can hurt you. I promise, I will take care of everything."

Xena held Gabrielle close in the thick forest, tenderly caressing her long golden hair. Eventually Gabrielle was soothed, held in the tender embrace of the one she loved. After awhile, Xena pulled from the embrace, looking at Gabrielle. She was disturbed to find that Gabrielle appeared to be more bloated by the minute. The swelling at her belly was growing much to Xena's horror.

"I need to find some wood for a fire," Xena said quickly, unable to hold Gabrielle another second.... not with Gabrielle's growing stomach seeming to come between them.

"Okay, Xena," Gabrielle said in a whisper, curling up on a pile of leaves under a huge oak tree. "I'll just lay here and rest. I'm so sleepy." The bard yawned, closing her eyes. Xena watched Gabrielle for a moment, staring at her longingly. She had promised to make everything better, but could she really do that, in the end? She had been lying to herself. The truth stared right back at her. Gabrielle was pregnant from the rape. Dahak's evil seed grew inside of her. Somehow, Xena had to tell Gabrielle it was true... she really was carrying a child. How would Gabrielle react from the news? It was such a terrible thing... to be impregnated by the act of brutal rape. It disgusted Xena... made her want to throw up. What kind of child was Gabrielle carrying... the offspring of a demon? Already her belly was growing at an unnatural rate, swelling up only days after the rape. Soon the evil thing would be born, then what would Xena do? She would have no problem wringing the neck of the ugly creature that had invaded her love's body, after all it's father was a demon. "I'm sorry, Gabrielle... this is all my fault," Xena whispered in a pain-filled voice as she walked into the forest in search of firewood. Her heart was breaking anew for all the pain Gabrielle must go thru.

Gabrielle was sleeping peacefully, a small hand cupping her tummy while three wood sprites looked on, gazing at her in wonder. Slowly her green eyes came open as she could feel their gazes upon her. "What the---? Who are you?" she asked, sitting up quickly, deeply frightened.

"Don't be afraid, Gabrielle. We mean you no harm," said one in a very strange, shrill voice.

"What are you doing here? Where is Xena?" asked the bard in alarm.

"We know of the life you carry. You will bring forth the darkness that will set us free," said another of the sprites.

Gabrielle shook her head as tears squeezed from her eyes. "I don't know what you are talking about. Go away!" she cried out, trying to slap the sprites away.

"Don't underestimate the great power of Dahak, Gabrielle. His power grows inside you!" called out the third of the sprites.

Gabrielle jumped up, about to run off into the woods, but suddenly she hit something hard. It was Xena. "Ohhh Xena," she sobbed. "There were these women in the woods. Sprites. They said things... they said I carry Dahak's evil within me. I'm so scared, Xena... so scared," she sobbed hysterically.

Xena held and soothed her lover. "Shhh, Gabrielle. We gotta get you away from here," spoke the warrior princess. She called for Argo and soon they were on their way.

"Where are we going?" Gabrielle asked as Argo trotted away, both of them riding upon her.

"Somewhere safe," replied Xena.

At nightfall, they had come to an abandoned barn. It was quite old, but the walls were sturdy. It would make a perfect shelter for the two of them. Xena got Gabrielle settled inside, then went to collect some firewood. She came back with a big armload of wood, which she went to place upon the dry dirt floor. Soon she had a cozy little fire started. "I was hoping we would make it to the cabin today," spoke Gabrielle as Xena went to her side.

"Me, too. We should get there tomorrow. Hopefully."

"What did those villagers want with me? And the sprites? They said things... scary things...."

"I know, Gabrielle. Try not to dwell on it now. We're safe here. We can get a good night's rest."

"I don't think I can sleep..." said Gabrielle. Suddenly an astonished look came to her face and all her words trailed off. She looked absolutely terrified.

"Gabrielle, what is it?" Xena asked urgently, seeing Gabrielle's hand go to the swelling at her middle.

Gabrielle reached for Xena's hand, so she too could feel it. It had felt as if something within her had moved... as though it had kicked. Looking into Xena's eyes, Gabrielle could see that Xena too had felt it. Through the flesh that was pulled painfully tight and luminous, Xena could feel the distinct movements within Gabrielle's body.

"Xena, what is that?" Gabrielle asked incredulously, gazing into Xena's sapphire eyes.

"I think it's time we both faced it. You're pregnant, Gabrielle," was Xena's soft response.

"Pregnant?" Gabrielle echoed, her hand still on her tummy in wonder. How could this be? She had prayed so long for a baby; she was finally getting her wish. But not like this! This baby couldn't be Dahak's... conceived from a brutal rape. She had wanted a baby with Xena. She had never wanted THIS.

"It cannot be true. Surely the fates are not that cruel," Gabrielle spoke softly as she tried to come to terms with the cold hard facts that were glaring and ugly in her face.

"I'm afraid it is true, Gabrielle. That's why the villagers were after you... that's why those wicked sprites sought you out. They know..." Xena began.

"No, please don't say it. I don't want it to be true. I don't want to have a demon's baby. I don't!"

"Gabrielle, I'm sorry. I know you don't want to hear this. I just want you to know, I'm with you thru all of this. Whatever happens, we will face it together. Do you understand? I love you," Xena said, holding out her arms to Gabrielle.

Gabrielle slid into Xena's embrace. "I love you, too, Xena. I need you right now. I'm so afraid..."

"I'm right here, Baby, and I'm not going anywhere. Let's get some sleep."

Xena took Gabrielle's hand, leading her over to a pile of fresh straw. Argo stood in a nearby stall, getting ready to settle down for the night. The night was quiet, only the sound of a nearby brook and an occasional animal calling out to its mate could be heard. Gabrielle rested her blond head upon Xena's chest, listening to her steady heartbeat. Eventually, the sound of it helped her to drift into a much-needed sleep.

"Xena, help me," Gabrielle implored, waking in the middle of the night, feeling sharp pains in her abdomen. It felt as though giant claws were ripping at her middle, trying to tear her in two.

Xena sat up quickly, a blade in hand, ready to fight anything that might try to come between she and Gabrielle. "What is it?" Xena whispered in the near-darkness.

Gabrielle reached for Xena's hand and placed it on her tummy, so Xena could feel the incredible tightness there. Her belly was contracting. Whatever she carried inside her would soon be expelled. The thought of that terrified Gabrielle, making her quiver.

"What's happening to me?" she said in a tiny whisper.

"I think you are in labor, Gabrielle."

"No!" Gabrielle hissed, trying to stand, but a very sharp pain knocked the breath from her, dragging her to her knees. "Ohhh Xena, I think my water just broke!" she exclaimed. She looked down, seeing the hem of her tunic had gotten soaked.

"Lie still, Gabrielle," Xena insisted, assisting Gabrielle back onto the pile of straw. "We are going to get thru this together, remember?" Xena then seated herself directly behind Gabrielle, wrapping her arms around her to hold her in her embrace.

"Xena, ohhhh Zeus!!! It hurts!" whimpered the bard, her whole body tensing as another sharp pain made her gasp.

"It's okay, little one. Just breathe," Xena spoke in a soft, soothing voice, helping Gabrielle to calm and lie still. "Just breathe deeply and listen to the sound of my voice. I'm not leaving you, Gabrielle. I'm going to help you thru this."

"I know you hurt real bad, but I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you," the warrior promised. As she spoke, she reached for her saddlebags, trying to find everything she needed to assist with the impending birth. She soon had everything prepared, and Gabrielle sufficiently calmed. She then slid Gabrielle's tunic up her beautiful legs, pushing it up to her swollen waist. Already, the unborn baby's head was poised to enter the world.

Never before had Xena seen a baby born so fast. No wonder the bard was in such pain, the baby was coming way too fast. She hadn't time to recover in between contractions. Suddenly Gabrielle let out a very loud scream, twisting with pain as Xena knelt between her legs.

Xena couldn't stand it a moment longer. Gabrielle's screams were too intense, too heart-wrenching. Placing her hands upon the pressure point at Gabrielle's groin, Xena put the pinch on her. Immediately the pain began to fade. Gabrielle could breathe again. She took in great gulps of air, her blond hair twisted and tangled around her head from perspiration.

"I can't do this, Xena. I can't," she murmured, feeling so exhausted, although the pain had diminished to nothing more than a dull, annoying ache.

"Yes, you can. You're doing great now. And when your body says it's time, you can begin pushing. We're almost there..." Xena said encouragingly.

"Then it will all be over?" Gabrielle asked hopefully. She just wanted it all to end. She didn't want to hurt anymore.

"Yes, Gabrielle.... let it happen," spoke Xena, doing her best to get Gabrielle thru the last moments of labor. As soon as the baby was born, she would do what she must. She would end the life of the evil one's child. She would do whatever she had to do to protect Gabrielle.

"By the gods, I gotta push!" Gabrielle cried out, as she tried with all her might to expel the intruder that had invaded her body. Her birth canal was stretching immensely as the little one's head began to enter the world. Xena watched, supporting the head while also easing it out slowly to avoid tearing Gabrielle's tender, young flesh. Thankfully the babe's head was small, and Gabrielle remained intact, even after the shoulders came free. The rest of the body then slid out into Xena's waiting hands.

12