XTC 2.8

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was a massive machine. It resembled a large tower with a handful of small buildings scattered around its base. It was sparsely lit, and even in the growing darkness, she could see that the air was swirling all around its top.

"There are many scattered across the planet. This is only one design, but they all work in a similar manner."

She stared at it in fascination. She hadn't really thought about what was making the planet livable, she just knew that it was a complicated and expensive process that took generations.

"They're just one means of transforming the atmosphere to make the planet habitable, but they're ground-based and run constantly. They require constant maintenance, and refuelling," he commented.

"If only they could use Martian motors," she mused, staring at the odd machine.

"If only," he agreed.

"A perpetual motion generator... would certainly save on fuel costs. They could run longer and more consistently, as well. It might substantially reduce the amount of time needed to transform a planet," she suggested, after a minute's thought.

"Almost certainly," he agreed.

Gina looked at him, then back at the machine.

"I have some ideas..."

"The captain thought you might."