You Can Ring My Bell

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't know about you," Audrey said once they'd unpacked and settled in, "but I could use a little nap before the ceremony."

Not waiting for a reply, Audrey quickly pulled off the sundress she had worn for the trip, leaving her in just a simple bra and panties. Then, pulling down the covering on the bed closest to the far wall, she climbed in and pulled the blanket up over herself. In almost no time at all the brunette was fast asleep, impressing Rachel, who had always envied people who could do that.

Not having stayed up late working, as Audrey had said she had, Rachel didn't feel the least bit tired. However, she had skipped breakfast and was feeling a little bit hungry. With a few hours to go before the cocktail hour started, a little snack might, she thought, not be a bad idea. She'd noticed a small coffee shop just off the lobby when they'd checked in, so after leaving a note, Rachel headed off in that direction.

Sitting at a small table with a coffee and a piece of pie, Rachel thought about the ride here with Audrey. Much to her surprise, the conversation had been quite enjoyable, something she hadn't expected, given the difference in their ages and lifestyles. It had actually been the second part of that thought that concerned Rachel, worrying that once they'd started talking, they'd find little in common to talk about.

To her knowledge, Rachel had never even had a conversation with a lesbian before, although there had been a girl or two in school that she'd had her suspicions about. In her ignorance, the twenty-two year old had subscribed to the notion that all lesbians hated men, but over the course of their road chat she learned that was hardly the case. Audrey had a good many male friends, and generally liked men. She just had no interest in having one in her bed. It was as simple as that.

Listening to her story as they drove, Rachel began to actually admire the older woman. Audrey had grown up with no more advantages than Rachel had. Yet, right out of college, which she'd worked her way through, she'd opened her own clothing boutique, and that became successful enough in a few years to give her the money to invest in D'Martini's when that opportunity arose.

Rachel had also been surprised to discover that being in a relationship with another woman held many of the same problems that she'd discovered with men. Audrey had been quite forthcoming in answering some of her questions, a lot more so than most friends her own age usually were.

Returning to their room an hour later, Rachel found Audrey's bed empty and the sound of the shower running. With her party clothes already laid out on a nearby chair, there was little for her to do but lay back on her own bed to wait her turn in the bathroom.

Her head has just hit the pillow when Audrey's cell phone, left on the night table between the beds, went off. The ring tone, Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl", brought a smile to Rachel's face.

Propped up on the bed, Rachel could see the caller's name displayed on the smart phone's screen and wondered why the Darbyville Sheriff's office would be calling Audrey. Her curiosity became stronger when, right after the phone went to voice mail, a text message appeared on the screen. Shifting over to the side of the bed, Rachel was able to read a bit of the message before it disappeared.

The text had come from someone Audrey's phone identified as Lady Law and mentioned something about an arrest warrant being able to work wonders. Rachel was tempted to try and access the rest of the message, but the sound of the shower being shut off quickly dashed that thought.

Feeling a touch guilty for even having considered the idea, Rachel quickly moved back to her original position, trying to act nonchalant as she did so. She was turning her head as the bathroom door opened, then had to do a sudden double take when she saw Rachel walk through it without so much as a towel wrapped around her body.

Rachel had only gotten a brief glimpse of Audrey's body when she had undressed for her nap earlier, just enough for her to think that, for someone a decade her senior, the brunette was in pretty good shape. Now, with nothing standing between her and all of the older woman's glory, she had to quickly update that to being in great shape for any age. Back in high school, few girls on the cheerleading squad had looked that good.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't thinking," Audrey said when she noticed the look of surprise on Rachel's face. "It's just that I never bother with robes or such when I'm home. It always seemed so pointless to cover up just to walk from one room to another. I could change in the bathroom if it bothers you."

"No, it's okay," Rachel finally replied, "I just didn't expect it, that's all."

"Alright then," Audrey said as she walked across the room towards where she had laid out her own clothes.

"Oh, before I forget, your phone went off while you were in the shower," Rachel said, having actually forgotten it for a moment when Audrey had walked back in. "I think you might have gotten a text also."

Pausing and turning around, inadvertently giving Rachel an even closer look at her naked form, Audrey leaned down and picked up her phone from the nightstand. It took but a moment to read the text message, but as she did, her face filled with a smile. One that Rachel first would've described as mischievous, but then decided could more accurately be called wicked. Then, without comment, Audrey put the phone back down and went back to where she'd left her outfit.

Concern mixed with curiosity again filled Rachel's thoughts, so much so that she felt she had to ask about the call and text. By her own admission, Audrey did say she could be a bitch at times.

"Audrey, can I ask you a question?" Rachel said.

"Of course," Audrey said as she took a fresh pair of panties out of the dresser beyond her bed.

"I couldn't help but see the caller ID when your phone rang," she said cautiously, "and maybe I'm being a bit paranoid, but I can't help but wonder if maybe that call was about me and my problem."

"I see," Audrey simply said after sliding the underwear up along her legs. "What you're wondering is if, despite what I said in Clarence's office, I called the police about you after all and you're going to find yourself being led away in handcuffs come Monday morning."

"I guess something like that," Rachel replied, now feeling a little bit foolish.

"Well, given the way some people have treated you, I guess it's understandable that you might be a little suspicious," Audrey said. "But believe me, when I tell you something, you can take it to the bank. That said, yes, the call and text were about your problem, but not in the way that you are thinking. I just didn't want to say anything to you until I was sure."

Rachel was a little confused, but Audrey had her full attention.

"I asked an old friend of mine," Audrey said, with such emphasis on the word friend that Rachel knew it meant lover, "to pay a visit to Petrocelli Auto this morning and have a few words with Mr. McManus. You wouldn't know it from looking at her, but Marla, who's a deputy sheriff by the way, can be quite persuasive when she needs to be."

Audrey paused for a second to be sure Rachel understood.

"It turns out that your now ex-boyfriend," she continued, "had good reason not to want to risk police involvement, because he's still on probation from a previous arrest last summer. In the end, all it took was the suggestion that his name might appear on an arrest warrant to

convince him that he had better beg, borrow or, well, perhaps not steal, whatever he had to in order to come up with enough cash to replace what he took out of your purse."

"You mean he's giving me back the money?" Rachel said in disbelief.

"Every penny," Audrey smiled.

"I can't believe it," Rachel said in a soft, thankful voice.

"So it looks like your problems are over," Audrey grinned, "at least those with that waste of life. I was going to tell you before we went over to the ceremony."

"Would that have even been legal?" Rachel asked as she took in exactly what had happened. "Putting his name on an arrest warrant, I mean."

"Let's not worry about little things like legalities, and just be satisfied that everything worked out to your advantage," the brunette smiled.

"I don't know what else to say," Rachel said.

"Thank you might be appropriate," Audrey suggested.

"Of course, " Rachel said as she felt such a weight lift from her shoulders. "Thank you, thank you so very much."

"Just learn from it, my dear," Audrey said as she reached back into the drawer and pulled out the bra that went with her panties, "and be more careful about whom you give your trust to in the future."

Rachel nodded her agreement, thinking that those were words she should try and learn to live by.

"But for now," Audrey concluded, "I think you might want to hit the shower, because we do have a wedding to go to and we wouldn't want to be late, would we?"

-=-=-=-

By the time Rachel came out of the bathroom ten minutes later, a large towel wrapped tightly around her, Audrey had already finished dressing. The garment bag she had laid across the bed earlier had contained a simple but elegant navy blue evening dress, that was designed to accent rather than display the body beneath it. Topped by a matching jacket, there was just enough of a hint of a nicely proportioned bust to draw even a casual onlooker's interest.

"Wow, you look great," Rachel said.

"Thank you," Audrey smiled.

"I'll be ready in five minutes," Rachel promised.

"Don't worry, we still have a little time," Audrey assured her.

The dress Rachel had brought with her wasn't as stylish as the one Audrey was wearing, but it was the best one she owned. Bright red and strapless, it was just short enough to show off her legs and tight enough to accent her generous curves. It was her favorite party dress, but as she laid it out on the bed she wondered if perhaps it might be too much for a wedding. After all, since these were Audrey's friends, it stood to reason that it would be an older crowd than she was used to.

'Well, it's not like I have something else to change into,' she thought as she placed the appropriate undergarments next to it, 'so it will have to do.'

As she quickly got dressed, Rachel found herself surreptitiously glancing over her shoulder to see if Audrey was watching her change. But each time she looked, the older woman didn't seem to be taking any notice at all. The lack of interest was almost disappointing.

"All done," Rachel finally said after slipping on her most comfortable shoes, at least the most comfortable ones that went with the dress.

"That ... is a fantastic dress," Audrey said, looking at Rachel as if she was seeing her for the first time. "I wish I could get away with wearing something like that."

"I'm sure you could," Rachel replied. "You have a fantastic body," she added, the thought of how much of that body she had seen this afternoon flashing though her head.

"Maybe I could, ten years ago," Audrey mused, laughing softly, then glancing at the clock added. "I think we'd better get going if we don't want to be late."

It was only four miles to the catering hall where the wedding was being held, but an accident on the only access road turned what should been a brief run into a twenty minute trip. Then it was a matter of finding a parking spot in the overcrowded lot, which was surprising since only one of the banquet rooms was being used at the moment, the other being under renovation. As a result of both delays, the cocktail hour was already underway by the time the two of them

finally walked in.

Rachel did a rough count as they made their way across the room, quickly estimating that there had to be at least sixty couples already there. That most of them were made up of women was just about the only thing that hadn't surprised her so far today. Audrey had been quick to tell her yesterday that there would be no groom at this particular wedding.

Late as they were, they still had a half hour to go before the couple were scheduled to exchange vows out in the garden where a flower trestle and rows of chairs could be seen through large glass covered doors. Then it would be back inside for the reception.

"Would you like a drink?" Audrey asked once she spotted the bar set over in the far corner.

"I'd love one," Rachel replied. "But why don't you let me get them? I think that couple over there is trying to get your attention."

Sure enough, the couple in question, another redhead and brunette combination, had been waving to catch Audrey's eye and were now moving toward her. Deciding it would be rude not to wait for them, Audrey told Rachel what she would like and watched for a second while she headed off towards the bar.

There was a small crowd at the bar, just enough women to make it difficult for Rachel to get the attention of the middle-aged bartender. She hadn't noticed, at least at first, that there were two women working on the other side of the counter, and was taken by surprise when the other bartender suddenly appeared right in front of her.

"What can I get for you, love?" the tall, dark skinned woman asked as she leaned across the bar top.

The woman, whose nametag identified her as Alice, was dressed in a white top and black slacks that reminded Rachel of her own work outfit. The version the bartender wore, however, would hardly be appropriate for the family style restaurant - at least as far as the top went. Sleeveless, with enough open buttons to display more cleavage than the dress Rachel was wearing, the blouse was also made of a material translucent enough to show off not only the thick nipples of Alice's breasts, but the dark silver dollar-sized areola around them.

"I said, what can I get you, love?" Alice repeated, well aware that Rachel had been staring at her chest.

"Oh, two white wines," Rachel said, feeling a bit embarrassed to have been caught looking.

She was originally planning to order a beer, but changed her mind when Audrey had asked her to get her the wine. It was going to be a long night and, upon reflection, Rachel decided that it might not be a bad idea to pace herself.

Rachel was a bit confused when, after taking her order, Alice didn't immediately head off to fill it. The delay was long enough for her to wonder if perhaps it was a cash bar. Tacky as that might be at a wedding, she had once been to one that actually had one.

She was about to ask when the black woman again smiled and finally went off to get her drinks. It was only once the bartender had stepped away that Rachel realized what had just happened.

'Oh my God,' she thought, 'that woman was checking me out.'

When Alice returned, two glasses in hand, she gave Rachel such an inviting smile that there was no doubt she had indeed been doing what the redhead had imagined.

"Here you go, darling," Alice said as she placed the two drinks on the counter in front of Rachel. "One for you, and one for your girlfriend over there."

Evidently, Alice had spotted Rachel with Audrey before she had come over to the bar.

"Oh she's not my girlfriend," Rachel said without thinking, "I mean, she's a friend, but... well, you know."

"Really?" Alice replied, the tone of her voice recognizable as reflecting a higher level of interest. "Well, if you need anything else, anything at all, you just come back to my end of the bar."

"Thank you," Rachel said, giving the woman a smile that didn't cost her anything to give, "I'll remember that."

Walking back toward Audrey, a glass in each hand, Rachel couldn't resist the temptation to glance back over her shoulder to see if Alice was still watching her. Sure enough, she was, with a look on her face reminiscent of that she'd seen on any number of guys.

"Would you believe the bartender was actually checking me out?" she said to Audrey as she handed her one of the glasses.

"Really," Audrey asked as she took her wine, "which one?"

Rachel didn't understand what she meant for a second, then realized that Audrey thought it equally possible that her admirer could've been the fiftyish woman whose attention she had first tried to get.

"The one on the left," she said, thinking that was the simplest and most diplomatic designation she could make.

"Hmmm, quite sexy," Audrey said with an admiring smile as she shifted her gaze to that end of the bar. "But I don't know why you find that so surprising," she added as she took a taste of her drink, "especially in that dress."

"I don't know," Rachel replied as she took a sip of her own wine. "I guess I never had it happen before, I mean with another woman."

"You mean you never noticed it before," Audrey grinned.

Thinking about it, Rachel decided that was probably true.

"What happened to your friends?" Rachel asked, changing the subject.

"Oh, they'll be back," Audrey answered. "They just wanted to say hi and see if we were sitting at the same table later."

As they moved about the room, Rachel was introduced to a few more couples. Despite what she'd said at the bar, she was surprised when Audrey introduced her as simply her guest - especially once she learned that the bride, or at least the one that they had come to wish well, had been a lot more than just the old friend that Audrey had initially named her as.

Rachel couldn't imagine any circumstances that could lead her to invite an old boyfriend to her wedding, but as she was quickly learning, these women seemed to subscribe to a very different set of rules.

A perfect example had been the way Audrey had called on Deputy Dunn to help her with Rachel's problem. It would never occur to the younger redhead to reach out to any of her ex- boyfriends for help of any kind.

"Are you having a good time?" Audrey asked a short time later, as they moved away from yet another couple who had to come over to say hello and meet the girl Audrey had brought to the wedding.

"I'm having a great time," Rachel replied.

"I'm glad," Audrey said, "but I'm afraid that, despite anything I've said to the contrary, my friends seem to think that I'm sleeping with you," she added, sounding to Rachel as if she was apologizing for their assumption.

"Yeah, I kind of picked up on that," Rachel replied, having seen the same knowing smiles when Audrey had insisted that Rachel was just a friend. "It's okay, I don't mind.

She had already decided that was the least she could do, seeing that Audrey had really saved her ass. In fact, she decided to do what she could to enhance that perception, wrapping her arm around the brunette and holding onto her as if they were indeed lovers. And while Audrey had indeed apologized for the mistaken impression, once Rachel had begun to act as if she was indeed what they thought she was, the brunette did little to correct it.

The mistress of ceremonies soon called for everyone's attention and asked that they move out into the garden. Once they were there, Rachel had her first chance to see the soon to be married couple.

Elisa, Audrey's friend who had been more than just a friend, was wearing a traditional wedding gown. She was quite pretty, Rachel thought, in her late twenties, with long black hair that ran half way down her back. The other bride, much to her surprise, bore more than a superficial resemblance to Audrey, with equally short dark hair and features that could also be called more handsome than beautiful. She was decked out in an all-white pants suit, complete with a matching vest and ruffled blouse.

The ceremony was as simple as it was brief, just an exchange of vows with a few words from the presiding official. It was over almost as quickly as it had begun. The passionate kiss the two women shared at the end seemed to be the longest part of the ceremony.