You Got a Friend Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After that I decided that romance is an illusion for kids. I focused on rebuilding my career. I've had a few fucks. I've got a man's needs. You know that. I've never hurt a woman. But I avoid commitment. So did they, mostly, until you came along. But this is different and I don't know how to handle it. That's the honest truth, Mary."

"Thank you, Steve. Thanks for being honest with me." There was no bitterness in Mary's voice but she switched off the light and turned away from me.

A few minutes later she whispered "In the film Julia Roberts asked for the dream. Are you saying there is no dream for me, Steve?"

"It depends what your dream is," I replied, suddenly alert again.

"I'm not interested in the clothes or the parties like in the film and I can wait for marriage. I've been on the shelf for years. I won't get any dustier," she said trying to force herself to laugh. "I just want us to be together..... for ever," she said with a degree of desperation in her voice that told me this was really her bottom line.

"For ever is a long time," I replied gently. "Nobody can see the future. But I want to share it with you whatever it might be," I promised her. "As for the rest, marriage, kids and all that stuff. Well I'm not saying never. Just give me time."

She rolled over towards me and said, her voice breaking, "Take my panties off, Steve."

12