You Never Know Who Reads Your Stories Pt. 03

Story Info
Will Matt and Emily's relationship last?
11.6k words
4.87
9.8k
25

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/24/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
demon160
demon160
500 Followers

This part again follows straight on from part 2, so you might need to read that before starting this part of the story.

*****

While finishing work one evening a message from Emily came through on my phone.

'Matt please ring me as soon as you get home. I NEED to speak to you.'

The message seemed a bit serious. I rang her and finally reached her.

Emily came onto the line and she sounded upset. "Are you ok Em?" I asked.

"Matt I have to fly out on Monday. They have brought forward some of the promotional activities for 'Warrior Within' and I have to go to LA on Monday for a photo shoot and articles for a few magazines, then to New York for more work before going back to London to start filming my next movie... I won't get to say goodbye to you..." Emily said, sounding like she was tearing up.

"Oh Em that is terrible news. I was really looking forward to coming down to see you... I don't want you to go."

"I don't want to go either, but I have to."

"I know you have to, but I still don't want you to go."

"What are we going to do?"

************

Emily and I consoled each other over the phone, lamenting the fact that she had to fly out to LA on Monday and we wouldn't get a chance to spend more time together, or even say goodbye properly. I then had an idea. I went to my computer and asked Emily "What time does your flight leave?"

"It leaves at 12:15pm Matty. Why?"

"So you have to get there 3 hours before, so you will be at the airport from about 9 o'clock right?"

"Yes Matt. What are you doing?"

"I'm booking a flight down to see you at the airport before you leave... Right all done. I arrive in Melbourne at 8 am and I can get the shuttle across to the International Terminal to see you before you go."

"Really Matt. You did that just to see me?"

"Of course. I couldn't let you leave without saying goodbye."

"I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to see you either."

***********

The next day at work I spoke to my boss and told her how Emily was leaving earlier than initially planned, and that I wanted to go have the day off to say goodbye. My boss was initially unhappy that I wanted the day off, but when I told her why she agreed that I could do it.

My brother in law David also called in to see me at work and dropped off the present I had asked Jenny to make for Emily. He wished me luck for my trip to Melbourne.

I was so nervous heading to Melbourne and so sad. I didn't want to say goodbye to Emily. I had fallen for her and was pretty sure she felt the same way. In my backpack I had her present wrapped up and a card to give her.

My flight was a little late and once at Melbourne Airport I made my way over to the International terminal, messaging Emily to let her know that I had arrived. Once at the International Terminal I waited near the Qantas check in. Only 5 minutes later I saw Emily come in through the doors. She had her sunglasses on, jeans and a long coat. I could see her looking around the area. When she saw me her face absolutely beamed, and she started to walk quicker, almost running to meet me. She almost leapt into my arms as we hugged and kissed.

Emily held me really tight as she sniffled in my ear. "Oh Matt I've missed you."

"I've missed you too Em." I whispered back.

We were then interrupted by Emily's sister who had come up to join us. Emily and I disentangled from each other and she then introduced me properly to Sophie.

Sophie and I began to chat as Emily went and checked into her flight. I had spoken to Sophie previously on the phone so it wasn't awkward between us.

We talked about a few things before she said how good it was that I had come down to see Emily off and how much she was going to miss Emily. I agreed saying I was going to miss Emily too. Sophie then started to sound serious.

"Matt, I don't think you are, but I really hope you are not just leading Emily on. She likes you very much and I DON'T want to see her hurt again."

"Sophie, I definitely do not want to hurt Emily. She is amazing and I really like her a lot too."

"Good. It has taken her a long time to get over Derek." Sophie paused and continued "I haven't seen Emily this happy in years. I just want her to be happy."

"She makes me so happy too. I can't imagine being without her now to tell you the truth."

"Please look after Emily. Or else you will have me to answer to." Sophie replied with a little smirk, but she was serious about looking after her sister.

"I definitely will." I said

Emily then walked back to us. She had arranged for all of us to go into the Qantas Club lounge before she had to go through to her flight. Sophie declined though, saying that we should spend a little time together. She and Emily had a big hug, saying their goodbyes. They had done this many times over the years, but it still wasn't easy.

Sophie then gave me a hug. "Look after Emily." She said.

Sophie then left and Emily and I were guided by someone from Qantas into the lounge. Emily seemed to attract a bit of attention as we walked through to a more secluded area of the club. We sat down and cuddled together.

We held hands as we talked and snuggled together. Emily was telling me how her production company loved my story and definitely wanted to make it into a movie. They just needed a screenplay written. She suggested that I should do it and that I'd be a great writer. I sort of scoffed at the idea, but Emily was insistent that I should give it a go. I told her I would think about.

Our conversation was a little awkward, as we both didn't want to acknowledge that we had to say goodbye shortly. The looks we exchanged were full of longing and some sadness. Emily told me that I could come over to London and see her whenever I wanted. I told her I would arrange something as soon as I could.

Time flew as we were there together. A member of the Qantas team came over and interrupted us, saying it was time for 'Miss Windsor' to go through to her flight.

I remembered that I had a present for her. I reached into my bag and retrieved the small present and card.

"Em, I just wanted to give you a little present... Just a little something to remember me by."

"Ohhh thank you Matt... You didn't have to get me anything. I won't EVER forget you." She replied.

"Don't open it now. Do it later... Maybe when you are on the plane?"

Emily slipped the present into her handbag. Standing there facing Emily, even though the lounge was busy with people, it felt like we were the only people on the planet.

The look on Emily's face was so sad. I didn't know what else to say. I put my hand up and moved some hair away from her face, before leaning across and kissing her. The kiss started quietly before turning passionate very quickly.

We moved apart and I said "I'm going to miss you so much Emily."

Emily had tears in her eyes. "I'm going to miss you too Matt." She said before wrapping her arms around me and holding me really tight. The tears in her eyes started to become bigger.

We were still holding each other but time was ticking away. It was time for her to get to her plane. I kissed Emily and slowly slid my hands down her arms until we were just holding hands.

"Bye 'my Emily'... I'll miss you." I said.

"Goodbye 'my Matt'. I lo ... I'll miss you too." A very teary Emily replied.

We kissed again before slowly moving apart. We kept one hand together even when moving in our different directions, slowly pulling apart until the tips of our fingers finally lost contact.

I got to the escalator to head out and I looked across the lounge. Emily had just gotten to the doorway through to Customs. She turned and looked across towards me. I blew her a kiss and she smiled through her tear stained eyes and blew me a kiss too, before heading through.

**************

I got onto the shuttle back to the Domestic terminal. I was feeling absolutely heartbroken. I had never felt this bad ever. Other breakups had been bad, but this one hurt so much more. I had never left anyone because I loved them and they loved me (or I think she loved me.)

I put my earphones on to isolate myself from the outside world. I hit shuffle and music started. It was Chris Isaak crooning 'Wicked Game'. Damn you Chris Isaak.

'I'd never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you,

And I'd never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you'

Listening to this song my heart completely broke and the tears I had been struggling to hold back started to flow.

I eventually checked in for my flight back to Sydney and went through to the gate feeling absolutely empty inside. Out through the windows in the terminal I looked across to the International terminal and I could see Emily's plane sitting at the gate. I felt really sad that she was going, and to make it worse, I didn't get to tell her that I was in love with her.

It was then that I thought about the gift I had given to Emily. The gift was a bracelet that Jenny had made. It was gold and it had three charms on it. The first was a star, just like Em's tattoo. The second was a heart, and the final one was a kangaroo, styled like my tattoo. I really hoped she liked it.

My thoughts turned to what I wrote on the card.

'My Dearest Emily,

I hope you like this little present. I wanted to give you something that would hopefully remind you of me. I don't want you to forget me, because I will never, ever forget you.

I can't believe how far we have come together over such a short time. Thinking back now about travelling to Melbourne for that first meeting with 'Isabelle', I never expected to be here now feeling like I do.

I have fallen for you Emily.

You are such a beautiful, gorgeous person. Your gorgeous smile, particularly when it is directed at me, stunning hair, amazingly sexy body. And your eyes, Ooh your eyes Emily. Do you know how many times I have gotten lost just looking into your eyes? I think they are completely mesmerising.

Not only are you physically gorgeous, you are an amazingly beautiful person. You are fun, funny, so intelligent, caring, sweet, kind, so honest and open, and you listen to other people. Most of all you make me feel so good all of the times we have been together, whether in hotels, my house or just out walking together. I have never felt happier than when I have had you on my arm.

Emily, when we say goodbye at the airport I will probably muck it up and will be feeling so sad to tell you what I truly feel, so I will write it down now.

I love you Emily. I love you so much.

I hope I have told you this in person, but it hurts so much just thinking about saying goodbye, let alone telling you that I love you.

I promise I will call you as soon as you get to LA to tell you how I feel in person.

My love always.

Your Matt xxxx'

I was sitting there daydreaming about Emily, feeling sad. Looking out through the window I could see her plane was being taxied out when my phoned 'binged' with a message.

On my phone I could see a picture of Emily wearing the bracelet, looking a little teary but smiling at the same time. The message below said 'I love the bracelet Matt. Thank You'

Then a second message came through 'I love you my Matt. Very much.'

I replied 'I love you too.'

Em sent back. 'Have to go now. Will ring you when I get to LA tomorrow. I Love you Matt.'

'Can't wait to hear your voice. I Love you Em' I sent back, feeling happier that Emily loves me, but still down as she was leaving.

My flight home was difficult as I was struggling to keep my emotions in check. The girl I was so in love with had left and my heart was broken. Once back in Sydney I headed straight to my sister's shop. As I entered the store, David was with a customer. He took one look at me and seeing the look on my face he just signalled me through to the back of the shop where Jenny was working.

Jenny saw me come in and she stood up. The tears I had been struggling to hold back now flowed as she took me in her arms. I cried like a child, unable to get the words out as to how much I missed Emily.

After a little while I calmed down and Jenny sat me down and got me some water. I began telling her all about what happened at the airport, giving Emily the present. I even showed her the messages Emily sent me on the phone. After I said all this I asked her "What am I going do Jen?"

Jen looked me in the eyes and smiled and said with all of the wisdom that an older sister should have "Why aren't you on that plane with Emily? Why didn't you go too?"

"Because Jen... I have work ... And you and Dave and the kids here... And my friends." I babbled, not really making sense.

Jenny remained calm. "Ok let's start at the beginning. Work. Do you love your work? Is it your 'dream job'? Is it what you have wanted to do since you were a kid?"

I thought for a second "No Jen, it's not my dream job. You know that. But I do have commitments."

Jenny then kept presenting reasons why I should go and be with Emily. I could not refute any of her arguments. She then came up with the best reason ever.

"Matty you love Emily and from seeing you two together I just knew she loves you, even before she said so in the message. You have to do everything you can to get to her and to be with her. Since you started to see Emily I... haven't seen you this happy in ages. You deserve to be this happy. You two are great together."

Jenny and I then sat there and planned how I could be with Emily. With a little internet research we worked out what I needed to do. I felt so happy that I was actually doing something to be with the woman I love.

After about an hour I left Jenny's shop. I was a man with a plan. My first stop was to my work. I went in and saw my boss in her office. I told her all about Emily and I, my plan to head overseas and I resigned from my position. She arranged all the details to ensure I was paid out correctly and wished me all the best in my pursuit of love. She did say that I would be welcome back to work if I needed to. I thanked her again and went and said goodbye to my colleagues. Many were shocked but pleased for me. I didn't tell them I was seeing Emily Windsor, just my girlfriend Emily.

At home I began the process of getting ready to leave for the trip of a lifetime.

The next day Emily rang me. It was 9am in the morning in Sydney, 2pm in LA and she had just arrived in her hotel room.

"Hi Matty." She said sounding a little sad.

"Hi Emily. I miss you and I love you so much."

Emily started to cry "Oh Matt I love you too."

"Shhh, Shhh don't cry Em. I need to talk to you."

"What do you want to talk about?" Emily sniffled.

"Well I remember the wonderful, beautiful woman that I love wanted me to write a screenplay for a movie she wanted to make and I have decided to do it. I'd love to write the screenplay. But Emily, I have never written a screenplay."

"I know that Matt. But you will do a great job. You are such a good writer."

"I hope so. But I was thinking... I think I should be closer to the movie industry to write it. So I also remember the girl I love with all my heart offered for me to come over to London whenever I wanted." Emily had stopped sniffling and I could hear her breathing on the phone. "I was wondering if that offer was still available."

"Are you serious Matt?"

"Very serious Em. I have quit my job. I'm organising to lease my house and I am going to the British High Commission today to organise my visa. I want to be with you Emily. I can't stand being apart from you and I hope you still want me to be with you."

Emily started to cry again. "Yes, yes, yes Matt. I want you to come to London and live with me. You really want to move to England to be with me?"

"Yes Em. I never want to be without you. I love you. I love you so much."

"Matt I love you so much. Oh you have made me so happy."

We talked for more than an hour, as Emily told me how sad she had been on the flight to LA. The flight attendants were concerned for her and she told them all about us and how much she loved me and how she was missing me already.

I told her all about my plans, how I could get an Ancestry Visa for England due to my late English grandfather, how I was going to support myself over there and most of all how much I loved her. She told me she was in America for the next 2 weeks and I had about 3 weeks left in Australia until I could come to London.

When we finished the call Emily and I were both so happy. I couldn't wait to see her and she was ecstatic that I wanted to be with her.

*************

It was the end of June when the day finally arrived for me to travel to London. Jenny took me to the airport. I was excited and a little nervous as well. This was the biggest 'leap of love' I had ever taken. Jenny was a little teary as we said our goodbyes, but she reassured me I was doing the right thing.

My flight to London was long but thankfully on time. I was excited, and anxious as to how it would be with Emily again. We had spoken nearly every day since she left Australia. She told me all about her work, the magazine interviews and photo shoots. She even sent me some of the pictures that were taken. Emily looked so glamorous in the designer clothes she wore for the photo shoots. I did notice that in the pictures she was always wearing the bracelet that I had given her.

Arriving at Heathrow, I made my way through Customs and Immigration; I caught the train into Kings Cross and switched to the tube, and following Emily's instructions I disembarked at Old Church Street station. Emily lived in the highly fashionable Chelsea area of London in an apartment.

Her instructions were great and in no time I found my way to the Emily's address. 'Cromley Towers' was an older looking five storey building, but had very modern glass doors. As I got to the doors, they opened automatically. I was then greeted in the foyer by an imposing gentleman, very tall and well built in a very nice suit.

"Good morning Mr Thompson and welcome to 'Cromley Towers'. I am Terrance, the head doorman. Miss Windsor told us to expect you this morning."

I held out my hand and shook Terrance's. "Nice to meet you Terrance. Please call me Matt." This seemed to surprise Terrance.

"Ok ... Matt. Here is the key to Miss Windsor's apartment. She is on the fourth floor, apartment ..."

"4B" we both said together, with a smile.

"Mr Thompson, Matt. I... Miss Windsor must like you very much to invite you here. She is a very private person." Terrance seemed to gather himself up to his full height (probably 6'4"). "I wouldn't like to see Miss Windsor ... Messed around."

I smiled. Everyone always wanted the best for Emily. "Terrance, I haven't moved half way around the world to mess Emily around. She is the most amazing girl I have ever met."

Terrance seemed pleased with my response. He shook my hand again and said "Anything you need Mr Thom... Matt, please come and see Me." as he directed me to the lift.

I got out on the fourth floor and went to the door 4B. Using my key I opened the door.

Inside the door there was a hallway going straight ahead and one off to my right. Just ahead on my left was a hall table and on this was a big bunch of flowers and balloons. Pinned to this was a note "Welcome Home Matt!!"

'Hi Matt, Welcome home. I can't believe that you are finally here in London. Please make yourself at home. I have labelled everything so you can find your way around. I will be home tonight about 5:30pm and I can't wait to see you.

I love you Matt.

Emily xxxxx'

I had a huge grin on my face reading this note. I continued down the hall to a large lounge dining room, with the kitchen off to the right hand side. The apartment was very new, bright and airy with all modern appliances. Emily had a large lounge suite, very up to date flat screen TV and beautiful pictures on the walls.

demon160
demon160
500 Followers