You're Getting Very, Very Sleepy

Story Info
Taking a closer look at just why the cliche works.
2.4k words
4.15
40.3k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

((The usual warnings and instructions. The following is an erotic trance with bdsm themes. For best results, find a quiet, comfortable place to read, and let yourself relax. If you enjoyed this story, please rate it, and as always, I love hearing feedback from my readers.))

*

You are getting very, very sleepy.

Throw in a pocketwatch on a chain and you have the most cliche gimmick in hypnosis. Depending on where you see it, the subject either rolls their eyes at the nonsense idea that something so simple could work, or they immediately slump forward into a absolute trance.

It's not something your average hypnotist would say, and it's definitely not something that would work as we've seen in stories. But...there is a hint of truth in it. Hypnos is the ancient greek for "sleep". The literal meaning of hypnosis is " to be put to sleep". The word's origin says nothing of trance, suggestion, loss of will or any of the number of other things we commonly associate with the modern usage.

Why? Without going into the details, let's just say that when people first started tinkering with trance and studying it as a natural process, rather than the mystical, magical "mesmerism" it was seen as before, sleep was the closest analog they had to describe what was going on.

And in many ways, it still is. There are more than a few familiar links between hypnosis and the sleep you experience every night. Both start with relaxation, getting just as comfortable as you can. Both naturally lead to your breathing changing, slowing down, going deeper. Both have several stages, level of depth. When you sleep, you can find yourself drifting off, experiencing a vivid dream, or simply knocked out and still. And a trance can be light, focused relaxation all the way to something so heavy and foggy that when it ends, you don't even remember the details.

Both hypnosis and sleep feel very good. The reason we crawl into bed every night is not just because of how uncomfortable we become the longer we go without rest, but because we remember just how good it feels to lay down, close our eyes, and just simply relax. Hypnosis can feel much the same way, with your body becoming pleasantly warm, tingling. Your mind can gradually become lightheaded, your thoughts slow down, and the whole experience can quickly become addictive.

But here is where the two diverge. Because when you fall asleep, you do so by focusing on absolutely nothing, so that your mind can simply go offline for a few hours. When you sink into a trance, your mind is still on, still thinking. More so than when you are wide awake, your mind is focused with an unusual intensity. It's all a matter of awareness.

The mind can be aware of many things at once. For an experienced driver, it's absolutely effortless to divide their awareness in several directions. Most of their focus goes into looking ahead at the road, planning for turns, passing other cars, reacting to any changes. More awareness is given to the operation of the car itself: how precisely to move the steering wheel, to press down on the gas and brake, to keep the speed within the limits and more. They can even let their awareness participate in a conversation with others in the car, or relax as they enjoy some music playing, enjoy the gum or drink they brought with them, and more. In short, the mind has a wide and deep pool of awareness that it can draw upon to multitask the wide variety of things we do all at once every day.

When you sleep, you slowly tune out that awareness. This starts with the awareness of your body. Your legs feel relaxed and good, and send a steady stream of this feeling to your mind. After a little bit, you tune this out, and then slowly the rest of your body follows along. You close your eyes, see nothing, and tune out your awareness of your sight, because it's all the same, unchanging darkness. You listen to the sounds of your room, and when they are quiet or at least steady, like the sound of rain on your window, you tune out of this as well. One by one, you tune everything out, until you're alone with your thoughts, and soon, every single night, those tune out as well, you lose all of your awareness, and you fall asleep.

The difference with hypnosis, with trance, is that even though you are tuning things out in the same way, you aren't losing focus. You are increasing it. You stop thinking, lose awareness of everything else, and you use all of those freed up resources to focus on just one thing and one thing alone. This is what happens when you are engrossed in a book, movie, or game, and the same when you become so lost in your thoughts, your daydreaming, that you simply lose awareness of what is around you.

But something unusual happens with hypnosis. Your focus grows stronger and stronger. You lose more and more awareness of everything else as all of your mind tunes into just one thing. In this case, right now, that one thing will be my words. So let's tune things out even more.

You are getting very, very sleepy. Your body is already so very relaxed, but now you can let it relax even more. Start with your feet. Just make yourself aware of them. Make sure they are comfortable and relaxed. When you are sure that they are very relaxed, take a deep breath, and move up your body, repeating the process over and over, as you make sure your body is relaxed and comfortable, pleasant feeling, and you can let your awareness of each part fade into that gentle warm hum in the back of your mind.

Imagine yourself standing in a stream. You stand on flat, smooth stones that feel nice and cool against the soles of your feet, while the water--which is as warm as your covers of your bed in the morning--is still only knee deep. The water is not still though. It flows steadily downstream. And though the stream is shallow, it is wide, an unusual combination unlike what you normally see. Very wide, so that even though you can feel the water pushing in one direction, you can't see the shore, which is hidden by a light fog that grows more and more dense the further out you peer.

The stream is a symbol for your consciousness, your awareness. On a normal day, the water would be barely at your ankle, as you need to divide your attention on so many things. But now, as you relax and let go of everything but my words and the images I put into your mind, the stream is starting to narrow, your focus slowly building. The more you focus on my words, the more the stream will narrow, the higher the water will rise, and the stronger the current pushing at you will be.

The push of the current is a symbol for the influence I have, the level of suggestibility you have. The water feels warm and soft against your skin, and you can feel the way it saps the energy from your body, slowly making you melt as though you were settling into a hot bath. You might find yourself wanting to bend down, run your fingers through the water. Or maybe let yourself sit in the stream with your knees up, back to the current, letting the water flow around you. You might even be thinking of laying down, just wanting to let the water carry you gently along, just let my words carry you gently along into a gentle sleep.

And as you think of what you want to do, as you imagine it, you relax. As you relax, your awareness of everything else but this image and my words begins to fade, the more you focus on my words, and the more narrow the stream becomes. As the stream will narrow, the warm water will slowly rise.

That's okay. It feels good. The water flowing against your skin seems to draw everything away from your body. Weariness, anxiety, nervousness...everything is slowly pulled away as you relax into the water.

Soon, as the water continues to rise, you will find yourself begin to float along it rather than stand, being pulled along by the current. And even though now you might be able to slowly walk up stream or towards the shore, very soon you will simply be carried along by the current, by my words.

You will imagine what I tell you to imagine. You will think what I tell you to think. You will do what I tell you to do. And whatever I tell you, will be true. Not because I am honest, but because the power of this current lets me make it true for you.

So feel how relaxed your body is, how relaxed you feel, body and mind, and how easy it is to just imagine that warm water carrying you on, letting it guide you to your destination, just drifting along the stream.

And we will do something interesting. Something powerful. You can imagine the water slowly draining the strength from your legs, making them grow weaker and weaker. But now I want you to feel your legs truly growing weaker, losing their strength. Feel me taking the strength from your legs, sealing it away, for just a little bit.

With no strength, you can manage to wiggle your toes, move your feet. But you won't be able to stand. It is a simple hypnotic suggestion, but your focus, your inability to swim against the current, is making it true. You can feel it. You know it. And the more you will try to stand, the more true it becomes. And when you realize that you cannot stand, you will know even more deeply inside how much power these words have over you.

So now, as the water rises, as you begin to drift along, I want you to think back to before. Hypnosis is to be put to sleep, put into a trance. And even though you feel so good now, you can still go deeper. Always, you can go deeper.

So after you wake up from this trance, here is what I want you to do. First, try to stand up. With as much effort as you can, try to stand up. And then, when you are satisfied that you are stuck, that I control your legs, you will have two choices.

First, you may choose to stop. All you need to do is say, in a soft voice or a whisper, "I want to stop". And the moment those words leave your lips, the strength will flow back into your legs, the suggestions will end, and you will be no worse for wear, just very relaxed.

Second though...your second option is to go deeper, to feel even better. If you want to continue, say "I want to go deeper" in your whisper. You will begin reading these words once more, starting up at the very top of the page. The words will be even more powerful, take you even deeper than before.

Two words in particular will carry more weight, more power than before. Your eyes will lock onto them, then feel their power work its way over you.

The first of these words is "sleep". When you read this word on this page, you will stop, close your eyes, then count the next three breaths you take in. Every breath will make you start to sink deeper, make you go into a deeper trance, so that when you open your eyes, the words will have even more power over you. This constant relaxation trains you, making you more suggestible to my words, and makes the trance itself feel better and better every single time you read.

The second of these words is "stream". When you read this word, the image of the water, the sight and feel and the sound of it flowing, will become that much stronger in your mind. And you will feel the control over you intensify. You will feel yourself become aroused at the word, and begin to long for something, long to be controlled, ache to submit.

But just as I can control your legs, I can control your arousal. I can control your orgasm. You will feel yourself continue to get more and more aroused each time you see the word stream, but you will not touch yourself, will not be able to orgasm.

And then, when you finish reading once more, for the second or third or as many times as you end up coming back to these words, you will again have two choices. You may again say the words "I want to stop" and the suggestions will end. You will feel all of that arousal that has been building up fade from your body, gone like you were dunked into ice water, and the strength will return to your legs.

Or, you may show me a sign of your submission, of your need to be controlled, of your desperate arousal. Touching yourself, you will beg to me in a whisper. You will call yourself a slut who needs permission to cum. You will promise that you will be a good girl for me.

And then, just as soon as you do, you will feel the stream of arousal intensify, double, and then continue to build and build. You will feel it consume you, make you more desperate than an animal in heat, and you will be driven, forced into a powerful, powerful orgasm, one that hits you so much stronger than you could ever manage on your own, that leaves you wiped and exhausted, squirming and happy and grateful. And just as soon as you cum, even if you won't have the strength to stand just yet, your legs will be yours once more.

Whichever you choose, you will always be free to come back to these words, back to this pleasurable, enjoyable trance, however many times you want, only ever going as far as you want.

Now, as we count to five, let yourself begin to rouse, becoming completely awake on the count of five.

One

Two

The water is spreading out

Three

Four

Becoming aware of everything once more, of the lack of strength in your legs

Five

And awake.

Now...which will you choose?