Zoe Ch. 03

Story Info
Things become a little icy.
2.4k words
4.62
6.4k
7

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/18/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After five months by Zoe's count, she felt deeply depressed. She loved being with Azriel but she missed a lot of other things she used to do; like go outside, using a computer, having some alone time. Being around Azriel so much was too much she needed some space.

"Azriel." She said one day after diner during their nightly talks. "I need some more space." She said bluntly but looked at him gently. "Alright." He said nodding.

"Alright?" Zoe asked looking at him carefully. He laughed lightly. "Zoe I cannot expect you to want to be around me all of the time. Everyone needs some me time. I am glad you enjoy my company, but if you want to spend the day doing something else just tell me. Anything you want?"

"A computer connected to the internet I kind of miss the world."

"That can be arranged, I really should have thought of that before. What else?"

"I want to go outside." Azriel bit his lips on this one.

"That one may be hard to do. You see I am not the only demon, and you are protected from other demons that are not so nice by being in this house. You will have to give me time, and I will see what I can do. Is that okay?"

"Well I guess I can live with the computer for awhile." She said with a grin. "I'll wait to be able to go outside." She then got up and kissed him soundly."Thank you" She said resting her head on his. "Azriel...I..." She had wanted to tell him she loved him but the words would not form.

Zoe bit her bottom lip in frustration, and then sighed. "I am going to go to bed." She left without waiting for his response.

Azriel sighed in disappointment, he knew she wanted to tell him something else, but could not; the frustration was painted on her face. In time he hoped she would tell him.

*****

Fall turned to winter, and true to his word, Azriel gave Zoe a computer with a few games, that was connected to the internet. Zoe was not allowed to tell people where she was, not that they would have believed her anyway, but beyond that she was welcome to do anything she desired.

It was a clear day when Azriel led a blindfolded Zoe through the hallways. "Are we almost there?" Zoe asked with excited, and an impatient voice. "Yes." He said stopping, and pulling her close as he ripped away the blindfold.

Zoe blinked a few times trying to make her eyes adjust faster, when they did they widened. Before her was a sliding glass door, and just outside of it was a large dome of glass letting in the rays of the sun. Inside the dome was a large garden covered in snow.

"It's beautiful." She exclaimed breathlessly.

"It's all yours." He replied smiling down at her. "It's magical so that whatever the season is on Earth, it will be reflected here and in the Spring you will see hundreds of flowers bloom, and there is even a small pond."

"This is amazing!" She said turned in his arms and throwing her arm around him tightly "Thank you." Azriel smiled and put his arms around her. "Anything for you my dear."

They stayed that way until Zoe picked up her head and looked at the snow. Azriel smiled, letting her got to open a small door next to them and pulled out a dark navy blue winter jacket. "Mittens and hat are in the pockets." Zoe let out a squeak of joy, and quickly donned the jacket, with the hat and mitten, then opened the door in one move running out into the virgin snow.

Azriel laughed loudly following her closing the door behind him. As soon as the door clicked close, a wet slushy snowball hit him in the head. His blue eyes darted to Zoe who was holding in a laugh.

Azriel growled playfully, and started to scoop up snow, when another snowball hit him, this time Zoe did not hold back her laugh. "Laugh now little girl." He growled with a smile as he compiled a snowball together.

Zoe let out a yip and ran into the garden, weaving through the various statues and evergreen bushes. Azriel gave her a few seconds then went after her.

Zoe ran hard knowing he could follow her trail. She looked over her shoulder, she did not see him so she stopped running, putting her hands on her knees to catch her breath. Then she fell.

Azriel followed her tracks with ease. A small smile on his face, but all traces of his smile vanished when he saw the tracks stop in the middle of the pond.

Zoe did not hear the ice break, but she did feel the ice cold water swallow her up. Then darkness took her.

Azriel did not waste a moment when he saw the broken ice. He dove into the water its coldness not bothering him. His keen eyes spotted Zoe quickly, he swam to her, gripping her tightly he pulled her to the surface. Cold air hit his face, as he swam to shore, his arm tightly around Zoe.

He pulled her cold, body onto the shore, and instantly saw she was not breathing. He cleared her airways, and started CPR. "Come on Zoe." He said in a frantic voice as his pumped his hands against her chest. Finally Zoe gave out a rough cough, as she gasped for air.

Zoe opened her eyes and saw blurs of shapes. Then they closed as her body shivered violently. Azriel picked her up in her arms, and quickly took her to her room. He knew she he had to get her warm.

He started to strip off her wet clothes. As he pulled off her shirt, he stopped for a moment as his eyes fell on angry scars across her stomach. He growled in anger and vowed to seek penance on whoever touched his mate in such a way. He peeled away the rest of her clothes and her set her under the covers. Then he quickly stripped his own clothes, and slipped in next to her. As he shared his body heat with her, unanswered questions flowed through his mind.

*****

Zoe woke with a groan. Every muscle in her body hurt, her lungs burned, and her throat was raw.

The only thing that felt good was the warmth that surrounded her, and the soft blankets caressing her skin. It was in this instance that she realized she was naked, and gripped that blanket tightly to her.

A loud groan next to her made her turn, and squeak at the same time. Azriel rubbed his eyes and turned toward her making the blanket slip showing off his well toned chest.

"Zoe." He said in almost a whisper. He could see the embarrassment in her eyes, and did not wish to push her in anyway. "How do you feel?"

"Sore" She answered in a hoarse voice. Azriel nodded, reached over, grabbed a cup of water sitting on the night stand and handed it to her. Zoe took it with a soft smile, and swallowed it slowly letting it sooth her raw, sore throat. She handed him the empty glass and took a few deep breaths enjoying the cool fresh air entering her lungs.

Azriel let her be for a moment, and then pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear. "I take it you saw." She said softly pulling the covers further up, until they touched her chin. "Yes." He whispered softly. "Zoe who did that to you?"

Zoe bit her lip lightly, "My step-father." Azriel growled deeply, and put his arm around her. Zoe began to cry softly.

"How? I was always watching you."

"Only in the town..." She whispered softly reminding him what he had told her. "We used to go to my grandparent's farm for the summer. He took me to the barn one night, and whipped me until I was bloodied. He kept saying 'He can't save you now can he?' I thought he found the stories I used to write. I never hid that fact he was the villain, I thought he was talking about the hero." She looked up at him with red rimmed eyes, and tears flowing down her cheeks. "Now I know he meant you."

"When did this happen?" He asked trying to hold his anger in.

"The year my stuffed animals disappeared..."

"He wanted to punish me for reprimanding him, by hurting you. That was a bad idea. Do not worry I will make sure he pays." He said softly kissing the top of her head. "I can also get rid of the scares if you wish."

Zoe gave him an angry look and turned away from him. "It is because they make me ugly."

Azriel growled and turned her towards him gently. "Zoe I will never think you are ugly. I do not love you because you are beautiful, I love you for you. I want to do this for you. To heal you completely and make you whole."

Zoe hugged him tightly. "I am so sorry Azriel I am so used to pushing people away, I know you care for me, and these past few months have taught me that it is alright to let someone in." Azriel clung to her tightly. "It's alright Zoe, please let me help you."

Zoe nodded and whispered, "Yes, I would like that."

"Alright, but I will have to use a lot of power, and it may hurt, I have never done this, so I do not know the outcome."

"Azriel before we start, I want to tell you something, that I have wanted to tell you for awhile but never had the courage to. I love you." Azriel gave her a loving smile and kissed her lips softly. "I love you as well. Now I am going touch your stomach. Hold onto me as tight as you want." Zoe nodded as he placed his hand on her stomach. "Close your eyes."

Azriel waited until her eyes closed before letting his eyes grow dark and his demon loose. His power flowed out of his hand into her her stomach over her scars. He could feel the scars fading underneath his fingertips as he poured his magic into her. He closed his eyes and concentrated on keeping the demon at bay as he worked.

Zoe felt a warmth rise through her like a wave, and made her shake with pleasure. She listened to Azriel's breathing for a moment than opened her eyes. He had his eyes closed and his jaw was tense, like he was in pain.

She touched his face lightly and whispered. "Azriel..."

He let out a soft growl, his demon was so close to the surface "Zoe, please stop, I do not know if I can control myself." She wanted to stop like he asked but her body would not listen as it arched against his, wanting to feel more. Azriel pushed her gently back into the bed, but he kept his eyes closed. "Zoe please," he pleaded softly.

Zoe let out a groan and whimpered as desire rose in her body. "I'm sorry Azriel, but I cannot control myself, I am trying to, it is so hard."

"My powers must have made your lust increase. I cannot help you this time; I do not want to hurt you Zoe." His voice full of sadness.

Zoe turned his face toward her, "Open your eyes Azriel." Azriel shook his head. "I do not want to scare you" Zoe kissed him softly on the lips. "You could never scare me Azriel. Please open your eyes for me." Azriel breathed and opened his eyes. Zoe gasped on how dark his eyes were, how inhuman they seemed. She knew he was a demon but this was the first time she had seen proof of it. She could see how vulnerable he seemed in that moment, and it made her feel as if he had let her in a little and it touched her deeply. She leaned up and captured his mouth with hers.

Azriel was unsure on what she was going to do, he expected her to scream, or run away. He did not expect her to kiss him. The kiss was soft and warm, melting his body into hers.

Zoe broke the kiss gently and put her forehead on his. "Azriel if we are going to live together for the rest of my life, I am going to see the other side of you. You are going to have to trust me not to run away and I have to trust you not to hurt me." Zoe arched her body into his once more. "I need you Azriel."

"I do not want to take advantage of you Zoe." Zoe moaned lightly grinding her body against his.

Azriel gripped the sheets and pushed himself away from her; it was the hardest thing he ever had to do. Zoe sighed and wrapped her arms around him from behind. "I am sorry Azriel; I do not mean to push you. I will try to control myself." They stayed there for a few minutes before Zoe kissed his cheek and whispered. "I am going to put some clothes on." Azriel gave her an apologetic smile.

"Stay in bed, I will get you something." He moved from the bed, and Zoe quickly looked down at the bed, remembering that he was naked. She pulled the covers close to her, her shyness returning. She didn't move until Azriel touched her shoulder and handed her some sweats and underwear. He had put on a pair of sweatpants wanting to make her more comfortable. She gave him a soft smile.

"Why don't you get dressed and I will bring you something to eat." He kissed her after she gave him a small nod then left the room. She waited until the door was closed before slipping out of the covers. Her fingers went to where her scars used to be, feeling the smooth skin. She breathed in deeply, and she closed her eyes, letting a new emotion fill her. She did love Azriel, she had for some time, and she only now realized it.

She dressed slowly as she let her thoughts consume her. She had just climbed back into the bed when Azriel came back in. He smiled at her and put a bowl of soup on a tray in front of her. They then sat there talking softly as she ate, just enjoying the simplicity of their love.

"Just a little more..." Whispered the darkness.