• Authors
  • Vixen Wilde

Vixen Wilde

You want to know more? Who am I? Well, to quote Shrek talking to Donkey, "I am an onion. See? I have many layers." And about as boring as an onion too. Many of them all so similar in a netted bag at your grocery store.

I've done a lot though in my 42 years. I was born in a suburb of Chicago, in 1963. Then I left home at 18 and married an SP in the USAF. We've long since divorced. But it gave me the opportunity to live for nearly 4 years in the Philippines, the same amount of time in England.(My favorite place in the whole world.) I've been to Majorca and bathed topless there. I have been to every state in the USA except Washington, Oregon and Hawaii. Yes, I've been to Alaska twice! I love it up there!

I've done a lot of different jobs too from moving all over the world. I've been a waitress, a bar keep, a cook, a fire safety manager for a power company in Maryland. I've worked in a small family owned ceramic factory, worked in a stable (so I could get my English riding lessons for free!). I've sold Kirby vacumes, ran a telemarketing company from the ground up, worked for Hertz as a night time asst. manager, been a CNA. Worked for Microsoft as a software tech. engineer and for DHL. So... theres a pretty deep well there for me to draw from!

I've been married twice, and learned my lesson. I am not good 'mate' material, just getting out of a 6 year relationship has taught me that. Never again will I get involved where it leads to marriage or having someone move in with you. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt to prove it and even gave the sucker away! I have 3 kids from 21 down to 4 and one due the end of January. Yes I love kids a lot and all my pets! But there are times when I want to write just to shut the voices up in my head and just have not been able to anywhere as much as I want to. I've also had to learn how to write in the midst of chaos and I can do that pretty well. Selective hearing has become a treasured asset to me!

I now live in North Dakota and have pretty much the whole time since 1990. I am trying to make it as a writer. I am currently working on two novels under two different pen names, two very different genres! I have published some poetry and sold one short story privately giving up full rights to it.

Why did I say I was as boring as an onion? Well, onions look pretty plain on the outside but they pack a powerful punch, they can even bring you to tears! I am boring because all I like to do is hang out at my computer writing. I am not into social life, going out, gossiping, shopping or anything that results in a lot of contact with people. I could turn into a hermit if it wasn't for my girlfriends who have to occasionally come over, use a pry bar and extricate me from my solitude. I do adore my friends. They keep me from growing roots too deep, especially one of them who has no roots at all! So together we make an incredible balance. I ground her and she teaches me to soar!

I write from a couple genres. Celtic myth retellings, fantasy (one short story published), poetry (a few published), and I am currently working on two novels, one for NaNoWriMo (to kill off my internal editor who is a story killer!), and an erotic romance novel. Both are near finished.

Did I mention I love to write? A few of my friends do as well and I've just started an online e-zine for us. It's purpose is two-fold, to encourage one another and to gain exposure. I just found this site so I will be passing the word on to my friends as well!

Location

North Dakota

Author Stats

18 Years AgoMember Since
A Long Time AgoUpdated
1Followers
2My Comments

More About Me

Pets

Dog(s), Cat(s), Bird(s)

Fetishes

BDSM, D/s, Pain, Anything Wild And Over The Top!

Find Me Online

Contact Author

Contact Vixen Wilde by clicking here.