• Authors
  • DeVia

DeVia

My mother was an elvish maid named Merryweather of the Court of Perfumes in Ravens Bluff. She died of complications in childbirth while bearing me and my sister, Raven. Any real clue to who our father might be died with her. Due to both of our obvious human characteristics we can assume he was no elf.

Shunned by the elvin community and ignored by humans, we were taken in by Wanna Knother of the small Dorry Street Orphanage and raised together as sisters. Different as night and day, we both followed separate paths, even choosing different surnames upon leaving the orphanage.

My appellation of Dirkdancer was originally given to me by several fellow orphans following my first home performance Ekoj Atton's "Serina's Dance of the Dagger." Part of Atton's larger ballet "Court of Thieves," I was introduced to this choreography by a priest of the temple of Tymora as appreciative payment for locating a lost cat.

Many citizens of the fair city may remember me as the street dancer who never performed for coin. Instead, I preferred to rely on her adventurous spirit for income. I eventually applied for an investigative post with the City Watch, but I was turned down on the grounds that I often became too distracting to fellow Watch members.

I still remember Ravens Bluff fondly, before it fell to evil wizards. I am living proof that some of us did escape before the entire city was destroyed.

I spent quite some time after that exploring the dimensional portals of Juxta until I found a perfect plot of land on a plane called Oerth. Now I have my own tower and a small travelers inn just beyond the Druid

Location

Greyhawk

Author Stats

17 Years AgoMember Since
A Long Time AgoUpdated
1Followers
1Series Published

Find Me Online

Contact Author

Contact DeVia by clicking here.