All Comments on 'A Circumstantial Case'

by jake60

Sort by:
  • 356 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
By far the best story by a very good writer

The story kept me rivited to the screen, there was a lot of thought and planning in this story and the court room detail was very well done. I thought the story came across as very realistic in most ways as I have 8 years in my past working for a major city's police departmen.Circumstantial cases such as this one are actually fairly common.

The Blake Moore character is a summation of a lot of self-centered, self important,

dicks that we have all run into from time to time. His propensity to sexually conquer women who are committed to others shows it really is not the sex but the power of dominance which is jut a shade better than rape. Personally I have nothing but contempt and disgust with those types of ass holes.

The wife who was complicit in the adultery and because she continued with it for over 4 months also very eager, alibies herself by saying Blake came on to her for months and finally he wore her down. Curious way to describe the beginnings of an extramarital affair where not force or coericion of any kind was applied. Since all of us have immutable core values and one of those values is almost always to be sexually faithful to our parnters, how exactly does a core value get "wore down". There is no dobut in my mind that at the end of the story Mark simply dumps his lieing, cheating,

adutlerous wife forever, I would to under those circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

the only category where ull find such long and detailed comments..i consider myself blessed to be a part of this..amazing story!

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
great story

Another cheating wife bites the dust with a vengeful husband's twisted wrath exacting his revenge for his misery in her blatant betrayal if her marriage, herself and him. Cheaters always think they can outmaneuver their spouse and they can maintain their rendezvous in stealth. Obviously, not all crimes are solved and not all cheating is detected. There are no set numbers in data collection that determine the number of times one can cheat undetected. The sensitivity and closeness in a loving relationship will usually will pickup on something. New words changed expressions change in habits... there are countless patterns we establish with our spouses that may change in the very slightest to trigger a need for a closer look. The closer look into a cheater can lead to their ultimate discovery and destruction of the entity of their loving bond. Cheaters usually don't plan on this aspect of their follies and end of as shocked as they faithful counterpart. The story is extreme but the core points are relevant. Plausibility is a deep concern but it doesn't distract totally due to the strength of the core issues. Best friend wife and total betrayal ... the author was crafty in laying out with great care the detailed description as they unfolded scene by scene in a totally emotionally charged drama. Did the punishment fit the crime ..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Awesome

Original, well-developed plot (even if unlikely in a couple of spots). Overall, a carefully created revenge delivery device.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 11 years ago
Too bad about the both of them.

Blake deserved even worse punishment, his slut wife got about what she deserved. Yes, I realize it is just a story, an excellent story.

DumbandCluelessDumbandCluelessabout 11 years ago
Top rate story

An excellent story, very well written.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago

He should have left them to rot. To hell with the Asshole and Slut! They deserved what they got, but he had to go and let them off the hook at the end.

I would have given it 5, except for the mercy to Asshole especially at the end.

4 Solid Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Too much revenge, not enough understanding

Betrayal is a horrendous thing to do to a loving spouse. She gave in to temptation and the seduction of an affair. Loving someone does not mean that you no longer find other people attractive, so temptation can arise. Acting on that temptation is where she sinned.

Losing Mark was the PROPORTIONATE consequence to her betrayal because she did love him (the author's take). But Lisa did not deserve the hell Mark put her through. Given her sincere devastation in losing Mark, kicking her when she was down with prison, loss of friends and the agony her parents went through was a grossly disproportionate punishment.

Blake certainly got what he had coming. He was the instigator. He was the one who coveted his trusting friend's wife. Then again, Blake burned Mark once, shame on him but when Blake burned Mark again, shame on Mark. If someone will betray you once, what basis is there for renewed trust?

Finally, there's Mark who went from a completely 'loving' husband to a vicious, vengeful man who wanted to murder the woman he had supposedly loved with his whole heart. Sorry folks, love doesn't work that way. Anger and rage, sure. Heartbroken, sure. Unable to trust again, sure. A desire to see the scales fully balanced, sure.

But a loving man does not want to destroy the one that he loved.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
I have one quibble with this story

It is excellent a 5 star effort but would any of you stay best friends with a guy who made a play for your girl behind your back. Especially a guy who is a known lothario?

I wouldn't but maybe that's just me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
And what cost?

for a month or two of illicit fucks? I agree that not enough time was spent at getting behind Lisa's thoughts towards the affair. The fact that she still held out some hope towards reconciliation (until after getting the personal letter addressed to her), I guess is to show how out of touch with reality she had become, but for me it doesn't amount to remorse for the initial cheating. Her last statement to Blake said more ("We deserved it etc."). It was never explained just what had gone wrong after only six years of marriage? Was Blake really just a predator, and Lisa was weak? So, the courtroom, and police detective aspects of this story dominated, while the true nature of these relationships was glossed over. I think the BEST thing you did, was show through testimony, that the way the original investigation was handled, was lacking. Yet, somehow, the lawyer didn't try to pursue that in appeal. I think the WORST part of the story is the idea that after confessing to the frame-up, Mark and new "wifey", are going to be able to remain anonymous. How can you send 100% untraceable mail in this day and age? It is enough to ease his guilt to get them released, but NOT to take full responsibility for his criminal actions in the case, as well as financial liability? A deathbed confession would have worked better if he remained in his deathbed. The new "wifey" could have plausible deniability to keep her removed from accountability. But with the way you wrote it, now she is an accomplice. I enjoyed it, although it was telegraphed very early on that they were framed by hubby. It was only the "how did he pull it off?" that kept me reading. Still in all, a good story. I can't say great, but far and above better then most of the simplistic revenge plots available to this LW category. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
magnificent

Best story i read on this website until now

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
yukk

im not one thats for cheaters winning., but come on they were idiots for accepting only 50k they would of got millions by suing the state, also in real life the fbi and the marshals service would of been pressed into finding mark, and they would of.

his new "wife" gave to much away the fact she owned a tec company and the fact she was giving birth to twins ect would of lead them to mark.

all in all a weak effort imho.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Wow

One of the most thought out and well written tales I've ever read. Ultimate revenge against the cheating assholes. Falling in love and heart problems softened the husband's view but by then the cheaters were ruined for life. And a happy ending for our now happy and in love formerly Mark now known as unsub. New love and the arrival of twins will soften your hatred. Excellent tale.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
business as usual?

For those of the commentators who wanted Lisa & Blake to sue the State for millions, you do understand that is your taxes that would be used for compensating a pair of confessed adulterers" And the jurisdiction you are suing basically has to agree that the State's errors were so egregious that they will then give you permission to sue the State or whoever?

For what even their defense attorney had to agree was a legitimate conviction based on the evidence presented to the jury. Otherwise he would have filed an appeal.

Maybe, after years of civil court trials, appeals and counter-appeals at great expense to the taxpayers, maybe a sympathetic jury could be found to award the two a large sum. But when you subtract the attorney fees and charges, then divide the remainder by their years in prison and the years struggling through the court system, I doubt if either of them would consider it worth the effort.

As for investigators searching out Mark.. If I had written that note, it would include an entire basket of red-herrings for the investigators to waste countless {expensive} hours vainly chasing down. If the State was really serious about going after Mark, they would simply offer a large reward and a website with photo's and home movies of the wanted man. An inexpensive way to encourage someone he now associates with to roll over on him.

As for believing that Mark could switch so quickly from meek & mild loving husband to wrathful, vengeance driven diabolical mastermind. Our prisons are full of men who viciously harmed or murdered the women and children in their lives. I have always voiced the suspicion that a number of the commentators to this site are spewing their hatred of women from their prison cells and half-way houses.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
WHY?

she became the enemy, why show weakness? there can be no remorse without regret, she had no regret, to often the weakness of man is mercy without just cause.

love the story, but once again i ask did she deserve it? Christianity and the forgiveness value at any cost breeds contempt for justice, honor, respect and real marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a bit

too far fetched

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What a story

The twists and turns of this story were great. You did a good job of keeping it connected without giving it totally away. There was, of course, always the thread that Mark had done all this but you had to wonder how he was going to finish it.

Nicely done.

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Great Story Telling ****

Thanks for sharing.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
He should have waited longer

Until the statute of limitations on framing the cheaters ran out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
ok

This tale was well written but very unrealistic.

Kudos to the author for allowing anon comments.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
HOW CAN ANYONE STATE THE SYSTEM WORKS

when innocent people are convicted, that's like saying the operation was successful , however the patient died, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I wouldn't have set them free... But I'm a dick like that.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 10 years ago
This is my second read of this story, i made a short comment and will give another.

Blake was a fool, a rapscallion and not a friend, ever. Mark let him slide once, he should have learned. Blake was a player and deserved all the time in prison that he got. All of those that have criticized and picked at this story need to get a grip. It is a work of fiction, as such it is quite entertaining. I doubt the writer is a lawyer, he is allowed to make slight errors without being drawn and quartered. I might have made suggestions, too, as I also think I know everything as a lot of you seem to. Instead I chose to enjoy this story, as written. I will say this, back in my playing days I never tried to break up a truly happy marriage, there are too many other women out there without deliberately hurting people. Call me soft, I would just rather be human.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
well

His friend didnt pay nearly enough. His wife, I am unsure if she had enough or not. How could she have done that and claim to love her husband? when very clearly, she did not. Having an affair is bad, with his childhood best friend is vastly worse. No, she choose to destroy her marriage. His friend choose to destroy the husband.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
I would have let them rot in prison

I would have let them rot in prison for the rest of their miserable lives!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Facing Reality

I took the story this way:

He got exactly the revenge he set out to get, they were thoroughly disgraced, destroyed and sentenced - no argument there. Then, some years later with his new ID, meets new girl, falls in love, new family started, (perhaps) has medical problems, sees his own mortality (though this could be just a story to create false leads to cover his trail); but... somewhere along the way he has realised that he cannot start a new life while dragging hate behind him... so, a concoction to let them go and release his own hatred and turns to the love and shelter of a new wife and family. But he did get them good - didn't he?

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Okay but...

If he ever has a run in with the law and gets finder printed he is fucked. Why risk it? Why feel guilt? They didn't feel guilt about him, they kept right on fucking. Also, he was taking care of a woman and her son and about to have two more kids with her. What about them? What happens to them if he is caught and prosecuted? Yup, he should have kept his mouth shut. He made a decision and he should have seen it through. They in effect sentenced him to death by their actions. A well known result of adultery is murder-suicide. If you doubt me, google it! You are playing with peoples lives when you destroy their marriage, their primary support system in their lives. So, they really did get what they deserved. That is why adultery is traditionally punishable by death - it causes the victims to suffer, often to the point of death. 5*!

zampazampaover 9 years ago
They should have served their entire sentencest

They got off too easily, and should have been left to serve their entire sentences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Legal trivia

I am sure that the Bbf crowd doesn't care about legal niceties but there are at least two glaring legal issues apparent in the story. First, no lawyer could ethically have represented both the wife and her lover particularly when the conflict of interest between the two became apparent. Second,no competent trial attorney would have allowed her to take the stand in a circumstantial evidence case.

Benedict12Benedict12over 9 years ago
Personal Respnsibility

First of all let me be clear about one thing. I regard Jake60 as a gifted and skilled writer. All of his stories reflect genuine artistic talent. My concern lies rather with the moral implications of this story and the BBF genre overall. We have a protagonist/hero who discovers that his wife is cheating on him with his best friend. Well BOO HOO. He should get a divorce and walk away. If his personal feelings are so damaged that he requires more extreme revenge, then he should get a baseball bat and go beat the crap out of ex friend, burn his own house down so his wife will get nothing in the settlement but whatever he does he should man up and take personal responsibility for his own actions. Corrupting the legal system to frame two people of a crime they did not commit and condemning them to the horrors of prison is reprehensible conduct. His belated repentance when he fears he will die with the stain on his soul does not excuse him. The only person in this story who has committed a crime is the protagonist and he deserves to be hunted down and prosecuted. I know I am a voice crying in the wilderness on this but I remain disturbed by the idea that the punishment inflicted upon the adulterous couple was in any way proportional to their offence or that the husband deserves sympathy from the reader.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Reconciliation?!

How she could have even a FAINT hope for reconciliation is beyond me.

Even IF Mark was inclined to forgive her and take her back, the legal difficulties he would face if he came back make it impossible.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 9 years ago
Outstanding!

I had to keep reading until the end. No word usage mistakes.

As far as the technical aspects, as has been pointed out, there were certainly liberties taken, such as the one attorney defending both defendants. I had already figured out that Mark had staged the whole thing. But excellent story overall. Not much eroticism, except Lisa's account of waking up and initiating sex. 5 *'s.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Love?!

I've said this in prior comments, but I just can't comprehend these cheating wives who are all broken up by the loss of their husband.

They all cry about how much they "love" their husbands, etc.

Yet, despite all this supposed "love" they betray their husbands' love, often with thier husbands' "best friends"!

sinsational83sinsational83over 9 years ago
NICE JOB

First I want to say damn good job. Then I want to say, I have to agree whole heartedly with Karen E. What the hell is it that has a woman think that it's ok to screw around on a good guy and husband just to have an affair with someone else, it's a real mystery to e too. Personally I think that he should have left them in there for another 6 months they certainly, in my book, would have deserved it. Again damn good story. I have read this one particular story twice and still enjoyed reading it.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
beamused & bebaffled

It constantly amazes me the number of commentators who unleash venomous tirades of hysterically righteous fury upon...uhh, uhhmm, fictional characters?

Fictional characters invented by porn writers. Committing fictional acts generally intended to inflame the porn writer's audience. Upon other fictional characters as described by porn writers.

And that these fantasies some how devastate the real lives (no matter how pathetic the reality) of the readers.

To the point to cause infantile tirades of outraged fury demanding some viciously violent punishment of the (still fictional) characters?

Yes, yes. You know who you are and you well know you deserve public ridicule.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@sugna Re: His Risk

I don't think the risk is as high as you seem to think.

Even if he is ever involved with the system and his finger prints and/or blood are taken, he is in a totally different jurisdiction. It is unlikely for there to be any cause to do a match against any data bases that might turn up a match with Mark Evans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Actions speak louder than words.

Lisa might have loved her husband as a child loves his parents, or his pet dog. But she was too immature and selfish to forgo some cheating sex with a handsome man. There had to be some weakness in the marriage for such a shallow and risky thrill to lead her astray. But I understand it happens every day. In a way this story is a parable of all cheating stories. The cheaters pay, sooner or later, and for the rest of their lives. And though painful, the cheated on spouse emerges with the potential for a happier life, with a true lover. I know some cheaters appear to get away with their betrayal, and some cheated on spouses appear to suffer long after the divorce is final. I admit I rely on something akin to Karma to balance the pain and joy, sooner or later. In this story Mark improved his life and his future through a very painful process. But as all three of these character demonstrate, its where you finish that counts. I'd say Mark ended up pretty good. Lisa and Blake will pay for their sexual thrills for the rest of their lives. And maybe all three will be better people for the experience.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WITH THE OVERTURNING OF SO MANY CASES

the Circumstantial case is going the way of the DoDo and Buffalo. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
re: going the way of the DoDo and Buffalo

Okay, the Dodo is long gone, but there are many more Buffalo than there were a hundred years ago.

The sad truth is that there are even people in prison that have been proven to be innocent.

Once the legal system has a conviction they don't care, nor are they obligated to free the wrongfully convicted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Beautifully written and well-plotted story

Beautifully written and well-plotted story. Some of the best writing that I have read on Literotica. Quite suitable for publication as a crime story or police procedural independent of its erotic content.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
His best mate still got off too easy

He had too high a regard of himself, and no respect for others.

re: the blood, since his plan was in the works for some time, if he had drawn smaller amounts on a staggered pace, he could have accumulated a larger amount with less personal risk.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nice one.

A well-told, flat procedural with a decent ending.

Thank you

HP

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Second time through

brilliant tale. Five stars. One of my favorites. I can definitely understand why the hubby had the change of heart at the end. The bottom line is that they did pay, and severely. Being in prison for life would not have fit the crime.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago

Nice touch with the wife still pining away at the end. That's the sweetest revenge.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

If he was going to have himself killed, he’s arrange for the body to be found in a way to help incriminate them.

“He told me that he was almost physically sick, but decided that he shouldn't just jump to conclusions” – Jump to conclusions? You KNOW her car was at Blake’s and she LIED and said she was “shopping”. There is only ONE possible conclusion, and you don’t even have to jump to it, it whacks you upside the head!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
@fanfare Re: beamused & bebaffled

I’ve said this before in response to rants about comments about “fictional characters”.

The better writers create characters and situations that we believe in and care about

The day we stop our tirades, is the day the writer should probably stop submitting their stories!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Regarding Finding Mark

First, I would hope he's done SOMETHING to change his appearance - grow his hair and/or dye it, or shave it off; grow or shave facial hair.

Second, I would lay odds that his new wife did NOT fly to Seattle to send her package, though then again I suppose the courier company could track it back to where it was sent, so maybe she did.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
@Karen E

If Mark is a wanted man, his finger prints will be in the FBI national database. Not a chance I would take if I were him. Also, now they know he is alive and a fugitive from justice they have no choice but to go after him. The admissions in the letter that he has fled the state will get the FBI into it. What he should have done is to prepare a file to be delivered in case he died. Otherwise, he has to protect himself and his new family. As far as the two cheaters go, so what? Regardless of his wife's protestations of love, she didn't love him. Loving someone means that you care about them. If she didn't love him more than his best friends cock, she didn't love him much at all. It is not hard to turn down attractive people for sex when you really love your spouse. It is even easier if you are on track to building a great life together. They didn't have any reported marital problems. The fact that she cheated is proof that she is an unfit wife, would be a disaster as a mother, and better off locked up where she can't fuck up other people's lives.

computermadcomputermadalmost 9 years ago
Poor Counsel

Both attorneys were at fault here and in real life I wouldn't employ either. In the story neither completely questioned how the blood on Lisa's car pedals or shoes could have got there. Scenario 1 - blood transfer from site to shoes then to pedals would include dirt and debris and also blood splatter on the tops of the shoes.

Scenario 2 - blood transfer from pedal from shoes must have occurred at lover's house or afterwards as the tracking device did not show up in evidence that her car was driven to the 'murder site'. Blood could only dripped onto pedals which means that it was deliberately put there. All told a very plausible frame up with just enough errors for the police to find out the real facts if they were trying hard enough. Keep up the good work.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
One more thought...

the issue is not that he is risking being found out, he had a life transforming experience and needed to come clean. Being near death, finding the unconditional love of a woman, these are things that can lead you to confess your sins.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
"Love"

As others have said, professions of "love" from cheating spouses rings very hollow to me.

The ONLY responses to the seduction of a loving spouse are either a FIRM refusal or a slap across the face!

Being lonely due to the spouse's traveling, or great charm on the part of the seducer are NOT valid excuses for a "loving" spouse to cheat!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
One hope

They pooled their money, found Mark and killed him. Since they have already been convicted of his murder, they couldn't be tried for it again. Double indemnity and all those legal terms.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hhhmmmm

At Annon: its called double jeopardy ...

I don't think Blake and Lisa got what they deserves..

I wish Blake would have been beaten horribly in jail ..and turn him into a sex slave or something...or get rape every night after initially being subdued..

I wudh the protitutes during Lisa initial lockup would have taunt her..n hurt her ego... n they get Phydicslly n specially abuse in prison..

For me a WHORING WIFE AND A BACKSTABBING FRIEND DONT DESREVES TO LIVE...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Morality

Adultery- immoral. Planting false evidence much more immoral.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
@Anonymous 01/19/16

They COULD still be tried for his murder!

This would be a different crime, they wouldn't be tried twice for the same crime.

grabmyballsgrabmyballsabout 8 years ago
Very Clever

Thanks so much for this great story. I hope they all find some happiness.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 8 years ago
@anon 1/19/2016

As mentioned it would be double jeopardy not indemnity. Secondly, that wouldn't apply. Their convictions were set aside. Had they say been paroled or even released early then yes jeopardy has attached and they couldn't be tried. That being said, the two of them were still shits to do that to him. Mark was no saint either. However the two of them knew that there would be consequences if he found out, and burying their heads in the sand was just insane. One last item, every laser printer leaves a small code on every paper it prints on. This is usually only known to prosecutors and law enforcement. Especially the secret service, with this code they can trace the pages to a machine type and serial number, and with that to the owner ultimately. It is a true PITA to go that route but can be done.

Thanks again for the offering. Wonder what the in laws think of mark and Lisa after everything is said and done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I hate cheaters

Great story.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
@Seeker1107

I won't argue your point about the laser printer code, but most people these days use inkjet printers, and I didn't notice any reference to laser printers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Okay

This did not really reel me in as the blurb of the story wanted to. I have to commend the writer's approach to LW stories, specifically the cheating wife revenge ones. The plot points were well thought-of, writing it like a police procedural or court-room show or book. But the narrative and dialogue, well, seemed like the writer wanted it to be sharp and smart but it felt flat and corny and maybe even campy. Still, good effort though.

pcthronepcthronealmost 8 years ago
Shitty ending.

Nice story overall.But you ruined the ending.Mark should've carried his secret to his grave and let those fucking assholes to rot in jail.

You could've just completed the story when lisa & blake were found guilty bu jury and sentenced to prison.Last page was completely unnecessary

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Good story, I think justice worked for all 3 people. Mark got payback for what they did to him, but not life just enough to punish them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@Seeker1107 03/24/16

Only color printers embed the laser printer codes (and also color copiers). B&W printers don't. Color printers and copiers can do a decent job at counterfeiting currency and securities, B&W can't. You can find more information at eff.org, Electronic Frontier Foundation, but probably buried since there's a lot there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Long and complicated, but a good story.

Not sure why someone would continuing to be a friend with a guy that would screw a your girl friend.

slamdog1slamdog1over 7 years ago
Third time I've read it

Very well thought out story. A little iffy on the blood evidence but well researched and well written. 5*

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
Nicely thought out plot

It must be among the worst nightmares to be convicted of a crime you did not commit.... I just hope that detectives and forensic experts are better in real life than the ones in your story.

This is a pretty perfect revenge on a best friend and wife, and I think he did the right thing by getting them released. Carrying around hate and bitterness is not going to help him and he needed to move on.

Very entertaining ..... it had to end at some point but I was enjoying reading this so much I wanted more.

Easy 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well Done

Interesting plot concept. It is nice to read a story where the author has actually some experience with investigative and law enforcement. Additional sex wasn't necessary as the mystery was solid enough to hold ones attention. Good read. Thanks for sharing. BK

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

2nd time reading, great work

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No way

Hey they both screwed him over, I would have let them spend all they time in jail

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 7 years ago
One of the best stories I have ever found in Literotica.

The author was in full control of his subject from beginning to end and I greatly appreciate this fact. The substantial efforts of jake60 to provide us with such, undoubted, pleasure outweighs potential negative comments. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
no pity

A number of commenters are aghast that the two insidious betrayers were punished in such a devastating way. One comment stated a loving man could not do that to someone he loves. True...but then he didn't love her any more.

Being this is fiction I enjoyed the retribution except when it was ended.

Your live long best friend relentlessly pursues your wife because of jealousy and lust and the desire to humiliate you. Your wife takes up with the one person she knows will hurt you the most

Boo hoo that the wife lost her friends and reputation...she eagerly destroyed her husband's life.

Some rationalizations were written that marriage does not end temptations. It should otherwise vows are a fraud

No one who loves their spouse commits adultery. Sorry folks. If you truly love someone you would sacrifice your own life before intentionally destroying the one you claim to love. And for what in this case...just wanting to have sex with someone else.

If you feel sorry for either of the degenerate lovebirds, here is hoping you experience what the husband did.

Ocker51Ocker51about 7 years ago
Throw Away The Key

He should have left them both there to rot. Good Story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Fascinating

This story grabs the readers attention at the very beginning and holds it to the very end.

c24jc24jabout 7 years ago
Be interesting if they catch him

All those tax dollars and valuable police and court time . . . what if a several of real criminals got away while the police and attorneys were spending their time following the false leads on this murder. Sorry, I've worked for Emergency Medical Services and a Metropolitan Police Department, and have NO sympathy for those who would cause law enforcement to waste tremendous effort and expense on something like this. Fake calls were bad enough, but this is horrendous.

Yes, I know . . . Lisa and Blake especially treated him terribly . . . but real evil criminals may get away, and people who truly need help may suffer as a result of his vengeful actions. He meant to get Lisa and Blake, but he would have been hurting all in need of and those whose support law enforcement. They're inconsiderate betrayers . . . he's a criminal. He could have gotten his revenge by just divorcing her.

I hope they find Mark, and he ends up paying for his crimes with some prison time. Perhaps when he gets out, his new family will have moved on (though his new wife may feel stupid for helping betray his whereabouts . . . which, with good investigators, she probably did). Except wait . . . is he still married to Lisa? If he's not dead, was there ever a divorce? He's a bigamist. Tack on another year. If he's then no longer legally married to his 'new' wife . . . maybe after six years or so he'll decide Lisa wasn't such a scum bag after all (at least she didn't imprison him for 18 months, like he did her).

She and Blake may have signed away continued legal recourse against the State, but they can both file civil suits against Mark. Lisa probably wouldn't, but Blake might . . . Given Blake's losses, the amounts could get huge . . . but maybe, just maybe, Blake agrees not to sue him if he gets back with Lisa. It's the only way Blake could make things right.

Mark's 'new' not-really-wife would be in some trouble to. She's an accessory (she could have told the truth sooner, and she did not turn him in) and she's knows he technically was still married to someone else. Hope they didn't have any kids which might end up in foster care.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Far fetched

I kniw this is just fiction but a sense of reality is needed to keep us involved. The premise was just so far-fetched and the story dragged on about 4-5 pages longer than it needed. Mark should be arrested immediately - come on bro

potsherd22potsherd22about 7 years ago
Don't know about the USA...

,,,but I do know that in Scotland (over a hundred years ago admittedly) a man was arrested, charged, tried, convicted and hanged for a murder that never took place, and the alleged victim turned up some time later alive and well. Courts and juries can be fooled.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
Terrific who done it LW story!🔎

A unique story (7 pages) in the LW section. A murder mystery based in revenge. If you like a good crime thriller with police investigations, gathering of evidence, and court case that.....well I don't want to spoil it, but if your looking for something a little different, check it out. We'll written and fast paced. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Clearly shows the difference between the legal system and justice

This happens all to often. Evidence isn't always what it appears. Facts are often opinions. Juries are influenced as much by the presentation of a charismatic attorney as by the "circumstances".

squashmavensquashmavenalmost 7 years ago
Very good story.

I enjoyed the story; certainly couldn't go away until I had finished. The only flaw that nagged at me while I read what that I was aware that the defense attorney didn't make a point of the obvious fact that the cuckolded husband could have somehow used sufficient of his blood (maybe refrigerated) to fake the murder scene. So there was great doubt that a murder had been committed. The author could have argued in court, too, that anyone could have stolen his shovels in order to set him up. Even so, very good story. Very imaginative and with good character development.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
good plot

you missed one very important thing. At least when the two were taken in for questioning, they should have had their Miranda rights read to them, even if not under arrest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow, what great story....I loved it

The author did a very good job on this story.

This story is full of creativity, great context and well written.

Congrats to the author and please keep writing more and more stories like that.

Lovely,

KP

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago

If you need to defend the use of 'maroon' then it would probably be better to just leave it out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Mark Only Made One Mistake

He stole a gun from his next door neighbor. Other than that I fail to see what all the complaining is about. Even his phone call to 911 only provided facts about the "crime" scene. He never lied to a police officer because he never spoke to them. There was nothing illegal about what he sent to his lawyer. He did not accuse his wife or "friend" of doing anything. I don't see where the state has any complaint against Mark for anything. The widow next door would likely have no way to identify the gun Mark took from her late husband's toolbox. He should never have admitted from where he acquired the gun. Almost forgot, he also committed petty theft of two shovels and maybe littering in the park.

The sole responsibility for expenditure of state funds sits on the shoulders of the DA and investigators who came to the wrong conclusions about what they assumed to be evidence of a crime.

This story was very well thought out and extremely well told.

As for the comment that Mark was not divorced and was committing bigamy, that doesn't hold any water at all. He did not state that he was married to his new companion. Add to that, once his wife found out that he is still alive, she will divorce him so she can move on in her own life. I love when a well thought out plan comes together. Thank you for one of the best stories on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
enjoyed well written story except

When they were set free after only 18 months.

Such and insidious betrayal deserves more punishment!

Especially for Blake!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Circumstantial Evidence

People always say "just" circumstantial evidence like it's flimsy, when it's actually some of the best evidence! A murder weapon with my fingerprints is found at the scene of the crime. I have gunshot residue on me. My shoe prints are on the floor. That's all circumstantial evidence, but it's pretty conclusive that I did the crime.

Eyewitness testimony, that most people think is better, is notoriously unreliable.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
Pretty massive plot hole...

Best illustrated by this sentence from near the end;

"Two weeks after the cable news featured the story of the release of Lisa and Blake, a large envelope arrived by courier at the office of attorney Basil Smith."

This story of a real life frame job would've had Mark's face plastered all over the news nation wide, probably internationally. Mark's going down sooner or later.

I did like this story a lot though.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Re-Reading

Just some late thoughts.

They were read their Miranda rights when they were arrested/booked? They should have been read before they were even questioned!

Sharing an attorney is the absolute WORST thing that they can do! What if, in order to get Client A off, he needs to throw Client B under the bus? Since Client B is ALSO his client, he can't ethically (I know, I know, oxymoronic talking about lawyers!), do it.

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before, but how likely is it that Blake would use his own, labeled shovels?

"He described how Mark had threatened to kill him," - Again, this has probably been mentioned before, but Mark previously threatened to kill Blake if he messed with Mark's woman again, and here he not only did that, but with Mark's WIFE, yet Blake tries to claim that Mark didn't kill Blake, but killed himself?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
7 pages of non-erotic drivel

Belongs in a dime crime novel

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No Body?

Thankfully, the justice system does not reward murderers for for their succeses in hiding their victims. At the same time, some may be so skilled in planning, they are able to deceive even the best of investigators.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
4 stars

for allowing the slut and man whore out of prison, it was a 5 star story...

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
Holes? Yes. But what a BTB!

This is a classic LW to me.

5-stars, irregardless the logic/law/procedure flaws.

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
Just read again

This is a really interesting story. Great note from Homefrontwitness!! So, my speculative ending could come to be . . . if his current wife tires of Mark while he's doing jail time (or she herself ends up with some legal problems), perhaps he does end up back with Lisa. BTBitch & then BTBastard (Mark). As for the other bastard, Blake, I think I was wrong to suggest he might sue Mark. He's described as being a different person now, perhaps feeling some remorse . . . but even greater motivation . . . he's knows Mark's penchant for over-the-top revenge . . . and will probably send him a note of apology, encourage him to get back with Lisa, and then get as far away as possible from him. Yeh, I could see the story working out as I described before.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 6 years ago
Read It Again

You know I believe that justice was served. Actually instead of a year and a half I wish they were in prison for five years. When you cheat on a lunatic you have to expect consequences. Remember, In fiction, this shit is possible. If not, most stories, based in fact, would be very boring.

Five Stars for a great imagination

TailakaTailakaover 6 years ago
Good work

The peace Mark found in both his new life and in setting them free from prison was a nice touch. I think maybe his revenge was releasing them back to a life where they were both cowed and had lost everything (homes, work, money).

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
@Anony 09/07/17 - Don't count on it

1 - Faking one's death is certainly NOT illegal, but numerous things along the way or that result from it can be. As in many stories, cops and investigators are painted as being gullible and not really competent. You want trouble, drum up a similar situation and watch what a State can come up with. 911 just reporting a situation . . . true, but one HE set up. It was a false call and abuse of the system. If anyone benefits (or loses in some way) by his faked death . . . he may be in real trouble. Did anyone benefit from his fake death? (yes) Did anyone suffer? (yes) The State covers itself by paying a measly sum to people it wrongly convicted, but that money was still paid out due his 911 call and faked death. If someone fakes their death for insurance money . . . they get in real trouble. Here there's financial damage and more, in this case. Many powerful criminals have been brought down on convictions for minor crimes.

2 - Civil cases . . . anyone involved in the situation (not just his wife and best friend) can go after them . . . and there he doesn't even have to have broken a law . . . just caused harm by his negligence . . . slam dunk for a charismatic attorney.

3 - I worked in Metro Police Department . . . and believe me the last thing you want is the justice system and law enforcement personnel angry at you for making them look foolish. Believe it or not, people in these professions will not sit back, chuckle, and do nothing other than say, "Gee, clever guy . . . he sure fooled us." Some will be quite willing to bend the law themselves, and if he's caused a big enough problem, the affront will be felt by law enforcement nationwide. Believe me, he spat in the face of and manipulated the justice system, costing a lot of time and expense. . . they will not overlook it, regardless of how cleverly or within the confines of the law he did it.

As I was once warned in a friendly way, "Don't make too much noise about xxx. The people responsible for your protection know where you work, and where you live."

4 - Maybe he isn't actually married to the woman he's with . . . but he did abandon his wife, and his new partner is pregnant with twins, and refers to their unit as 'family'. Laws in two or more States may well be involved, and he could be in some trouble here.

5 - >> "Add to that, once his wife found out that he is still alive, she will divorce him so she can move on in her own life. "

Why in the world would she do that? She wants him back. What has she got to gain by divorcing him? Once she sees (as another writer points out) how quickly he can be caught, she can be at his side. His current partner will be too busy with the twins (and keeping herself out of trouble) to be of any help . . . and with enough bad publicity, will probably find it safer to keep her distance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
AN IMMEDIATE GLARING ERROR IN POLICEWORK. (OR WRITING)

Right after the discovery of his bloodied van, when Det. Nesbitt asked her where she'd been for the last 48 hrs. and she mentioned having stayed the previous night 'with a friend', HE DIDN'T ASK THE NAME OF THE FRIEND, THE FRIEND'S ADDRESS OR HOW TO MAKE CONTACT WITH SAID FRIEND. There's no way in HELL that would happen in real life so you would have us believe that the police dept., investigating a possible murder, assigned the case to a detective who immediately came off as an incompetent clown. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'M NOT VOTING UNTIL I'VE FINISHED THE STORY BUT, IF I WERE TO VOTE NOW AND COULD GIVE IT A SPLIT VOTE, I GIVE IT ONE STAR FOR COMPETENCE AND FIVE STARS FOR STUPIDITY.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 6 years ago
A Very Good Story

Other than the fuckup in police work, as mentioned in the previous post, this was a well crafted and written story.

I'd have addressed her with clear contempt in that final letter... lines like, "I read your trial transcript and saw where you testified that you woke Blake up with a fuck, after sucking his cock to get him hard enough to go into what you promised was MY PUSSY. Well, you two cheaters didn't die and neither did I but you and I were already done so, for all intents and purposes, you were already dead to me.

I gived it all five stars. (yeah, I wrote gived... but the detective won't detect it.)

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
@Slippery Saddle Bum

Trouble is, a letter like that would have been proof that he not only hadn't gotten over the incident, but hadn't gotten over her. Indifference, not contempt, is the goal of detachment. A letter with such wording also suggests that what he called love was nothing more than ownership. His character throughout (and his wanting to free himself at the end) would have been belied by his still being hostile. Such a letter could also used to prove intent to harm others . . . It would enhance any civil suit and further motivate the State to go after him.

No, if he's truly not in love with her anymore, he just says have a nice life. Nothing that shows contempt and anger (and therefore lingering, if betrayed, love on some level), and absolutely nothing to entice law enforcement to go after him even harder, or even provoke his victims to pursue civil suits.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 6 years ago
The writing was good . . .

. . . though it was obvious that Mark had faked his death early on.

Almost as interesting were the comments, and the number of people who wished that Mark had never said anything and left them in prison for 15 to life. I guess that’s what they believe is appropriate for adultery.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 6 years ago
Not exactly shocking

It was pretty clear that Mark set-up his betrayers. As the story fleshed-out, it became more evident that he planned it very carefully. The exact details aren’t really important. The part that bothered me was his apology. He could simply have not written the personal letter to Lisa, or left it as: “your betrayal pushed me over the edge, and at the time I thought you deserved extreme punishment. Have a nice life”

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous