Everything Happens for a Reason

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The sun had now risen, bringing everything to light making me realize I had been sitting there for well over an hour as I thought about all that I'd heard. Suddenly the door opened and Julia appeared with two plates of food in her hand, followed by Laurie who carried two cups of coffee in one hand and two glasses of milk in the other. Her eyes shone like the sun, brilliant and bright and I felt her within me the moment I saw her. Then she smiled and said, "Good morning, Tommy."

"Good morning to you, too," I replied, with a stupid grin plastered across my face.

As she set the plates of food on the table, I saw Julia laughing and shaking her head at the way I reacted to Laurie, and putting her hand on my shoulder as she leaned over me to put my food in front of me, she said, "My daughter tells me that you two had a rather interesting night last night."

A very uncomfortable feeling began to rise from the pit of my stomach. Laurie must have sensed it, because, before I could reply, she quickly spoke up, and reassuring me somehow, said, "Yeah, I told her what happened at Barleycorn's with that Damon asshole."

"Laurie!" scolded her mother, while I giggled.

I immediately began to relax, and winking at Laurie, replied, "Yeah, well, he turned out to be a pretty decent guy once I got past his bullshit," causing her to giggle.

Julia just sighed exasperatedly, and shaking her head while playfully swatting me on my neck with the small towel she'd used to wipe up any spills, said, "What am I gonna do with you two?" All at once and out of the blue, Julia began to laugh uncontrollably.

Laurie and I looked at one another and I just shrugged my shoulders, then she looked at Julia and asked, "You want to let us in on the joke, Mom?"

Once she'd regained her composure, Julia looked at the two us, and with a very loving smile said, "I was just remembering back when Tommy's mother and I used to bathe the two of you together." Laurie and I stared at one another, both feeling the heat of embarrassment creeping up the backs of our spines only making it worse when Julia looked at me and asked, "You know why Laurie used to spit water at you don't you?"

No ma'am!" I replied.

Julia grinned at Laurie, and laughing wildly, said, "Because she saw your little thingy while it was peeing and squirting all over the place one day and got mad because she couldn't do it, too."

Suddenly, my embarrassment turned to laughter as Laurie's face blushed a bright shade of crimson. Instead of getting more embarrassed, she looked at her mother and I doubled over laughing, and then began to laugh herself and said, "That's not funny, you two!"

"Eat your breakfast before it gets cold," Julia scolded, playfully.

Laurie and I began to eat, and of course, it tasted wonderful. I knew that if I kept eating the way that I had been for the past few days, I was going to need a lot of exercise to keep it from showing. I must say though; Julia is one damn good cook.

I was lost in a culinary explosion of the different tastes going on inside my mouth when, breaking me from my trance, Laurie giggled and asked, "Is it good, Tommy?"

"Yeah! Why?" I asked, opening my eyes to find Julia standing behind her seated daughter with her hands on Laurie's shoulders, smiling.

"You were humming while you were eating with your eyes closed," replied Laurie, grinning from ear-to-ear.

For the second time that morning, I felt the heat of embarrassment creeping up the back of my neck and burning on the tips of my ears and I meekly squeaked, "Sorry!"

Laurie just laughed and said, "Aw sweetie, its okay. Besides, I think it's cute," and then she leaned across the table and took my hand and gently intertwined her fingers with mine. Looking over to Julia with dreamy eyes, she smiled and said, "Do you know that Tommy protected me from Harvey Crutcher last night?"

"He did?" asked Julia, in mock surprise.

"He sure did," replied Laurie, nodding her head while her eyes were locked onto mine. Then she continued, and knowing I should've been uncomfortable talking about this, I felt set free somehow when she said, "He fights like nothing I've ever seen and doesn't like to talk about where he learned it either!"

Walking from behind her daughter and coming around the table to where I sat, Julia leaned down and gently put her arms around me, and looking at her daughter, said, "Guys who are Navy SEALs are like that, baby-girl," making Laurie's eyes go wide. Then Julia leaned in closer to my ear and softly said, "Thank you for protecting Laurie, sweet boy. It shows me how you really feel about her." And then she stood up, and turning to go back inside, winked at Laurie and said, "Didn't I hear you mention something about taking Tommy swimming today?"

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot," replied Laurie, with conspiratorial smiles written across both her's and Julia's faces. Then she let go of my hand and continued, "There's a special place I want to take you this afternoon. It's my special place actually. I just hope you love it as much as I do."

Suddenly, Mike came flying out of the back door with an excited look on his face and said, "Guess what? I just got off the phone with Sonny Jackson, and he told me that last night somebody whipped that bullying son-of-a-bitch, Harvey Crutcher's ass for him. He told me that whoever did it made sure that those two pieces of shit side-kicks, Howie Peel and Butch Ingles, got what was coming to them too. Sonny told me that Rance Keller told him that Peel damn near lost his arm and Ingles won't be walking around for at least six months. Damn! I sure wish I could've been there to see that. I like to find out who did it, because I'd buy the man all the beer he could drink."

Laurie excitedly stood up to speak and said, "Well then, Daddy, Tommy was....."

"Mike, honey, I need you in the kitchen for a minute please," said Julia, quickly interrupting Laurie and giving her a glare that Laurie immediately knew was meant to shut her up. As she and Mike were going back inside the house, Julia continued to glare at her daughter and then turned to me; her glare melting into a smile, then winked and disappeared into the house, closing the door behind her.

After breakfast, Laurie took me out to her office and the small veterinary clinic that had been set up for the live-stock that her family owned. Laurie had a little work to catch up on and I stayed out of way, content to simply watch her while she worked. God, she was beautiful and it was the little things that she did that made her that much more beautiful in my eyes. It was something as simple as watching her flip her hair back onto her shoulders while she sat at her desk, or maybe the way she would wrinkle her forehead while she was intently undertaking what ever it was she was doing, that would leave me overcome with an indescribable warmth, permeating my very core. I'd been watching her for quite sometime when she glanced in my direction to see me smiling at her. She smiled, and lovingly, said, "What is it?"

"I like watching you work," I replied, softly.

She winked at me and said, "I'm glad you do. I like watching you too," and then she turned back to her work. Nothing else was said between us that morning as I watched Laurie, working with a content little smile that sweetly curled the corners of her beautiful mouth. As I watched her, I realized that although I'd traveled to many beautiful places and seen many different and beautiful women, nothing I'd ever seen was anywhere near as beautiful as what I saw not ten feet from me.

Julia's words, "The two of you were destined to be together," reverberated within me like a tympani drum, giving me pause enough to seriously take stock in them.

That afternoon, around 12:30 pm, Laurie and I saddled up our horses. I rode Jessi again and Laurie rode Gus. We took the same trail we'd taken the day before only this time we went further up into the mountains until we came to a split in the path. To the left it went back down again and to the right led up a little higher. Laurie dismounted Gus, and with me following suit, she smiled and said, "We're gonna have to tie the horses here where they can graze. There's nothing for them to eat where we are going." I took the saddle-bags off of Jessi that Laurie had given me to carry while she grabbed the saddle-bags she'd put on Gus and followed her up the path. We walked maybe a hundred yards till we came upon an escarpment that overlooked the clearest most serene sight I'd ever witnessed in my life. There was a walkway that had clearly been hand cut into the stone that went about fifteen feet down to the bank of a small pool about twenty feet in diameter. It had a waterfall that fed it with a small stream running from the other end, leading off somewhere down the mountain.

"So, what do you think?" asked Laurie, her eyes gleaming from the bright sun reflecting off the water.

"My God, this is beautiful," I gasped. My mother had taken the liberty of packing my bags for the trip to Montana and I had humored her. What I didn't take into consideration was that she had packed my Speedo bathing suit that I wore when I was in the Navy, and that was the only bathing suit she had packed. I was a little agitated when I first discovered it, but then I got to thinking about how Laurie had reacted to seeing me in just a pair of shorts the day before and I smiled. Had my mother been standing there in front of me, I would've hugged her. I knew I was in good, no, make that great shape. The training I'd gone through made sure of that. I had worn my bathing suit beneath my clothes and I was now curious to see how things played out from here.

Laurie had just begun laying out the towels she had packed for us to sit on as I began to get undressed. By the time she was finished, I was standing there in just my Speedo and I heard her quietly gasp and say, "Oh my God!"

"Are you okay?" I asked, smirking.

In an instant, and before I had a chance to say anything else, Laurie took off her clothes to reveal a tiny thong bikini, and looking at me, seductively said, "I am now, you gorgeous hunk of man." Then she turned around to let me see the back of her bikini. I felt my throat closing off and my breathing stop when I saw the most beautiful ass in the history of womanhood. It was tight, succulently round and very firm from the way it moved as Laurie walked away from me giggling as she made her way to the water. Then she looked back over shoulder as she waded into the pool and said, "Are you coming in?"

I took off running and dove, head first, into the water. The minute the icy mountain water hit my skin, my head shot above the surface and I shouted, "HOLY SHIT!!!! THIS WATER IS FREEZING!!!!"

I heard Laurie laughing behind me, and before I had a chance to retreat to the bank, I felt her coming up beside me in the water. She put her arms around me and pressed her semi-nude body tightly against mine and replied, "I guess I'll just have to keep you warm then." I put my arms around her, holding her as closely as she was holding me. Before I knew it, we were locked in the sweetest kiss I'd ever received from a woman.

I ran my hands up and down her body, feeling it's every curve as we kissed. The moment my hand touched her ass, a delightful moan emanated from her, making her press, almost grind her crotch against mine. Nothing else existed for me but her. As the kiss grew deeper and deeper, familiar tingles in my groin began to ripple inside me. And as I felt her already hardened nipples drilling into my chest, I knew that I had come to the end of the line as far as women were concerned. She was 'The One!' When the kiss ended, we looked into one another's eyes knowing that what each of us saw there now, left no doubt to both of us as to how we felt about one another.

I saw a single tear running down her cheek and I said, "Aw, what's wrong?"

She broke away from me and swam to the center of the pool and said, "If I tell you, you'll think I'm acting like some silly little schoolgirl."

"Why don't you let me be the judge of that?" I said, swimming out to meet her.

The she got a devilish look in her eyes, which I've come to absolutely adore, and said, "If you can catch me, I'll tell you!" Then she swiftly broke free of me and disappeared beneath the water's surface.

This was a game I used to play with my friends in "The Teams" when I was in the Navy and I always won. So as opposed to chasing her in the water, I chose to turn the tables on her and dove straight to the bottom of the pond and hid behind some rocks underwater. I looked up and the water was clear enough that I could see her searching for in the pool. Being that I'm a retired SEAL, I can hold my breath for a very long time and I watched as she began looking everywhere. I could even hear her calling my name as she turned her head from side-to-side looking for me. Suddenly, the tone in her voice changed from funny to that of sheer terror, as I could now hear her screaming my name. I decided that enough was enough and I came out of hiding, breaking the water's surface right behind her.

"Looking for me?" I teased.

"YOU ASSHOLE!!!!" she angrily shouted, and began making her way toward the bank.

By the time she got out of the water and began to dry off, I could hear her crying and in no time I was out of the water and standing right beside her. "Are you alright?" I asked.

Its good thing I have quick reflexes because as she turned around to face me; she took a swing at me, barely missing my head as I ducked just in the nick of time. "You scared the shit out of me," she cried.

"I'm really sorry for sneaking up behind you like that, I was only playing," I said, apologizing.

"That's not what I meant." she cried, this time with the same look I saw on her face the night before when I'd been forced to deal with Crutcher and his friends. Then she continued and broke down crying, saying, "I thought that something had happened to you. I thought I lost you."

She was crying so hard that she simply collapsed into my arms, and as I sat us down with her body wrapped around mine, I soothed her and replied, "I'm right here and I'm okay, I promise." I have no idea where what I said next came from, but to this day, I'll never regret it. After taking my towel and wiping away her tears, I gently kissed her lips and said, "I'll never leave you again."

Her face had been buried into my chest, and she suddenly looked up at me with tears falling down both cheeks this time and said, "When you took on Crutcher and those other two assholes, I thought they were gong to hurt you really bad. But then, when I saw what you did to them, it scared me too. But, it scared me in a good way."

"I don't understand!" I replied, frowning.

Laurie smiled as she looked up at me, her head now in my lap, and said, "I knew you would be able to protect me from anything and I knew that I was right to feel the way I do about you." Seeing the question mark on my face, Laurie giggled for a moment, and then with a serious tone of voice, said, "What I'm trying to say, without scaring you or chasing you off is that I love you, Tommy. I have ever since we were both little and I've never stopped loving you."

Before I could respond, we both heard an ostensibly female voice shouting from above, "Ooo Girl! Save some of him for us too."

"Those silly bitches always did have the worst timing," laughed Laurie, as I helped her sit up.

Less than thirty seconds later, both Emma and Deirdre appeared in front of us, stripping their clothes off and revealing equally stunning, as well as equally tiny, thong bikinis. Looking at what I was wearing, Emma laughed and said, "Damn boy, stand up so we can all have a look!"

"What the hell?" I said, and grinning at Laurie stood up and walked over to Emma and Deirdre, then gave them both a hug at the same time and added, "Hi girls!" then turned around, walked over beside Laurie and sat back down.

When I was facing them again, Laurie grinned as Emma looked at her smiling and said, "You lucky bitch," then all three of them erupted into peals of girlish laughter.

As Emma and Deirdre layed out their towels, I reached into my saddle bag and retrieved a pair of sunglasses in order to avoid being caught staring at the smorgasbord of female flesh on display. As I was putting the glasses on, Emma looked over at me, and trying to embarrass me, said, "What's the matter handsome, are all of us women just too much for ya?"

Before I had a chance to respond, Laurie, God love her, jumped to my defense and replied, "No, I expect that he's probably being blinded by the sunlight that's reflecting off of your deathly white ass!" I just shook my head laughing while Laurie and Deirdre howled uncontrollably.

Emma, unfazed, simply looked at them, and bending over and sticking her ass out at them, replied, "You both can kiss my deathly white ass."

After everyone had settled down and the laughter abated, Laurie was on my right side, and Emma, with Deirdre beside her, lay on my left side. I was having fun with these girls and it made me realize that there really were some good girls left in the world. I smiled when I thought of the way they liked to antagonize each other, but that's just how these girls were. Although Laurie was in a class of her own, being around these three girls was like taking a breath of fresh air. I suddenly remembered what Laurie had told me right before her two friends showed up. She told me that she loved me and that she always had.

I silently watched her while she talked with her two friends, thankful that God had chosen to bless me in the way he was doing at this very moment.

Breaking me out of my reverie, Deirdre sat up, then leaned across Emma, and said, "So Tommy, tell us how you stay in such good shape."

Once again and before I could respond, Laurie sat up and excitedly replied, "He was a Navy SEAL, girl!"

Now both Emma and Deirdre were sitting up wide eyed, and looking at me, Emma said, "Really?"

"Yeah!" was all I replied. Then deciding that I was uncomfortable with the way the conversation was headed, I stood up and said, "I'm gonna go for a swim. Please excuse me, ladies,' and then I took a running dive into the clear crisp, cold mountain pool. As I dove down to the bottom of the pool, I felt refreshed and enriched. I also knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was sweetly and very deeply in love with Laurie. I decided to cast my fate to the wind and just tell her that I felt the same way about her that she did about me. Looking back now I realize that many, many years ago; I gave my heart to a little girl that had big blue eyes with long dark lashes and long dark hair, tied back with baby blue ribbons. I felt like I was really home now. Suddenly I was distracted by movement in the water. I looked up, and smiling, saw three female asses, each clad in thong bikini bottoms, floating in a circle on the surface directly above me. I maneuvered so that I was directly beneath Laurie and slowly ascended to the surface.

The moment my head broke the water, I felt two soft hands going around my shoulders and a soft body pressing firmly against mine. The moment my face was clear of the water, Laurie leaned in, and kissing me softly upon the lips, said, "Hi handsome! Where have you been?"

Seizing the chance to embarrass all three of them at once, I devilishly laughed and pointing down, replied, "I've been down there watching you three digging those thongs out of your butts, and trust me, I saw everything too," and continued to laugh. Had it been conducive enough, the water around me would've been boiling from the heat of embarrassment that was blatantly written across all three of their faces.

1...34567...14