All Comments on 'I Fell in Love with a Ghost'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 125 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story has some really good highs but it also contains some pretty bad lows. The last part, the one that is equivalent to an epilogue, is the one that is as bad as can be. This is just a list of names and the reader quickly gets lost. This a total lack of respect for us and in my view, it destroys the rating of an otherwise OK story. For this lack of respect, I go with a reluctant 3*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Brilliant, spell binding and it generates every human emotion that is good; hope, faith, fear, understanding, passion, belief in second chances and recovery, honesty and loss. Loss can be a positive human factor to be better, change ourselves and rise to a better self. My favorite saying; "Be the person your dog believes you are". Reward unquestioning love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A wonderful story!!! No smarmy tropes, solid feelings, human weaknesses and strengths. I just could not put this down.

There are, yo me, in my judgement, 15 or so REALLY good writers in the LE/LW category.

I think you are one of them.

THANK YOU FOR GIVING THIS TO US!đź‘Źđź’Ą

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

Great story, well told. I would like to know, though, about Ghost's mysterious disappearances, his source of money, and how he had the "in" with some of the nation's top financiers to rate being seated at their table at the event in the story. And for a guy who supposedly hated games, demanding that she be real, his refusal to reveal his own name to her until their wedding day shows him to be a game player of the first order, reveling in that mysterious persona of "Ghost" bestowed on him by those around him intimidated by his demeanor. Still, an easy 5. Thanks.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

Another fantastic story. This one had me misty eyed. It’s amazing how some fictional stories can stir one’s emotions as if it was true to life. This story did just that. Thank you sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it, gave it 5*, even if i skipped the ending after the point Heather spoke up. After that the romance plot was over the top for me. Still, great writing!

Ah, and who the hell is Rodney?! Let me guess, you're one of the many, many, MANY writers making the mistake of changing characters' names afterward? DON'T! We don't care about the characters' name. But we do care that we're thrown off, out of the flow, because the previously attributed names 'ghost' through the story.

Really, there's not many great writers here, like the one you are. But there's many making exactly THAT mistake. Anyway, a detail, compared to your writing. Good luck with the health issues. And TX!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I recognize that this is one of your early works, yet it is still well-written and a delight to read!. 5 star. I look forward to reading your remaining works.

Thank you.

G

OpenToOpenMindedOpenToOpenMindedover 1 year ago

Sorry but I don't take to this hard a story line so I can't ruin the ratings of others so I didn't finish the story. Not my tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

hope the numbness passed. better health to you

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Been reading a lot of your stories lately and it seems that the big C has maybe had an impact on your life somehow. It isn't always a death sentence, but it sure tends to mess a lot of lives up. I loved this story, seems like I love most all of your stories so far so another five stars seems about right. Thanks for the time and effort it takes to continue writing great stories that are more than just a hump and grunt series of sex strung together with a thin line of story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow I just like to say I’ve needed a box of tissues on most of your stories I only have one question why do you seem to rush the last page

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

very good. thought her chaps and daisy duke's episode was out of character, showed slutiness that she really wasn't. Immature she was but learned a hard lesson. Her 3 GF's were out of character too, too slutty when they were all professional women.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You are an excellent writer, one of the few whose work I truly enjoy. I have read almost every story posted. I think the best include the Split Trails Ranch, Red Neck Rich, Air Possum and a couple of others I can't remember the names of. At 70 I am loosing my memory due to a type of disease where my brain slowly shrinks. I enjoy genealogy; but, I have to have my notes in front of me to engage in conversation. Best wishes and may you be truly blessed. CES

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It was a great story until the name Ron came up with no intro. There was no mention of his name until it suddenly appeared with no explanation. Should have been mentioned before. Still, 4*, but get a proofreader or editor.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Life DOES imitate Art….or something like that.

I’m 15 years senior ro my spouse. On sociable security with a son in high school. (Yes, I know what you’re thinking. I alluded to being old. Never said nuthin about being smart!

Hell! She says I have to live another 20 years, but as much as she calls the doctor and last week she tried using a hedge trimmer to manny peddling her finger, I’m thinking it might be me in the market for another low mileage lady. How do women outlive their husbands? Arsenic artichokes, maybe?

Nuther 10 on de five scale….and off to the next….

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

WHY DID HE NOT TELL HER WHO HE WAS MEETING!!

WHY DID SHE NOT CONFRONT THEM!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

WHY DID THE ASSHOLE GHOST MEET WITH THE BITCH HEATHER.....HE IS AN ASSHOLE

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Read again just now.. better this time because I took the time to truly enjoy the wonder of great writing. Thanks for the poker run.. Ace high flush!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Even with the odd error here and there this is still a great read. Typing one handed and only a few mistakes? Damn that's impressive. Please keep up the good work. Really enjoying your writing style. Thanks BardnotBard

GardenshedGardenshed6 months ago

Another great story, very enjoyable read. S thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story. My expectations of you has gone sky high. Keep writing and entertaining us, pro.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Its a year since my last read, STILL A GREAT TALE! Thank you Q. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I loved this story! qhml1 is a terrific author, he never leaves anything out.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Why didn't the asshole tell her about Heather!! And she should have confronted him immediately!!

Piss poor communication. Asshole and his drama

dleethomas58dleethomas58about 1 month ago

Great job. Love this one.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...