Lady in Red Pt. 02 Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It wasn't me. You guys built the hospital! And it's incredible! I'm very proud of my three sisters, Charlie, and Steve. It's got to be one of the best hospitals in the world," praised Lisa.

"I think I've solved our immediate problem created when I gave that ass, Binak, the boot today," added Lisa. "Nadiya has agreed to serve as the administrator of the hospital temporarily. That'll give us time to either find someone else for the job, or talk her into doing it fulltime."

"After everything Lady in Red has done for Kiev, how could I refuse? You do realize that not very many women in Ukraine have important positions. There may be complaints from some men that don't like the thought of women doing men's work," added Nadiya.

Steve had been silent during most of the conversation. He seldom spoke if he didn't have something to say. He decided to join in.

"I don't think many men want to test Lisa's resolve in the matter, but if anyone challenges your authority or ability, Lisa, feel free to give them my number. I'll be glad to set them straight, but somehow, I think Jason will be all the support you need. I still chuckle when I remember how he shook that little toad around."

Ted also decided to voice his opinion. "I was pretty upset about what he called Lisa, but I didn't even have time to consider doing something about it before Jason had him by the throat. That's the sort of thing I was thinking of when I gave you 'the talk', as it's now known," laughed Ted. "You did exactly what you needed to do. I'm proud to have you in the family.

Gwen spent the next few days visiting at the hospital when she wasn't rehearsing for the big concert. Charlotte was her constant companion as they familiarized themselves with the hospital, the staff, and employees. Since they were finishing up their third year of medical school, they were extremely interested in all aspects of operation of a large, modern hospital.

The time in Kiev seemed to fly by for the Americans as they were warmly welcomed everywhere they went. Saturday found them at the hospital early to greet and mingle with those that came to tour the new facility. Gwen, Jordan, Lisa, Kate, and their friends made extra efforts to make those guests that obviously had less material wealth feel welcome.

They were often seen hugging ragged children and their parents, taking them on tours, and always ending up in the cafeteria where an ice cream bar was set up. They were sending a message to the staff that every child was important and would be treated with love and respect. By late afternoon, the hospital staff had seen enough to know that it was no act. Most of them felt relief to be able to give care to patients without concern for social or financial status.

Kate and Chip had disappeared for an hour before noon. When they returned they had dozens of gift cards for a local department store. They delighted in handing them out to the children and their parents and watching the surprise and joy in their faces.

The ceremony to officially open the hospital went very well. When Nadiya was introduced as the administrator of the hospital, the applause and cheers were loud and long. Lisa knew then that she had made a good choice in asking her to take over the job.

As the clock approached seven, Gwen and Jordan led the band onto the stage, which was once again set up at Independence Square. The crowd was even larger than the one that attended the first concert years prior.

With her performance in the last Washington concert, Gwen had shown the band that they had not been leaving everything on the stage. Jordan, Steve, and Charlie, had to step their efforts up a notch to keep up with her. When they had performed in Moscow, all four remembered the intensity they had felt in D.C. and worked to maintain it for the fans in Russia.

Now they were determined to deliver the best possible performance to the cheering crowd in Kiev. The driving drum beat of the always popular 'We Will Rock You' began as Gwen strutted around the stage waving to the huge crowd as they cheered and screamed her name. Many of the females in attendance wore red eye patches and cheered especially long and hard for their heroic female role model. She was the woman that fought and defeated a crazed terrorist with her bare hands and then proceeded to operat on a man to save his life, all within a couple minutes time!

Gwen was once again pumped as she saw the sea of red patches and realized they were meant as support of her actions in Moscow. Her performance reflected her emotions right from the start. They had barely begun when Charlie caught Steve's eyes and rolled his own, as if to say 'here we go again'!

Because Gwen's recording of Joan Jett's 'Hate Myself for Loving You' had been so popular in Eastern Europe, the band moved into that song as soon as they finished 'We Are the Champions' and the crowd loved it. Gwen looked incredible in a red leather bustier and short leather skirt and a red leather patch over her eye.

She played to the crowd as she sang and gyrated to the music, always moving around the stage, and singing the song better than she ever had before. Steve and Charlie pranced in back of her as they made their guitars practically scream the chords out. The driving beat and Gwen's great performance had the fans cheering and yelling as many of them danced and shimmied while they voiced their approval.

Four hours later, the last song was sung and the tired crowd began to filter out of the square. Jordan, Gwen, Charlie, and Steve joined their group at their hotel for a late dinner, but it was obvious to everyone that they were exhausted.

"You guys have given some great shows, but I think you may have just delivered your best ever," stated Naomi to her friends. "The fans were really into your songs and you seemed extra emotional tonight. It was something to watch."

"I'm hearing that the pay-per-view ratings were record setting, which is really amazing considering you started the show before noon in most of the U.S.," reported Stephanie. "The internet is buzzing about the concert. The eye patch thing is becoming a worldwide fashion statement, if you can imagine that. Gwen's supposed to be able to stop wearing it Monday, but she may have to leave it on forever so her fans aren't disappointed."

"Sorry about that," chuckled Gwen. "My eye is doing much better and the patch will be gone in a couple of days. Everyone's going to have to find a new craze and hopefully, it won't involve me, bandages, and pain."

Sunday morning found Nadiya and Hans joining everyone for breakfast before they traveled to the airport for the trip home. "The media loved the concert! They are raving about how the best performers in the world came to Kiev to give us a free concert, and how much it means to our city and country. Your incredible acts of kindness and generosity have inspired our nation. We have a better sense of self worth and pride. I can feel it when I speak to people. Thank you so much for all you have done, and for being my friends."

Soon everyone was hugging Nadiya as they said their goodbyes. Steve didn't escape without a rousing kiss from the gorgeous blonde and a warm handshake from Hans.

On the way to the airport, Cheryl smiled as she observed, "This has been the most amazing trip of my life, by a mile! I saw three super concerts in three capital cities, a Russian wedding, a terrorist attack, an asshole being reamed, and a beautiful new hospital opening its doors early because some children desperately needed care. I didn't get to see Gwen's eye roll back into her head, but I heard about it from Stephanie.

"I can't wait to report all of this at a school assembly. Everyone's going to be so impressed with so many incredible stories, and they're all true!"

"If you tell about my eye rolling back, your next assembly will be in Siberia," warned Gwen. "I think it was all greatly exaggerated anyway."

"I don't think it was," offered Billy. "Charlotte's been after me to make her scream, roll her eyes, and then pass out. She didn't make that stuff up. Besides, there were enough 'eye patch witnesses' there to verify the veracity of the story. And has anyone else noticed how all of the ladies have been looking at Steve lately? Once again, he's added to the legend!"

It was a tired, but happy group of travelers that landed in Sparta ten hours later. Because of the time difference, it was mid afternoon. The travelers climbed into several helicopters to return to Sparta.

Gwen was surprised when the choppers put down near the high school rather than near their new homes in Asgard, as they now called their estate.

Once they landed and moved away from the landing zone, the choppers lifted off and locals began pouring across the field to welcome the travelers home. Gwen was surprised to see that many of the girls wore red eye patches over one eye. She turned to point it out to her sisters and friends, but then suddenly stopped in her tracks. Every last one of them, including Beatrice Patterson, stood smiling at her with one eye covered by a red patch!