All Comments on '1: Educating Kaylee Ch. 06'

by Spartan22

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
TooCleverByHalfTooCleverByHalfabout 11 years ago
Love this series

... and can't wait for more!

mcollectmcollectabout 11 years ago
Perfect

Again perfect timing and pacing. One of the best!

PNW_GuyPNW_Guyabout 11 years ago
Great Story

But you need to write faster!!!!!!! :)

ambush184ambush184about 11 years ago
outstanding

Keep it coming!!! Wouldn't object to faster either. This is getting really good.

DeaconPimpDeaconPimpabout 11 years ago

I'd find a way to cyberpunch you if it meant we got the next fantastic installment any sooner! Keep up the great work!

lcluckylcluckyabout 11 years ago
Faster Please

Love it. More chapters faster if you can please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

tell us more about the challeger... big block? 4 speed? hemi? inquiring minds wanty to know...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow

OK, I'm just like everyone else. It drives me nuts waiting for the next chapter. But I won't tell you to hurry. Something this good takes time and we'll just have to wait. Take all the time you need just please don't stop!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
wooooøoooooooooooooooooooooøoooow

I have never read story like this 1 u r amezing keepup ur good work n plez submit next chapters fast.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Sweet monkey I love this story and I am not one for sappy ones. But damn I want a ebook version of this and I think many of us would buy it off you if you kept writing stories like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Absolutely Amazing

I love the story and the pace and absolutely everything about it. You are doing an amazing job so far each chapter is better than the last. I would love it to come out quicker but at the same time I want you to do justice to each chapter and will happily wait. Keep up the unbelievably excellent work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow

Loved this chapter so much. Can't wit for more :-)

SMN91SMN91about 11 years ago
Another Great Chapter.

I've been reading on this site for several years and this is the first time I've felt the need to comment. Spartan, this is an amazing story. You took some fairly cliche archetypes and created an amazing and heartfelt story. I've read most of the stories others have compared yours too and you outshine them all. I seriously hope you consider publishing this (and your other story as well) when you are ready. Take as much time to get these into the shape you feel is ready to show us. I've been following a sci-fi story on this site for the last two years. I don't mind waiting for a great author. And you sir, are amazing.

iome50iome50about 11 years ago
loved this chapter... too!

awesome work!!

what can I say that has not yet been said? you write marvellously good!

thank you for your hard work, and for sharing this story and your Art with us readers.

keep up the excellent work! ^^

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
WOW.

wow.

just wow.

hope to read more of your stories in the near future :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Your amazing!

You writing is so amazing and everytime I read these chapters im left wondering

What's going to happen next. I hate that you leave me waiting so much more. I can't stop reading these, there intoxicating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Two Thumbs Up!

The pacing of this entire series has been very good! I just hope that there won't be any cliche'd resolution to the Bradley-Kaylee-Luke issue in future chapters.

Impressive writing so far!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
glitch

Wasn't he in a sling in chapter 5? The kiss couldn't have happened as you described it with a broken elbow.

AlkymistAlkymistabout 11 years ago
Great, but watch the timelines

First off, I think the story is great. I like the fact that you're taking time to establish the characters and building anticipation.

However, a few minor quibbles. Be sure to watch your timelines. As another reader commented, Luke was in a sling in the previous chapter. Also, in this chapter, Kaylee goes out to dinner with him on Christmas Eve and then somehow had enough time to purchase Christmas gifts for his family? Little details like that can really break the reader from the story.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Archangel_MArchangel_Mabout 11 years ago

Yay! New chapter! My question is simple: has Kaylee informed Bradley that he's dumped? Might be important. Might not. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

The interplay between Luke and Kaylee is so... right. They're both so lovable, but for very different reasons. For whatever it's worth, I applaud Luke for doing the right thing. They say that the mark of a proper upbringing is that you do the right thing, even at two in the morning and half asleep. I think the principle holds in terms of Luke's confusion level.

Well done, both to him and to you as the author. I'm looking forward to the next installment! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

badtameez dil badtameez dil maane na maane na.....

Spartan22Spartan22about 11 years agoAuthor
Feedback

@alkymist and anon: Thank you so much for catching my error! I changed it in my draft, should I ever publish this on e-book. If I have time I'd like to go back and update it here some day in the near future. It was easier to ditch the sling. Not sure how I missed that. As for the shopping, that's a little easier; the girl has money and is always buying stuff so it's not a stretch to have her do some last-minute shopping. Buying gifts is her love-language, if you will. To clarify (and I updated in my draft) I had her buying the gifts after the date was set with her and Luke, which was really how I intended it in the first place, I just never really said it anywhere. If you see any other errors please don't hesitate to let me know!

@Archangel: As always thanks for your great inputs! And yes, I didn't forget about Bradley. More to follow.

@Everyone: Thanks again for reading my story! Unfortunately I couldn't get one out this weekend, but will shoot for next Friday. Just as a reminder, Book One is coming towards and end. Book Two and Book Three are vastly different, so be warned. Some of you that specifically like the high school romance only might want to stop at the end of Book One. After all, (except for a flashback or two) they can't stay in high school forever...!

-Spartan22

random_librarianrandom_librarianabout 11 years ago
More on the feedback

As editor, I'll take responsibility for missing the sling issue. Mea culpa, but I'm still blaming the previously-mentioned nasty surgery/heavy narcotics I was on... Still, good catch, y'all.

And, Spartan, you've read Gary Chapman's Five Love Languages? If you (and the married/involved readers) haven't read it, run to your local library. If I have a healthy marriage today (and I do), that book is one of the major reasons. Great way of explaining miscommunication within a relationship, and how to avoid it.

Yours,

Rusty

PS -- What'd y'all expect? I really *am* a librarian, after all...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great

loved the story can't wait for the next ch.

furetofuretoover 9 years ago
"Violate" her?

What a crock. The first time I've disliked Luke.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Best story ever. Plz contact me on kik at mr.cheesepuff104

Horseman68Horseman68almost 8 years ago
Addicted to this Story.

Cannot stop reading this. Just gets better as it goes.

SonofCalliciousSonofCalliciousover 7 years ago
started and stopped, and started and stopped

I finally read your whole story. I've started and stopped it several times, thinking it was just another Nerd gets the Cheerleader tale, but you fooled me. Your characters had character. Real, genuine character, though masked by circumstance and backgrounds. You did an excellent job of weaving Luke's obvious love of Kaylee throughout the story, but you did so without all of the cloying cliches common on LitE.

I especially liked the way you ended the story without sex. I know that sounds strange on a porn site, but that would have violated the character within Luke and would have left the story as a tawdry cheap tale, just as Luke would have felt about Kaylee had he given in. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very good story

Very entertaining and well done. The only thing I can say that might be considered a criticism is that it's a fantasy. In real life, nerds do not get the hottest, most popular, and wealthiest girl in school. It only happens in fiction... TV, the movies, or stories. But it's nice to imagine.

SAV12SAV12over 5 years ago
SO FAR SO GOOD

SO FAR A VERY GOOD STORY! I'LL WAIT TO THE END FOR A COMMENT.

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 4 years ago
Sweet, but

A portmanteau of several other Lit stories: rich self-centered girl, brilliant nerdy guy, tutor, protective guy’s parents, indifferent girl’s parents...

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

love, sex, respect, values reminds me................................great story!

ComefindmeComefindmeover 2 years ago

Ahh man, what a bummer. The 1930's level Christian misogyny killed the romance for me in this part. A girl takes a shot and you shoot her down and remind her she needs to stay pure for her future husband, like having sex somehow makes you filthy and not worth marrying.

Sucks, I was really enjoying this story until now.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"I can't violate you." Jeez, really Luke? It's consensual sex. You're not raping her against her will. That was pretty cringe, I won't lie. That scene was a massive disappointment. And the whole religious convictions and premarital sex thing is out of character. Not a single time has anything like that been hinted at with regards to his character. I call bullshit! Well I hope they stay together at least. Starting to think Luke isn't as intelligent as I was lead to believe.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous