All Comments on '14 Hours Pt. 13'

by CaffeineFetish

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
lastman416lastman416about 6 years ago
Mixed Review

This chapter was weird. It was well-written, and there's nothing egregiously wrong with it, but it doesn't seem like a complete chapter. it seems like a set-up for the second part of this overall story, rather than a standalone chapter in its own right. It doesn't continue from where the previous chapter left off, and the only development that happens (Kori returning) seems to be more set up than anything with impact. Honestly, the weird bombshell at the end of chapter 12 and the longer real-time gap between chapters had me assuming that the series had ended. Instead, this seems like the author lost interest in where they were going, and sort of rebooted the story with a ten-year gap and a few one-line explanations saying how certain characters had changed or plot developments had resolved. For readers invested in the story, hand waving those parts of it away is disappointing.

I criticize because overall I like this series. It has good verisimilitude for a sex story and the characters are believable and complex. I also like the author's tight writing style: they know when exposition helps the story and when the details just aren't as important as advancing what happens. I like that the story continued to be interesting once the mystery of the 14 hours was resolved, and despite my criticism of this chapter, I am looking forward to seeing where the author is going with Chloe.

Also, I'm still not sure why this series is in the Humor & Satire category. If I were looking for a story of this type, I wouldn't look in the H&S category; and when I was perusing the H&S category and decided to check this story out, it wasn't at all what I was looking for. Obviously, I liked it enough to stick around, however.

KnightofoilKnightofoilabout 6 years ago
Little surprised, but not

I knew Samantha would implode, but figured he was tired off by the mean streak. Good on him. I figured may be lilli after that comment about her fucking. Looking forward to more.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 6 years ago
She passed on his potential in the past.

I hate to be a grammar nazi with someone who has a gift for pacing like CaffeineFetish, but when the same error shows up repeatedly, I can't help myself.

Passed is a verb and is used incorrectly as an adverb multiple times in these pages.

"He passed them on his way to work."

Past can be an adverb, adjective or noun relating to a location in time or space.

"He walked past them on his way to work."

tangledweedtangledweedabout 6 years ago
Feel free to delete my past comment.

I don't mind if it gets deleted, as long as the message gets passed along for future stories by CaffeineFetish. I will be reading them for my own enjoyment anyway.

PapaMikePapaMikeabout 4 years ago
Dod gast it!

It is past, not passed. Passed is the correct spelling, but of the WRONG word.

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

sounds like he mite be jealous

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCaffeineFetish@CaffeineFetish
ANNOUNCEMENT: I've just published the first book of the Chase Kramner series on Amazon Kindle. The Sorority will likely be on the site in a few days, under the title "The Last Snowman" under the author Joshua Wise. Get yourself a digital copy and leave an honest review. The ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

14 Hours Pt. 12 Previous Part
14 Hours Series Info