All Comments on 'A Blinding Love'

by DJann

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
KarenCDFLKarenCDFLabout 1 month ago

Excellent story.

Thank you!

SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesarabout 1 month ago

A charming story overall, though Grace comes onto a stranger faster than I'd expect. The closing sequence makes me wish this was fleshed out into a series to explore the characters further.

DedZone69DedZone69about 1 month ago

Great story, you write in a fantastic voice and had a great moral too. Good job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Self-loathing in a character is one thing, but this whole piece comes off pretty hateful to fat people. Less "everyone deserves to be loved" than "only a blind person could love a fattie, and even then they'll be more lovable if they're thinner."

FandeborisFandeboris4 days ago

Thought it ran a little short. But you said your piece and ran with it to the end. If you were going for sympathy for overweight women, I felt more for her because she was locked in a loop of disdain and depression. I gave you 5 stars for the effort of trying to convey a medical and psychological condition. Your head is in the right place. I guess you need some practice fleshing out your characters when trying to deliver a message.

You WILL get there, practice grasshopper. ☺️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDJann@DJann
Older guy, retired, cancer survivor, former lots of different things including software engineer, small business owner, traveler, tradesman. Now, not sitting around in God's waiting room, too many things to do yet.