All Comments on 'A Book of Letters Ch. 03'

by personalsecretarytobias

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Should be in Humor/satire

So damn bad I'm STILL laughing! Tracking? An idiot with any experience gets it removed in nothing flat. An idiot collects everything she's sending him then springs a trap that sends her to jail for years and years and years. He's such an idiot that it's impossible to like this mess. What a joke.

personalsecretarytobiaspersonalsecretarytobiasover 8 years agoAuthor
Author's Note

Glad I could make you laugh! I will take your comment optimistically as having added some humor to an otherwise dreary day. Seriously though, I did consider putting the whole story in other categories, although humor/satire was not one of them. That said, for those of us of a certain age, like poor Alex, technology can be a challenge. I doubt Alex spent years in his mother's basement honing his ability to overcome techonological barriers. On a final note, I appreciate the entire premise as well as the character development in the story might suck. But, thanks for giving it a brief try.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Keep going!

don't let negative comments stop you. the story so far is great and i cant wait to find out where it goes next

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Tobias

Addressing a comment from chapter 1, i would like to point out that when your story focuses more heavily on the power trip and head games being played rather than the action and characters themselves, who serm limited to fantasy writing and women's panties, then you will be challenged on those elements of they are lacking. It's like trying to write hard sci fi with no science or math skills.

Unrelated, watch out for that white knight Sprat. He apparently thinks people can know what is in a story by an author you haven't read simply by a psychic read of the title. Boy ain't right in the head.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
At times...

...I jump on an author for breaks in a story... I found such an inconsistency while I was watching tmc's showing of "to kill a mockingbird". In it the testimony of the father and the testimony of his daughter, both witnesses for the prosecution, were competing testimonies. The father said he saw the defendant running from the house and knew who it was. But the daughter said that she came to consciousness with her father standing over her asking who did it. That was a clear contradiction but gregory pecks character never pointed that out and his client was convicted and subsequently died while trying to escape. How could a room full of people not catch that? In any case, in this instance the story points out PLOT DEVELOPMENT to come and initially hidden to enhance the story. He is NOT distinguishably stupid as yet but you could make a case for her being deranged and a little overconfident about her abilities seeing she has given him a specidic time block where he could take steps to expose her identity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Keep going!

I am enjoying this story and eager to see where it goes. I appreciate a little suspense, a little delving into the characters' thoughts and feelings, and not just wham bam thank you ma'am. Slow development is more realistic and believable.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Too weird. Not erotic, not exciting, just psychotic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous